Whats wrong with Sounding/talking "B...

“No more hate”

Level 4

Since: Jun 13

North Carolina

#283 Jul 3, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>You cant tell how someone talks by reading what they write.As Moses-11 pointed out,writing is the lowest form of communication.It doesnt factor in accents,body language,eye contact etc.90% of communication is non verbal.And youre not ready for what that guy is teaching.I only posted his quote to show you there are like minded conscious people who understand language is light code programming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XykIswFgLpUXX
"we've been programmed,wake up"--Eryka Badu
I love Erykah and this song was in heavy rotation last summer. LOVE IT.
Unfortunately for you, she isn't talking about speech or speaking English.
IMO...Shes talking about TRUE hip hop that has a point...a message that brings people together. Shes saying TRUE hip hop is The Healer. Still lost? "We've been programmed, wake up" is her way of saying "leave that fuck shit alone. That aint real hip hop". lol. love it!
About ole boy...still waiting on that link. I'll keep searching for a soundbite.

“No more hate”

Level 4

North Carolina

#284 Jul 3, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>The Nuwabians influince you can hear in Outkast(ATLiens),Eryka Badu.Nowadays you dont find them in large groups like they where before Malachi York was falsely accused by the u.s gov to take him off the streets.Cult=culture,so all of us are in some type ofcult.We group in AA american culture which is different than white, right?Or am i wrong?
Yes...AA culture is different than white.
You know I love Outkast, especially Dre. Now let me ask you this...do you think Dre "speaks white"?
Boy stop! You can not compare culture to a cult. lmao!
I saw some info on Dr York. Will go back to check that out.
TheEye

New York, NY

#286 Jul 3, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
I remember when I used to call my childs mother at her job sometimes and make fun of her voice and accent.She would say "you know I have to talk like a white girl here".She was college educated in management.Outside of work she talked like a black women from the "country" or south.
It seems as if your country a s s cant wrap your mind around the idea that all black people are not from the rural south and thus do not speak as such naturally.

Most blacks your hear who speak differently from you are not "switching", but are speaking the way they speak.

Your reasoning is critically flawed from the gate and has been torn to shreds dozens of times on this board already and you have failed to offer any rational counter. You just spew the same unintelligable phrases & quotes and think youve made a counter argument.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#287 Jul 3, 2013
bitterSWEET910 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I love Outkast, especially Dre. Now let me ask you this...do you think Dre "speaks white"?
Man Andre straight from the A-town,he dont sound like a white man do he?

And Big Boi is from Colle Pawk(College park,Ga)as Georga natives would call it.where my AAU basketball team from that produce many NBA pros like Shareef Abdul Raheem,Mike Maddox,Dwight Howard and too many others.
Words are like messages.As long as you get the message is what should count.When i platyed ball,if i(or anyone else)was ever wide open under the basket,it didnt matter if it iwas a bounce pass,chest pass,or alley hoop pass.As long as you got it before theother defenders came up on you.

1USA1

“For F***'s Sake”

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#288 Jul 3, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
And Malcolm X tone or accent never changed when he spoke to the public about the white man.There was soul in his voice.Not a robotic drone
Malcolm Ten was a dirty Moslem commie, race baiting piece of shit. Odd I don't see you lamenting about anybody decent like the great Martin Luther King. He wouldn't have approved of your abject racism and bigotry.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#289 Jul 3, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>Malcolm Ten was a dirty Moslem commie, race baiting piece of shit. Odd I don't see you lamenting about anybody decent like the great Martin Luther King. He wouldn't have approved of your abject racism and bigotry.
MLK jr was Boule(black elite secret society created by elite white masons to be the "house negroes" or watchdog for the white man).But at the end of his life,MLK jr was quoted as saying "i fear i have sent my people inside of a burning house"(refering to integration).Then they killed him a few days later.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#290 Jul 3, 2013

"Atlanta Georgia stack them G's

roll it up

smoke with me

westward bound College Pawk

sell these keys befo its dark"

“No more hate”

Level 4

North Carolina

#291 Jul 3, 2013
Found a Dr York vid...lots of them actually. He sounds like an EDUCATED black man that knows how to speak in a PROFESSIONAL manner. Does that means he "speaks white" NOPE!
Very intelligent brotha. Not AA. A bit out there at times, but I get it. Thanks for the new lead. You're still wrong.

Took me awhile to get back cause I found this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WOW.

Then this interview that speaks directly to the point of blacks accepting the "white way"....notice, she doesn't say speaking white. She is talking about culture, mentality, conditioning, dependency.
Not only is this woman speaking the TRUTH she is providing this information eloquently via proper English!. I LOVE IT! POWERFUL.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#292 Jul 3, 2013
bitterSWEET910 wrote:
Found a Dr York vid...lots of them actually. He sounds like an EDUCATED black man that knows how to speak in a PROFESSIONAL manner. Does that means he "speaks white" NOPE!
Very intelligent brotha. Not AA. A bit out there at times, but I get it. Thanks for the new lead. You're still wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JZiT1paUn5cXX
Took me awhile to get back cause I found this.
WOW.
Then this interview that speaks directly to the point of blacks accepting the "white way"....notice, she doesn't say speaking white. She is talking about culture, mentality, conditioning, dependency.
Not only is this woman speaking the TRUTH she is providing this information eloquently via proper English!. I LOVE IT! POWERFUL.
You never answeredif in the above video if Andre sounds like a white man(as you implied). And dr York still speaks with soul like a black man.Stop frontin like you dont know what im talkin bout.

“No more hate”

Level 4

North Carolina

#293 Jul 3, 2013
"The way the system of European control works, is you have to accept a concept of reality that makes them superior."- Dr. Marimba Ani Yurugu
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#294 Jul 3, 2013
bitterSWEET910 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bittersweet--"Yes...AA culture is different than white."

So you admit AA culture is different than white

You do know that culture includes language/form of speaking.Google it--"Culture includes the religion(s), language, food, traditions, art, literature, the lifestyle, flag, music, and clothes."

Gameover ; )
The 3rd decan(last 10 days) of capricorn governs lawyers,courts,and libraries.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#295 Jul 3, 2013
My mother a capricorn,spent much of her career in the court room.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#296 Jul 3, 2013
She(mother) one of pastor Creflo capricorn Dollar right hand woman.You know caps are always connected to authority.No mayor in Atlanta gets voted inwithout "rerend(reverend) Dolla" giving them the "blessing".Its a durty game
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#297 Jul 3, 2013
One thing i do like about Creflo if you ever been to any of his sermons live like have many times,he aint afraid to talk "colle pawk" as he calls it.But he isnt afraid to tell a whole sermon that way.And he'll tell you he's proud of his roots.And there are a good percentage of whites,and most of the elite black millionaires attend his church.Thats where he's from.Many Capricorns have rags to riches stories,cause they work hard.

“No more hate”

Level 4

North Carolina

#298 Jul 3, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Bittersweet--"Yes...AA culture is different than white."
So you admit AA culture is different than white
You do know that culture includes language/form of speaking.Google it--"Culture includes the religion(s), language, food, traditions, art, literature, the lifestyle, flag, music, and clothes."
Gameover ; )
The 3rd decan(last 10 days) of capricorn governs lawyers,courts,and libraries.
Stick to astrology. That way you can keep talking out of your ass and no one would be the wiser.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cul...
1cul·ture
noun \&#712;k&#601;l-ch &#601;r\
Definition of CULTURE
1: cultivation, tillage

2: the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education

3: expert care and training <beauty culture>

a : enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and aesthetic training

b : acquaintance with and taste in fine arts, humanities, and broad aspects of science as distinguished from vocational and technical skills

a : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations

*b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture> THIS DEFINITION FITS AA BEST

c : the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization <a corporate culture focused on the bottom line>

d : the set of values, conventions, or social practices associated with a particular field, activity, or societal characteristic <studying the effect of computers on print culture> <changing the culture of materialism will take time — Peggy O'Mara>

NOTHING ABOUT LANGUAGE OR SPEECH.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#299 Jul 3, 2013
So now youre so desparate to deny language/way of speaking isnt included or not connected with culture?You shot out.lol What do they call "Hip-hop" culture?
http://www.exampleessays.com/essay_search /culture_includes.html
Culture includes language, ideas, beliefs, customs, codes, institutions, tools, techniques, and works of art, rituals, and ceremonies, among other elements.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#300 Jul 3, 2013
From your own link.Speaking is a part of every day life.
"the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time"

bitterSWEET910 wrote:
<quoted text>

a : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations
*b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture> THIS DEFINITION FITS AA BEST
c : the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization <a corporate culture focused on the bottom line>
d : the set of values, conventions, or social practices associated with a particular field, activity, or societal characteristic <studying the effect of computers on print culture> <changing the culture of materialism will take time — Peggy O'Mara>
NOTHING ABOUT LANGUAGE OR SPEECH.
Change that ear shot back to that eye shot you used to have.Dont nobody wanna see that sh1t ;)
http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/slang/dicti...
Black slang may be considered a part of African American Vernacular English, an informal dialect regularly spoken by 80 to 90 percent of the black population in the United States.

Also referred to as African American English and Ebonics, African American Vernacular English shares many linguistic characteristics associated with various Creole dialects. The vocabulary, pronunciation, and unique grammatical structures also bear some resemblance to traditional West African languages.

Since the English language draws its inspiration from a variety of sources, it should come as no surprise that a number of words that were once considered part of African American Vernacular English are now commonplace in our culture, largely because of their popular use in media and music. These words often stream into other groups and a wide variety of people begin using them.

“No more hate”

Level 4

North Carolina

#301 Jul 3, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
So now youre so desparate to deny language/way of speaking isnt included or not connected with culture?You shot out.lol What do they call "Hip-hop" culture?
http://www.exampleessays.com/essay_search /culture_includes.html
Culture includes language, ideas, beliefs, customs, codes, institutions, tools, techniques, and works of art, rituals, and ceremonies, among other elements.
Really? Example essays? Thats your proof?
Hip hop is a part of black culture because it portrays the black experience... LIFESTYLE. Beliefs are also part of culture and that is also portrayed in hip hop. You did see that in the definition didn't you? Again, nothing to do with language or speech.

Gone somewhere with that bullshit link...a fuckin essay, written by who? smh
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#302 Jul 3, 2013
http://www.exampleessays.com/viewpaper/92572....

CULTURE What is culture? Culture includes language, ideas, beliefs, customs, codes, institutions, tools, techniques, and works of art, rituals, and ceremonies, among other elements. The existence and use of culture depends upon ability possessed by humans alone. This ability has been called the capacity for rational thought.

Articulate speech is a good example. The meaning of the word dog is not inherent in the sounds themselves; it is assigned, to the sounds by human beings. Holy water, "biting one's thumb" at someone, or fetishes are other examples. The classic definition of culture was provided by the 19th-century English anthropologist Edward Burnett Tylor in the first paragraph of his Primitive Culture (1871): Culture ... is that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, morals, law, custom, and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society. In Anthropology (1881) Tylor made it clear that man alone possesses culture. This conception of culture served anthropologists for 50 years.

“No more hate”

Level 4

North Carolina

#303 Jul 3, 2013
One connection I can make with culture and language, is that culture can not be passed along without communication. That's it. Directly related? NOPE!
I gave you the definition, you came back with opinions.
This has gone way past old.
Im done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Badjudgment 1,479,912
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 6 min guck fays 211
Eurocentric Myth Busters: Blacks Are Naturally ... 7 min KyleMackey 29
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 8 min Lizandria 6,634
News Film about 3 black females beats Affleck, Scors... 8 min TruthSPeaker 25
News Trump thanks African-Americans who didn't vote ... 30 min Ms Mack 269
My Indian cousin married a black man & had a ba... 54 min Indict KOCH BROS 94
Parents Cut Her Off for Dating a Black Man 1 hr Charlie 178
More from around the web