Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Edmonton, Canada

#1 Feb 27, 2008
Some of the books I've read claim that the Sphinx of Egypt has a Black face and that the ancient Egyptians were of the same race. Other books claim that Napoleon Bonaparte's soldiers shot off the nose of the Sphinx. Any more info. and can you recommend any books? Thanks.

Got most of my info from here:

http://www.amazingafricanbooks.com/index3_fil...
aliyah

New York, NY

#2 Mar 7, 2008
yes you know he was. the french cut off his nose, that was an african nose he had. the egyptians called their land Khemet, meaning black, but the white scholars say that they were referring to the soil being black.the egyptians wore wigs and braids, just as most every other african society.they depicted themselves in a mahogany/reddish skin tone, but the scholars say that tone wasn't the skin tone of african people, that they just liked to depict themselves that way. the greeks, arabs and european scholars distorted history and cut off Egypt from the rest of Africa.
Essence

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Mar 7, 2008
What do you think. Of course they have many other reasons why they shot of the nose of the sphinx. But common sense tells you that wide noses is an African feature. They also shot off the lips of certain artifacts....c'mon now, no matter how many excuses they make it's plain as day.

They also shot of the nose of other statues and artifacts.

“I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE FIRST!”

Since: Apr 07

25,000 Gee

#4 Mar 7, 2008
and the whiteman got his nose from the blackman since the blackman produced the whiteman.

he (whiteman)... just mad cuz he wasn't first... but he about to leave first.

“My Great Grandmother”

Location hidden

#5 Mar 7, 2008
aliyah wrote:
yes you know he was. the french cut off his nose, that was an african nose he had. the egyptians called their land Khemet, meaning black, but the white scholars say that they were referring to the soil being black.the egyptians wore wigs and braids, just as most every other african society.they depicted themselves in a mahogany/reddish skin tone, but the scholars say that tone wasn't the skin tone of african people, that they just liked to depict themselves that way. the greeks, arabs and european scholars distorted history and cut off Egypt from the rest of Africa.
The Sphinx of Giza was so black. Black as it could be. My charming black pet!!! Ha!
Mr Giblets

UK

#6 Mar 7, 2008
yes, and it wore Air Jordans until Napoleon cut them off, and dreads, and a silly rasta hat, shades, and was rolling a spliff. The cell-phone it had just stolen from a white lady was also knocked off by Napoleon. Also, you can see it was wearing a satiny set of track suit bottoms, and gold teeth grills.

and you people wonder why you are at the back of the queue! you don't show up as very bright, if you can believe all that stuff.

“My Great Grandmother”

Location hidden

#7 Mar 7, 2008
Mr Giblets wrote:
yes, and it wore Air Jordans until Napoleon cut them off, and dreads, and a silly rasta hat, shades, and was rolling a spliff. The cell-phone it had just stolen from a white lady was also knocked off by Napoleon. Also, you can see it was wearing a satiny set of track suit bottoms, and gold teeth grills.
and you people wonder why you are at the back of the queue! you don't show up as very bright, if you can believe all that stuff.
don't come back in the aa forum. peace out.
Essence

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Mar 7, 2008
Mr Giblets wrote:
You wonder why WE'RE at the back of the queue..hilarious! Egypt is in Africa & what u just described is modern AA's. Cell phones...c'mon now, you can't possibly make yourself look more stupid than you just did.
the_truth_be_tol d2006

Lawrenceburg, TN

#11 Mar 8, 2008
Mr Giblets wrote:
Dude. They really believe this stuff. Scary isn't it.
the_truth_be_tol d2006

Lawrenceburg, TN

#12 Mar 8, 2008
Mr Giblets wrote:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/140000/14015...
Egyptologist

Youngstown, OH

#13 Mar 8, 2008
I have a question:

Why are all the noses and lips, specifically, eroded away from so much of the AE iconography?

Why?

How do we know it's erosion?

The Sphinx also had a beard piece, which means its mysterious missing can't possibly be simply due to erosion.

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Auburn, WA

#14 Mar 8, 2008
Egyptologist wrote:
I have a question:
Why are all the noses and lips, specifically, eroded away from so much of the AE iconography?
Why?
How do we know it's erosion?
The Sphinx also had a beard piece, which means its mysterious missing can't possibly be simply due to erosion.
Erosion? Hahahaha.
It's strategy. Its for the same reason that you don't hear about the Indo-Aryan attacks on Egypt or the subsequent transatlantic dispersion to Turtle Island (America). It is because proud peoples are difficult to subjugate.
Mz Brown

San Diego, CA

#18 Mar 8, 2008
Piank wrote:
Some of the books I've read claim that the Sphinx of Egypt has a Black face and that the ancient Egyptians were of the same race. Other books claim that Napoleon Bonaparte's soldiers shot off the nose of the Sphinx. Any more info. and can you recommend any books? Thanks.
Got most of my info from here:
http://www.amazingafricanbooks.com/index3_fil...
Abthony Bowden: "Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization" any materials from scholars such as Dr. John Henrik Clarke, Cheik Ante Diop, Dr. Ben Jochannon just to name a few.
Mz Brown

San Diego, CA

#19 Mar 8, 2008
Excuse me type o Anthony Bowden
Essence

Las Vegas, NV

#21 Mar 8, 2008
the_truth_be_told2006 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude. They really believe this stuff. Scary isn't it.
And they also believed it too:

Gerald Massey, English writer and author of the book, Egypt the Light of the World, wrote, "The dignity is so ancient that the insignia of the Pharaoh evidently belonged to the time when Egyptians wore nothing but the girdle of the Negro." (p 251)

Sir Richard Francis Burton, a 19th century English explorer, writer and linguist in 1883 wrote to Gerald Massey, "You are quite right about the "AFRICAN" origin of the Egyptians. I have 100 human skulls to prove it."

Scientist, R. T. Prittchett, states in his book The Natural History of Man, "In their complex and many of the complexions and in physical peculiarities the Egyptians were an "AFRICAN" race (p 124-125).

The Ancient Greek historian Herodotus, who visited Egypt in the 5th century B.C.E., saw the Egyptians face to face and described them as black-skinned with woolly hair.

Anthropologist, Count Constatin de Volney (1727-1820),spoke about the race of the Egyptians that produced the Pharaohs. He later paid tribute to Herodotus' discovery when he said:

The ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood mixed for several centuries with that of the Romans and Greeks, must have lost the intensity of it's original color, while retaining none the less the imprint of it's original mold. We can even state as a general principle that the face (referring to The Sphinx) is a kind of monument able, in many cases, to attest to or shed light on historical evidence on the origins of the people."

The fact that the ancient Egyptians were black-skin prompted Volney to make the following statement:
"What a subject for meditation, just think that the race of black men today our slaves and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, science and even the use of our speech."
Essence

Las Vegas, NV

#24 Mar 8, 2008
Apollodorus, the Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."
Essence

Las Vegas, NV

#29 Mar 8, 2008
Now how they use their trickery:

A textbook intended for the middle secondary school we find the following sentence:

'A Black is distinguished less by the colour of his skin (for there are black-skinned "whites") than by his features: thick lips, flattened nose ...'5 It is only through these twistings of the basic definitions that it has been possible to bleach the Egyptian race.

Level 1

Auburn, WA

#31 Mar 8, 2008
Osibisa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Gibs, you're priceless!
Don't you mean worthless?
Osibisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they carved the sphinx to look like you.
Dude, you are ONE UGLY NEGRO!
Your Mother does'nt mind.
watitdos devil wrote:
<quoted text>
You gonna make em???? ha
That's entirely up to you and yours, Devil-boy. I'm sure most people of color would'nt really care... one way or another... if they had to go it without people like you.
Nat Turner wrote:
the spinx was indeed a white man,It was made by the so called black man(original man),as was the white man himself.See I had been philosiphizing that spinx is short for shpincter the azz hole.Word up ya all no joke Pece out
No. You're short for a sphincter, Azz-hole.
watitdos devil wrote:
Those who built it have been erased. Jungle savage head shrinkers, plate lips and blak monkey fuchers are next my lil negro cannibals.
Erased? What is that? Wishful thinking? Keep dreaming.
Cannibalism, huh? Not a bad idea. It'd be a shame to waste all that protein packed white-meat, now would'nt it?
Osibisa wrote:
Let the negroes have their smelly, diseased Egyptians. They have so little else to be proud of.
Ahhhh, finally sensibility has wrestled it from your grasp. You know white people had nothing to do with it's construction, anyway. Tired of trying to defend such an outrageous lie, huh. Well, good for you. Now go apply some more of that truth in the miniscule white member thread. There can be no help without admittance of a problem, bro. That's the first step.

Ya' damn Crack-head!
Nat Turner wrote:
Now look at here,where all the white womans be at?
Hidding somewhere. They smelled you coming.

You guys are trite.

Level 1

Auburn, WA

#33 Mar 8, 2008
watitdos devil wrote:
<quoted text>
You visit this zoo its amusing what lives these jungle cannibal savage decendents have. Still primitive and simplestic. They adore what I stand for. Crabs in a boiling pot of vomit. Thinking they can compete with the advanced races. Thank goodness we wrote the bible so that they may have some false hope. I pity the negro. But will rule them.
lol. Simplistic cracker ain't he?
A broskee

Youngstown, OH

#35 Mar 8, 2008
Like their weren't many European populations that were cannibals.

Hey, hey, I dare you LD (W D) to look up the following term:

the "Blood Eagle".

^It's a barbarian technique. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,419,810
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 2 min Niners Suck 83
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 7 min RMG EL Rey de Tra... 361
I wish my baby's father was white 8 min Bahama Mama 1
Poll Can Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton? 11 min RMG EL Rey de Tra... 361
Why do blacks claim North Africans as black? 11 min dcool 90
Poll Will Donald Trump be the next President of the ... (Aug '15) 30 min dcool 1,711
153 Years and Still Nothing??? 35 min LMBAO 51
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 40 min Moses 551
Interracial relationships. Who does it AFFECT?... (Sep '15) 1 hr Caramel Candy 63
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 5 hr LION 47,893
More from around the web