Why do American Blacks think they're Egyptians?

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments (Page 105)

Showing posts 2,081 - 2,100 of2,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Not many of us think we're Egyptian. There is evidence that many (if not most) ancient Egyptians prior to foreign conquests were people who today would be called Black, and fifty years ago would have founded themselves subject to De Jure segregation.
But this no more gives me a reason to believe that I, most likely a descendant of West Africans, am really Egyptian (or descendant of ancient Egyptians), than the fact that classical Greece was phenotypically white (at least predominantly so) gives the average Euro-American grounds to believe that he's a descendant of Periclean Athenians or Spartans.
The "Black" groups in Africa are at least as diverse as the "white" groups in Europe.
A Black Egyptian 3300 years ago would have felt more kinship with a white or "mixed" Egyptian than with a Black from Nubia. A "White" or mixed Egyptian would have felt more kinship with an Egyptian who was Black than with white non-Egyptians in Greece or the Near East.
Similarly, white skinned Hellenes or Romans would have deemed it ludicrous if you told them they were to be lumped together with Celtic or Germanic people.
In a way these debates about the racial character of the ancients, and our possible descent from them, amounts to projecting our modern racial concerns onto to people for whom these concerns would have been laughably absurd. As W.E.B Du Bois wrote in DARKWATER, "The ancient world would have laughed at such a distinction."
Perhaps later generations will also find these concerns and obsessions laughable.
AnO

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Sadbutrue is a fictional character created in the demented mind of a racist propagandist. No single person could spew such lies in thousands of posts year after year. A high percentage of "her" posts are long essays which seem to be pre-formatted with a fill in the blank option.
Peter

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

pn2cladelover wrote:
<quoted text>
"Royals did not intermix outside of their own kind. They were inbred."
Q.how could we have a mixed ancient egypt then??????????
Royals aren't the biological parents of the general population. They can preserve their bloodlines by inbreeding while the rest of the population can be race mixing. Royals have been inbreeding forever. That's why so many of them had and still have disorders.
pn2cladelover

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't an opinion, I'm basing the facts on ancient evidence, they are the ones who base their claims on personal opinions. In the national geographic article they claim the reconstruction of King Tut is "The most accurate forensic reconstruction ever of ancient Egypt's Pharaoh Tutankhamun." like I said misleading. Similar cause they only reconstructed faces that show him white looking. Yes I did answer your questions, royals did not intermix outside their own kind.
3rd time asking

what do you mean by mixed ancient egypt??

simple question
Peter

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

pn2cladelover wrote:
<quoted text>
3rd time asking
what do you mean by mixed ancient egypt??
simple question
What does the general population biologically make up have to do with Royals? Nothing. Royals aren't the biological parents of the general populations. They inbreed to preserve their bloodlines.
pn2cladelover

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the general population biologically make up have to do with Royals? Nothing. Royals aren't the biological parents of the general populations. They inbreed to preserve their bloodlines.
you made a statement in a post that ancient egypt was mixed , i want to know why you think that.

did it start mixed , did it get mixed as time went on by????

i dont agrre it was mixed to dtart off with, the ancient egyptians were black african then became more mixed as time went on

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
HAH!
What YOU really mean is...'don't argue with "CURIOUS ME" because he will kick your ígnorant uneducated jággedy äss to tatters.
Well, too bad for YOU, because, be it politically popular or not, such nomenclature is still very much a part of a scrutinizingly organized system of anthropological classification.

HAH!

May I politely suggest that YOUR system of haphazard pseudo-classification(Black, White, African, European, Yellow, Red, or whatever) is anything BUT scientific and is actually rather laughable at best.

•••

Even the Alpha-Numeric nomenclature of strictly 'CLADISTIC' classification is somewhat less than fully accurate.

"::Commercial determination of ancestry::

New research in molecular genetics, and the marketing of genetic identities through the analysis of one's Y chromosome, mtDNA, or autosomal DNA to the general public in the form of "Personalized Genetic Histories" (PGH) has caused debate.

Typically, a consumer of a commercial PGH service sends in a sample of DNA which is analyzed by molecular biologists and is sent a report. Shriver and Kittles remarked:

For many customers of lineage-based tests, there is a lack of understanding that their maternal and paternal lineages do not necessarily represent their entire genetic make-up. For example, an individual might have more than 85% Western European 'genomic' ancestry but still have a West African mtDNA or NRY lineage.[179]"
trollslayer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't an opinion, I'm basing the facts on ancient evidence, they are the ones who base their claims on personal opinions. In the national geographic article they claim the reconstruction of King Tut is "The most accurate forensic reconstruction ever of ancient Egypt's Pharaoh Tutankhamun." like I said misleading. Similar cause they only reconstructed faces that show him white looking. Yes I did answer your questions, royals did not intermix outside their own kind.
The question was.... about mixed Egypt NOT ROYALS

Level 5

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?? Did you mean to respond to another's post? Don't know who or what this "jeff" is.
Child please. You are not fooling me.
pn2cladelover

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Afreekan wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah ,he does sound like jeff

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

pn2cladelover wrote:
<quoted text>
you made a statement in a post that ancient egypt was mixed , i want to know why you think that.
did it start mixed , did it get mixed as time went on by????
i dont agrre it was mixed to dtart off with, the ancient egyptians were black african then became more mixed as time went on
Well, too bad for YOU, because it most certainly WAS mixed before it ever started up.

There were permanent successfully settled Caucasians in North Africa 10,000yrs before there were any successfully settled People from sub-Saharan Africa.

Them BE the anthropological facts, and nothing that you may say or do will alter that fact.

By the time 'E-M78'Y-Hg had coalesced in Egypt, the 'E-M35'Y-Hg progenitor of 'E-M78'Y-Hg had already mixed in with the general Caucasian population of North Africa.
pn2cladelover

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, too bad for YOU, because it most certainly WAS mixed before it ever started up.
There were permanent successfully settled Caucasians in North Africa 10,000yrs before there were any successfully settled People from sub-Saharan Africa.
Them BE the anthropological facts, and nothing that you may say or do will alter that fact.
By the time 'E-M78'Y-Hg had coalesced in Egypt, the 'E-M35'Y-Hg progenitor of 'E-M78'Y-Hg had already mixed in with the general Caucasian population of North Africa.
no there wasnt, their was always blacks in north africa

example -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mushabian_culture
pn2cladelover

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Peter

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Afreekan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe whatever you want. I'm not "jeff". If you have issues with this "jeff" character, then take it up with him.
trollslayer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

pn2cladelover wrote:
<quoted text>
no there wasnt, their was always blacks in north africa
example -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mushabian_culture
Mushabian culture
http://www.google.com/url...

African admixture in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.google.com/url...

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this means anything.
Just what the hell are "caucasoid elements"? Why do you continue to use goofy terms that don't mean sh*t and then make-believe that they are scientifically valid and logically consistent?
Well, too bad for YOU, because, be it politically popular or not, such nomenclature is still very much a part of a scrutinizingly organized system of anthropological classification.

HAH!

May I politely suggest that YOUR system of haphazard pseudo-classification(Black, White, African, European, Yellow, Red, or whatever) is anything BUT scientific and is actually rather illogical and anthropologically inconsistent at best.

•••

Even the Alpha-Numeric nomenclature of strictly 'CLADISTIC' classification is somewhat less than fully accurate.

"::Commercial determination of ancestry::

New research in molecular genetics, and the marketing of genetic identities through the analysis of one's Y chromosome, mtDNA, or autosomal DNA to the general public in the form of "Personalized Genetic Histories" (PGH) has caused debate.

Typically, a consumer of a commercial PGH service sends in a sample of DNA which is analyzed by molecular biologists and is sent a report. Shriver and Kittles remarked:

For many customers of lineage-based tests, there is a lack of understanding that their maternal and paternal lineages do not necessarily represent their entire genetic make-up. For example, an individual might have more than 85% Western European 'genomic' ancestry but still have a West African mtDNA or NRY lineage.[179]"
jumpstart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you it was Egyptians but POST 525BC no Egyptian was ruler of Egypt for over 2000 plus year. They were All Foreigners from Europeans to Near Eastern and Asiatic types. The next Egyptian to rule Egypt is in the 1950s.
so before 525 egypt was all black no eutopean or asian influence.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

jumpstart wrote:
<quoted text> so before 525 egypt was all black no eutopean or asian influence.
No one can be as vapidly vacuous as YOU unless they'd just had a telephone pole shoved up through their nose.

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

AEgypt was a black Empire fo' so' whom ever wants to deny this fact is either racist or straight up ignorant !

Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

dcool wrote:
AEgypt was a black Empire fo' so' whom ever wants to deny this fact is either racist or straight up ignorant !
Highly implausible!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,081 - 2,100 of2,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••