why does everyone assume africans are...

why does everyone assume africans are smarter than african americans?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
aaman

Boston, MA

#1 Aug 25, 2012
WHY DOES EVERYONE ASSUME AFRICANS ARE SMARTER THAN AFRICAN AMERICANS?
Where did this stereotype come from? If this is true then why are the homelands of these so called africans so tarnished and poor? Why don't they take their education and help their people? If they are so educated? Asians are educated and look at their countries and military! Euros are educated and look at their countries and military! So there's this big epidemic of educated africans yet africa has nothing to show for? I know not all of africa is poor but the majority IS!
Alf

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Aug 25, 2012
Which goes to prove that it isn't race that determines academic excellence or lack thereof but culture.
mr africa

Cape Town, South Africa

#4 Aug 25, 2012
well africans were not bred like cattle and they are not horny good for nothing cotton pickers with a billion dollar GDP but nothing to show for besides hip hop and du rags and other bulshits.
mr africa

Cape Town, South Africa

#5 Aug 25, 2012
while you at it why wont you explain negro homelands if they got any?
Chuck

United States

#6 Aug 25, 2012
mr africa wrote:
well africans were not bred like cattle and they are not horny good for nothing cotton pickers with a billion dollar GDP but nothing to show for besides hip hop and du rags and other bulshits.
Correction white boy, that's a 1.1 trillion dollar GDP with many businesses and accomplishments to show for.
ivoryprincess

Tobyhanna, PA

#8 Aug 31, 2012
Im African and i get straight A,s to me its not about if your african ,african american , asain or etc anyone can be smart, for me the only reasons i get good grades is because my mother make me work hard, and study, more, she's really though with me,my mother does not play games with it comes to school getting a B on mh report card is not even an option.

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

Poughquag, NY

#9 Aug 31, 2012
aaman wrote:
WHY DOES EVERYONE ASSUME AFRICANS ARE SMARTER THAN AFRICAN AMERICANS?
Where did this stereotype come from? If this is true then why are the homelands of these so called africans so tarnished and poor? Why don't they take their education and help their people? If they are so educated? Asians are educated and look at their countries and military! Euros are educated and look at their countries and military! So there's this big epidemic of educated africans yet africa has nothing to show for? I know not all of africa is poor but the majority IS!
It is because in the West we get most of the creme of the crop of Africa or the brains & elites of Africa.

So while we get the top of Africa in the West.

African Americans are just typical Negroes.

In reality Africa is way more stupid however the Africans who migrate to the West from Africa are typically more Intelligent than African Americans by a lot due to selective migration brain drain.
nnnnk

Saltville, VA

#10 Aug 31, 2012
yea but black doctors in USA make more money than white people..
nnnnk

Saltville, VA

#11 Aug 31, 2012
don't ask for a green card..

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Clinton.

#12 Aug 31, 2012
kenyanboy006 wrote:
WE're smarter, it's that they're not as lazy and uneducated.
Look at the numbers of africans who do well in school and now look at black americans
Wrong, wrong, and more wrong. There's plenty of private elite schools in Chicago Illinois. You think there just full of Africans..? No sweetie, mostly AA's. The type of schools you have to be accepted to from high gpa's. Africans aren't better and don't stereotype all AA's. They want a great education as well..
nomad

Chicago Heights, IL

#13 Aug 31, 2012
Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because in the West we get most of the creme of the crop of Africa or the brains & elites of Africa.
In reality Africa is way more stupid however the Africans who migrate to the West from Africa are typically more Intelligent than African Americans by a lot due to selective migration brain drain.
Give this man a cigar the average African Americans I.q.is 85 the average sub saharan Africans I.q. is 70 and the numb skulll award goes to equatorial guinea with an I. Q. Of drum roll please 59 that's right ladys and gents the stupidest people on earth come from you guessed it Africa .the crowd his wild.
nomad

Chicago Heights, IL

#14 Aug 31, 2012
Sorry goes wild. Lmwrao

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#15 Aug 31, 2012
Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence that the so called "creme of the crop" Africans or the "elites" are the primary ones who come here? I meet Africans all the time, and they don't exhibit any greater patterns of higher intelligence than any one else, yet they still perform better than Americans on average because they are more ambitious.

Most educated and intelligent Africans don't leave Africa at all, and the Middle Class in Africa is increasing exponentially.

Explain why this is.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#16 Aug 31, 2012
nomad wrote:
<quoted text>
Give this man a cigar the average African Americans I.q.is 85 the average sub saharan Africans I.q. is 70 and the numb skulll award goes to equatorial guinea with an I. Q. Of drum roll please 59 that's right ladys and gents the stupidest people on earth come from you guessed it Africa .the crowd his wild.
Equitorial Guinea boasts a higher GDP per capita than any other African country, including the northern ones (Berbers/Arabs) and most Middle eastern countries, as well as some southeastern Asian countries and most Latin American countries.

Why are white racists so intellectually inferior to me?
Alcoholics Anonymous

San Diego, CA

#17 Jul 20, 2013
In reality its the AA's that give off a air of inferiority & feel the need to compare them self's to everyone. The majority of AA's even those with degrees are dumb, unsophisticated & behave as vulgar as those living in the hood. You can look up neighborhood crime statistics for AA areas and its virtually the same whether in the hood or in the suburbs! Another thing immigration to the U.S doesn't require a high intelligence. But leave it up to AA's to find excuses to why they are lagging behind every other culture on many levels! You people need to look internally for answers to these questions & quit projecting on other peoples! It's tacky as can be but its what yall do best.
African American citizen

Bethesda, MD

#18 Sep 26, 2013
Aaman, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. The elite? what planet are you from. I'm African, west African. I don't think there's such a thing as elite Africans. There's the rich, middle class, poor,and dirt poor. It's all about education and the education system. Students in America have "rights" that African/Caribbean students can only dream of. Teachers in Developing countries can and will embarrass you for incorrect answers/responses. African Parents will usually side with the teachers. Tests, quizzes and assignments are generally easier in the States. for example, there is no such thing as "multiple choice" in Africa or the Caribbean. This gives students no other choice than to know the material inside out. Education is "a must" in Developing countries, it is the ONLY way to succeed. The opportunity to "get rich quick" doesn't exist. Therefore, the only way to a good/better life is through Education.
African_American citizen

Bethesda, MD

#19 Sep 26, 2013
the above message was meant for "Halonen is Conan".
truth hurts 101

Mason, MI

#20 Nov 9, 2013
Meanwhile in Africa.............
Ggg

Nairobi, Kenya

#21 Dec 17, 2013
Wow!!!
People think that Africa is poor, but that is on some parts!!!!
PEOPLE THINK THIS JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THAT ON MOVIES BUT THEY DONT SHOW THE GOOD PARTS!!!!!
I came from Norway (eu) and when I came to school here in Kenya I found out that what we learn here were 3 years ahead of them.
QBB

United States

#22 Dec 17, 2013
Not everyone does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do blacks need sunscreen? 2 min ugly monkeys 1
White Crime: Few Comments (Sep '09) 3 min ThRIlLa 3,843
Black Male House Servants/Concubines 8 min Buck Breaker 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Copout 1,497,516
News Trump exchange with black journalist sparks out... 25 min Mikey 94
News Black Men at Greater Risk for Prostate Cancer: ... 34 min Prostate Masseur 1
News Black History Month: Tim Scott on What His Elec... 39 min Magic Utah Uwear 22
Got into it with the cafeteria worker this morning 50 min SadButTrue 30
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 1 hr SadButTrue 1,114
What Exactly Is a "Good" Black Man? 1 hr SadButTrue 56
White guys are better in bed - according to bla... 3 hr SadButTrue 36
Why are black women so unattractive? (Aug '15) 7 hr sexysnowbunny 68
More from around the web