Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are BLACK
Marcus Washington

Laredo, TX

#2670 Apr 21, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
i'm STILL waiting on the difference between a LA creole american/black american with spanish ancestry and culture (Ex: Florida/Louisiana blacks) and a puerto rican/Dominican with mixed (which accounts for like 90% of PRs) ancestry....
J-LO IS A BLACK WOMAN!
Girl STFU J-Lo is not a BW and don't give me that "She has a big a** so she is a BW B.S.! Selena was a Mestiza and had a bigger and better booty than J-Lo. So do'n't give me that shyt. Are Sistaz really that hardup for looks that ya'll are claiming non-Black people as Sistaz????? lmbao You do need all the help you can get but this way is just trifling. smdh and you ugly hoes.
Marcus Washington

Laredo, TX

#2671 Apr 21, 2014
john pluto wrote:
Seems some of yall ashamed to be black skinned. Smh..
My White pops gave me his little dyck but on the other hand its because of him that I'm a Handsome lightskin, mofo with light eyes and wavy hair. I'm truly blessed compared to some of you ashy dark skinned mofos.
Marcus Washington

Laredo, TX

#2672 Apr 21, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I agree. He said you're only a shade lighter than Wesley Snipes, which is obviously BS. Not that there would be anything wrong with that, but it's obviously ridiculous. Seems like he's trying to start sh#t, just like some jealous women who are haters for no good reason. Oh, well.
LMBAO why is Wesley Snipes always mentioned in these dark skin light skin threads. His name always pops up. I feel sorry for that dark skinned mofo.

Lili4
Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2673 Apr 21, 2014
I have no problem with being called black, although I'm also Mvskoke (Muskogee) and love a Rez party, speaking my language, our food, practicing the traditional beliefs, etc. I just don't see it as a mandatory thing that should be forced on all mixed race people, especially not those who come from nations or commonwealths where there is no history of the one drop rule. I mean, it was a pretty hateful, racist, illogical rule in the first place, invented only because black blood was seen as tainted. It's a rule with a VERY ugly history.
Drilling for the nerve

Batavia, NY

#2674 Apr 21, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, are you serious?

Wow, did you and Genevieve attend the same public school system?

Do you even know who the Bantus and Yorubas were?

Of course not.

And neither does our resident expert on All Things Hispanic and Puerto Rican whose major shrinkage is featured in the Guinness Book of World Records.

...lol...

Lili4
Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2675 Apr 21, 2014
Drilling for the nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, did you and Genevieve attend the same public school system?
Do you even know who the Bantus and Yorubas were?
Of course not.
And neither does our resident expert on All Things Hispanic and Puerto Rican whose major shrinkage is featured in the Guinness Book of World Records.
...lol...
Of course, I know who they are! I know Yoruba people, such as my friend Oluwatoyin, and even know a lot about the Ifa religion, although it's not my own. My point was that I thought it was quite clear that she was saying that most PR and DR are African, Native (as in Native American), and Spanish, even if she didn't use commas--it's just obvious, really.

Level 5

Since: Jul 13

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#2676 Apr 21, 2014
Why are some people so concerned of our mixture?
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#2677 Apr 21, 2014
Mary_ M wrote:
Because in their tiny minds, they think that mixed race people get a better break from whites than dark skinned people do!
El Tigre

Duluth, GA

#2678 Apr 21, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/ #

Black is beautifull

IronOak

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2679 Apr 21, 2014
S-America and N-America are melting pots...

People of colours there.

I do imagine PR people as Jennifer Lopez type boomba boomba boomba latinas.

IronOak

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2680 Apr 21, 2014
*all colours
El Tigre

Duluth, GA

#2681 Apr 21, 2014
El Tigre

Duluth, GA

#2682 Apr 21, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because in their tiny minds, they think that mixed race people get a better break from whites than dark skinned people do!
crackers opinions don't matter here.
El Tigre

Duluth, GA

#2683 Apr 21, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/...

Black is beautifull
El Tigre

Duluth, GA

#2684 Apr 21, 2014
El Tigre

Duluth, GA

#2685 Apr 21, 2014
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#2686 Apr 21, 2014
Mary_ M wrote:
beceause they obsess with us.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2687 Apr 21, 2014
lol this is so ridiculous....these kneegreauxs would turn this into a darkskin/lightskin thread and who's got "gud hair" thread smdamhead!

and @Rapa: I'm not obsessed with you, I'm just trying to educate folks (including you) about your heritage. You walkin around here thinkin you injun and sht lmfao. "Dark cicada".....anythang but a kneegreaux!!!! I'm a kneegreaux, you a kneegreaux....all dem btches up on dis thread is kneegreauxs!!!!
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2688 Apr 21, 2014
Mary_ M wrote:
why are YOU so concerned that you're a black woman? If you was all settled in yo head abt yo identity, you wouldn't be back here up on dis thread!
Drilling for the nerve

Batavia, NY

#2689 Apr 21, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
<quoted text>My point was that I thought it was quite clear that she was saying that most PR and DR are African, Native (as in Native American), and Spanish, even if she didn't use commas--it's just obvious, really.

Genevieve's original statement, "... do you know what a Puerto Rican is? They are african native and spanish"

It's not obvious at all, Lili4. As an example, she never even mentioned DR in her original statement.

If you really thought Genevieve's meaning was quite clear with no commas, then why did you bother to use commas in your post?

Look at it this way ...

If our little hottie OP had said, "... They are african native," (leaving off 'and spanish') would you still be reading Native (as in Native American) into her statement?

Finally, they were Arawak \ Taino. They were NOT Native American. It seems people with an agenda apply the term 'Native American' to everyone living in the Western Hemisphere prior to the year 1492.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 1,564,678
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 3 min KIP 100
WHY do BLACKS move into WHITE NeighborHoods ???? (Nov '11) 3 min Leroy Thompson 1,088
Two thousand seven hundred thirty eight 4 min Formica Jones 2
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 5 min Tee 51
White Heavy Weight Boxers today would mop up Am... 10 min Leroy Thompson 1
Africans Helping to DESTROY the Hated USA World... 12 min Paul 6
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 43 min Formica Jones 813
Dan Snow: OJ is still so handsome. 3 hr Truth 38
More from around the web