Django Unchained

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#284 Jan 9, 2013
Rabbi ShltStain wrote:
Also, the winning tribe captured rival tribe knee grows to sell them as slaves to the Europeans... hence, African Americans are descendents of losers... that's why Africans are statistically smarter than African Americans.
Everyone is the descendants of losers at some point. Blacks are not hardly losers, if we were with all that we've encountered as a people we would not exist.

Your stupid low ranks ass has never been a part of anything great in your loser life. Certainly your descendants will have come from a long line of losers that live off the highs of a uncivilized group of monsters that will surly bust hell wide open.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#285 Jan 9, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
That movie isn't really about slavery. Just set in that time.
Huh? Okay, explain the movie without using the word slave.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#286 Jan 9, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Okay, explain the movie without using the word slave.
It's a love story about a man living as a captive in the united states in the year 1858. His goal is to free his wife from this capitivity as well, so in order to do this he joins up with a bounty hunter who promises him his freedom if he can help him find some men who have a bounty on their head. He says yes and the movie goes from there. In the end, him and his wife are free and they ride off together. Happy ending.

Two BLACK actors in love. Did you get that? A strong BLACK man who goes to any length to get back the BLACK woman he loves - and all the ignorant sensitive people in our community can see is a movie about slavery. Why? Because their sensitivity comes from the fact that they still see themselves now as slaves. Slavery happened, if you want to make our ancestors proud then get out of the ghetto and stop having babies with many women and men.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#287 Jan 9, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Okay, explain the movie without using the word slave.
Love, hatred, revenge, scheming, racism. For me Roots was about slavery, Amistad was too. Django was a slave, there were other slave but it was about him getting his wife and getting the hell out of dodge.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#288 Jan 9, 2013
PinkPearl wrote:
<quoted text>It's a love story about a man living as a captive in the united states in the year 1858. His goal is to free his wife from this capitivity as well, so in order to do this he joins up with a bounty hunter who promises him his freedom if he can help him find some men who have a bounty on their head. He says yes and the movie goes from there. In the end, him and his wife are free and they ride off together. Happy ending.

Two BLACK actors in love. Did you get that? A strong BLACK man who goes to any length to get back the BLACK woman he loves - and all the ignorant sensitive people in our community can see is a movie about slavery. Why? Because their sensitivity comes from the fact that they still see themselves now as slaves. Slavery happened, if you want to make our ancestors proud then get out of the ghetto and stop having babies with many women and men.
After all that, you left out the MAIN focus of the movie... Slavery. What's IGNORANT is to try and sugar-coat what's obvious. You can't shove s••t in the stove and make it biscuits. The movie opens with a slave trafficking, continues with slave trader hunting and ending with a massacre at a slave plantation. Who are you REALLY trying to fool? You can save the subtle insults because it only shows your maturity level.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#289 Jan 9, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>Love, hatred, revenge, scheming, racism. For me Roots was about slavery, Amistad was too. Django was a slave, there were other slave but it was about him getting his wife and getting the hell out of dodge.
I don't really get your logic. Roots was about slavery but Django wasn't? Why is that? Is it because one is FICTION and the other is FACT? One is dramatic and the other is bafoonery? Django showed conditions, practices and mannerisms, results and consequences of slavery but ISN'T ABOUT SLAVERY? Be for real...

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#290 Jan 9, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really get your logic. Roots was about slavery but Django wasn't? Why is that? Is it because one is FICTION and the other is FACT? One is dramatic and the other is bafoonery? Django showed conditions, practices and mannerisms, results and consequences of slavery but ISN'T ABOUT SLAVERY? Be for real...
WTF is your problem? You asked me to explain the movie without using the word slavery and know you have a problem because I did. No Roots was about slavery from beginning to end, as was Amistad. They were about nothing else. Just because you can't wrap your head around how I came to that conclusion is not my problem. View the movie the way you see fit and know that I have the same option.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#291 Jan 9, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>
After all that, you left out the MAIN focus of the movie... Slavery. What's IGNORANT is to try and sugar-coat what's obvious. You can't shove s••t in the stove and make it biscuits. The movie opens with a slave trafficking, continues with slave trader hunting and ending with a massacre at a slave plantation. Who are you REALLY trying to fool? You can save the subtle insults because it only shows your maturity level.
It happened during the time of slavery, they were slaves but the plot was about this man getting his wife back and all of the obstacles that stood in his way. It was more of a western. Do you really think a black slave even if he did travel with a white man could kill a white criminal or whip one? When during slavery did that happen?

Was Gone with the Wind about slavery too? It happened during that time but it was a love story that happened during The civil war.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#292 Jan 10, 2013
PinkPearl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a love story about a man living as a captive in the united states in the year 1858. His goal is to free his wife from this capitivity as well, so in order to do this he joins up with a bounty hunter who promises him his freedom if he can help him find some men who have a bounty on their head. He says yes and the movie goes from there. In the end, him and his wife are free and they ride off together. Happy ending.
Two BLACK actors in love. Did you get that? A strong BLACK man who goes to any length to get back the BLACK woman he loves - and all the ignorant sensitive people in our community can see is a movie about slavery. Why? Because their sensitivity comes from the fact that they still see themselves now as slaves. Slavery happened, if you want to make our ancestors proud then get out of the ghetto and stop having babies with many women and men.
Who is this woman?

I think I need to find her and marry her.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#293 Jan 10, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF is your problem? You asked me to explain the movie without using the word slavery and know you have a problem because I did. No Roots was about slavery from beginning to end, as was Amistad. They were about nothing else. Just because you can't wrap your head around how I came to that conclusion is not my problem. View the movie the way you see fit and know that I have the same option.
Just don't try to tell ME the movie wasn't about slavery and I won't have a problem with what you say.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#294 Jan 10, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>It happened during the time of slavery, they were slaves but the plot was about this man getting his wife back and all of the obstacles that stood in his way.
if it happened during time of slavery and there were slaves in it(along with slave masters, slave traffickers, racist dialogue, plantation settings, lynchings, racist vernacular), why isn't the tone of the movie about slavery? It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#295 Jan 10, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>
After all that, you left out the MAIN focus of the movie... Slavery. What's IGNORANT is to try and sugar-coat what's obvious. You can't shove s••t in the stove and make it biscuits. The movie opens with a slave trafficking, continues with slave trader hunting and ending with a massacre at a slave plantation. Who are you REALLY trying to fool? You can save the subtle insults because it only shows your maturity level.
The main focus of this movie was not about slavery.

This is easy to tell for the simple fact that slaves themselves were not the central theme in this movie. The main character was only a slave for like five minutes during the whole thing, and the whole movie was basically just about him, his partner, him finding his woman, and all the white racist adversaries he had to plow down to get to her.

If the movie was about slavery, then the central theme would have been about slaves and their ordeals, whereas, in this movie, no slave character is really even given that much attention, save Samuel Jackson, who doesn't even really behave like slave to be honest.

It's like how in taken, the main character is a CIA retiree, and he was attempting to save his daughter from being lost to sex trafficking, but the whole movie wasn't really about the CIA organization, or even sex trafficking. It was about him saving his daughter before time ran out.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#296 Jan 10, 2013
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>The main focus of this movie was not about slavery.

This is easy to tell for the simple fact that slaves themselves were not the central theme in this movie. The main character was only a slave for like five minutes during the whole thing, and the whole movie was basically just about him, his partner, him finding his woman, and all the white racist adversaries he had to plow down to get to her.

If the movie was about slavery, then the central theme would have been about slaves and their ordeals, whereas, in this movie, no slave character is really even given that much attention, save Samuel Jackson, who doesn't even really behave like slave to be honest.

It's like how in taken, the main character is a CIA retiree, and he was attempting to save his daughter from being lost to sex trafficking, but the whole movie wasn't really about the CIA organization, or even sex trafficking. It was about him saving his daughter before time ran out.
Sorry bro, I don't buy it. No matter how you try to "word" it, the main characters were a slave and a slave owner hunting fugitives, who ultimately seek another slaves freedom. All the "man" and "captives" and "partner" and "white adversaries" are just sugar coated phrases.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#297 Jan 10, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't try to tell ME the movie wasn't about slavery and I won't have a problem with what you say.
LOL I'm not TRYING to tell you anything, you asked. I was stating my opinion and as far as I'm concerned yours isn't any more valid for me than mine is for you.

So you can move on now.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#298 Jan 10, 2013
The story has so many racial undertones not noticed by those that think it isn't a "slavery" movie.

The lust for black women is shown in the movies main objective. The black woman the slave master had as his mistress is prime example.

The deceitfulness of Samuel L character. How there's no loyalty and unity as black people. But this is true. A movie can be made by a white man using the word "N•gg• over 100 times and not one upset soul.

The envy of the black mans genitals. We all know that had to be thrown in a stereotypical movie. Notice the threat to cut it off by the gay white dude.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#299 Jan 10, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>if it happened during time of slavery and there were slaves in it(along with slave masters, slave traffickers, racist dialogue, plantation settings, lynchings, racist vernacular), why isn't the tone of the movie about slavery? It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is.
Did you see the movie? It was set during that time. They were slaves, they dealt with slave owners, encountered slaves, house negros and so on. BUT THE MOVIE WAS ABOUT D'JANGO GETTING HIS WIFE BACK!!!!!

ROOTS WAS ABOUT KUNTA KINTE, even though there were other slaves like Kizzy and Chicken George it was about Kunta and the breaking of Kunta, a proud, strong African and the evolution of turning him into Toby. Sure they had scenes of rape, the market place, the beatings, all of that but it was about Kunta. Everyone else was supporting characters.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#300 Jan 10, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
The story has so many racial undertones not noticed by those that think it isn't a "slavery" movie.
The lust for black women is shown in the movies main objective. The black woman the slave master had as his mistress is prime example.
The deceitfulness of Samuel L character. How there's no loyalty and unity as black people. But this is true. A movie can be made by a white man using the word "N•gg• over 100 times and not one upset soul.
The envy of the black mans genitals. We all know that had to be thrown in a stereotypical movie. Notice the threat to cut it off by the gay white dude.
The main theme of the movie is a LOVE STORY, the rest is a supporting story. That didn't expand on any of it because it wasn't the main focus. The only reason they showed the Mandingo fighting is because it was the premise of why they came to Candy's plantation in the first place.

So if it's about slavery then it is also about greedy white men, stupid white men, the cruelty of white people, the buffoonery of the klan. Because the only one that was normal was the bounty hunter. But it wasn't about that either, it was about D'jango and Broomhilda and his quest for her and slavery was the backdrop.

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#301 Jan 10, 2013
Angry Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry bro, I don't buy it. No matter how you try to "word" it, the main characters were a slave
The main character was a free man for like 99 percent of the movie, so you have no argument there.
Angry Man wrote:
and a slave owner hunting fugitives, who ultimately seek another slaves freedom.
No, he seeks to rejoin his wife, and incidentally is a slave. It's not about her being a slave, it's about her being his wife.

She could have been a free woman that was simply placed in jail, or kidnapped or something, and the movie would have ended up the same way, with Django trying to save her.

Notice how none of the other slaves in this movie were given that much attention.

Whites were given more attention than the slaves. The reason for this is because they were the main ones Django had to deal with in order to accomplish his mission, which made them more of a focus.

No movie gives more attention to vile white racists than to slaves in movie whose main theme is supposedly about slavery.
Angry Man wrote:
All the "man" and "captives" and "partner" and "white adversaries" are just sugar coated phrases.
What am I "suger-coating" exactly?

All you keep doing is telling me that slavery was a theme in the movie.

Ok, yes, it was ONE theme, it was most certainly not the only theme, nor was it the main theme.

The main theme of this movie was no more about slavery than it was about bounty hunting or the southern United States.

Those were all incidental factors.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#302 Jan 10, 2013
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>The main character was a free man for like 99 percent of the movie, so you have no argument there.

Angry Man wrote, " and a slave owner hunting fugitives, who ultimately seek another slaves freedom."

No, he seeks to rejoin his wife, and incidentally is a slave. It's not about her being a slave, it's about her being his wife.

She could have been a free woman that was simply placed in jail, or kidnapped or something, and the movie would have ended up the same way, with Django trying to save her.

Notice how none of the other slaves in this movie were given that much attention.

Whites were given more attention than the slaves. The reason for this is because they were the main ones Django had to deal with in order to accomplish his mission, which made them more of a focus.

No movie gives more attention to vile white racists than to slaves in movie whose main theme is supposedly about slavery.

Angry Man wrote, " All the "man" and "captives" and "partner" and "white adversaries" are just sugar coated phrases. "

What am I "suger-coating" exactly?

All you keep doing is telling me that slavery was a theme in the movie.

Ok, yes, it was ONE theme, it was most certainly not the only theme, nor was it the main theme.

The main theme of this movie was no more about slavery than it was about bounty hunting or the southern United States.

Those were all incidental factors.
Sorry, not buying it.

“Mods keep erasing my Avi..”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#303 Jan 10, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>The main theme of the movie is a LOVE STORY, the rest is a supporting story. That didn't expand on any of it because it wasn't the main focus. The only reason they showed the Mandingo fighting is because it was the premise of why they came to Candy's plantation in the first place.

So if it's about slavery then it is also about greedy white men, stupid white men, the cruelty of white people, the buffoonery of the klan. Because the only one that was normal was the bounty hunter. But it wasn't about that either, it was about D'jango and Broomhilda and his quest for her and slavery was the backdrop.
Backdrop? Yea, okay. Backdrop...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The u S A era (1945 - 2008) in retrospect 1 min THX00451 6
black men love to date fat and ugly white women 2 min letitbe 133
Shameless Europe, USA; They Create Refugee Cris... 4 min THX00451 6
Per Capita Blacks commit 440% more crime thanWh... (May '12) 8 min T-BOS 1,803
u S A must accept black nationalism or go to hell 8 min THX00451 15
Trish_b is the queen of topix 9 min T-BOS 92
never employ a negro 10 min T-BOS 31
VA shooting is a hoax 20 min letitbe 31
REPARATIONS: They Will Be Paid Sooner Or Later (Jan '15) 53 min ohReally 1,033
Egyptians in Egypt 3 hr African AE 372
Poll Will Donald Trump be the next President of the ... 6 hr The L 38
More from around the web