“100%”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#4480 Jan 18, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
There is Euro influence on the music. Vocal style? The harmonies of the Temptations are of European origin.
Yeah Al Green is great but that is irrelevant. His music also stems from both European and African influences.
No denying it. Y'all don't even debate logically. Evidence is presented proving you wrong (like 30k bp remains in the Maghreb which are 100% European) and you just keep on babbling without addressing the evidence,.
CHORDS... trace them back. From where? LOL!!! Right there you lose your feeble attempt to make USA music 100% African. In a country with a large Euro-derived majority, they had NO influence on music? LOL!!! How idiotic. Everyone who was here had an influence, fool.
No your opinion is IRRELEVANT. The debate is OVER without evidence.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4481 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
What European style helped establish Black musical Genres?? List them so we can see this influence. All the other stuff is irrelevant.
Mostly Gaelic folk music. Also English folk music. Also Classical. Also any European music which was played here.

The European elements we see in all USA musical genres are not irrelevant. The European chords are not irrelevant, but you avoid them like the plague because you're an Afronazi liar.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4482 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence of Caribbean music with European elements that can be heard in their music. Give me a breakdown of their music.
Start with the chords.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4483 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
The chords are evidence. That ends it right there.

Chords: European.

Afronazis: punked & debunked.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4484 Jan 18, 2013
Chords... take the blues. Let's put it in E. The 1-4-5 progression in key of E is E-A-B. Often the E is played as an E7, and the “blues note” is a diminished 3rd, which for E is a G. This blues note can be found in Gaelic music, usually played by the fiddle.

The same interval (minor 3rd) is used for effect in W African music also, though, unlike the blues, not using European scales and chords.

USA music: of multiple roots, chiefly European and African.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4485 Jan 18, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly Gaelic folk music. Also English folk music. Also Classical. Also any European music which was played here.
The European elements we see in all USA musical genres are not irrelevant. The European chords are not irrelevant, but you avoid them like the plague because you're an Afronazi liar.
There is no evidence linkin' any of the style of music to American Blues, Jazz, Rock or Gospel. Right now all I'm reading is ur opinion with no facts supported.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4486 Jan 18, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with the chords.
Start with evidence. You have 'em??
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4487 Jan 18, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
Chords... take the blues. Let's put it in E. The 1-4-5 progression in key of E is E-A-B. Often the E is played as an E7, and the “blues note” is a diminished 3rd, which for E is a G. This blues note can be found in Gaelic music, usually played by the fiddle.
The same interval (minor 3rd) is used for effect in W African music also, though, unlike the blues, not using European scales and chords.
American popular music predominately descends from African influence hence why it has been ''African Americans'' creating the popular genres, setting the trends as opposed to ''European Americans''.

The same applies for dancing.

Give it a rest already.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4488 Jan 18, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
The chords are evidence. That ends it right there.
Chords: European.
Afronazis: punked & debunked.
Done.

You have NOTHING as expected.
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4489 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence Barros never has evidence.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4490 Jan 18, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
I don't want you to educate me. I'm NOT sittin' in ur classroom.
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4492 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that a fact?? The vocal style & Rhythmic style are the reasons these genres exist. Europeans do NOT sing like our Black singers otherwise white artists would dominate all these genres themselves. I have already gave you some examples. Now you need to list European artists who were singing like Black singers 1st, I'll be waiting!! There is no need to even debate on any of the Rhythmic style of music & dancing.
The guy is stupid, trust me I'm from Europe, lived in Ireland for a while and believe me these people generally lack rhythm and do not sing like Black Americans. Guess who does in Europe for the most part? African & Afro-Caribbean descendants. Barros doesn't have a clue what he's on about.

“100%”

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#4493 Jan 18, 2013
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he's claiming Caribbean music has European elements. BUT this is coming from same person who claims Europeans invented writing & has the oldest Civilization.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4494 Jan 18, 2013
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
The chords are evidence, heidelbergensis boy.

Where are the chords from, eh?

LOL... you won't answer, you lying racist piece of shit.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4495 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence linkin' any of the style of music to American Blues, Jazz, Rock or Gospel. Right now all I'm reading is ur opinion with no facts supported.
Listen to that music, boy. What do you hear? CHORDS!, lol... using European scales and harmonies also.

Yes, there is the evidence. You cannot find that in African music, only European.

You lose, racist liar.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4496 Jan 18, 2013
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
American popular music predominately descends from African influence hence why it has been ''African Americans'' creating the popular genres, setting the trends as opposed to ''European Americans''.
The same applies for dancing.
Give it a rest already.
Speaking of dancing... a major influence on break dancing was “buck dancing”, of Appalachian provenance, though based on prior Celtic forms with some influence from African-Americans also.

You cannot avoid this mixing of Euro and African influences in music and in much of USA culture.

Too bad you racists can't accept that... but, as racists, you're always wrong and therefore irrelevant.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4497 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want you to educate me. I'm NOT sittin' in ur classroom.
You've never done well in any classroom, I can see that.

You could pay attention to what I post and you would learn a lot.

But it is your free choice to remain the ignorant racist braying jackass you are.
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4498 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he's claiming Caribbean music has European elements. BUT this is coming from same person who claims Europeans invented writing & has the oldest Civilization.
He's a eurocentric, it's what eurocentrics do.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4499 Jan 18, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is proven. You can produce no writing older than that of the Vincan Tartaria tablets.

And no civilization is yet uncovered older than Vinca 5000 bc.

Too bad that offends your racist Afronazi sensibilities.

I was just listening to Mighty Sparrow... I notice his songs use EUROPEAN chords and scales! LOL!!!

Also European metric structure.

Up yours, boy.
Bigsmoke

London, UK

#4500 Jan 18, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
The chords are evidence, heidelbergensis boy.
Where are the chords from, eh?
LOL... you won't answer, you lying racist piece of shit.
So why have ''European Americans'' generally failed to set musical trends in US history?
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to that music, boy. What do you hear? CHORDS!, lol... using European scales and harmonies also.
Yes, there is the evidence. You cannot find that in African music, only European.
You lose, racist liar.
You're really claiming there was no harmonies in African music? LOL, you small mind.
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of dancing... a major influence on break dancing was “buck dancing”, of Appalachian provenance, though based on prior Celtic forms with some influence from African-Americans also.
You cannot avoid this mixing of Euro and African influences in music and in much of USA culture.
Too bad you racists can't accept that... but, as racists, you're always wrong and therefore irrelevant.
''Rhythm'', Europeans generally lack such a thing in regards to dancing compared to Africans and their descendants in the Americas.

Polyrhythms is African and rhythmic dancing is also African in origin.''European Americans'' called it all jungle and initially taboo for a reason.

Nobody is denying European influence the argument here is it is dwarfed compared to the African influence so stop trying to say otherwise. Remember I'm from Europe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min Ben YISRAEL 116,973
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 12 min yor 5,468
News Confessions of a black atheist 14 min Thinking 410
All women prefer white men 29 min CEEK 4,370
black men love to date fat and ugly white women 33 min danny 131
Black African's Moors Ruled Europe 700 Years (Aug '12) 35 min trollslayer 2,477
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr KiloEcho 32,840
Major Protesting in Baltimore Right Now 1 hr Lotus Order 91
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 4 hr Redefined 474
More from around the web