Django Unchained

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#429 Jan 29, 2013
Pure Observation wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
The only lower thing worst than a white man/woman that wants to enslave the minds or bodies of a race of people, is a person of the race being targeted helping a white man/woman keep his/her hands clean by targeting their own kind.
I'm watching Django right now and Samuel's character sounds exactly like some of the male and female posters on this forum.
C/S

I was thinking the same thing after watching Django. The white-washing has so many effects on these Topix folks, especially the IRBM/BW that talk cr@p about other Blacks.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#430 Jan 29, 2013
Went to see Django Unchained and loved it! Samuel L. Jackson as the evil Uncle Tom was irrepressible! I wanted to stand in the theater and dance when he got his!

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#431 Jan 30, 2013
I think Lil' Wayne and his anti-dark skinned women routine is similar to the Samuel L. Jackson character. Another victim of white-washed view of the world.

Lil' Wayne is the typical house negro that sold out the other slaves.

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#432 Jan 30, 2013
Capree wrote:
Went to see Django Unchained and loved it! Samuel L. Jackson as the evil Uncle Tom was irrepressible! I wanted to stand in the theater and dance when he got his!
LOL! He did a masterful performance, I have to admit. I couldn't help but think "Damn, he's good!!"

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#433 Jan 30, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
I think Lil' Wayne and his anti-dark skinned women routine is similar to the Samuel L. Jackson character. Another victim of white-washed view of the world.
Lil' Wayne is the typical house negro that sold out the other slaves.
I think Lil Wayne would have made the perfect understudy to Jackson's self-hating character in case Samuel L Jackson got ill and couldn't performed.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#434 Jan 30, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! He did a masterful performance, I have to admit. I couldn't help but think "Damn, he's good!!"
Yep! And what got me was when his old evil Uncle Tom character who had did so much dirt to black people for his Massa Candy, thought that the angry,dangerous Django mean't him when he said all you black folks leave! LOL!
Peshewar

United States

#435 Jan 31, 2013
Black Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Real talk bruh
Your AA women saying Afro Latino men be more masculine and family oriented than you AA men
Both you AA men and women dogging each other out
You main group on planet that do that
Agree..

No one I mean NO ONE vilifies and hates on one another like the American black man and woman.

There is no comparison.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#436 Jan 31, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Lil Wayne would have made the perfect understudy to Jackson's self-hating character in case Samuel L Jackson got ill and couldn't performed.
Definitely, it would be so easy for him to get into that character. It would have probably been an academy award for his outstanding performance. I mean he would be playing himself, putting down other Blacks, and praising light skin.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#437 Jan 31, 2013
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely, it would be so easy for him to get into that character. It would have probably been an academy award for his outstanding performance. I mean he would be playing himself, putting down other Blacks, and praising light skin.
Exactly! But Jackson's character still made me laugh out loud thinking that there were and probably still are black folks like that.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#438 Feb 3, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about the main objective of the movie. It is a love story but the things AngryMan are talking about are in the movie intentionally to make you digest them within the context of the main story. You're SUPPOSED to think about those things.
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I THINK about those things because I didn't talk about them. GTFOH with your arrogant know it all ass. You don't know WTH you're talking about!
trollslayer

Chicago, IL

#439 Feb 3, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! But Jackson's character still made me laugh out loud thinking that there were and probably still are black folks like that.
He's a scary person who actually has a congregation. Maybe he can be the new "Stephen" in Django2...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#440 Feb 4, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I THINK about those things because I didn't talk about them. GTFOH with your arrogant know it all ass. You don't know WTH you're talking about!
LOL!! So, my analysis of what I believe the filmmaker's intent was is invalid? Think about that for a minute and then get over yourself.
almostchoked

London, UK

#441 Feb 4, 2013
Crusher wrote:
Spike Lee has come out against the movie, stating that it "Disrespects (his) ancestors", even though he hasn't even seen the movie...
How the hell can you make that kind of serious judgement if you haven't even seen the film yet?
Spike Lee (Chained)

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#442 Feb 14, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! So, my analysis of what I believe the filmmaker's intent was is invalid? Think about that for a minute and then get over yourself.
Did I say it was invalid? I'm not even reffering to what you think about the movie and I don't care. You are entitled to view it anyway you want, but don't sit on your high horse and tell me what I need to think about. Stick to what YOU need to think about since that's all you have control over.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#443 Feb 14, 2013
trollslayer wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a scary person who actually has a congregation. Maybe he can be the new "Stephen" in Django2...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Just the look of him was scary and his hatred of other blacks was even more frightening!

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#444 Feb 15, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say it was invalid? I'm not even reffering to what you think about the movie and I don't care. You are entitled to view it anyway you want, but don't sit on your high horse and tell me what I need to think about. Stick to what YOU need to think about since that's all you have control over.
Hold it. We're in this thread analyzing this movie and I offered what I think the filmmaker wanted us to think about and I express that in the context of this thread and that's being on a high horse? What the fck are you talking about? SMH
jumpstart

United States

#445 Feb 16, 2013
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you watched the entire movie? Because if not, how can you judge it that brashly by stating it's a mockery of slavery? I haven't seen the movie yet so I personally will not judge it until I watch it in its entirety.
slavery is a mockery it is a mockery of humanity I think the movie deals with that very well there's a lot of subtle things in the movie 1 would have to see it twice the first time for entertainment then the second time for now analysis its design like a bee Movie but if you pay close attention it gets very very deep I don't want to give anything away but pay attention to not only the dialogue but also the set
trollslayer

United States

#446 Feb 16, 2013
It's basically a revenge movie. Slavery is ultimately minor to the movie. There's a bigger picture that deal with a Black hero.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#447 Feb 17, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold it. We're in this thread analyzing this movie and I offered what I think the filmmaker wanted us to think about and I express that in the context of this thread and that's being on a high horse? What the fck are you talking about? SMH
Maybe you should go back and read it.

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#448 Feb 17, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should go back and read it.
You're all butt hurt because I have a different view....I get it...trust me. SMH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix most desired woman? 9 min CigarFace27 1
N(EYE)GGERS RUIN our WORLD 11 min T-BOS 2
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 11 min NOOPHRA 116
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Grey Ghost 1,681,992
Textbook psychopathy: The victim play 13 min T-BOS 3
WHITE FOLKS: YOU need to know what King Knew! 15 min Snr 3
Still waiting... Black "Wall Street"? 36 min LGBTQP Supremacist 3
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 1 hr Micha Ben Israel 37,791
Hahaha! Negroes actually believe we need them! 2 hr Ripper 34
Nobody is on white people side 2 hr Ripper 62
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 5 hr reality 909
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 8 hr Sharon 112
More from around the web