Are you accused of "Selling Out"?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Jax

Ardsley, NY

#2 Apr 10, 2014
What's the best way for a brotha to attract white women? Acting white or acting ghetto?
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#4 Apr 10, 2014
Jax wrote:
What's the best way for a brotha to attract white women? Acting white or acting ghetto?
Last time I checked, "hoochie mamas "were a dime a dozen! Is that who you want to raise your offspring, and be your companion? Hummmmm, sounds to me like a lower class person that's only looking for a good time without any regards the consequences in the future.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5 Apr 10, 2014
Jax wrote:
How about just being yourself!

Level 2

Location hidden

#6 Apr 10, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I checked, "hoochie mamas "were a dime a dozen! Is that who you want to raise your offspring, and be your companion? Hummmmm, sounds to me like a lower class person that's only looking for a good time without any regards the consequences in the future.
That's all those hoochie hoez are good for, having a good time! I'll never take a uneducated, professional breeder seriously! No way in hell I would take a think like that around family!
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#7 Apr 10, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
Because you don't embrace the ghettorized culture, and you are not a thug.
Because you are trying every day to be a better person in life, and trying to become educated?
Because you don't spend all of your earning on sport shoes made in China for $3.00, and sold to you for $250,00 a pair. All of this is going on ,while some whine they can't find a job. Of course you can't, those sport shoes you're wearing cost you a job.
Are you courteous to the senior citizens and don't curse in front of them,because you grandmother is in their age group.
Do you worry from day to day, about what other races think of you?
Do you attempt to use correct English, or do you tend to "get down with the brothers", so you won't get accused of trying to "be white".
Have you yet learned that culture separates rather then skin color?
Do you love all Democrats, and will always vote for them no matter how dumb the person is that's running for office?
Do you try to associate yourself with all Africans?
Do you do any research for history on a college site, rather than try on a "black" site where so much of the "facts" are fabricated without proof?
Who was "first" in Montgomery Al, Rosa Parks, or Claudette Colvin?
https://www.facebook.com/PastAndPresentKingsa...
If you don't want to along with the rabble rousers, then you've sold out, according to the blacks in a lower class status.
I'm telling you not to be worried about the name calling, because the bottom feeders love to put you in a category in an attempt to hush you up ,so to speak.
Continue to do research on your past, keep getting an education, an it will bear fruit in the future.
Great post!

And now: how not to behave in a motel.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/20...

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8 Apr 10, 2014
I think the translation of the term "ghetto" may be a tad bit skewed. You can be "ghetto" and still be considerate. You can be "ghetto" and not want wall to wall sneakers in your closet. You can even be ghetto all while being a republican. h3ll, MOST republicans are GHETTO, in lifestyle & in mindset. You can be classy & still use occasional slang.

The reality is, being "ghetto" is not just subjected to just ONE RACES interpretation as to what "ghetto" is.

NOW, if you really wanna get into this, whites fit more of the description of being "ghetto" is than any race. In fact, it was whites who occupied the fist ghettos...
http://blog.oup.com/2012/04/first-jewish-ghet...

“Sleep is My Sanctuary”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#9 Apr 10, 2014
Yeah I've been called a sell-out since I was in grade school because I learned how to speak English properly, I loved to read, and I had a geeky obsession with classical music. For a while it bothered me, but after a while I realized that it was the haters who had the problem, not me. Why should I like rap music? Why should I pretend to talk a dialect that I have little experience with? Why should I fail tests on purpose? There is no reason to do these things.

Recently I've learned what an actual sell-out is. And that is someone who quite literally betrays their own kind to their own benefit. I have never done anything like that, so whoever calls me a sell-out these days is grossly uninformed and quite possibly mildly retarded.

Level 8

Location hidden

#10 Apr 10, 2014
Jax wrote:
Actually, history shows that "acting white" is what "acting ghetto" REALLY IS.

But to answer your question more directly: white women could care less on whether or not a "brotha" (as you put it) is "ghetto acting" or "white acting" just as long as he can take care of her @zz.

Level 2

Location hidden

#11 Apr 10, 2014
Jubilant Sleep wrote:
Yeah I've been called a sell-out since I was in grade school because I learned how to speak English properly, I loved to read, and I had a geeky obsession with classical music. For a while it bothered me, but after a while I realized that it was the haters who had the problem, not me. Why should I like rap music? Why should I pretend to talk a dialect that I have little experience with? Why should I fail tests on purpose? There is no reason to do these things.
Recently I've learned what an actual sell-out is. And that is someone who quite literally betrays their own kind to their own benefit. I have never done anything like that, so whoever calls me a sell-out these days is grossly uninformed and quite possibly mildly retarded.
You're right! They are the ones with the problem! Trying to be, as they used to say, "hip" it's not gonna get you anywhere!

“Sleep is My Sanctuary”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#12 Apr 10, 2014
dbiggs69 wrote:
<quoted text> You're right! They are the ones with the problem! Trying to be, as they used to say, "hip" it's not gonna get you anywhere!
Yep. Takes too long for most people to learn that.

Level 2

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#13 Apr 10, 2014
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
I think the translation of the term "ghetto" may be a tad bit skewed. You can be "ghetto" and still be considerate. You can be "ghetto" and not want wall to wall sneakers in your closet. You can even be ghetto all while being a republican. h3ll, MOST republicans are GHETTO, in lifestyle & in mindset. You can be classy & still use occasional slang.
The reality is, being "ghetto" is not just subjected to just ONE RACES interpretation as to what "ghetto" is.
NOW, if you really wanna get into this, whites fit more of the description of being "ghetto" is than any race. In fact, it was whites who occupied the fist ghettos...
http://blog.oup.com/2012/04/first-jewish-ghet...
They are not ghetto then. Ghetto (both blacks and whites) are trash. Everyone uses occasional slang. That is not the point either. Having wall to wall sneakers is not ghetto either. Ghetto is plain old lazy disgusting trashy people who can hardly speak so they are understood, constantly fighting, screaming in public like crazy people, wanting handouts, a lot are racist, blame their problems on everyone and everything else but themselves, constantly breaking the law and then whining about the police.

Of course whites occupied the first ghetto. But it's irrelevant. Ghetto has always meant trashy people of any color to me. Of course most people say ghetto=black and trailer trash=white.

Level 8

Location hidden

#16 Apr 10, 2014
silly trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not ghetto then. Ghetto (both blacks and whites) are trash. Everyone uses occasional slang. That is not the point either. Having wall to wall sneakers is not ghetto either. Ghetto is plain old lazy disgusting trashy people who can hardly speak so they are understood, constantly fighting, screaming in public like crazy people, wanting handouts, a lot are racist, blame their problems on everyone and everything else but themselves, constantly breaking the law and then whining about the police.
Of course whites occupied the first ghetto. But it's irrelevant. Ghetto has always meant trashy people of any color to me. Of course most people say ghetto=black and trailer trash=white.
Unless it is YOU who's the OP, I don't think you're in position to clarify what this person meant in light of what he or she deems as to what "ghetto" is.

Level 8

Location hidden

#17 Apr 10, 2014
You can set here and pretend that being "ghetto" is applicable to anyone irrespective of ethnicity but when "ghetto" is used to describe something, someone or someplace, the majority of the time it's used to describe something, someone or somewhere that's adjacent to Black people.

The thing is, Blacks used the term "ghetto" to describe ourselves...not necessarily always in a disparaging, insulting way, but jokingly. white people bein' all "JOE" (as they normally are) adopted (stole) the colloquialism for themselves. And now you have KKKrackas runnin' around callin' sh!t "ghetto".
itstillworksthou gh

Howell, MI

#18 Apr 10, 2014
my uncle is half black And he does not look black or hang out with blacks..

I think he gets called n word by some whites once in A while but RARELY and people ASk me why I hang out with him And his quarter black son because they THINK that these people Are full white And have no black in them..

Level 2

Location hidden

#19 Apr 10, 2014
silly trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
When people say ghetto they mean black people weather you want to admit it or not! Don't come with that whites can be ghetto BS! Whites are just as trashy as blacks, we just refer to them differently!

Level 2

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#20 Apr 11, 2014
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
You can set here and pretend that being "ghetto" is applicable to anyone irrespective of ethnicity but when "ghetto" is used to describe something, someone or someplace, the majority of the time it's used to describe something, someone or somewhere that's adjacent to Black people.
The thing is, Blacks used the term "ghetto" to describe ourselves...not necessarily always in a disparaging, insulting way, but jokingly. white people bein' all "JOE" (as they normally are) adopted (stole) the colloquialism for themselves. And now you have KKKrackas runnin' around callin' sh!t "ghetto".
I get that is what you define it as. I'm just saying it does not have the same meaning as it did back in the 60's to me and others.

LOL - you can't steal words or phrases. It's all up for grabs. The American language is a mixture of phrases and words from people that came here from many different countries. And different words and phrases appear all the time and are adopted (correct term) by people all the time. I am almost speechless. There are really people that think they "own" words???? Strange.

KKKrackas? really? You run around using the 'n' word too? So are you ghetto and/or racist?
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#21 Apr 11, 2014
Time for another class for the dummies!

"GHETTO", where did it come from?

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php...

" Ghettos

The term "ghetto" originated from the name of the Jewish quarter in Venice, established in 1516, in which the Venetian authorities compelled the city's Jews to live. Various officials, ranging from local municipal authorities to the Austrian Emperor Charles V, ordered the creation of ghettos for Jews in Frankfurt, Rome, Prague, and other cities in the 16th and 17th centuries.

DURING WORLD WAR II

During World War II, ghettos were city districts (often enclosed) in which the Germans concentrated the municipal and sometimes regional Jewish population and forced them to live under miserable conditions. Ghettos isolated Jews by separating Jewish communities from the non-Jewish population and from other Jewish communities. The Germans established at least 1,000 ghettos in German-occupied and annexed Poland and the Soviet Union alone. German occupation authorities established the first ghetto in Poland in Piotrków Trybunalski in October 1939. "

Class dismissed.
Style

London, UK

#22 Apr 11, 2014
I'm tired of these fools who equate 'speaking' English and reading books with being a sell-out.

Malcolm X spoke perfect English, Louis Farrakhan speaks exemplary English. Ditto for Nelson Mandela. They all are/were men of letters and I don't think any reasonable person would accuse them of being less-than-black or sell-outs.

MY definition describes a Mind-set of a person who has traded their core 'racial' beliefs and principles in exchange for White approval and validation. We might described these persons as a 'Race traitors'. The classic archetype is the Negro Bed Wench and the Uncle Tom.

The irony of course is: NO ONE LIKES A TRAITOR. The people they are working against hate them (obviously), and the people who they are working for also hate them, because they KNOW if you are prepared to sell out your own kind, then ultimately you cannot be TRUSTED...OR RESPECTED.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#23 Apr 11, 2014
The ones doing all of talk, general are bottom feeders,that are not going to progress in life. If you're around them 30 years from now, they will still be broke as hell, and still talking male bovine excrement! It's all due to culture more than race. The sub-culture that exists in some black neighborhoods, is the main cause of that neighborhood demise, yet the so-called "Leaders" will make excuses and say that you too are a "Sellout'. My advice, get as far away from the bottom feeders as you can.
Da color o my skin

South San Francisco, CA

#24 Apr 11, 2014
You blacks whine 24/7, but the truth is you just cant wait to get away from your own kind and live amongst the prosperity of the White man.

Your ridiculous claims of flying Egyptian negoes and advanced black scientists make you look pathetic and desperate. There's a reason that God cast the black skin curse upon your race. Quite simply, you cannot be trusted or believed. Good on God for marking you so that you can be identified on sight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,744,859
'Sperminator' many fathered 26 kids in Target ... 8 min Yisraelite Suprem... 23
Upvote if.... 13 min Tamale 5
U have to be naked to post on this thread 26 min Tamale 12
Poll is wentworth miller a quadroon or a white man? (Nov '10) 26 min Jav251 4
This black man just took a dump. 53 min SlayWithTheTruth 22
Noah could only have been a black man 57 min Redefined 15
Africa's Greatness ENRAGES the Alt-Right Haters... 2 hr Anonymous 58
"Demon possession" - Is it real? 3 hr THX Human Overlord 27
Troop, What Does White Pride Represent To You? 4 hr Barros 24