Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

I couldn't believe when I read multi-millionare Kobe is battling his mom in court over some of his old high school mementoes that he had left for years in her home. It is estimated the auction would fetch $1.5 million. Mrs. Byrant was planning on using the money to buy herself a home. Am I missing something here? Why would Kobe who is worth 10s of millions prevent his own mother from making what is chump change to him off some old stuff that left there years ago? Second question is why would she have to auction off items when it wouldn't have hurt Kobe financially in the least just to buy his mom a house? Which cost way less the 4 million he spent on just a ring for his nonblack wife. Ok kobe and his mother may not get along that well but is still his mother and without her nothing would have been possible in the first place not even his life but some ungrateful, uncaring black men seem to forget that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kobe-bryant-batt...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php...
Harry Hampton

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

You people worry about the dumbest things.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Well I don't believe that kids no matter how rich need to support their parents and they should already be set. On the other hand I know Kobe came from a good family and they didn't fall apart until he married Vanessa. But let's not forget that Vanessa is his wife and it's his job to support her.
Beautiful Soul

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

If I were his mother I would let him have whatever it is he is looking for. I wouldn't want the mementoes and would have probably already given them back (or trashed them long ago).

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

sassyntrashy wrote:
Well I don't believe that kids no matter how rich need to support their parents and they should already be set. On the other hand I know Kobe came from a good family and they didn't fall apart until he married Vanessa. But let's not forget that Vanessa is his wife and it's his job to support her.
I did see mother Bryant asking Kobe to support or even asking him to buy the house for her. She was just going to use some old stuff that he left at her home for years and never came back to get to finance her home. I don't see how she was taxing kobe so much by just doing that. Vanessa is Kobe's wife and it's his duty to support her financially but don't think that giving her a $4,000,000.00 ring to flash in front of the media is seen as a form of support.
a wicked smile

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Capree wrote:
I couldn't believe when I read multi-millionare Kobe is battling his mom in court over some of his old high school mementoes that he had left for years in her home. It is estimated the auction would fetch $1.5 million. Mrs. Byrant was planning on using the money to buy herself a home. Am I missing something here? Why would Kobe who is worth 10s of millions prevent his own mother from making what is chump change to him off some old stuff that left there years ago? Second question is why would she have to auction off items when it wouldn't have hurt Kobe financially in the least just to buy his mom a house? Which cost way less the 4 million he spent on just a ring for his nonblack wife. Ok kobe and his mother may not get along that well but is still his mother and without her nothing would have been possible in the first place not even his life but some ungrateful, uncaring black men seem to forget that.
What a lowlife. My birthmother let me get molested by my own father for years rather than admit the man she loves is scum, but I still bought her a beautiful house in the burbs. BM are the lowest of the low. smh
waltin man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Idk what you trying to prove but Im black and i love my mom and my sister more than anything. Maybe your trying to make all bm look bad but its not gonna work cause you are only making yourself look dumb.

Oh and you is really a wm btw so why are you even on here complaining about black people lives? You a wm so it shouldn't be non of your business because you not black, you from a whole different race that's not related to blacks in anyway.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

a wicked smile wrote:
<quoted text>What a lowlife. My birthmother let me get molested by my own father for years rather than admit the man she loves is scum, but I still bought her a beautiful house in the burbs. BM are the lowest of the low. smh
But most black athletes white wives or not support their mothers no matter what.And you should have disowned your mother because she obviously didn't care about you.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Beautiful Soul wrote:
If I were his mother I would let him have whatever it is he is looking for. I wouldn't want the mementoes and would have probably already given them back (or trashed them long ago).
Good point! It's obvious that the measely $1.5 value of the stuff is chump changes to him compared to Kobe's many millions and those things didn't mean too much to for Kobe to just leave them there for years on end. He just want to hard time his mom by taking her to court about this. If would be different if he was just a kid but Kobe is a grownazz man so I wouldn't care if I was his mother if he wanted to play hard ball with me then I would do the same with him. I agree, I would have first told him to come and get it in a specific, if he didn't get in that time, I would tell him that I am selling it or I will be charging rent for each day that it's cluttering up my home.
nuddude

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

youtube.com/watch... If your Telling it,,he is

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

a wicked smile wrote:
<quoted text>What a lowlife. My birthmother let me get molested by my own father for years rather than admit the man she loves is scum, but I still bought her a beautiful house in the burbs. BM are the lowest of the low. smh
I am so sorry to hear that your mother is like that because she is toxic in your life and I would keep her at a great distance or not have her in my life all but if it was reported back to me that she needed help, I wouldn't hesitate sending her some financial help by mail(minus my address on the envelope) to help her..
Blah

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

I don't know why Kobe doesn't like his mother but when you dislike someone, you try your best to not help them in any way, and sometimes hurt them. If someone was an asshole to me or used to hurt me or something, I would definitely not see them get millions of dollars, off something I own, if I could help it. Kobe Bryant is a normal human being.
White Man

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure Kobe's Mom doesn't give two flips what you people think!

“For the love of money!”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

A source close the legendary player, however, told "omg! Insider" co-anchor Kevin Frazier that the real reason behind the auction is a family dispute over a second home that his mother wants to purchase.

"Bryant has given his parent millions of dollars in financial assistance throughout his 17-year career. They decided to sell his high school memorabillia without his consent to purchase an additional home." According to the source, when Bryant balked at buying a larger home then initially agreed upon, his mother struck the deal to sell his memorabilia.

ESPN is reporting that the 34-year-old offered his mother $250,000 towards the purchase of a home in Nevada but she refused, instead asking for $450,000.
Bryant thought the matter was on hold until he discovered that his personal items were hours away from being auctioned off. At that point his attorneys sent a cease and desist letter to the auction company, requesting that the sale be called off and the items returned to Bryant.
Goldin's lawyers claim that the goods belonged to Pamela Bryant, that Kobe had no interest in them, and that all of the memorabilia was moved to a storage facility in New Jersey.

Another possible reason Pamela might be taking this battle to court with her son is because the owner of the auction house, Kenneth Goldin, has already giver her a cash advance of $450,000 as well as put money into advertising for the auction.
white in ohio

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Kobe like many of the black men on topix does not like his mom ecause she is black and she mad him black.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Capree wrote:
I have said many many times, that the power of "The Mother" is strong enough to overcome any negativity about black women in the media or general downgrading of non-white women in society.
I believe black men date and marry outside of their race in high numbers because of self hate. The black mother should have been able to combat outside influences and enthuse her son with a love and respect for black women.
Kobe's mother did not raise a proud black man, she raised a boy who thinks black women are inferior to non-black women.
He resents her and does not want her making money off of his back... she is the one who raised him, she should have raised a son who loved and card for her.
Every son loves his mom, until she fcks up repeatedly.
We can assume Mrs Bryant is a crap person and a failure as a mom.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Cogito2 wrote:
A source close the legendary player, however, told "omg! Insider" co-anchor Kevin Frazier that the real reason behind the auction is a family dispute over a second home that his mother wants to purchase.
"Bryant has given his parent millions of dollars in financial assistance throughout his 17-year career. They decided to sell his high school memorabillia without his consent to purchase an additional home." According to the source, when Bryant balked at buying a larger home then initially agreed upon, his mother struck the deal to sell his memorabilia.
ESPN is reporting that the 34-year-old offered his mother $250,000 towards the purchase of a home in Nevada but she refused, instead asking for $450,000.
Bryant thought the matter was on hold until he discovered that his personal items were hours away from being auctioned off. At that point his attorneys sent a cease and desist letter to the auction company, requesting that the sale be called off and the items returned to Bryant.
Goldin's lawyers claim that the goods belonged to Pamela Bryant, that Kobe had no interest in them, and that all of the memorabilia was moved to a storage facility in New Jersey.
Another possible reason Pamela might be taking this battle to court with her son is because the owner of the auction house, Kenneth Goldin, has already giver her a cash advance of $450,000 as well as put money into advertising for the auction.
$250,000 can't buy you a wooden out house in any decent area.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Blah wrote:
I don't know why Kobe doesn't like his mother but when you dislike someone, you try your best to not help them in any way, and sometimes hurt them. If someone was an asshole to me or used to hurt me or something, I would definitely not see them get millions of dollars, off something I own, if I could help it. Kobe Bryant is a normal human being.
I don't call taking your mother to court over trifling B.S. normal. He isn't just hurting his mother which he obviously want to do but is hurting his own image in the bargin.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Two White Crows wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has known for years what a punk-azzz low-life mofo kobe is ...look at how many time he got caught cheating on his wife with other women...the mofo is like tiger woods who did the same thing.
just look at the mofo for what he truly is ....of course many if not all the brothas will look the other way cause he knows how to play basketball.
people need to quit looking up to such low class mofos in sports these days.
if kobe wasnt playin basketball the mofo would have already been in jail right now for selling drugs or some other shyt.
True! You can take the pig out the pin but can't take the fifthy pin out of the pig.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

white in ohio wrote:
Kobe like many of the black men on topix does not like his mom ecause she is black and she mad him black.
That's why I think black women should rethink even bothering to have many of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 71
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••