Puerto Ricans and Dominicans are BLACK
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#2374 Apr 12, 2014
Those with significant black ancestries (non mix dominicans) are considered black in DR. Im talking about the sub saharan straight looking africans dominicans.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2375 Apr 12, 2014
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE wrote:
Those with significant black ancestries (non mix dominicans) are considered black in DR. Im talking about the sub saharan straight looking africans dominicans.
listen buddy, i understand that in the DR, those who are "African" looking are called black. However, once you're "Latino" behind sets foot on AMERICAN soil, yo "mixed" @ss is black bess-beleedat.

For example, Rihanna, who was born in barbados and is 1/4 white, is considered black in america. Obama, who is 1/2 white is considered black in america. Mariah Carey, who is 3/4 white is black in america. Yes, in America it's black and white with nothing in between. There's no social category of mulatto here. There's no NAAMulattoP, it's the NAAColoredP.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#2376 Apr 12, 2014
More examples of "The crab in the basket" syndrome!

Hey y'all, let's follow what massa says, "the One Drop Rule"!

But guess who whines about Massa the rest of the time.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2377 Apr 12, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
listen buddy, i understand that in the DR, those who are "African" looking are called black. However, once you're "Latino" behind sets foot on AMERICAN soil, yo "mixed" @ss is black bess-beleedat.
For example, Rihanna, who was born in barbados and is 1/4 white, is considered black in america. Obama, who is 1/2 white is considered black in america. Mariah Carey, who is 3/4 white is black in america. Yes, in America it's black and white with nothing in between. There's no social category of mulatto here. There's no NAAMulattoP, it's the NAAColoredP.
Ofcourse Those people you list have african ancestryy are classified as black in america because america follow the one drop rule system. When i was livin over there i wasnt classified as black/african american. I was classified as a LATINO/HISPANIC not BLACK. There would be some whites and AAs will see me as black though because of my skin.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2378 Apr 12, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
More examples of "The crab in the basket" syndrome!
Hey y'all, let's follow what massa says, "the One Drop Rule"!
But guess who whines about Massa the rest of the time.
Who says I'm bringing Puerto Ricans and Dominicans down by saying they re black? I consider everyone to be equal, but it is you who thinks black means inferior which is sad. You're showing your racism and its not pretty. My whole thread is centered around simply stating a fact of American social classification, and everyone wants to jump down my throat about it.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2379 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Ofcourse Those people you list have african ancestryy are classified as black in america because america follow the one drop rule system. When i was livin over there i wasnt classified as black/african american. I was classified as a LATINO/HISPANIC not BLACK. There would be some whites and AAs will see me as black though because of my skin.
This is interesting, because you bring me to another point. Mariah Carey is half Venezuelan....she is classified along with blacks because of our system here. She can identify as Latina, but the system denotes her as a mulatto, I'm assuming because of culture. You are not seen as racially latin, you are seen as racially black. Your culture is latin. Big difference. The culture is what makes you latino. although anyone can adopt a culture. thats why you have japanese latinos in places like brazil. Those who are thought of as racially latino are typically mestizos with at least a quarter Amerindian blood. There is no latino race. You are black get over it.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#2380 Apr 12, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says I'm bringing Puerto Ricans and Dominicans down by saying they re black? I consider everyone to be equal, but it is you who thinks black means inferior which is sad. You're showing your racism and its not pretty. My whole thread is centered around simply stating a fact of American social classification, and everyone wants to jump down my throat about it.
Yeah, just like the Negroes attempt to make all Mulattoes BLACK!

Face facts, you're OBEYING THE WHITE MAN'S LAW, and you're enjoying it!

Because you're PART Black, doesn't automatically makes you BLACK!

This country demographics is changing, and you're gonna be left OUT!

Still worrying about "whose Black"!
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2381 Apr 12, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just like the Negroes attempt to make all Mulattoes BLACK!
Face facts, you're OBEYING THE WHITE MAN'S LAW, and you're enjoying it!
Because you're PART Black, doesn't automatically makes you BLACK!
This country demographics is changing, and you're gonna be left OUT!
Still worrying about "whose Black"!
"Because you're PART Black, doesn't automatically makes you BLACK!"

Tell that to Trayvon Martin/Emitt Till. I'm sure they have some white blood in there....
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2382 Apr 13, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Because you're PART Black, doesn't automatically makes you BLACK!"
Tell that to Trayvon Martin/Emitt Till. I'm sure they have some white blood in there....
They were both black. Both had black mothers and fathers.

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2383 Apr 13, 2014
But when a puerto rican or dominican goes to Europe (mainly Spain- spanish speaking country) with african genes, what will the Spainards call you? They sure as hell wont call you Spanish/ Latino. You dont look like them!(Im talking about the ones that you can TELL has an african presence regardless of skin color)

Thats why I understand what Genevieve is saying.

I also understand others points as well.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2385 Apr 13, 2014
<quoted text>
They were both black. Both had black mothers and fathers.
No, these men were not black! They too are "mixed"! black+black doesn't equal black in america because "black" in america is "mixed" in america as well. Can you explain how my mother is black but looks mexican? She is treated as black in america, but her appearance is full-on hispanic/mestizo. Same difference!
Zanoni041414

Oakland, CA

#2386 Apr 14, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
If yall have African ancestry (shipped to the americas by slavery) yall are BLACK just like AAs. Welcome to the club.
You're pissing them off!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2387 Apr 14, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is interesting, because you bring me to another point. Mariah Carey is half Venezuelan....she is classified along with blacks because of our system here. She can identify as Latina, but the system denotes her as a mulatto, I'm assuming because of culture. You are not seen as racially latin, you are seen as racially black. Your culture is latin. Big difference. The culture is what makes you latino. although anyone can adopt a culture. thats why you have japanese latinos in places like brazil. Those who are thought of as racially latino are typically mestizos with at least a quarter Amerindian blood. There is no latino race. You are black get over it.
Thank you.. Latino is not a race but a culture.. Latino people, as much as some want to call themselves Spanish etc, arent!! They are descended from white spaniards and amerindians and in some black blood.... Some are ashamed, and some arent. Those that are ashamed, I.E Dominicans and some Cubans, have had it drummed into them that anything black is bad... and describe themselves as anything but black.. Caribbeans and African Americans arent the only ones taught to hate themselves..
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#2388 Apr 14, 2014
I say , as long as they're happy living in their country, why do we have to criticize them?

It's truly amazing how the whitew race has bamboozled the average person of mixed heritage into accepting the theory that he/she is 100- percent African Negro!

You whine every day on this board about how bad the white man is, yet you hold head down and say,"yeah Massa you're right!

Who in the Hades, gave him the authority to determine your race?

Keep following his directions, and you'll be alright.

Hummmmm, something tells me, you're subservient.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2389 Apr 14, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
that woman you mention is a quater venezeulean from her dad's side. Her grandpa is from venezuela. She wouldnt be considered as a latina becuase she was not bought up from a latin culture house hold. She totally americanized. but yes she can still claim her venezuelean becuase she is 25%.

Latino/lHispanic is not a race .. yes i know.. its a ethnic group/ culture.. but what you dont understand is that most people in latin america are racially MIXED with more than 1 or 2 races. Theres also latinos that are pure white that look like he/she came from europe.. theres latinos that are pure black that look like he/she came from africa and theres latinos that are pure amerindian lookin. You reallly need to learn more about the latin culture and visit latin american countries to undertsand. Im sure theres some of you guys on here that probaly thinks in order to be latino you got to be mestizo/mexican looking. You americans are ignorant when it come to classifyin race and cultures.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2390 Apr 14, 2014
Analyze_ wrote:
But when a puerto rican or dominican goes to Europe (mainly Spain- spanish speaking country) with african genes, what will the Spainards call you? They sure as hell wont call you Spanish/ Latino. You dont look like them!(Im talking about the ones that you can TELL has an african presence regardless of skin color)
Thats why I understand what Genevieve is saying.
I also understand others points as well.
Well it depends of their skin color. If they are brown skinned they automatically going to be called as "NEGRO, MORENO, or possibly MORRO. Ofcourse they not going to call us Spanish becuase we're not from spain and we may not look like them but we are LATINOS.
RAPA TU MALDITA MADRE

#2391 Apr 14, 2014
Dinie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.. Latino is not a race but a culture.. Latino people, as much as some want to call themselves Spanish etc, arent!! They are descended from white spaniards and amerindians and in some black blood.... Some are ashamed, and some arent. Those that are ashamed, I.E Dominicans and some Cubans, have had it drummed into them that anything black is bad... and describe themselves as anything but black.. Caribbeans and African Americans arent the only ones taught to hate themselves..
Yes we're not spanish. When I was in the states theres be some girls (mainly african americans) asked me if i was spanish.. i said no im dominican or latino. Theres some of us that are ashamed of their african heritage like sammy sosa but that doesnt mean that we all deny our african heritage. What we don't like is that theres people like genevieve11 who never set foot on our country or P.R and visit different regions of D.R or P.R come here and want to classify that all Dominicans and Puerto Ricans becuase they too have african heritage just like the AAs. Theres people like her that want us to forget our other two heritage (spanish and taino) and just want us to embrace our black side. I embrace all 3 sides.. I love my black side i dont deny my black side. I love my culture and my identity.

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2392 Apr 14, 2014
Are we still on this? Lol! African Americans are mixed race people so are Puerto Ricans and Dominicians. All three of us have African ancestry from the transatlantic slave trade. All three of us have " other" ancestry in our blood in America if you have visable African ancestry no matter how light you are people will call you BLACK that's our culture but in Puerto Rico and the DR they go by nationality not just one race in your body. Now will everybody please stfu and move on
Zanoni041414

Oakland, CA

#2393 Apr 14, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
If yall have African ancestry (shipped to the americas by slavery) yall are BLACK just like AAs. Welcome to the club.
Damn! A lot of people don't agree with you.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#2394 Apr 14, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
Are we still on this? Lol! African Americans are mixed race people so are Puerto Ricans and Dominicians. All three of us have African ancestry from the transatlantic slave trade. All three of us have " other" ancestry in our blood in America if you have visable African ancestry no matter how light you are people will call you BLACK that's our culture but in Puerto Rico and the DR they go by nationality not just one race in your body. Now will everybody please stfu and move on
Exactly.its these Latinos who want to complicate things, not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min CodeTalker 1,643,002
Thanksgiving is a WHITES ONLY holiday! 3 min Porter 13
Is it ignorance and stupidity to say leave slav... 6 min Porter 12
Do Hispanic men like black women (Feb '07) 9 min Diego Verdager 10,772
Russell Simons involved in Satanic Worship & Mo... 9 min Ugly monkeys 4
People who claim blks sold other blacks exposed... 10 min Porter 8
News Tiffany Haddish Makes History On a Saturday Nig... 11 min Kennyinbmore 19
Why do people say racist white guys have sex wi... 1 hr SociopathMaceo 81
Why do black girls get with white guys? 2 hr SociopathMaceo 99
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 4 hr Harrisson 359
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 4 hr Username Taken 842
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 10 hr Nutz like TicTacs 1,591
More from around the web