Why did blacks sell others into slave...

Why did blacks sell others into slavery?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Nivan

AOL

#1 Jun 29, 2010
Much like the Indians here in North America in Africa there where different tribes. Much like the Indians one tribe would go to war with another tribe and the loser became the slaves to the winners. When the whites showed up in Africa they did not have to take blacks violently. One tribe sold the other to the white people.

In other words they where already slaves to other blacks!

This is a politically incorerect thing to say it just happens to be true.

Maybe blacks should point their anger in the right direction.... Africa.

Judged:

12

10

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 29, 2010
Why do you people keep holding onto this as if it excuses anything.

If the whites brought the slaves to the Americas, and sent them an amusement parks. Do you really think anybody would be complaining?

What people are talking about is the unethical treatment of fellow human beings. What is so hard to understand about that.
Maverick

Tomball, TX

#3 Jun 29, 2010
Mumra, the blacks wouldn't have been slaves to begin with IF their own people ( other blacks) didn't capture and sell them.

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 29, 2010
Maverick wrote:
Mumra, the blacks wouldn't have been slaves to begin with IF their own people ( other blacks) didn't capture and sell them.
Ok. And the guy wouldn't have gotten shot if the Gun Manufacturer never made the guns to begin with.
So you agree with suing Smith&Wesson for each murdered person then right?
Timothy

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Jun 29, 2010
I guess these people forgotten that in many instances Europeans kidnapped black people on their own and then sent them across the Altantic (or in Europe).
lisa d

United States

#7 Jun 29, 2010
Black people really need to study up on the history of slavery in the U.S.

http://americancivilwar.com/authors/black_sla...

"In an 1856 letter to his wife Mary Custis Lee, Robert E. Lee called slavery "a moral and political evil." Yet he concluded that black slaves were immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially and physically.

The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country (or 4.8 percent of southern whites owning one or more slaves).

In the rare instances when the ownership of slaves by free Negroes is acknowledged in the history books, justification centers on the claim that black slave masters were simply individuals who purchased the freedom of a spouse or child from a white slaveholder and had been unable to legally manumit them. Although this did indeed happen at times, it is a misrepresentation of the majority of instances, one which is debunked by records of the period on blacks who owned slaves. These include individuals such as Justus Angel and Mistress L. Horry, of Colleton District, South Carolina, who each owned 84 slaves in 1830. In fact, in 1830 a fourth of the free Negro slave masters in South Carolina owned 10 or more slaves; eight owning 30 or more (2).

According to federal census reports, on June 1, 1860 there were nearly 4.5 million Negroes in the United States, with fewer than four million of them living in the southern slaveholding states. Of the blacks residing in the South, 261,988 were not slaves. Of this number, 10,689 lived in New Orleans. The country's leading African American historian, Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city.

To return to the census figures quoted above, this 28 percent is certainly impressive when compared to less than 1.4 percent of all American whites and less than 4.8 percent of southern whites. The statistics show that, when free, blacks disproportionately became slave masters.

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 29, 2010
lisa d wrote:
Black people really need to study up on the history of slavery in the U.S.
http://americancivilwar.com/authors/black_sla...
"In an 1856 letter to his wife Mary Custis Lee, Robert E. Lee called slavery "a moral and political evil." Yet he concluded that black slaves were immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially and physically.
The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.
The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country (or 4.8 percent of southern whites owning one or more slaves).
In the rare instances when the ownership of slaves by free Negroes is acknowledged in the history books, justification centers on the claim that black slave masters were simply individuals who purchased the freedom of a spouse or child from a white slaveholder and had been unable to legally manumit them. Although this did indeed happen at times, it is a misrepresentation of the majority of instances, one which is debunked by records of the period on blacks who owned slaves. These include individuals such as Justus Angel and Mistress L. Horry, of Colleton District, South Carolina, who each owned 84 slaves in 1830. In fact, in 1830 a fourth of the free Negro slave masters in South Carolina owned 10 or more slaves; eight owning 30 or more (2).
According to federal census reports, on June 1, 1860 there were nearly 4.5 million Negroes in the United States, with fewer than four million of them living in the southern slaveholding states. Of the blacks residing in the South, 261,988 were not slaves. Of this number, 10,689 lived in New Orleans. The country's leading African American historian, Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city.
To return to the census figures quoted above, this 28 percent is certainly impressive when compared to less than 1.4 percent of all American whites and less than 4.8 percent of southern whites. The statistics show that, when free, blacks disproportionately became slave masters.
Where does Jim Crow and Institutionalized racism fit into this?
OG_Sapien

San Po Kong, Hong Kong

#9 Jun 29, 2010
these dumb ass crackas are just tryin to find justifications for their actions just ignore them..

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 29, 2010
I'll break it down. I don't speak for anybody but myself.

Slavery - Completely wiped out previous history. That is pretty unforgivable. Mass Murder of millions of slaves during the Ocean Crossing. The raping/mistress making of slave women. So much that you have white dna in nearly 40% of all Black Americans.

Post Slavery - Racism and Bigotry. Klan harassing. Unsolved murders. Treated like less than human beings. Unable to vote. Hardly any education to better the masses.

60's - More Racism. More Murder. Civil Rights Era. Jobs an issue for Men. Relegated to servant roles for women. Only source of respect is entertainment.

80's - Somehow Cocaine finds it's way all the way from Columbia, to the inner city streets. Nobody seems to figure out how. Crack Epidemic. AIDS.
Timothy

Virginia Beach, VA

#13 Jun 29, 2010
That's their job. They cite a website and try to cover up the crimes of black slavery, Jim Crow and institutionalized racism. See, these neo-confederates forgot that the leadership of the Confederacy called black people inferior and continued slavery way into 1865. Jefferson Davis tried to desperately free blacks not because of any type social concern of them, but he wanted to use them for warfare. The Confederacy existed with mighty tyranny against people of black descent.

Also, like usual lisa d from TX should realize that tons of black people know about the complex history in America pertaining to slavery. The numbers and parameters of slavery are never a justification for it at all. It just puts the history into context like we should do in order to acculuminate accurate information.

Lee, in other words, regarded slavery as an “evil”—but a necessary evil ordained by God as the “white man’s burden”. Far from expressing opposition to the institution of slavery, the purpose of his letter was actually to condemn abolitionists. The letter was an approving note on a speech by then-President Franklin Pierce, which praised Pierce’s opposition to interference with Southern slavery. Lee kept slaves as long as he could and he critized abolitionists. Lee even had doubts on secession to form his notes from a letter (in January 23, 1861. He changed his mind later on to defend Southern secession). Lee believed in the mental & social inferiority of blacks. The second sentence of Mississippi's declaration says: "Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world." The Confederates tried to build a nation on the Cornerstone belief that all men are NOT created equal, and adopted a constitution that barred any and all laws limiting slavery in any way, forever.

Why do you neo Confederates try to brainwash blacks to be servants when we're not going to beg to embrace your warped depicition of history.

Level 3

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#15 Jun 29, 2010
For money and priviledges, to be helped to keep the power, etc. It isn't something strange, go even today in any country and propose some people to give them money and to help them become rulers over others- you will find some that will even agree to give you people to murder right there- even if they are of the same race, religion as them, or even if they lived around them for years.

But the fact is that no one should have proposed something like this in the first place.
James Corvis

Washington, DC

#16 Jun 29, 2010
Amelya wrote:
For money and priviledges, to be helped to keep the power, etc. It isn't something strange, go even today in any country and propose some people to give them money and to help them become rulers over others- you will find some that will even agree to give you people to murder right there- even if they are of the same race, religion as them, or even if they lived around them for years.
But the fact is that no one should have proposed something like this in the first place.
You're very sensible for someone so young.
Maverick

Tomball, TX

#17 Jun 29, 2010
Mumra, blacks enslaved their own people and sold them.

It is what it is.
lisa d

United States

#18 Jun 29, 2010
"What these records show is that the modern slave trade flourished in the early middle ages, as early as 869, especially between Muslim traders and western African kingdoms. For moralists, the most important aspect of that trade should be that Muslims were selling goods to the African kingdoms and the African kingdoms were paying with their own people. In most instances, no violence was necessary to obtain those slaves. Contrary to legends and novels and Hollywood movies, the white traders did not need to savagely kill entire tribes in order to exact their tribute in slaves. All they needed to do is bring goods that appealed to the kings of those tribes. The kings would gladly sell their own kins.
This explains why slavery became "black". Ancient slavery, e.g. under the Roman empire, would not discriminate: slaves were both white and black (so were Emperors and Popes). In the middle ages, all European countries outlawed slavery (of course, they retained countless "civilized" ways to enslave their citizens, but that's another story), whereas the African kingdoms happily continued in their trade. Therefore, only colored people could be slaves, and that is how the stereotype for African-American slavery was born. It was not based on an ancestral hatred of blacks by whites, but simply on the fact that blacks were the only ones selling slaves, and they were selling their own kins."
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/slavetra.htm...
YAHKHOV

San Jose, CA

#19 Jun 29, 2010
Maverick wrote:
Mumra, blacks enslaved their own people and sold them.
It is what it is.
There is, by far, alot more intricities to the the Pan-African Slave Trade. The civil contention amongst Africans were not an excuse for Europe to further exploit the situation to suit their own device. Along with wars within Africa there were casualties, and prisoners; even slaves but please spare us with your apathy because you want to suppress the inevidables; Europe's hot hand in the the merchandising of Africans.
Tim John

United States

#20 Jun 29, 2010
News Flash...Whites sold Whites into Slavery even in America!

"The Forgotten Slaves: Whites in Servitude in Early America and Industrial Britain.."

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/forgottensl...

News Flash...the entire continent of Africa was under colonization during the years of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, therefore Whites controlled the commerce there, they did not enter into true commerce with Africans... The told the Africans to bring them their strong or die and the White man would take them anyway...in return for the human wager, Africans were not enslaved themselves and giving the tiniest amount of food and supplies...

,..Whites lie about African-American history because they have the most crap to keep secret!

Like they sold each other into slavery, not the other way around...anyone with sense knows Africa was colonized which means the White controlled the continent! PERIOD!
Tim John

United States

#22 Jun 29, 2010
Whites sold Whites into SLAVERY EVEN IN AMERICA!

So they lie about African American history because like everything else they lie about..Blacks use to accept their lies...not Tim John:

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/forgottensl...

These are White scholars and authors, historians who dug up their own family history and discovered that WHITES SOLD WHITES INTO SLAVERY EVEN IN AMERICA!

,..The continent was COLONIZED by White countries, the Africans could not engage in commerce with the Whites!
Tim John

United States

#23 Jun 29, 2010
"The Establishment has created the misnomer of "indentured servitude" to explain away and minimize the fact of White slavery. But bound Whites in early America called themselves slaves. Nine-tenths of the White slavery in America was conducted without indentures of any kind but according to the so-called "custom of the country," as it was known, which was lifetime slavery administered by the White slave merchants themselves..."

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/forgottensl...

,.This is why it is important to learn as much as you can Black people, because White people will simply lie through their teeth

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#25 Jun 29, 2010
Another under-reported story by the American media is the ever-growing rate of violence in South Africa since Marxism came into power. The raping of white women in this African nation is now epidemic. Violence of every sort is skyrocketing. Adding to Africa's woes is the fact that another behaviorally spread monster is ravaging the land. The AIDS virus is now at plague status. The numbers of dead and dying are incalculable. It won't be long and the Dark Continent will be little more than a giant wasteland.

Every person of African descent living in the United States should fall on their knees and thank God they live in this wonderful country! Next, they should ask God to raise up Christian leaders in Africa that can lead their people out of this cycle of violence, immorality and disease.

Making America more like Africa is not going to help Americans or Africans!

The principles that elevated America to greatness will do the same for any other country. Nations that insist on ignoring these principles are doomed to reap the same bitter consequences, and all the foreign aid in the world will not prevent it.

By Dr. Chuck Baldwin
© 2009 WorldNetDaily.com

“ALL EMERGENCY SERVICES”

Level 2

Since: Aug 09

HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED

#28 Jun 29, 2010
Amelya wrote:
For money and priviledges, to be helped to keep the power, etc. It isn't something strange, go even today in any country and propose some people to give them money and to help them become rulers over others- you will find some that will even agree to give you people to murder right there- even if they are of the same race, religion as them, or even if they lived around them for years.
But the fact is that no one should have proposed something like this in the first place.
Good post......

I can't believe that blacks were enslaved or any other color people. How could another human do that to another and sleep at night. Damm.....I run over a squirrel in my truck and it bothers me....let alone keeping another human as a slave........definitely fcked up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This young black man is an Honors Student 2 min SlayWithTheTruth 9
1 million mummies found in Egypt with red and b... 3 min Paul 17
NEGROES -- what would be your preferred method... 4 min KIP 56
Why the homosexual initiations ? 7 min AirborneInfantry 7
Racists are not born, they're created 13 min lmao 33
How would you handle this spiritual warfare on ... (Feb '13) 14 min Holy Ghost filled 7
in the jungle the white lion sleeps tonight 14 min The Power Of Mast... 14
The real reason black men say blonde hair and b... 4 hr Just a Little Recon 265
IRBW And Their Fantasies. 5 hr IT IS I 635
BLACK MALES ARE THE MOST DELUSIONAL PEOPLE ON T... 8 hr SadButTrue 30
More from around the web