London

Powell, OH

#82 May 4, 2013
Tony touch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well i'm pretty sure Kobe is worth well over a half billion now, so I don't think thousands of dollars is a problem for him. I don't think he's a selfish dude when it comes to money either, seeing how he bought his wife that ring when he couldv've spent half of that and got the same effect.
What people don't realize, and especially women, is you can get more from a person by not being demanding and just being in a brotha's corner the way it should be. Trust me, all that other sh*t will take care of itself if you had a lil faith in that man from the beginning.
There's very few brothas that don't think of their mother first when they finally make it....and there's very few that wouldn't take care of the woman by his side that's loyal.
I know this from being around brothas all my life, and they don't have nothing to prove to another dude in that respect
Yeah, I think he's worth close to a billion. I think that's what I've heard. He should have given his mother what she asked for. Her request, given the life, wasn't close to unreasonable.

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83 May 4, 2013
"The mother has already sold some of his stuff and he said nothing while continuing to support his parents. I think he may be fed up.
"The filing also noted Pamela Bryant still has some 900 items from her son's career with an estimated value of $1.5 million."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201 ... "

MY FAULT! lol
Misread the story...she didnt already sell some stuff
London

Powell, OH

#84 May 4, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe she still lives in Jersey but she wanted to buy the home in Nevada. Nothing wrong with her wanting a second home...if SHE could afford it. She wants her son to pay for it so she should have made due with what was offered. Great homes are dirt cheap in Nevada. She is just being greedy.
There is a lot wrong with her asking for the money in the first place. I give my mom money all the time, she never asks. I will never ask my son, he knows he better spoil momma a lil...Im great at the silent guilt trip thing but I would never ask. lol. I parent shouldnt expect to be taken care of by the child.
Its like you are looking at his finances and his millionaire lifestyle & thinking his parents should be able to live the same way. No. That "rule" should only apply to children of the rich, in fact, its already law...income is how child support is figured (some slimeballs get around this).
The mother has already sold some of his stuff and he said nothing while continuing to support his parents. I think he may be fed up.
"The filing also noted Pamela Bryant still has some 900 items from her son's career with an estimated value of $1.5 million."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
I don't think she should ask for money either. And I certainly wouldn't go to court or put him in a situation where he's suing folks over things he doesn't want sold that I'm giving them. I certainly think she's crossing a line. I still say he should have given her what she wanted. Her request is not unreasonable. I'm not the type of mother who would ask my son for anything because I feel like I can take care of myself and make do with whatever but not every woman thinks like that. Her request wasn't unreasonable considering who her son is and what he makes. He should have been a good son and given her what she wanted because at the end of the day, it's chump change for him.

Level 6

Location hidden

#85 May 4, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she should ask for money either. And I certainly wouldn't go to court or put him in a situation where he's suing folks over things he doesn't want sold that I'm giving them. I certainly think she's crossing a line. I still say he should have given her what she wanted. Her request is not unreasonable. I'm not the type of mother who would ask my son for anything because I feel like I can take care of myself and make do with whatever but not every woman thinks like that. Her request wasn't unreasonable considering who her son is and what he makes. He should have been a good son and given her what she wanted because at the end of the day, it's chump change for him.
I agree with ALMOST everything you said :)
He has been giving his mother money...she keeps coming back. Like a leech. Seems like they get broke off by Kobe on the regular...this time wouldnt have been any different but just like a leech, she wanted more.
I wonder if he kept track of what he gave to his parents? I bet its well into the millions. Can he write them off as dependents or something? lol

Level 3

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#86 May 4, 2013
Also, Kobe didn't even completely refuse to give his mom the extra money, even though he should have, it says "Bryant thought the matter was on hold until..." and that's when she started selling up his old stuff (for the second time). This one story has pretty much shown that she's a terrible human being.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#87 May 4, 2013
Tony touch wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn...I thought he went through both and picked up the pieces, but I guess I haven't followed him in a couple years
Bossip is known to exaggerate but his home was foreclosed on and that sounds broke to me.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#88 May 4, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think he's worth close to a billion. I think that's what I've heard. He should have given his mother what she asked for. Her request, given the life, wasn't close to unreasonable.
No child needs to spoil their mothers it should only be the other way around. To me he has done more than enough for her.

“>3 =O”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

los angeles

#89 May 4, 2013
She is probably a user, which is a problem in the black community. I remember when I used to live back home at 19, my mom used to take half my money for rent knowing that I barely made enough to pay for school, cell phone and have a decent social life. She would use most the money for her false hair, clubbing, on my brother, etc. I was quick to get out of there.

I really hope Kobe wins, especially since he actually did things for her. Hopefully he gets his money back and then some to teach her a lesson.

“>3 =O”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

los angeles

#90 May 4, 2013
Just because you squeezed a bunch of kids out does not mean that they owe you anything, they didn't choose to be in this world. Most black boys end up being bastards with bitter mothers, and they are either stupid and repeat the cycle, or learn from their parents mistakes.

Level 6

Location hidden

#91 May 4, 2013
Jstylez wrote:
She is probably a user, which is a problem in the black community. I remember when I used to live back home at 19, my mom used to take half my money for rent knowing that I barely made enough to pay for school, cell phone and have a decent social life. She would use most the money for her false hair, clubbing, on my brother, etc. I was quick to get out of there.
I really hope Kobe wins, especially since he actually did things for her. Hopefully he gets his money back and then some to teach her a lesson.
Troll
Werent you busy in the black mens thread with a dyk in ur mouth?
Go finish up...dont stop til u swallow.
London

Powell, OH

#95 May 4, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with ALMOST everything you said :)
He has been giving his mother money...she keeps coming back. Like a leech. Seems like they get broke off by Kobe on the regular...this time wouldnt have been any different but just like a leech, she wanted more.
I wonder if he kept track of what he gave to his parents? I bet its well into the millions. Can he we them off as dependents or something? lol
But not many of us wouldn't give money to our mothers if they wanted it and we could afford it. I don't think his mom asking him for 450,000 for a house is unreasonable for the lifestyle these folks live. I still maintain he should have given her that little bit of mone,y however, she should not take it as far as court if he says no because at the end of the day it's his money and he can do with it what he wants.

“I am”

Level 8

Since: Jul 11

The Original Intention

#96 May 4, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
But not many of us wouldn't give money to our mothers if they wanted it and we could afford it. I don't think his mom asking him for 450,000 for a house is unreasonable for the lifestyle these folks live. I still maintain he should have given her that little bit of mone,y however, she should not take it as far as court if he says no because at the end of the day it's his money and he can do with it what he wants.
I think he should give his mother the money too, but supposedly he has already been giving his parents millions of dollars. I think it's very tacky of her to try and sell his highschool trophies and things he earned that hold a higher than money value to him.
London

Powell, OH

#97 May 4, 2013
MrAnderson9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he should give his mother the money too, but supposedly he has already been giving his parents millions of dollars. I think it's very tacky of her to try and sell his highschool trophies and things he earned that hold a higher than money value to him.
Well if they meant that much to him he should have taken them in to his own billion dollar homes long ago. I bet he has so many trophies that it's ridiculous considering he was groomed for his lifestyle from day one (like Woods). I also bet she has more than one of lots of his stuff.

And I also seriously doubt he's been giving them millions because his folks were pretty well off themselves. At least not millions they've asked for. But nonetheless, he's doing what he should do considering his life. He has a high profile life and just to keep them safe will cost him money. These are things he should do just as a son looking out for his parents. However, I do think she's crossing a line at the end of the day if he's asked her not to sell things or if he doesn't want to give her money, he doesn't have to. I'm just speaking about what he should do. I've done things for my mother just because it was more respectful to do than to have her extremely upset over something which doesn't have an impact on my family anyway.

“Pick ya poison, Ya Bish!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#98 May 4, 2013
Just read somewhere he bought his mother in law a 3 million dollar home. His parents have to sell his things in order to buy a new home? What has his mother in law done for him ?. Is his parents less deserving ? Some children can be ungrateful but some parents can be greedy. I'll never do something like that to my mother. If she wants a new house she got it that's just something you don't do. It's sad but some men treat their in laws better then they treat their parents.

I don't think it's right for her to sell his things ...
London

Powell, OH

#99 May 4, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>No child needs to spoil their mothers it should only be the other way around. To me he has done more than enough for her.
No one needs to make a billion dollars to live comfortably either. These are just things society does to reward those for talents the rest of us don't have. So, he's in a unique situation--not average. He's living an extraordinary life in terms of access and finances. So, in that case, how come he can't spoil his mom? Why the f not? If she wants a peasly 450,000 for some house, why not give it to her??? Heck lots of US can afford a home of at least 250,000..so imagine what 450,000 sounds like to him? It sounds like 40,000 to him.

Level 6

Location hidden

#100 May 4, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll
Werent you busy in the black mens thread with a dyk in ur mouth?
Go finish up...dont stop til u swallow.
He isn't a troll he is just showing how some of these think anyway. Yes it's some awful mothers but
Some Children are just ungrateful . I never had a problem giving my mother money WHY? she gave me everything and more. Many children especially boys aren't appreciative even my own brother.

Level 6

Location hidden

#101 May 4, 2013
BlackReign wrote:
Just read somewhere he bought his mother in law a 3 million dollar home. His parents have to sell his things in order to buy a new home? What has his mother in law done for him ?. Is his parents less deserving ? Some children can be ungrateful but some parents can be greedy. I'll never do something like that to my mother. If she wants a new house she got it that's just something you don't do. It's sad but some men treat their in laws better then they treat their parents.
I don't think it's right for her to sell his things ...
The PRIMARY house that his parents live in cost just as much. He gives them money consistantly and was going to pay $250,000 on a SECONDARY home.
His wife and in laws are also leeches...and hes a self hating dumb azz but I dont think he treating the in laws any better in THIS INSTANCE.

Level 6

Location hidden

#102 May 4, 2013
BlackReign wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't a troll he is just showing how some of these think anyway. Yes it's some awful mothers but
Some Children are just ungrateful . I never had a problem giving my mother money WHY? she gave me everything and more. Many children especially boys aren't appreciative even my own brother.
IMO...he is the worst type of troll.
A self hating BM that somehow manages to turn every issue...every thread...every topic...into a BW bash fest via a "personal story". It always starts with a story. smh
If he isnt a self hating black troll, then dude post some questionable shyt.

Level 6

Location hidden

#103 May 4, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
The PRIMARY house that his parents live in cost just as much. He gives them money consistantly and was going to pay $250,000 on a SECONDARY home.
His wife and in laws are also leeches...and hes a self hating dumb azz but I dont think he treating the in laws any better in THIS INSTANCE.
I didn't know that , so clearly they want to have two homes ? If that's the case i am pretty sure she is just greedy.$250,000 is decent but compare to the 4 million dollar home Vanessa mother got. The 4 million ring vanessa has what's 250,000? If he consistently give them money they need to fall back and stop the BS. No need to sell the things he worked hard for they can get a nice home for 250,000. I am pretty sure he is consistently giving money to Vanessa family . Trust me that 150 Mill Vanessa was going to get Was going to support her family.

Kobe father has money as well , he played professional basketball he was a WNBA coach.
Of course his wife and in laws are leeches , it's like he had to buy their approval. Just like Michael Jordan bought his wife in laws a house. It's like the only time these non black in laws approve of their daughters marrying a black man ... if they can get something out of him and can leech of him. I didn't want to bring that up but that's what i am seeing.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#104 May 4, 2013
Pancakess wrote:
<quoted text>
She's just an annoying entitled woman. Fact is, he said he'd give her 250,000$ for free. He doesn't owe her a damn thing.
Nothing but his creation and respect as his one and only mother.
Pancakess wrote:
<quoted text>
She should be grateful for any amount of free money, even a dollar, and certainly not turning it down and demanding more. What a bitch.
And his Irish/latin wife has every right to demand a 4 million dollar ring in order to stay with him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 5 min African AE 7,626
Yeeaahh Booyyy! Amber Vinson BEAT Ebola In 9 Da... 7 min WaitAcottonPickin... 20
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Barack Choomer Ob... 1,126,870
Black tour guide makes racist rants 9 min Raoul 8
Ferguson Grand Jury and History 10 min Joe Deeah 11
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 11 min Carly HI YAH 95,842
12 year old black boy 1 hit k.o white cop 23 min African unity 18
Why do WM have all the women, power, prestige, ... 28 min Edgar12 63
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 31 min wtf 282
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 34 min 7New Earth7 25,644
How can I get Blacks to stop talking to me 1 hr Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 127

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE