why do italians in the usa think they...

why do italians in the usa think they are not white?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BM

London, UK

#1 Dec 28, 2010
Pale Italians in Italy see themselves as white and would be offended if you called them anything else? The skin head Italians see themselves as White too. So, why dont the ones from the USA? Is it because Americans are racially and geographically retarded?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 28, 2010
One of my Aunts here in the U.S. is married to a third generation Italian American and he is just the same as the rest of my White family. We never sit down and talk about "whiteness" but he is just the same as we are- no one thinks otherwise including him.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 28, 2010
BM wrote:
Pale Italians in Italy see themselves as white and would be offended if you called them anything else? The skin head Italians see themselves as White too. So, why dont the ones from the USA? Is it because Americans are racially and geographically retarded?
What makes you think it's that way in the U.S.? I never did. I think back a hundred years ago they were thought of as somewhat different- but mostly because they are nearly all Catholic- or were at that time- and most other White Americans were Protestant and it was a big deal at that time. Irish Catholics and Italians intermarried a lot because they had religion in common.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 28, 2010
dr fill wrote:
Italians are living proof that jungle bunnys screwed mexicans!!
Even the darker ones don't look Black or Mexican to me.
Anonymous

Surbiton, UK

#7 Dec 28, 2010
BM wrote:
Pale Italians in Italy see themselves as white and would be offended if you called them anything else?
no they dont. they see them selves as europeans. this whole white black thing only includes mainly brits and americans because their multicultural society's require it . russians dont refer to themselves as whites neither do spaniards or italians. in the same way that somalis dont call themselves black. they call themselves somali. and why do british people always come on here ( african american forum) and try to disrespect african americans or americans in general? thats why i cant stand british people.( and yes im british unfortunately )
BM

London, UK

#9 Dec 28, 2010
hurdlesANDhoops wrote:
<quoted text>no they dont. they see them selves as europeans. this whole white black thing only includes mainly brits and americans because their multicultural society's require it . russians dont refer to themselves as whites neither do spaniards or italians. in the same way that somalis dont call themselves black. they call themselves somali. and why do british people always come on here ( african american forum) and try to disrespect african americans or americans in general? thats why i cant stand british people.( and yes im british unfortunately )
Yes they do. You can see it all over the Internet and even on topix. What makes it weird IS Italy is a multi cultural society and Italian Is simply a nationality.
That aside, why don't you put your effort (not money) where your mouth is and renounce your British citizenship.

:) go on, do the country a favour and renounce your citizenship.
BM

London, UK

#10 Dec 28, 2010
BM wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do. You can see it all over the Internet and even on topix.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

See
BM

London, UK

#11 Dec 28, 2010
janine wrote:
<quoted text>Russians dont consider themselves white??? I never heard of this.
Well they do today, especially when dealing with black Africans.

It's kind of a some do, some dont situation.

In the past, Russians recognised caucasian people with dark hair and eyes (like your average Roma person) as black
Anonymous

Surbiton, UK

#12 Dec 28, 2010
janine wrote:
<quoted text>
Russians dont consider themselves white??? I never heard of this.
so youve never heard of " slavic power". russians are mixed with mongoloids anyway so why would they consider themselves white. just like " white" people from finland are mixed with mongoloid ( chinese looking" eskimos in the north. so it would make no sense to call themselves white when they are mixed.
Anonymous

Surbiton, UK

#13 Dec 28, 2010
BM wrote:
<quoted text>

That aside, why don't you put your effort (not money) where your mouth is and renounce your British citizenship.
:) go on, do the country a favour and renounce your citizenship.
ill gladly do it if youll pay for a flight to florida. and put a downpayment on a condo for me....????

i thought not.
white men pearls

London, UK

#14 Dec 28, 2010
janine wrote:
<quoted text>
Russians dont consider themselves white??? I never heard of this.
no! Russians considered themselves "super White"
Anonymous

Surbiton, UK

#15 Dec 28, 2010
BM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. You can see it all over the Internet and even on topix. What makes it weird IS Italy is a multi cultural society and Italian Is simply a nationality.
it is a nationality but if you want to be specific, then you cant be general at the same time. it makes no sense. italians and spaniards are of the same admixture as north africans and arabs. yet we call arabs arabs and italians italinans because of nationality. so regardless of what they look like, or what they claim to be over the internet their nationality is what it is. but im just sayin , nationality does not indicate a persons race. so just because their italian does not mean that their white.
Ronnieboy

United States

#16 Dec 28, 2010
They're hot that's all
Anonymous

Surbiton, UK

#17 Dec 28, 2010
BM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they do today, especially when dealing with black Africans.
It's kind of a some do, some dont situation.
In the past, Russians recognised caucasian people with dark hair and eyes (like your average Roma person) as black
i agree they do "today". because of the white supremist movemnet that thier moronic late russian asses just clocked into. but their are mixed with mongoloids so their being dylusional. but on a side note this thing of being "white" or "looking white" has always been something that alot of ethnicities aspire to adhere to and achieve. so easy to understand why nations like italy or russia or spain would want to consider themselves nationaly as such. but lets be honest, the phonemic criteria for being "white" is particular and is most typical amongst brits, french, germans, australia, and some of eastern europe. id everyone else is " questionably" white.
SAM I AM

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2011
Yes we Italians were once a superior white Roman society. Now we are white americans or euros. And we do consider ourselves white euro because we are. Only ignorant wiggers wouldsay we are Spanish.
smartone

Palatine, IL

#19 Apr 21, 2011
SAM I AM wrote:
Yes we Italians were once a superior white Roman society. Now we are white americans or euros. And we do consider ourselves white euro because we are. Only ignorant wiggers wouldsay we are Spanish.
Question? I worked with an Italian from southern Italy he said that only Italians in america consider themselves white!! an I think thats straight from the horses mouth!! he never said you guys were spanish at all he just said Italians were not white!!
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#20 Apr 21, 2011
smartone wrote:
<quoted text>Question? I worked with an Italian from southern Italy he said that only Italians in america consider themselves white!! an I think thats straight from the horses mouth!! he never said you guys were spanish at all he just said Italians were not white!!
Nonesense. I know many Italians here and in Italy and they view themselves as white. And they can be some of the racist against none whites, so claiming Italians in Italy don't view themselves as white when they view none whites in such racist ways is sort of like an oxymoron comment to make.
SAM I AM

United States

#21 Apr 21, 2011
You tell him Jeff. That southern Italian must of licked a sheet of acid an hour before he made that comment. Unless in Europe people just think ethnically instead of black or white like in the us. Some Italians are very racist as well.
smartone

Chicago, IL

#22 Apr 23, 2011
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonesense. I know many Italians here and in Italy and they view themselves as white. And they can be some of the racist against none whites, so claiming Italians in Italy don't view themselves as white when they view none whites in such racist ways is sort of like an oxymoron comment to make.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =W-iRLmaZf4AXX
hey I was just asking a question this is what dude told me! an he is from Italy maybe some people in Italy consider themselves white and some dont who knows im not Italian!!an its not nonsense just because you dont agree! I repeat he is from Italy!So I think he knows about his own people since he was born there so its stupid to argue with me dont shoot the messenger!!!
Londoner

UK

#23 Apr 23, 2011
It's weird how Italians are considered to be very racsist and yet a lot of them marry Somalis- I see them everyday...bizarre

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 2 min inbred Genius 306
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,684,872
why are you white women so hateful to black w... (Oct '07) 5 min Lol 89
News As women march a year after Trump's election, h... 5 min SO SO 19
News Booker slams DHS secretary's 'amnesia' on Trump... 5 min Booker sh--hole vote 121
Why does nothing ever work for Negroes? 6 min Captain MAGA 44
Abraham Lincoln Was A White Nationalist And LBJ... 17 min Captain MAGA 4
Racist White People on MLK Day. 48 min Jeremy 147
Dems Finally showing some BackBone 1 hr Joey 17
president donald trump dead at age 71 2 hr Neanderthal 29
Bets on how long shutdown will last... 2 hr TRUMP 45 46
More from around the web