Black people constantly bring up slav...

Black people constantly bring up slavery because.....

Created by LAcreole on Dec 23, 2012

68 votes

Click on an option to vote

To get more handouts from white people

They wish they were white and in power

They're simply whiny and pathetic

They're too lazy to think of anything else

They don't know what to do with freedom

All of the above

None of the above

KIP

San Francisco, CA

#87 Apr 20, 2013
Bubba wrote:
Blacks constantly talk about slavery because they love playing the role of "the innocent victim," and thinking whites owe them a White Guilt Receipt. It all comes down to "feel sorry for me and let me get my way because I'm black."
That's VERY ignorant.

It has nothing to do with that. History isn't about having a guilt trip. In this context the history and knowledge of slavery gives black people a link to the past. It allows an anchor by which we can understand origins in this new land. I find it peculiar that people think we should just forget our history. Oh wait! They are the hateful ones.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

United States

#88 Apr 20, 2013
WP have to bring up slavery when explaining how their ancestors conquered PPL around the world & how their ancestors build a nation off of free labor. To ignore slavery would be dismissing the foundation of modern America which is rooted in blood, racism & thievery.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

Washington, DC

#89 Apr 21, 2013
WP want you to forget about slavery so we can keep sending our children to their schools, so they can teach our children their version of events!! BP we are still enslaved what are we talking about, we have a black president and has our condition gotten better or worse? We keep trying to play checkers when the game is chess, and believe it or not we are one step away from check mate. If we don't figure out this game being played on us, give it three years, we will be finished!! That's the reality, they are going to overturn affirmative action this summer, and have immigration reform done by the winter. Put those things together, what does it spell out for blacks?

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Washington, DC

#90 Apr 21, 2013
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

We better get our stuff together and soon

Here let me spell it out, immigration reform will legally allow majority Hispanic persons to lawfully gain legal status in the US. Now what that means simply is WP are going to elevate them over us, meaning them will have more access to money and opportunities. Overturning affirmative action will mean less black children going to college and entering the work force, it also means more of us on welfare, but guess what welfare has a time limit, you can only be in it for a few years, and guess what, back to square one. No job because affirmative action killed what little opportunity we had, now it becomes a system of who they want working with them, this is how your Hispanics will be elevated over blacks, and nothing we can do about it. So with no jobs, no education, and no welfare where will we end up? In one of the new prison's they'll be building. This is a game and my people haven't figured it out yet!! Some of y'all want to be friends with WP, they are going to be the same ones that are going to leave you out in the cold!!
trueyou2

Michigan City, IN

#91 Apr 21, 2013
Did you know Hitler put black people in concentration camps as well? Look it up, our history is hidden and unknown, sad but true.
trueyou2

Michigan City, IN

#92 Apr 21, 2013
European and American blacks were also interned in the Nazi concentration camp system. Lionel Romney, a sailor in the US Merchant Marine, was imprisoned in the Mauthausen concentration camp. Jean Marcel Nicolas, a Haitian national, was incarcerated in the Buchenwald and Dora-Mittelbau concentration camps in Germany. Jean Voste, an African Belgian, was incarcerated in the Dachau concentration camp. Bayume Mohamed Hussein from Tanganyika (today Tanzania) died in the Sachsenhausen camp, near Berlin. Black prisoners of war faced illegal incarceration and mistreatment at the hands of the Nazis, who did not uphold the regulations imposed by the Geneva Convention (international agreement on the conduct of war and the treatment of wounded and captured soldiers). Lieutenant Darwin Nichols, an African American pilot, was incarcerated in a Gestapo prison

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#93 Apr 21, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Black people should never forget about thee inhumane practice of slavery upon their ancestors; and the present injustice after mass of it all.
If ancestors could speak they would be proud that many of their present offsprings have not forgotten them; just because the present offsprings of the whites whom did thee inhumane act wants black people to forget.
Your feelings about it doesn't count; ,Native Americans, Jews, and Black People have every right to acknowelegde those whom have done grave injustice to them; and to those whom they had come from.
That's like 100 years from now muslum middle-easterns telling the future offspring of those whom brutally lost ancestors during 9 / 11 / by the 'muslum middle-easterns to forget about their murdered ancestors during 9 / 11 / idiot!
slavery has been a unfortunate part of the world since humans first started walking on it. and the various types of slavery that has occurred. meaning thousands of years. America did NOT invent slavery
be it Blacks who have inslaved other Blacks,
Arabic folks enslaving who they came across.
Chinese enslaving not only their own. but others they came in contact with.
Romans enslaving Brits and Germans
Germans enslaving others. which is how we got the root word 'thrall' like as in 'enthralling'. since thrall was the term for slave in Germanic/Norse areas.
and so forth for folks enslaving others. and the terms used to describe various types of slavery.
many slaves were either battle slaves. meaning they were the living losers of battles. captured after battle.
or that they were kidnapped
or they sold themselves into slavery to settle a debt. this time is 'indentured slavery'. many Europeans especially British folks did that.
https://autocww2.colorado.edu/~blackmon/E64Co... Slavery existed in some of Africa's earliest organized societies. More than 3,500 years ago, ancient Egyptians raided neighboring societies for slaves, and the buying and selling of slaves were regular activities in cities along the Nile River. However, whereas the Egyptians left behind written records of their activities, most other early African states and societies did not. Therefore, our understanding of most early African practices of slavery is based on much more recent observations of African traditions regarding slavery and kinship and on oral histories.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thr... a servant slave : bondman; also : serf
http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textboo... Many Americans, influenced by images in the television mini-series "Roots," mistakenly believe that most slaves were captured by Europeans who landed on the African coast and captured or ambushed people. While Europeans did engage in some slave raiding, the majority of people who were transported to the Americas were enslaved by other Africans.
.....It is important to understand that Europeans were incapable, on their own, of kidnapping 20 million Africans. Indeed, the system became so institutionalized that Europeans had little contact with the actual process of enslavement.
even though many folks assume slavery is over. there is a type of slavery still going on in the world here called prostitution.
many prostitutes are slaves to their pimps.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#94 Apr 21, 2013
Bubba wrote:
Blacks constantly talk about slavery because they love playing the role of "the innocent victim," and thinking whites owe them a White Guilt Receipt. It all comes down to "feel sorry for me and let me get my way because I'm black."
and some do it to folks who not only were tooo poor to own a slave.
but also came to America AFTER the 13th Amendment was created and signed. like both sides of my own family. I'm referring to both of my parents' families.
as well as some of the Whites here also were part of the Underground Railroad. like a great aunt of my husband. she ran a high class 'gentlemens' club. she would get the runaways. train them in usable tradeskill jobs. and due to who her clientele were. she was able to get the Freedom Papers to the ones who learned a skill.
up here in Minnesota. slavery was thank goodness illegal. but unfortunately it was not illegal for a bounty hunter to come up here and take who he thought were runaways.
for anyone who thinks I am wrong on what I said. think on it. imagine you are that bounty hunter. you are coming up to a house. now, whose house are you going to search more thoroughly, the one with a White owner, or the one with a Black owner?
as well as the Runaways were coached on what symbols designated a 'station house' like the figure of a Black Jockey holding a lamp. or a certain window hanging, etc....
plus, remember that many Whites also felt strongly against slavery. many of them joined the Abolitionist Party that became part of the Republican Party.
also, some Blacks do not realize that due to before the ruling on slavery in America. and interracial marriages being made illegal. until Loving vs Virginia. many folks entered into interracial marriages.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Washington, DC

#96 Apr 21, 2013
Bubba

My question to you is, do you think it's valid, considering what we went through in this country?
mike101

Irving, TX

#97 Apr 21, 2013
kelly wrote:
telephone b$%ch
peanut butter Bi^%h
traffic light so ur dumb a$$ dont killed..Bi%$h
just to name a few.... read a book dummy.... a real book with real history... ur race is a recessive lie.. thats why ur dicks are little.
http://tightrope.cc/Black-Invention-Myths.htm

Read that stupid coon...
deshawn

Houston, TX

#98 Apr 21, 2013
End of discussion wrote:
<quoted text>It really doesn't matter because your nation is falling.
End, what is YOUR nation?
Mike

Chandler, AZ

#99 May 15, 2013
dkanela wrote:
Black people bring up slavery because we are still feeling the effects of slavery.
Get over it.
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#100 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, please! Don't insult everyone's intelligence by trying to deny you people use slavery and racism to guilt trip other people. You blacks cry "victim" and play the race card CONSTANTLY.
Probably just as much as you might use the Manifest Destiny, and Survival of the Fittest nonsense to usurp some degree of superiority over others and validate imperialism. What's so interesting is how that mindset has crept into U.S. foreign policy by way of telling others how great you are supposed to be.
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#101 May 15, 2013
In America some white people come boasting how their ancestors came over on the Mayflower or were peasants from Ireland or whatever with some kind of story. If a black person explains our heritage or ancestral history in reference to slavery, the idiots come howling about guilt and all this other B.S. They can't learn from someone else's history. They are only focused on themselves and their own. Then they wonder why everyone the world over is sick of them and their glorified arrogance.
Darth Maul

Jersey City, NJ

#102 May 15, 2013
itsmeman wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you accomplished as an individual? Not a damn thing so stfu!!!
P.S.
My president and first lady are black B!tch!!!!! Lol
There only half black.
Darth Maul

Jersey City, NJ

#103 May 15, 2013
KIP wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably just as much as you might use the Manifest Destiny, and Survival of the Fittest nonsense to usurp some degree of superiority over others and validate imperialism. What's so interesting is how that mindset has crept into U.S. foreign policy by way of telling others how great you are supposed to be.
Survival of the fittest is not nonsense it is fact. You know what else is fact. The fact that black people cry, bitch and moan about being enslaved a long time ago and about being oppressed now. "I didn't get the job cause I'm black." She turned me down cause I'm black." Black people are nothing more than whiners.
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#104 May 15, 2013
Darth Maul wrote:
<quoted text>
Survival of the fittest is not nonsense it is fact. You know what else is fact. The fact that black people cry, bitch and moan about being enslaved a long time ago and about being oppressed now. "I didn't get the job cause I'm black." She turned me down cause I'm black." Black people are nothing more than whiners.
That's about the most ignorant, backwards, hate-filled, mobile home-educated lot of B.S. I've heard all day, but if it helps you sleep at night, then whatever. It sounds like all you like to do is PRETEND others haven't been affected by racism. Do you pretend that sexism hasn't affected women too? How about classism? Do you really think everybody can borrow $$$ from their parents to build a business, LOL?

What a laugh!
Darth Maul

Jersey City, NJ

#105 May 15, 2013
dkanela wrote:
Black people bring up slavery because we are still feeling the effects of slavery.
No that's not it. It's because you think that you are owed reparations, which you're not! It's not my fault if my ancestor made your ancestor pick cotton. Get over it! Slavery has been abolished for over 200 years move on. You people act like you were the only ones enslaved and/or oppressed. Every race/nationality were enslaved and/or oppressed at some point in their history and they have pretty much gotten over it. It's you people that can't seem to get over it.
Darth Maul

Jersey City, NJ

#106 May 15, 2013
dkanela wrote:
WP want you to forget about slavery so we can keep sending our children to their schools, so they can teach our children their version of events!! BP we are still enslaved what are we talking about, we have a black president and has our condition gotten better or worse? We keep trying to play checkers when the game is chess, and believe it or not we are one step away from check mate. If we don't figure out this game being played on us, give it three years, we will be finished!! That's the reality, they are going to overturn affirmative action this summer, and have immigration reform done by the winter. Put those things together, what does it spell out for blacks?
Would you like some cheese with your Whine. Blacks are oppressing themselves, no one else is. It's most blacks that decide to go out and commit crime, no one forces them to. It's most blacks that keep their neighborhoods dirty, no one forces them to do that. It's most blacks that are too lazy to go out and get a job.
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#107 May 15, 2013
Darth Maul wrote:
<quoted text>
It took a lot more than whining for blacks to survive being in America over 400 years. If you knew of and respected any of the history you might understand. You don't, so in your mind it sounds like everyone is whining.

Interesting isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WARNING ! Whites are Desperate to make Blacks F... 5 min JustdroppedIN 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,395,187
News Donald Trump Is Unfit to Lead 16 min Just Sayin 71
How Fkn dumb can Republicans get? 2.0 17 min Marcus Washington 72
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 17 min Radical Agenda 46,390
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 18 min Don Barros Serrano 32,614
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 21 min southern at heart 2,066
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 1 hr Marcus Washington 76
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 3 hr Sara 273
More from around the web