|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
The lesson is that if a person lays their hands on someone, busting up their face and slamming their head on the ground like a basketball, they forfeited their life due to their choice.
We live in a civilized society and a person isn't entitled to beat the crap out of a person just because they feel like it. Choose the wrong person and very well it will lead to a person being shot in self-defense.
Stand you ground is essentially about self-defense and self-defense is the justified use of deadly force. Plain and simple.
Double wow. YOU act like you were an eyewitness to what happened that night. Talk about sensationalism. Zimmerman hardly had the crap beaten out of him based on the paramedics' assessment and I still say he could have slipped and fallen and broken his own nose. It was raining and wet out. I have been posting to someone who lived in that gated community and according to her, the landscape there is ripe for slip and fall accidents. Bottom line, GZ had NO business getting out of his vehicle to follow Trayvon when the police were CLEARLY on their way to do THEIR job. What happened next is only GZ's version as a 17 year old is dead and will never be able to refute GZ's ever changing versions. As I said, his 911 call is incriminating enough. Just saying.
brownskin_beauty

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

HaHaha You people are truly funny, but, he won't get away with it some of the women who are mothers might sympathize with losing a child, they picked good people and I believe they will make the right decision

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to point out where on the arrest affidavit that they provided evidence to support that Zimmerman was racially profiling Trayvon, why they left out Zimmerman's injuries and what their evidence will be to support that Zimmerman was deranged when he shot Trayvon?
"Indeed, the claim that Zimmerman “profiled” Martin is at the core of the State’s laughably deficient affidavit of probable cause, the basis on which Zimmerman was arrested and now awaits trail on charges of having committed murder in the second degree. That affidavit, presented to the court under the pains and penalties of perjury, attests that:
Martin then walked back to and entered the gated community and was on his way back to the townhouse where he was living when he was profiled by George Zimmerman.
(For our expose of the travesty of justice that is the affidavit of probable cause, look here:“Zimmerman Trial: Evidentiary Flashback: Affidavit for Probable Cause–Count the untruths”)
Possessing a depraved mind during a killing is an essential element of murder in the second degree, the crime with which the State wanted to charge Zimmerman (click here for an in-depth explanation of Florida’s “depraved mind” requirement for murder 2.). Perhaps if they could prove that Zimmerman had killed Martin, even if only in part, for racial reasons it would be enough.
But where was the evidence? The State was desperate to bring a murder charge against Zimmerman, but how were they going to “sell” it without evidence?
Right then NBC News seemed to decide that they could throw the State prosecutors a helping hand. The network produced a version of the recording of Zimmerman’s non-emergency call to the police in which he appeared to volunteer, unsolicited, the fact that Martin was black.
The obvious implication: Zimmerman must be racist."
http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerman-trial-m...
You passed the bar exam and became a legal expert WHEN again? And just so you know NBC edited out a piece of incriminating evidence, imho. The statement that GZ made to dispatch that 'these a**holes always get away (not verbatim). A good attorney getting GZ on the stand would tear him a new one over THAT statement alone. Who are these a**holes he is referring to? The fact that GZ couldn't make the cut for LE and was on an assortment of medications is enough to cast doubt on anything he has to say, imho. Be careful there, k?
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
Double wow. YOU act like you were an eyewitness to what happened that night. Talk about sensationalism. Zimmerman hardly had the crap beaten out of him based on the paramedics' assessment and I still say he could have slipped and fallen and broken his own nose. It was raining and wet out. I have been posting to someone who lived in that gated community and according to her, the landscape there is ripe for slip and fall accidents. Bottom line, GZ had NO business getting out of his vehicle to follow Trayvon when the police were CLEARLY on their way to do THEIR job. What happened next is only GZ's version as a 17 year old is dead and will never be able to refute GZ's ever changing versions. As I said, his 911 call is incriminating enough. Just saying.
See my previous post re the probable cause affidavit. There's no evidence to support that Zimmerman was racially profiling Trayvon.

The trial is about Zimmerman and not about Trayvon per Allen Dershowitz per my link on another thread where he was being interviewed.

As I stated, there is nothing illegal with following a person.

All I have to say is if what I'm thinking about that probable cause affidavit is true, some people are going to have some serious answering to do. As the Sanford PD stated, they didn't have enough evidence to file a probable cause affidavit and Cory, herself, stated that in states that have stand your ground, there has to be even more evidence than in states that don't have it.

Crump still has to be deposed in that an Appeals Court ruled that he must be and regardless of him lawyering up and if he decides to not show up like he did before, he's out of luck.

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

*addendum*

The media (and other zealots on both sides of the issue) has made and continues to make a circus out of this whole case. The best we can hope for is that when the evidence is presented, the jury will render a fair decision. We will all just have to wait and see. Still sayin'......
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
You passed the bar exam and became a legal expert WHEN again? And just so you know NBC edited out a piece of incriminating evidence, imho. The statement that GZ made to dispatch that 'these a**holes always get away (not verbatim). A good attorney getting GZ on the stand would tear him a new one over THAT statement alone. Who are these a**holes he is referring to? The fact that GZ couldn't make the cut for LE and was on an assortment of medications is enough to cast doubt on anything he has to say, imho. Be careful there, k?
I didn't and had you clicked onto the article, you would have seen that it was written by an attorney at law.

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post re the probable cause affidavit. There's no evidence to support that Zimmerman was racially profiling Trayvon.
The trial is about Zimmerman and not about Trayvon per Allen Dershowitz per my link on another thread where he was being interviewed.
As I stated, there is nothing illegal with following a person.
All I have to say is if what I'm thinking about that probable cause affidavit is true, some people are going to have some serious answering to do. As the Sanford PD stated, they didn't have enough evidence to file a probable cause affidavit and Cory, herself, stated that in states that have stand your ground, there has to be even more evidence than in states that don't have it.
Crump still has to be deposed in that an Appeals Court ruled that he must be and regardless of him lawyering up and if he decides to not show up like he did before, he's out of luck.
No, there is nothing illegal about following a person but, since one party in this case is deceased and cannot refute GZ's version of that night's events, we have nothing but GZ's version to go on. As I said, the 911 call is incriminating, imho, enough. We also do not know if GZ taunted or harassed Trayvon in anyway or perhaps lured him into a confrontation. It is entirely possible and I base that on his comment to the dispatcher regarding the a**holes who get away. It may only be my opinion but there are many possible scenarios that could have contributed to this event's tragic outcome. Regardless, a life was cut short and people's lives (the Martins and Zimmermans) altered permanently over GZ's decision to basically ignore dispatch and continue to follow Trayvon.
Rain man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Black people say sun hot. White people say sun cold. Black people say sun is hot. White people say sun is cold.

Black people fool war dancing with white fool

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

As for Crump and the appellate court's decision.

'The justices set narrow guidelines under which the defense could question Crump. They can ask about the contents of the interview and circumstances surrounding it, the court said, but Crump cannot be questioned about why or how he tracked her down.'

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/06/04/App...

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't and had you clicked onto the article, you would have seen that it was written by an attorney at law.
Ok....you are assuming I didn't and that all attorneys always agree. They don't. Just sayin'.....
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is nothing illegal about following a person but, since one party in this case is deceased and cannot refute GZ's version of that night's events, we have nothing but GZ's version to go on. As I said, the 911 call is incriminating, imho, enough. We also do not know if GZ taunted or harassed Trayvon in anyway or perhaps lured him into a confrontation. It is entirely possible and I base that on his comment to the dispatcher regarding the a**holes who get away. It may only be my opinion but there are many possible scenarios that could have contributed to this event's tragic outcome. Regardless, a life was cut short and people's lives (the Martins and Zimmermans) altered permanently over GZ's decision to basically ignore dispatch and continue to follow Trayvon.
People that victimize and prey upon neighborhoods do get away but it doesn't mean that just because a person calls them a**holes, are going to go hunt the person down and murder them. I would think, if anything, he followed Trayvon so that if he turned out to be up to no good, the Police could take care of it but they can't if they don't arrive until after the person has taken off running due to response time. George asked how long until an Officer would arrive and in the mean time Trayvon took off running. Even with the best response time, they don't always arrive in time to catch the person and that community had just been vandalized/victimized prior to that night on multiple occasions. So I would say that if those people hadn't been found, they "do always get away". Only I wouldn't call them a** holes but more to the effect of S bags who prey upon innocent people and leading to the need for neighborhood watches. Unfortunately that's the society we live in in this day and age.
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok....you are assuming I didn't and that all attorneys always agree. They don't. Just sayin'.....
I never said they do.

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
People that victimize and prey upon neighborhoods do get away but it doesn't mean that just because a person calls them a**holes, are going to go hunt the person down and murder them. I would think, if anything, he followed Trayvon so that if he turned out to be up to no good, the Police could take care of it but they can't if they don't arrive until after the person has taken off running due to response time. George asked how long until an Officer would arrive and in the mean time Trayvon took off running. Even with the best response time, they don't always arrive in time to catch the person and that community had just been vandalized/victimized prior to that night on multiple occasions. So I would say that if those people hadn't been found, they "do always get away". Only I wouldn't call them a** holes but more to the effect of S bags who prey upon innocent people and leading to the need for neighborhood watches. Unfortunately that's the society we live in in this day and age.
I think GZ used poor choices of words throughout that 911 call and regardless of how many perps had evaded arrest up to that point, GZ put himself in grave danger (he had no idea what Trayvon had in his hands) by following him. IF GZ had been home and heard someone entering his home, he had every right to use deadly force but this was not the case. A teen was coming home from a convenience store with tea and candy and just because he appeared suspicious to GZ and there had been crime in that neighbourhood he should have called 911 given the dispatcher the location and a description and left the rest to people trained to handle those types of situations. Simple as that. Now lives have been permanently altered and a young man's life cut short for no good reason. It saddens me and I feel for ALL of the parties involved here. Everyone involved has lost something here.

“Handsome white and black men”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

aisling- wrote:
Funny thing about women in that if some person is acting suspiciously, and after a neighborhood has been vandalized and preyed upon, home invasions having been committed, some of us applaud a male who puts even himself on the line when someone is acting suspiciously, wandering around like they may be on drugs, and then, taking off running in the direction of the back entrances to homes.
But hey, that's just one White woman's opinion.
Women also don't like being chased after, especially by men with ahistory of abuse.
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think GZ used poor choices of words throughout that 911 call and regardless of how many perps had evaded arrest up to that point, GZ put himself in grave danger (he had no idea what Trayvon had in his hands) by following him. IF GZ had been home and heard someone entering his home, he had every right to use deadly force but this was not the case. A teen was coming home from a convenience store with tea and candy and just because he appeared suspicious to GZ and there had been crime in that neighbourhood he should have called 911 given the dispatcher the location and a description and left the rest to people trained to handle those types of situations. Simple as that. Now lives have been permanently altered and a young man's life cut short for no good reason. It saddens me and I feel for ALL of the parties involved here. Everyone involved has lost something here.
True that in hindsight he probably should have said what he did but honestly, I can understand that if someone is sick of their neighborhood being preyed upon and the ones doing the vandalizing/victimizing get away with it, people verbalize their frustration. But honestly, I don't think that it meant that he was going to hunt down Trayvon and make him pay by murdering him. And there are some people who don't hold back with their frustration so in some respects, saying "a**holes" is pretty tame.

One thing that occurred to me is that what could be a possibility is that Zimmerman said that Trayvon was in his teens, I believe, to dispatch. Very well, he on some level may not have perceived the same level of danger that he would have had Trayvon been an adult. So that very well may have played into his school of thought. I agree that he was putting himself in grave danger, as did dispatch I'm sure, and why I've always said that some people can be very unpredictable and things can escalate very quickly. But I guess that I keep coming back to the thought that hindsight is 20/20 but what if Trayvon had been a dangerous, hopped up on drugs or worse, and was out to do harm. Then, he would be considered one of those heroes we hear about.

So in all, I look at it as what led up to it was a string of events that factor into it and that culminated in a deadly shooting. I honestly don't think it was as dramatic as it's been made out to be and due to the media sensationalizing it. Hopefully, once the trial starts and they present the evidence/facts it'll take away some of the drama and give us an accurate picture of what transpired. What I would like to see presented are the GPS locations but last I read, they weren't handed over for whatever reason to the defense w/Trayvon's phone records.

What it all boils down for me is the shooting and was deadly force justified and if the accounts are indeed true, George was justified by using deadly force and which I feel he was.

True everyone has lost something and even if George is not convicted, he pretty much ended his life as he knew it, the moment he pulled the trigger and he'll have to live with that for the rest of his life. Whether he's behind bars or not.
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

*shouldn't have said, rather.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Zimmerman will be acquitted by a jury of his peers and walk out of the courtroom a free man. What transpires after the trial can be handled by the riot police, SWAT teams, and the National Guard. They are highly trained and fully prepaired to do their job.
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Women also don't like being chased after, especially by men with ahistory of abuse.
I know we don't. However, hindsight is 20/20 and it very well could have turned out that the person George noted acting suspiciously would have been someone intent to do harm to an innocent woman. As I've stated, it was reported that prior to that night, during the day, I believe it was, a woman had to hide upstairs w/her infant, in terror, because some POS entered her home from the back entrance/was making his way through her home while she waited in terror for the Police to arrive. He exited her home when the Police showed up. Had they not arrived in time, who knows what that POS could have done to that woman and her baby. And again, being that she was so traumatized by it, she had to move.

So not every person walking the streets is an innocent child eating candy and drinking iced tea. If you think so, you better guess again.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Risky jury service.
IMHO
aisling-

Galion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

*And while that POS entered her home from the rear entrance, his buddy or whatever he was, was at her front door.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Ashburn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••