Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are BLACK
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2461 Apr 15, 2014
Tourpix Rocus wrote:
Only Black American Females talk so much sh.it, just like blaqhoney.
She will look at anyone with a straight face and lay down all the genetic makeup of her blood.
Examples below;
Black,
white,
spanish,
monkey,
dog,
etc etc etc.
This is how stupid those women are and think.
? nah. lol. I'm not going around as a black american woman saying that I'm french, spanish, indio, and sht. If asked what i am, i will say that I am black, which is obvious because I have curly hair and a year-long tan and wear it proudly. If asked what my entire makeup is, then I won't lie. I will tell them the truth and that's when I will tell them about my other heritage. On forms it depends how i feel that day. Some days I may check off multiracial or even hispanic and some days I may check off black, but i've never been white. 90% of the time i won't even answer that racial question because I don't think it's important in deciding employment. There are some biracials that will do that though and go down their list automatically when asked "what are you", but it's just because they haven't found themselves yet.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#2462 Apr 15, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> we all know people in the diaspora have different cultures so are Jamician and Haitians not black as well?
'Black' is technically an American label describing African Americans. They are of African descent tho. Caribbeans refer to themselves by their Nationalities as oppose to Black to distinguish themselves from AA's. The thing is some PPL want too distinguish themselves from other groups. Foreigners have the right to choose how they want to identify themselves and to be honest, I really don't give a damn since they are NOT benefiting The AA Community.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2463 Apr 15, 2014
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE wrote:
<quoted text>
You people want us to identify as black. You're calling us black. You are claiming us . Im not ashamed of my african heritage.Im happy that we have our african heritage blend in my culture. Yes im proud of my spanish ancestry, african ancestry and taino. I dont call myself indio.. i call my self a moreno. How do you know if im black as night. There you go thinking that all dominicans that have africans ancestries are pitch black as night like the haitians.vAgain we are not ashame of our culture unlike you people. Talking about black power , black is beautiful and the pan african movement while at the same time you guys( mostly AA females) date out of your race to have biracial babies with light skin and good hair. Just shut the [email protected] up and take a trip to D.R this summer so you can learn more about our history instead of talkin garbich on here maldita perra de la mierda.
"Talking about black power , black is beautiful and the pan african movement while at the same time you guys( mostly AA females) date out of your race to have biracial babies with light skin and good hair."

That's not true, mostly the black men do that (there are statistics to prove this) due to years of ingrained inferiority complex, but that's an entirely different topic. But see, we as a race can do that (breed with whoever we want) because at the end of the day, when that good-haired baby pops out, American society will condition it to recognize it is black and not a "dark cicada" like in the DR.

Also, don't pretend like you dominicans aren't smokin that same sht when it comes to havin "good hair and light skin". The women in your country won't ever wear their afros out in public and you know it.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2464 Apr 15, 2014
<quoted text>
You people want us to identify as black. You're calling us black. You are claiming us . Im not ashamed of my african heritage.Im happy that we have our african heritage blend in my culture. Yes im proud of my spanish ancestry, african ancestry and taino. I dont call myself indio.. i call my self a moreno. How do you know if im black as night. There you go thinking that all dominicans that have africans ancestries are pitch black as night like the haitians.vAgain we are not ashame of our culture unlike you people. Talking about black power , black is beautiful and the pan african movement while at the same time you guys( mostly AA females) date out of your race to have biracial babies with light skin and good hair. Just shut the [email protected] up and take a trip to D.R this summer so you can learn more about our history instead of talkin garbich on here maldita perra de la mierda.
"You're calling us black. You are claiming us ."

lol it's like we're hugging you and you're saying "no, stop don't give me a hug, I'm not one of you!" on national television when you are clearly black and pretty much EVERYONE else who isn't black sees you as black. haha
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#2465 Apr 15, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
"You said you have seen plenty of light skin haitians with curly hair? This country is filled with million of illegal haitians.. and i been to haiti before and i have never ever seen a light skin haitian with curly hair in my life.I you making it up."
YOU NEED TO GET EDUCATED!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-4bCwbYsvm8XX
Haitian, lightskin, creole/mulatto, and CUTE too.
there's about 3-5% of the haitians population that are mulatto and white (they are probaly considered elites).. blacks make up 95% of the population.... blaq honey said that see seen plenty of light skins haitians with curly hair.. i wonder where she lives at...
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2466 Apr 15, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
blah blah blah i know this already. Can you tell me why I'm trigueno and am black in america though?
well you said that you're "creole" mix with spanish,black and something else.. youre not rally black than... and you know why that you are considered black in america. i dont want to repeat myself again.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2467 Apr 15, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're calling us black. You are claiming us ."
lol it's like we're hugging you and you're saying "no, stop don't give me a hug, I'm not one of you!" on national television when you are clearly black and pretty much EVERYONE else who isn't black sees you as black. haha
but you have not went to the country yet youself and you here saying that we all black.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2468 Apr 15, 2014
Genevieve all you need to do is buy you self a plane ticket and come over here. you dont need to stay at a hotel. i have a free clean room here. i can cook too. i cook very good too ... no need to spend alot of money here all you need is a plane ticket i can educate about the history of D.R and our people by showin you places around :). place to stay and food to eat is free at mi place.
GodBody

Sandersville, GA

#2469 Apr 15, 2014
<quoted text>
de los minas mamaguevaso. aki se usa esa frase pila maldita gringa del diablo.
Que lo que mama niema. Deja tu coro ya.Por donde aprendiste ingles? Se te nota que te gustan las mujeres morena americana.Porque hablas tan mal de ellos? Tengo familia por alla en villa altagracia y mama es de La vega. Soy dominicano ciento por ciento.
GodBody

Sandersville, GA

#2470 Apr 15, 2014
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
That's still NOT a reason for them to Identify as Black. They are NOT denouncing their African Ancestry, they are saying they don't like the label Black like some AA's don't like the label 'African' American because they are NOT African. Some actually prefer Black American. Everyone isn't going to accept the labels/Identities created by some racist European.
Exactly. Aall these lables are european lables used to divide and conquer people.
GodBody

Sandersville, GA

#2471 Apr 15, 2014
Look at a detailed map of the dominican republic and you'll see a boatload of towns, rivers with Arawak names and some with African names, such as Lemba(egyptian priests) in San Juan de la maguana where my grandmother On father side was from(R.I.P), Marimba(igbo) in Monte plata.The first major slave revolt took place in Dominican Republic's hills in 1522. These Maroons were originally from the senegambian region of Africa; of which most were Muslims of the Wolof nation. Many centuries later the Maroon populations became so large that the only way whites could travel would be in large armed groups. Most of the Maroon populations established themselves in mostly in rivers, hills/mountains, coastal and in caves. The Congolese people were known to be very aggressive and naturally strong, they and many of the Mandingas, Wolofs, and Fulanis were the main ethnicities to have been born in Maroon village.

Akan, Yoruba, Igbo, Ewe, Fon, Mandinga, Wolof-Fulanis and Others. The Congolese-Bakongo tribes has had the most dominant culteral impact in the Dominican Republic today. Known survived religions are the Regla de palo, Arara, Dominican Vudu, Dominican Santeria etc. Many villages among the Dominican Republic have kept their African languages among their descendants. Recongnized African languages spoken by Dominicans are the Lucumi language which is practically the Yoruba language with very few Spanish words, the Kikongo language is still spoken, especially in places like Villa Mella, Dajabon(where my great grandmother is from), Altagracia, and Monte Plata. Merengue is the typical music of the Dominican Republic, it is believed that the origins of merengue camefrom a mixture between predomanitely Congolese origins along with some Igbo and Yoruba influences. Typical Dominican foods such as Mangu (mashed plantains) is of African origin.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2472 Apr 15, 2014
<quoted text>
well you said that you're "creole" mix with spanish,black and something else.. youre not rally black than... and you know why that you are considered black in america. i dont want to repeat myself again.
No, i'm black. lol I don't think anyone would deny that i'm black. I met some puerto ricans that called me hispanic/puertorican, but that was because they had issues with their own african blood when i called them black. So in the end we just all looked like a bunch of confused "mixed" people arguing over a table about our identity while others who looked more african (we were at an all-minority event), just stared at us like "wtf".
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2473 Apr 15, 2014
Genevieve all you need to do is buy you self a plane ticket and come over here. you dont need to stay at a hotel. i have a free clean room here. i can cook too. i cook very good too ... no need to spend alot of money here all you need is a plane ticket i can educate about the history of D.R and our people by showin you places around :). place to stay and food to eat is free at mi place.
oh now you want to proposition me?!
Blaqhoney

Bridgeview, IL

#2476 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes i think you getting the point. DR is very small compare to the U.S. We had three different race group at one time living in that small tiny land. and guess what? they all mixed up with each other. There was no "black only community " or no segregation in the DR. WE all lived together and we all share the same culture. In U.S the whites kept distance from you people after slavery. Black established thier own communnity where there were less whites. U.S has more land for black to be away from the whites.. D.R is small.. we all mix together and learn how to live together.
You said you have seen plenty of light skin haitians with curly hair? This country is filled with million of illegal haitians.. and i been to haiti before and i have never ever seen a light skin haitian with curly hair in my life.I you making it up.
lol! You are funny. I have Haitian friends and plenty of them are light skin although the majority I've seen have been really dark you need to get out more. You are WRONG again first an foremost the race mixing started during slavery when white slave masters would go rape or force sex on their slaves. This union produced many many bi racial children but the master was so hateful that he made his own children slaves because to him their blood was tainted. They were house slaves and the pure Africans worked in the fields picking cotton. I see you just don't understand that we have been mixed with white blood for over 400 years. What do you think happen after slavery the bi racial kids were still considered black and were not allowed to speak of their white blood they lived with other blacks that's what you don't understand. Some black people after slavery stayed and pro created with Native Americans. Now we were mixed with them as well but the MAJORITY of us had masters blood in us. The bi racials sometimes mixed with each other and in most cases married other full blacks. Their kids would come out brown skin and light skin remember mommie was bi racial with curly hair. The kids would be born with curly hair sometimes And kinky hair sometimes. Genetics is a mixed bag. That's why you sound really uneducated when you say the majority of us are just black not true. 85% of African American have white DNA/blood. No different than the spaniards having sex with their slaves DUH and making mixed babies. No different than the Tainos having sex with Africans. Black in this country means anyone with visable African ancestry it doesn't mean the person is 100% African that what you don't seem to get. Even after slavery white people and black people were making babies in large numbers. Those babies were still considered BLACK why? Their blood is tainted. You just don't know our history and you are thrown off by the Term BLACK

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2477 Apr 16, 2014
in fact im starting to think blaq honey and genvieve11 is the same person just wanting to keep on trollin to keep this topic alive.
sorry Hun we just know history and you don't especially when it comes to African Americans

“hello my peeps!”

Since: Apr 14

Newark

#2478 Apr 16, 2014
I have heard that us Puerto Ricans have black blood in us before. some of my family says its not true but I have never read much about it. What is the history?
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#2479 Apr 16, 2014
WOW! seriously?? I mean seriously?? This thing is still going on since 6 months ago? You people have jobs?? Things to do??
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#2480 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
been to haiti before and i have never ever seen a light skin haitian with curly hair in my life.I you making it up.
Well- you're seeing them now. Here they are, in Haiti

by the way, you're not dominican.
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#2481 Apr 16, 2014
Blaqhoney wrote:
<quoted text> lol! You are funny. I have Haitian friends and plenty of them are light skin although the majority I've seen have been really dark you need to get out more.
Theres just as many in different colors as there are the dark ones. As the only Haitian here, i know them better than anyone, and this is how it is. This video is a comprehensive view of all the different kinds of Haitians there is on average.
1:05, 1:31, 2:05, 1:55, 4:45, 5:36 and 6:09 make up the majority, 75% of the population. 0:50, 20%-- 6:13 and 3:12 make up 5%.

Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

#2482 Apr 16, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact, i cannot tell Haitians and Dominicans apart. You all look the same to me.
There are many Haitians who look like Dominicans. Case in point, 3:05, and 3:35- these Haitian women is what the average Dominican look like

But most of the time Its easy to tell Haitians and Dominicans apart. Most haitians look like African Americans and Africans. With mostly afro and sometimes loose curls. Most Dominicans look like mixed people with loose curls to straight hair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Fitius T Bluster 1,643,816
WM please dont sexually molest the Turkeys 4 min Marcus Washington 11
I feel like I can't be with a white guy if he's... 10 min Dixieeland 131
Mouthy know-it-all BW. ugh... 10 min sbt 23
Maceo the Sociopath is HAS NO WHERE TO GO ON TH... 17 min Sbt 1
News Latinos and Whiteness 57 min UruEuWauWau 42
Are Dominicans Black or Latino? (Sep '08) 1 hr UruEuWauWau 983
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 1 hr Blackhead Popper 394
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 3 hr Yomamma 1,603
Homogeneity Is The ONLY Way To MAGA 11 hr KIR SUCKA 28
More from around the web