Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are BLACK

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2756 Apr 22, 2014
To answer the question @Genevieve

Most PR and DR people are what we call mixed race. Then the others are blacks, mestizos, and lastly whites. You wont see a high percentage of "black" on their census because most dont want to be called black. Even certain mixed PR/DR with predominantly "black" phenotypes.

You take a biracial from the U.S. and put them next to a mulatto from pr/dr and you SEE the difference.

Zoe Saldana vs Paula Patton. Two biracials, one from DR the other from the US. ZOE looks black and PAULA looks mixed race. Yet we call them biracial/mulatto.
El Tigre

Jonesboro, GA

#2757 Apr 22, 2014
El Tigre

Jonesboro, GA

#2758 Apr 22, 2014
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2759 Apr 22, 2014
Analyze_ wrote:
To answer the question @Genevieve
Most PR and DR people are what we call mixed race. Then the others are blacks, mestizos, and lastly whites. You wont see a high percentage of "black" on their census because most dont want to be called black. Even certain mixed PR/DR with predominantly "black" phenotypes.
You take a biracial from the U.S. and put them next to a mulatto from pr/dr and you SEE the difference.
Zoe Saldana vs Paula Patton. Two biracials, one from DR the other from the US. ZOE looks black and PAULA looks mixed race. Yet we call them biracial/mulatto.
What I'm hearing is "we call them white/mixed because they want to be mixed, not because they actually are"....okay...i gotcha and i agree.
Sunshine

Elizabeth, NJ

#2760 Apr 22, 2014
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
lmbao
About being Indian, most AA people who say that actually believe it, because some ignorant ancestor said it to them. Others just hear it so often, that over the years they just start believing it is true without evidence. Then I think there is a smaller number who know in their heart it isn't true, but want desperately to believe it. Then, finally an even smaller number of people who just go out and flat out lie about it. Regardless, all the groups have the same thing in common. An unhealthy and relatively strong desire to be ANYTHING but fully African. Fact is few of us have any substantial Indian blood.

Native Americans were not "red" like the his story books say. Why is it okay, for whites and people who speak Spanish to say they are Indian? but once blk ppl say it, it's,
" she don't want to claim her ethnicity" African. White People from Spain don't claim Latino, Mexican, Spanish speaking people, but mostly all Hispanics claim Spain.??? You do know Africans traveled around the world before Christopher Columbus did and The Olmecs arrived in Mexico and other parts of North America long before the red Indian myth.
There are no such thing as white faced Native Americans anywhere
El Tigre

Jonesboro, GA

#2761 Apr 22, 2014
Yaritza Reyes(miss universe)

Sunshine

Elizabeth, NJ

#2762 Apr 22, 2014
Almoravid wrote:
<quoted text>
In Latin American countries you'll find many fractions, breakdowns and labelings on many levels, to segregate dehumanize the "black population", to keep them dumb def and blind. With of course the branco / blancos on top. The blancos / branco is seen as "pure" and a "collective body". A simple assessment is in, by looking at the socioeconomic construction for example. Who is always the "ruling class" throughout Latin American countries, what do they look like? Yes this reality is what people here rather ignore. LOL
Ain't nothing changed but the weather.
Esta Manana.
Agreed. The same thing goes on in the middle East, India and Asia.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2763 Apr 22, 2014
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we're not spanish. When I was in the states theres be some girls (mainly african americans) asked me if i was spanish.. i said no im dominican or latino. Theres some of us that are ashamed of their african heritage like sammy sosa but that doesnt mean that we all deny our african heritage. What we don't like is that theres people like genevieve11 who never set foot on our country or P.R and visit different regions of D.R or P.R come here and want to classify that all Dominicans and Puerto Ricans becuase they too have african heritage just like the AAs. Theres people like her that want us to forget our other two heritage (spanish and taino) and just want us to embrace our black side. I embrace all 3 sides.. I love my black side i dont deny my black side. I love my culture and my identity.
There's nothing wrong with embracing your different cultures... Just that some people would rather say mixed other than black. Because you seem more ambiguous and different.. Compared with just saying that you're another 'regular black person'.... With the overhype of light skinned people,anyone darker will say and do anything.. At least that's the impression.. I am black,but have admixtures.. I am not ashamed of myself.. My profile picture shows me as a three year old! I look the same(more or less)except that I am adult now!! I don't have the time for that deep self hate fuckery!! Or for racist assholes to tell me how to define myself or even who to racially mix with-UK people can be very nasty and evil to the point that they have me singled out for mentioning my DISGUST with them! I dont have a whole heap of european ancestry and I wont be adding ti it due to hoping my kids wont look black!! It'll be because I just like the man.. The ridiculous things I've heard..Bun people like that!! They are beyond ignorant and I think they are worse than the Americans in their attitudes to non European racial mixing.. How isnAll they've done is PROVED MY POINT and will continue to shame themselves with their racism AND do it to others who think that they are exempt from experiencing the same... It'll serve them right when they have all kinds of insults shoved in their direction.. I don't give in to insulting and bullying people-The question is HOW WILL THEY COPE WITH CRAP DIRECTED TOWARDS THEM! Not very well most likely... Ha!

I hope that DR is as lovely as you say.. The people do seem to dislike anything black.. But the country I would have to visit..
UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#2764 Apr 22, 2014
BrownEboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go ahead and keep it real man. You're referring to Genevieve. First she's Creole, then she's Black and now she's a Spaniard who's been practicing Flamenco with Antonio Banderas. She's confused. I love Thandie Newton. That's a beautiful sista. I do have one question about American Blacks though. Why do many of you always say that you're mixed with Indian? Is that true or people just claim that?
Well, as far as I gathered so far, that/this Genevieve is a typical trollin' Yank almost white lookin' coon-coon piece o' dumb IViggers' nutcase. ;-D 'She' surely ain't no Yank Creole, so much less a Spaniard. In general, Yank IViggers are mostly mixed w/ Yank Whites, & in some rare cases w/ N.American Amerindians & Natives. Basically, some 80% of Yank IViggers look mostly sub-Saharan Africans, w/ little to no visible admixtures. ;-)
Sunshine

Elizabeth, NJ

#2765 Apr 22, 2014
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
This lady is also afro-latin:
http://rootsblog.typepad.com/rootsblog/images...
But she ain't model material.
she has blonde hair but how do you know she is from Latin America?

“Do good 4 the good of humanity”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#2766 Apr 22, 2014
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
lmbao
About being Indian, most AA people who say that actually believe it, because some ignorant ancestor said it to them. Others just hear it so often, that over the years they just start believing it is true without evidence. Then I think there is a smaller number who know in their heart it isn't true, but want desperately to believe it. Then, finally an even smaller number of people who just go out and flat out lie about it. Regardless, all the groups have the same thing in common. An unhealthy and relatively strong desire to be ANYTHING but fully African. Fact is few of us have any substantial Indian blood.
Gotcha. I think it's sad how someone or anyone could deny their actual history or own blood. There is nothing to be ashamed of being of African descent. None of us can choose our race or bloodline after birth but we can choose what we make of ourselves in that skin and hopefully the individual chooses to be the best African or person of African descent they can be. I wish more American Blacks would embrace their heritage. This might be off subject, but does it annoy you when you hear a mixed person who's part Black and White always throw in "I'm mixed and..." or "I'm part Black but my German features..."? I hate that sh)t. I have seen some American Blacks who definitely look like a parent or grandparent could be full Native though, but for someone who looks like Wesley Snipes claiming they're mixed with anything other than what they really are is just insane. Sometimes I get confused so that's why I had to ask someone on here because I keep hearing that a lot around here.

Location hidden

#2767 Apr 22, 2014
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE wrote:
<quoted text>
"my great grandmother was cherokee indian"
LOL
Funny because that's the exact phrase I keep hearing around here. Almost like a story line or play that some people tell themselves they have to remember in order to give the best performing show.
UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#2768 Apr 22, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
i dunno if I'm red or not but i damn sure am beautiful.
Well, yo' dumb Yank ghetto IViggress' flat azz is almost white, therefore you beez, all summed up, almost flat azz white. ;-) Get over your dumb Yank fugly tranny lookin' self, ya bi-sex ho. ;-D

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2769 Apr 22, 2014
Where the hell are the people who speak out on these subjects in London?? Or is everybody underground? They need to bring back Doctah X on proper radio!! He had so many points.. Black people et all(For really uninitiated,it is Latin for 'And others'),need to accept that they are who they are.. Instead of trying to silence truth!! The truth always slaps you in the face..It is what it is!

Location hidden

#2770 Apr 22, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm confused, because as far as I can tell, the only person who told the PR woman, Mary, that she's black is Genevieve. I said from my first post in this thread that I disagree with the one drop rule and its awful history. So how is this thread "full" of people who don't agree with her rejection of the black label for herself? Not that I'm agreeing with you that the OP is a nut, I'm just saying that many of us don't agree with her.
Calm down lili4. I didn't direct that to post to you. I've read some of the first posts on here included Genevieve's where they were claiming PR people and Doms are Black that all of them have African ancestry. All I am saying is, to those people who believe that, that only some Doms and PR's have African ancestry while many many of them do not at all not even 5% of the blood. Chill out and relax.
UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#2771 Apr 22, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not important, which one is hispanic and which one is black and WHY?
Why are people avoiding this question? It's the most important one up here. Everyone's talkin about who's red and who's black. You all can't even answer a simple question about race.
Nah, what's important here is the fact that you, a dumb Yank trollin' lesbo almost white lookin' IViggress ho, who can't tell the diff. between Euros, Asians, Americans, Oceanians and Africans, want to teach others things ya dunno a shyat about yourself. ;-)

- or should I remind ya how y' defined these Euro dudes on the video as 'mestizo' and 'black'?! ;-D
h.ttp://youtu.be/hw0BrLYHBX
Marcus Washington

Laredo, TX

#2772 Apr 22, 2014
My Great Great Grandmother was a member of the Slap-A-Ho tribe.
UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#2773 Apr 22, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, for your information my name is Esperanza in real life. No where near Miguel lol
Actually, yo' real name in Spanish would be Putanza, which in yo' case stems from English original 'LaFarteesha Hope'. ;-)

Location hidden

#2774 Apr 22, 2014
Almoravid wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what you mean.
Technically pure people or "races" don't exist. People are biological entities and all mixed to some degree. These race fractions are based on social construction. This construction is based on a arbitrary.
The arbitrary leads to branching.
I gotcha and see what you're saying. I agree to an extent. I think that mainly people in the U.S. are mixed to some degree, but people in my homelands for the most part are not. Now how I look, somewhere down the line there may be a mixture but my parents are Black and so on. There are purest of the pure in both of my parents countries, indigenous people with no mixed blood so there's indeed pure blooded people out there. It's just a perception in the U.S. I guess being that this is one of the most multicultural countries in the world and everyone seem to sleep with and date everyone. That doesn't go on much in my country. We hardly date outside of our tribal groups.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2775 Apr 22, 2014
UruEuWauWau wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yo' dumb Yank ghetto IViggress' flat azz is almost white, therefore you beez, all summed up, almost flat azz white. ;-) Get over your dumb Yank fugly tranny lookin' self, ya bi-sex ho. ;-D
That's funny, you weren't saying that when you ate me out that one time. Are you still mad that I decided to leave you for someone else? Btw, you're good with your tongue did anyone ever tell you that? You must have had practice. But get over it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,759,805
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 9 min Annie Oakly 1,009
White rage is on the way: White people aren't g... 15 min Lori899 24
Solution to unjustified police shootings of una... 16 min Jake 14
News Al Sharpton: Royal Wedding Shows 'Last Breath' ... 21 min Jake 131
Megan will NEVER become queen or even a princes... 23 min Ms Mack 59
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 27 min Whites have no hi... 6,830
We have another Black royal Queen folks!! 2 hr Stanley Roper 135
Can we take back topix? 3 hr Jake 356