Woman Is The Nigger Of the World

Apr 29, 2009 | Posted by: womanistmusings | Full story: www.womanist-musings.com

I suppose at the time that this song was written it was deemed progressive. It reminds of the Student as Nigger by Faber which was published a few years before this song was released, which pushed the same sort of idea. Today this form of appropriation is readily engaged in by the GLBT community with the phrase gay is the new black (I bet they thought they were being original).

Though much time has passed since the song and the paper were released, whiteness still defines oppression by how it treats blacks. White privilege means the ability to erase others while complaining that one is uniquely oppressed because you are experiencing a form of discrimination that is normally reserved for a group that has been assigned the identity of “other’. Heaven forbid any white person live with a small dose of the kind of systemic inequality that blacks face on a daily basis.
Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated Mar 10, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#1 Apr 29, 2009
'Heaven forbid any white person live with a small dose of the kind of systemic inequality that blacks face on a daily basis.'

Interesting comment by the author. I wonder how many women they interviewed and got their take on 'equality' in a 'man's world'. Just sayin'.....

“Dr Chad is in now in the house”

Level 1

Since: Mar 09

Northern California

#2 Apr 29, 2009
I dont know about anyone else buy I laughed my asz off when I read the title of the thread LOL.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#3 Apr 29, 2009
In fact, the song in question is all about women's treatment in a man's world. Not one of Lennon's finest.......

Level 1

Northern California

#4 Apr 29, 2009
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
In fact, the song in question is all about women's treatment in a man's world. Not one of Lennon's finest.......
I guess so, but I never really bought into feminism. I mean at one point in history *before I was born* there were some legitimate complaints but IMHO women actually have the advantages nowadays because of affirmative action, sexually based hiring quotas, special loans and grants for school ect. This is all fine with be, but at the same time with all these freebies being handed out to women I really dont care to hear a woman complain about things not being equall.
the_truth_be_tol d2006

Piney Flats, TN

#7 Apr 29, 2009
So, does this mean the "N" word is fair game to use again? The editor used it....why can't everybody else?

Level 1

Northern California

#8 Apr 29, 2009
the_truth_be_told2006 wrote:
So, does this mean the "N" word is fair game to use again? The editor used it....why can't everybody else?
Well anyone can use it, you just open yourself up to someone calling you a racist...

“Proud Black Woman!!!”

Since: Apr 09

NYC

#9 Apr 29, 2009
where does this leave the black woman?

“blah blah blah”

United States

#10 Apr 29, 2009
The_Chad wrote:
I dont know about anyone else buy I laughed my asz off when I read the title of the thread LOL.
No, no, I choked I was laughing so hard.

I *had* to come and check this thread out lmao
Anon

United States

#11 Apr 29, 2009
Nazli wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, I choked I was laughing so hard.
I *had* to come and check this thread out lmao
damn is it that funny? you people slay me

“False Prophet”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#12 Apr 29, 2009
Gays are trying to say they the new blacks now

THey so pathethic and deplaorable.

THey like straight actors doing there work and cause fro them on the screen.

No one could dop that for a black man.

Political gays are sickening.

THey should all move to California where they can push poo legally.

Those demented bitches have nothing to complain about.

Sit them in a room with some Native Americans then they'll learn some stories.

Totalitarian bitches!

“Proud Black Woman!!!”

NYC

#13 Apr 29, 2009
hinamanu wrote:
Gays are trying to say they the new blacks now
THey so pathethic and deplaorable.
THey like straight actors doing there work and cause fro them on the screen.
No one could dop that for a black man.
Political gays are sickening.
THey should all move to California where they can push poo legally.
Those demented bitches have nothing to complain about.
Sit them in a room with some Native Americans then they'll learn some stories.
Totalitarian bitches!
"bitches"
so because gays are bad....they are bitches...which is a derogatory term meant for females.

like omg, gay is the new woman.

“Proud Black Woman!!!”

NYC

#14 Apr 29, 2009
once again, where does lennon's song leave black women.

“They eat diamonds like seeds..”

Since: Jan 08

Marietta, GA

#15 Apr 29, 2009
Why exactly would you "want" to use that word? Does it make you feel powerful or something?

“Play at your own risk !!!!”

Level 3

Since: Oct 08

Cleveland, Ohio

#16 Apr 29, 2009
Check out the AA thread " Who defiled the n-word. Get some insight on the word.

Level 3

Cleveland, Ohio

#17 Apr 29, 2009
Tableux wrote:
<quoted text>
Why exactly would you "want" to use that word? Does it make you feel powerful or something?
I would suggest you check out the thread also.

Level 3

Cleveland, Ohio

#18 Apr 29, 2009
Taylor

Edmonton, Canada

#19 Apr 29, 2009
All you coons are a bunch of n words. lol. Its silly that you cant use it on this forum, when you can use it everywhere else. Holla if ya hear me... woop woop.
wells

Ocala, FL

#20 Apr 29, 2009
Lol
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#21 Apr 29, 2009
What if it said women is the jigaboo of the world?Gays are the menace of the world now they have more rights than normal straight folks.It has never been natural and it never will be.It's a choice of lifestyle not something you are born with or without.To each their own until it infringes on my rights or threatens me.
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#22 Apr 29, 2009
Taylor wrote:
All you coons are a bunch of n words. lol. Its silly that you cant use it on this forum, when you can use it everywhere else. Holla if ya hear me... woop woop.
Careful now someone of color might get offended and you will never get any decent Pancakes again.Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nuculur option 1,101,598
AA BM Should Really Go Back To Africa and Here'... 6 min darline 150
Run The Republicans are coming 15 min Raise da Roof S 42
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 19 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 1,941
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 32 min felisitas 2,390
Why Do BM Value Any Race of Woman Above BW? 36 min Blck 29
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 41 min Carly HI YAH 5,008
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 43 min Stupid Thread 3,570
The Official 2014/2015 NFL Season Thread 50 min Failed Truth 70
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••