Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3429 May 3, 2014
Well said, Trouble. How are you today?
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#3430 May 3, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
Who cares? You have no connection to the culture, language, or anything. Most Chahta (Choctaw) people would not accept you, for that reason, and would see that you're just one of those people who claim it when it's convenient, but do nothing to help the tribe.
Whoa! What are you talking about?! I've donated money to the native cause! I donated money to a native organization helping out native children to get adopted into functional homes when alcoholism or other abuse left their homes on the res not conducive to a growing child. It was native americans pushing the organization at a powwow on my college campus, so I kind of trusted the organization since they were the ones pushing it.(I got a T-shirt from it that says "Natives helping Natives"...which was a huge surprise to me because I don't even consider myself native american, even though I have native blood.

Also, although not formally enrolled, I can actually name my native ancestors. One of my ancestor's name was Opehaw of the Choctaw Nation living in what is now known as West Florida/Louisiana. I'm not bullshtting you unlike many hoodrats who come on here and say "oh i got indian in my family" yet can't name the tribe much less the ancestor.

Level 2

Location hidden

#3431 May 3, 2014
I shouldn't have said that you do nothing to help your tribe, since I do not and cannot know that. I also do not doubt that you have Choctaw ancestry. But, do you participate in the Chahta culture in anyway?
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#3432 May 3, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this again....uru, we're cousins...I am partly Amerindian of the Choctaw Nation. Nice to meet you brother bear.
Girl STFU no amount of Native blood is gonna make you look better with your homely fat Tore Up self. smdh at you silly wannabee be attractive Sistaz.
Almoravid

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#3433 May 3, 2014
Trouble wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one who needs help here. Let me help YOU out: it doesn't matter what the technical definition of hispanic is, those "spanish speaking people from Latin American countries" have a majority physical traits that's well recognized by the country, public and police, hence why they used Hispanic for a "description." If he was a "black hispanic"(which are minorities in Latin America)then they simply would have given his description as "black male"- plain and simple. You were the one who agreed that Dominicans are seen as black by one drop rule, and said Dominicans "were recognized as blacks, suspect or non suspect", and i provided proof that that's BS, case closed.
Exactly, this I am asking you describe the man of the photo:

http://assets.dnainfo.com/generated/photo/201...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/men-vic...

If he looks like the average Argentine, just say so.

And I stated that over here in Holland, people don't know the difference between a Dominican and someone from The Dutch Antilles. Since Dominicans usually get here via the Dutch AnThey consider them the same, hence Black. There is not such thing as a one drop rule over here. But for some reason a biracial child for example is considered black. the city in which I live had a lot of Cape Verdeans, they too are considered black (as they do themselves also btw).

Years ago on the Discovery Channel there was this documentary about drug lords and kingpins, at a given moment they were looking for a Puerto Rican "Hispanic man". They could not find him, and he got a way. Later on they discovered that the man who they were looking for looked like an African American.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/image/article/3...

http://www.mundovision.com.do/wp-content/uplo... ņo-Leņa-01.jpg

http://images2.listindiario.com/image/article...
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#3434 May 3, 2014
El Tigre wrote:
<quoted text>
What they look like to you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Listen Bruh. I've had it with you kissing our a**. No amount of a**kissing is gonna make you a King like us African Americans. We built this country while you were picking Bananas for those European Crackaz called Spaniards. Now take your Sammy Sosa looking a** to the Latino forums or go watch some boring a** baseball. However do leave your women here. We do indeed like them.
Almoravid

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#3435 May 3, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
Well said, Trouble. How are you today?
Stop kinding yourself,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#3436 May 3, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
I shouldn't have said that you do nothing to help your tribe, since I do not and cannot know that. I also do not doubt that you have Choctaw ancestry. But, do you participate in the Chahta culture in anyway?
They aren't out in california that I know of, but then again I haven't tried to seek them out either. I've always been interested in my native ancestry, but there's a lot of backlash from people who either don't believe you, or (like that idiot marcus) think that you're trying to band around native americans to make yourself "less black". Therefore with those factors in place, it's discouraged me from seeking any natives out. However, the older i get, the more I think it has to do with how I approach the community. I may do that though since I am interested in underserved communities and healthcare. As a black woman/non-indian woman, I have to go into the reservation with this as a disguise instead of "i wanna know more about my injun great-grandpappy", even thought i am interested in the culture. Who knows, I may work on a reservation in the future providing healthcare.
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#3437 May 3, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't out in california that I know of, but then again I haven't tried to seek them out either. I've always been interested in my native ancestry, but there's a lot of backlash from people who either don't believe you, or (like that idiot marcus) think that you're trying to band around native americans to make yourself "less black". Therefore with those factors in place, it's discouraged me from seeking any natives out. However, the older i get, the more I think it has to do with how I approach the community. I may do that though since I am interested in underserved communities and healthcare. As a black woman/non-indian woman, I have to go into the reservation with this as a disguise instead of "i wanna know more about my injun great-grandpappy", even thought i am interested in the culture. Who knows, I may work on a reservation in the future providing healthcare.
Keep on f*king with those Natives and they're gonna scalp your dumba**. You're almost bald as it is. SMDH at ya'll.

Level 2

Location hidden

#3438 May 3, 2014
If I were you, I'd ignore the ignorant hateful people and get in touch with Choctaw culture. NA culture is very rich and interesting and we have to pass it on. That's why I'm teaching my niece the Creek language, and will teach it to my child, if I ever have one.
Almoravid

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#3439 May 3, 2014
big mike M wrote:
<quoted text>
You should check out this thread I made years ago.
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TMGEHE7TR25G4...
Since you've been interested in African phenotype diversity. Maybe you can bump it.
Awesome thread,

This here just says it all in a nutshell, what I've explained all along.
dkanela wrote:
Beautiful African people, I don't know why we don't want to be associated with Africa
Soul_Electronica wrote:
<quoted text>
We go by stereotypes, growing up I used to be offended when people said that I looked African.
I grew up hearing the whole "African booty scratcher, etc" because I look different I guess. Then when I moved to an even larger city people would say that I looked African but on the other hand the guys were checking for the biracial or vixen chicks. As a child, my grandmother would by me books like "Refiki" and "My Painted House, My Friendly Chicken, and Me", I guess she wanted to me to appreciate what I would have to endure later in life.
It is so crucial that we teach our children very, very EARLY in life about Africa and where they came from...also about our REAL history.
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TMGEHE7TR25G4...
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#3440 May 3, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
If I were you, I'd ignore the ignorant hateful people and get in touch with Choctaw culture. NA culture is very rich and interesting and we have to pass it on. That's why I'm teaching my niece the Creek language, and will teach it to my child, if I ever have one.
I hear ya! I'm half White and sometimes I get the urge to speak with Fork Tongue. Thanks to my White a**hole Father. He is also the reason I don't measure up to most brothaz if you get my drift.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#3441 May 3, 2014
Marcus Washington wrote:
<quoted text>I hear ya! I'm half White and sometimes I get the urge to speak with Fork Tongue. Thanks to my White a**hole Father. He is also the reason I don't measure up to most brothaz if you get my drift.
lol clearly you have issues....
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#3442 May 3, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do but I'm just looking out for you. Don't want those Tomahawk wielding mofos to kidnap you and making you a squaw despite your homely appearance.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#3443 May 3, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
y tu tambien tienes problemas serios.
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#3444 May 3, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would fight their bravest brave to save your honor but you've made fun of my little Passion Fruit one too many times.
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#3445 May 3, 2014
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? English please. Don't let my White side get all ape shyt intimidated by a foreign language. I'm tired of slapping my White side. So Speako Engleso please.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#3446 May 3, 2014
Marcus Washington wrote:
<quoted text>I do but I'm just looking out for you. Don't want those Tomahawk wielding mofos to kidnap you and making you a squaw despite your homely appearance.
native men are handsome so i wouldnt mind
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#3447 May 3, 2014
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE wrote:
<quoted text>
no, its that i know a social construct versus a biological one when I see one. Race is a social construct, racially they are black in america because of our social system here. Biologically no one is black, not even Africans.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#3448 May 3, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, its that i know a social construct versus a biological one when I see one. Race is a social construct, racially they are black in america because of our social system here. Biologically no one is black, not even Africans.
no i not talkin bout that. i saying you crazy you need help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,217,603
50% of white men have STD's ,50% or more have H... 3 min roy 3
Afronazis support white supremacist "Aryan Inva... 5 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 829
You say there is no God. You don't know God. 10 min anti-c 24
Why do so many WM "Risk & Lose" everything for ... 12 min yoko 2
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 12 min Undisputed Facts 115,656
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 17 min Big Knob 189
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 21 min KiloEcho 32,553
Latino Men are Sexier than black men. (Jan '13) 37 min Big Knob 781
News In Detroit Hospital, Black Babies Are Latching On 1 hr fedupwiththemess 32