Why do Afrocentrists obsess over Egyp...

“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#4542 Jan 19, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, you're stupid, boy!
You can hear the evidence in the music! Those are European chords and song structures. And many elements.
Every ethnic group has unique music. That doesn't mean it is devoid of outside influence.
As usual, you're babbling nonsense.
Listen to some Gaelic music and then get back to me.
-Yawn-
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4543 Jan 19, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Stupidity is what stupidity does (or says)and you say much. I'm not talking about house slaves that may have had access to pianos or white European musical tastes,I'm talking about the everyday common field slaves who were in the VAST majority and knew next to nothing about life or culture outside the plantation.What,do you think they heard piano music floating upon the air from the big house and decided to imitate it? The influence of Blues music comes directly from West Africa. It was a form of mourning the death of loved ones and in fact a blue dye was used to dye clothing for funerals and to be worn by mourners hence the term for the musical genre. In turn,these melodies were incorporated into slave music on the plantations BEFORE blacks had widespread access to pianos and/or brass instruments.
You know,it's one thing if you want to tell people to jump off of other cultures but when you try to correct them about their own you come of looking simple,narrow minded, and just plain incorrect. You are no scholar of black American history.
Step off.
Don't smartass me, boy. In person that's a guarantee of a world of pain. You are attempting to tell me that the same chords as in Europe existed in W Africa? LOL!!! Because the chords of all USA music are European. Along with European scales and even notation. Nothing is African about any of that.

I don't deny the African influence, but you deny the European ones. That indicates that you are a racist. You know what I do to racists, boy? Come see me.

You don't tell me to step off, boy. You are maligning Celtic and other European people with this culture-vulture nonsense, so you back the fuck off, you got that, boy?

Also I know music far better than you do, I'm sure, blues or otherwise.

You think slaves were all out picking cotton, you moron? And they heard no whites playing music? I'm not talking about the piano so much as guitars, fiddles, etc.

You have a very shallow grasp of history based on your own inferiority-complex-rooted desire to pretend everything was black. Just another Afronazi racist...
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4544 Jan 19, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>...What,do you think they heard piano music floating upon the air from the big house and decided to imitate it?......
LMFBAO!
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4545 Jan 19, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, you're stupid, boy!
You can hear the evidence in the music! Those are European chords and song structures. And many elements.
Every ethnic group has unique music. That doesn't mean it is devoid of outside influence.
As usual, you're babbling nonsense.
Listen to some Gaelic music and then get back to me.
You do know the ''Banjo''(African origin) is commonly associated with ''Irish folk/traditional music'' so clearly Africans & ''African Americans'' influenced Irish folk/traditional music.

The Banjo is very significant in this piece of art:

What next the Banjo came from Europe?

LOL!

What about ''call and response'' chords huh? Clearly African origin in ''African American'' music. What about polyrhtyms? Clearly African origin in ''African American'' music. Spare us the BS please, mr. Eurocentric.
Barros Serrano-Bey

Reserve, NM

#4546 Jan 19, 2013
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFBAO!
Moron. You Afronazis are much smartass and no substance.

Did whites not play any music in those days? And when they did, the slaves never heard it? Even in Charleston? LOL!!!

You morons have nothing.

Ok, let's go, blues in E... LOL!!! Can't even say that without European influence.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4547 Jan 19, 2013
The fife was one of the most important musical instruments in America's Colonial period, even more widespread than the violin or piano. The fife can still be heard in some Appalachian folk music, playing lively dance tunes. American slaves adopted fifes in their musical traditions, which derived from African music. The tradition developed into fife and drum blues, a genre, that continued throughout the 20th century, but is dying out. One of the most famous artists in the tradition was Othar Turner, a musician from Mississippi, who played Blues on homemade cane fifes. Turner died on February 27, 2003.
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4548 Jan 19, 2013
Barros Serrano-Bey wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron. You Afronazis are much smartass and no substance.
Did whites not play any music in those days? And when they did, the slaves never heard it? Even in Charleston? LOL!!!
You morons have nothing.
Ok, let's go, blues in E... LOL!!! Can't even say that without European influence.
Did blacks not play any music in those days? And when they did, the other slaves never heard it? Even in Charleston? LOL!!!
You morons have nothing.
Ok, let's go, blues call and response LOL!!! Can't even say that without African influence.

What is the Banjo (African origin) doing in ''traditional/folk'' Irish music? Not so ''traditional'' now is it?

Ha!

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#4549 Jan 19, 2013
Almoravid wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Indeed you're right,
The foundation of modern African American music is at the root of African music and instruments. Modern African American music styles in cases became modern Western Music. In fact the rhythmic chords are African oriented. Classic European music doesn't use certain typical intervals in key chords.
The reason why Africans used "European" type of instruments is because it was prohibited to use African instruments. "A major" influence is the Kora players and Griot tradition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PrEPm04v9MkXX
It's absolutely crazy to go and claim Blues, Jazz as European in origin. While the Kora tradition is clearly at her root. lol
LOL!!! im through arguing with crazy barros about the origins of my peoples music.

thats for providing the additional information. i wasn't familiar with the kora tradition.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4550 Jan 19, 2013
The Blues is basically post colonial instruments mixed with African Rhythms with call & response.
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4551 Jan 19, 2013

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

London, UK

#4552 Jan 19, 2013

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#4553 Jan 19, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! im through arguing with crazy barros about the origins of my peoples music.
thats for providing the additional information. i wasn't familiar with the kora tradition.
"thanks" (not that)for providing additional information.
Barros Serrano-Bey

Reserve, NM

#4554 Jan 19, 2013
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the ''Banjo''(African origin) is commonly associated with ''Irish folk/traditional music'' so clearly Africans & ''African Americans'' influenced Irish folk/traditional music.
The Banjo is very significant in this piece of art:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2Z_TheGgFWIXX
What next the Banjo came from Europe?
LOL!
What about ''call and response'' chords huh? Clearly African origin in ''African American'' music. What about polyrhtyms? Clearly African origin in ''African American'' music. Spare us the BS please, mr. Eurocentric.
You smartassed bastard... I know where the banjo came from because I'm more knowledgeable about this---and apparently any---topic than you.

The banjo is associated with Appalachian music, not so much Irish.

You're ignoring the European influence, you insecure bitch. What about call & response? LOL...

What about CHORDS and chord structure, etc.

You morons think the blues and jazz appeared among slaves? Wrong again, morons. Slavery had been over for some time.

Robt Johnson was not a slave, morons. Nor Sun House.

There are no “call and response chords”, you idiot. Call and response refers to vocal arrangements, not chords. What a moron.

What about this? What about that?

Shut your fucking mouth you smartassed racist know-nothing. How you must hate yourself to be so fearful of whites and European influence.

Get me an example of the blues or jazz from AFRICA, as traditional music, or shut up.

Went down to the crossroads... good image... the crossroads where European and African influences met.

I'm not Eurocentric, asshole, and if you call me that in person I'll kill you. Got that?

You Afronazi culture-vulture self-hating insecure bastards claim it is Eurocentric to assert that the Olmecs were Native Americans! LOL!!! Fucking morons.

ALL USA MUSICAL GENRES: primarily of Euro and African influence.

MAGHREB: predominantly Eurasian for 30k years.

OLMECS: from Soconusco.

AMERICA: saw not one African until 1492.

MOORS IN IBERIA: mostly non-black Berbers.

OLDEST CONFIRMED CIVILIZATION: Vinca, 5000 bc

HANNIBAL---non-black Mideastern Semite.

JESUS---non-black Mideastern Semite.

CHINESE---non-black

VIKINGS---non-black

LOL!!! Suck shit, Afronazis. You have lost on every topic.

AND... are you ready for this?

YOU ARE NOT HEBREWS!!! LOL!!!
Barros Serrano-Bey

Reserve, NM

#4555 Jan 19, 2013
Don't forget to attend my lecture series, in which I enrich myself by duping gullible young Afronazis with culture-vulture bullshit like this:

the CHINESE were black Moors!!! and so were the CHOCTAW!!!

Pay up, suckers... I didn't put that "Bey" on my name just to look pretty.

Gimme da MONEY!!!

Level 6

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4556 Jan 19, 2013
Negroes have created all musical genres. The following three links prove this beyond all doubt so this conversation is therefore over. Anyone who denies that Negroes have created all music is completely insane in the membrane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Silly Negroes. Trix are for kids.
Beer Belly Bob

New York, NY

#4557 Jan 19, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't smartass me, boy. In person that's a guarantee of a world of pain. You are attempting to tell me that the same chords as in Europe existed in W Africa? LOL!!! Because the chords of all USA music are European. Along with European scales and even notation. Nothing is African about any of that.
I don't deny the African influence, but you deny the European ones. That indicates that you are a racist. You know what I do to racists, boy? Come see me.
You don't tell me to step off, boy. You are maligning Celtic and other European people with this culture-vulture nonsense, so you back the fuck off, you got that, boy?
Also I know music far better than you do, I'm sure, blues or otherwise.
You think slaves were all out picking cotton, you moron? And they heard no whites playing music? I'm not talking about the piano so much as guitars, fiddles, etc.
You have a very shallow grasp of history based on your own inferiority-complex-rooted desire to pretend everything was black. Just another Afronazi racist...
Oh so now you're a tough guy? Fail to make your point intellectually so you resort to threats and name calling? YAWN!

Theres nothing you can tell me about your perceived knowledge on the subject that will have me agape with wonder. No Barros,no. You are neither that intelligent,influential,or remarkable in your efforts to come across as knowledgeable. The very fact that I frustrate you is strong indication that you are trying more to be believed than you yourself believe. A sure way to make people stop paying attention to you and consider you foolish is to TRY and insult them in a discussion. You neither understand human psychology NOR cultural history.

The list of your short comings is growing.

:/
Beer Belly Bob

New York, NY

#4558 Jan 19, 2013
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Did blacks not play any music in those days? And when they did, the other slaves never heard it? Even in Charleston? LOL!!!
You morons have nothing.
Ok, let's go, blues call and response LOL!!! Can't even say that without African influence.
What is the Banjo (African origin) doing in ''traditional/folk'' Irish music? Not so ''traditional'' now is it?
Ha!
And it's very sad indeed how that much loved African instrument has in our age been associated with the worst kind of white trash. To the point of not even being remembered by most as having African origin. They could have at least changed the name of the instrument smh.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4559 Jan 19, 2013
Bigsmoke wrote:
I like this Kora beat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8luhdxS2KuMXX
Great Pick!
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4560 Jan 19, 2013
bozino wrote:
Negroes have created all musical genres. The following three links prove this beyond all doubt so this conversation is therefore over. Anyone who denies that Negroes have created all music is completely insane in the membrane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DSZSxyCtF1MXX
Silly Negroes. Trix are for kids.
Led Zeppelin is a bad example of the point you're making.

Led Zeppelin is NOTORIOUS for ripping off blues songs, changing a word or a riff here and there, then claiming they wrote it. They did this repeatedly. Jimmy Page is a colossal THIEF of music, for which he collects royalties when the songs were in fact written by USA black blues artists.

I can't even stand to listen to Zep because of this. Other British blues-based bands creditted their sources, and even helped them make money by playing as backup musicians with them...(as in “Howling Wolf---London sessions”, on which several Rolling Stones, Steve Winwood and others played). I have respect for those people for being honest... and including The Who, the Beatles, the Yardbirds and others who were not ripoff artists.

Led Zeppelin can eat my shorts.
Beer Belly Bob

New York, NY

#4561 Jan 19, 2013
bozino wrote:
...Trix are for kids.
There was once another poster around here that used to say that and thats where you got it from. People have long memories around here.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much kool-aid did this boon drink? 3 min racistslickpigbutt 9
REPARATIONS: They Will Be Paid Sooner Or Later (Jan '15) 3 min Johnny 1,056
Egyptians in Egypt 3 min selina london 424
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nuculur option 1,275,788
All women prefer white men (Jan '15) 6 min Bobby T Canada 5,477
Why do I hate white people so much? 7 min lol 288
I hate blackwomen with a passion!! 7 min Beautiful Creole 32
Healing The Black Race... 12 min freddie47 336
White men are better lovers? 1 hr T-BOS 482
More from around the web