Bernice King: - African-Americans Are...

Bernice King: - African-Americans Are Still Not Free' 150 Years After Slavery's End

There are 298 comments on the KTUC-AM Tucson story from Aug 27, 2013, titled Bernice King: - African-Americans Are Still Not Free' 150 Years After Slavery's End. In it, KTUC-AM Tucson reports that:

The Rev. Bernice King says that 50 years after her father, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., delivered his famous "I Have a Dream" speech at the March on Washington, his dream is still a work in progress.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTUC-AM Tucson.

LION

Charlotte, NC

#171 Sep 2, 2013
so are any blacks going to support a black owned bank or black owned credit union this week?
LION

Charlotte, NC

#172 Sep 2, 2013
blacks come on here and talk a lot of smack but I actually have a solution

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#173 Sep 2, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, YOU are in denial when you claim that Dr. King is one of your heroes while at the same time spouting the racial stereotypes about his people which he certainly loathed.
He wouldn't recognize most of you.

He'd tell you to pull your pants up, speak English, stay in school, and get married before having kids.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#174 Sep 3, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
He wouldn't recognize most of you.
He'd tell you to pull your pants up, speak English, stay in school, and get married before having kids.
If you were familiar with the thought of Dr.. King, you'd know that he did and would recognize and Love MOST OF US. And looking at posts such as your he would also sadly observe that today, as in 1967, most whites practice racism as a way of life.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#175 Sep 3, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>If you were familiar with the thought of Dr.. King, you'd know that he did and would recognize and Love MOST OF US. And looking at posts such as your he would also sadly observe that today, as in 1967, most whites practice racism as a way of life.
Blacks are far more racists than whites.

I judge by character, not color.
Skiff Izlaam

Athens, GA

#176 Sep 3, 2013
Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, build up wealth then get more white women like Tiger Woods. Sounds like a plan.
Yeah, go ahead and do just that, when she leaves, she'll be taking all that black wealth with her.........Sounds like a disaster.
Skiff Izlaam

Athens, GA

#177 Sep 3, 2013
ONO wrote:
<quoted text>
You are proposing a fantasy of "design to fail".
You live in white America
You work for white dollars
You spend white dollars
You need white electrical services
You need white gas
You need white people.
White people will never let African Americans unite physically much less unite economically. Besides, every African American organization have been infiltrated by black covert operatives.
You need to grow up and realize it was black people that supplanted Denmark Vessey, Harriet Tubman, Malcolm X, The Black Stone Rangers, the Black Panthers, the NAACP and if you think Alley Oop or Betty Boop will allow their pluto democracy to be disturbed, you're crazy.
Alley Oop and Betty Boop have more money than all African Americans combined and will offer big bucks to a few African Americans to undermind anything. They will allow African Americans to go 1/4 of the journey but, they will never allow Africans to complete the trip. That is designed to failm.
Lastly, you have no idea of who's money you're messing with and they have been known to kill JFK, MLK, bring down the WTC, create wars and destroy countries with a snap of their fingers.
You need to grow up and realize who you're dealing with.
I have given thought about this, too. We as black people have some ways to go because we're up against white people who've created the Nuclear Bomb, Space Craft and other complex stuff. As a black man, I always pondered and marveled about the crazy shit the white man has done in the name of science. This shit will drive you crazy an this is part of their white supremacist apparatus of control. To have the ability to encode colors and program light takes some serious skill an I pray our sisters & brothers start to grasp this type of mentality.

The cavies are into Torsion Physics and other stuff they're not releasing to the public.

I agree with what ONO posted. Most AAs have no f*cking clue of what we're up against, these cavies are deep into areas of science that will drive you insane!
jazz

Toronto, Canada

#178 Sep 3, 2013
even obama will free you because he has nothing in common with real african americans who are decendants of african slaves. obama is the son of a white woman and an east african man who came to america just to study and then went back to kenya. american blacks are west africans and have nothing in common culturally with east africans. example : russians and italians are both european but don't have much in common besides sharing the same continent.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#179 Sep 3, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks are far more racists than whites.
I judge by character, not color.
In Fact, Blacks are less racist than whites. And your posts about Blacks--most of whom you know little--are themselves racist.
horsedrinker

Howell, MI

#180 Sep 3, 2013
yea man we ARe not free from obesity man.. `
horsedrinker

Howell, MI

#181 Sep 3, 2013
white man And his macdonald trumps buffets LOL...

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#183 Sep 3, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>In Fact, Blacks are less racist than whites. And your posts about Blacks--most of whom you know little--are themselves racist.
Savant, how do you know that? We both know there are racist jerks of all colors, but to make such a subjective statement as yours is really not valid without some emperical documentation.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#184 Sep 3, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Savant, how do you know that? We both know there are racist jerks of all colors, but to make such a subjective statement as yours is really not valid without some emperical documentation.
Agreed.

See post 182

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#185 Sep 4, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>In Fact, Blacks are less racist than whites. And your posts about Blacks--most of whom you know little--are themselves racist.
Sir,

it's very true and it has always amazed me when I became conscious of the horrific "achievements" of whitey history worldwide that a large majority of Black people are not showing a sour face at us systematically.

Not that the average Black person is taking long to see the prejudiced whitey even when they try to behave "nice".
Most Black people are open to give us all a second chance so to speak to distance ourselves with this "burden of the whitey man".

My AA mentor told me so many times how he has been confronted to white Americans who displayed prejudice at one moment or the other without thinking it was prejudice. That's why he says he is breathing better in Europe and in France in particular because he felt this underlying white ideology in a less pregnant way than in his own native country.

Once again the "smile" - rire jaune - of Chris Rock on this question with some images from the oh'really "good ol' days" :

a whiteboi

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Atlanta

#186 Sep 5, 2013
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir,
it's very true and it has always amazed me when I became conscious of the horrific "achievements" of whitey history worldwide that a large majority of Black people are not showing a sour face at us systematically.
Really? Do you not think all races have contributed good things?
El Lay

Hamburg, NY

#187 Nov 19, 2013
DreRob wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect your views....Reminds me a lot of what Booker T. Washington pushed for.
"At the bottom of education, at the bottom of politics, even at the bottom of religion, there must be for our race economic independence." Booker T. Washington
My motto has always been: The best way to reparate your ancestors of the past is through achieving financial freedom or economic stability today.
I couldn't agree with Mr. Washington more. He knew EXACTLY what he was talking about. The only way for blacks to achieve financial freedom is to get reparations from slavery. The Jews and Japanese-Americans got reparations after WWII. Blacks will never be "equal" in this society until we are at least equal to Asians and Jews. They outclass the Gentiles, do they not? After our sufferings, we should too.

Reparations would also narrow the IQ gap between blacks and whites. If every black person in this country got a sizable lump sum payment from the government, some blacks would piss the money away, but most would invest it into small businesses and education. Hence, smart blacks would have larger families, because they could finally afford to support them.

That's just an example of how money leads to respectability in the real world.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#188 Nov 19, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Savant, how do you know that? We both know there are racist jerks of all colors, but to make such a subjective statement as yours is really not valid without some emperical documentation.
I don't recall that the poster who said that Blaccks are far mor racist than white offered any empirical data. But you didn't challenge her.
In fact, there has been numerous studies over several decades which show that whites are more racist than blacks. Among other things racism is the bad faith choice of believing that one's race is superior or more human than another.
That attitude has been found far more often among whites than among Blacks. Indeed, there have been studies which show that more Blacks than whites believe in equality..
And recent Harvard U psychological studies showed that even negative reactions to Blacks by whites are more common than such attitudes of Blacks toward whites.

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Atlanta

#189 Nov 19, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall that the poster who said that Blaccks are far mor racist than white offered any empirical data. But you didn't challenge her.
In fact, there has been numerous studies over several decades which show that whites are more racist than blacks. Among other things racism is the bad faith choice of believing that one's race is superior or more human than another.
That attitude has been found far more often among whites than among Blacks. Indeed, there have been studies which show that more Blacks than whites believe in equality..
And recent Harvard U psychological studies showed that even negative reactions to Blacks by whites are more common than such attitudes of Blacks toward whites.
Can we both agree that racism from any group is wrong?

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Atlanta

#190 Nov 19, 2013
El Lay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way for blacks to achieve financial freedom is to get reparations from slavery. The Jews and Japanese-Americans got reparations after WWII.
The big difference is the payments went directly to the person wronged.

If there is someone alive that was a slave then I agree that person should get a billion dollars. Everyone eelse not alive then, nothing.
El Lay

Hamburg, NY

#191 Nov 20, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>The big difference is the payments went directly to the person wronged.
If there is someone alive that was a slave then I agree that person should get a billion dollars. Everyone eelse not alive then, nothing.
That's just passing the buck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JCPete 1,550,357
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 3 min Ronald 197
are white men inferior or not enough for their ... 3 min SKAZ WAZZLESNOFF 19
SadButTrue, I think I'm falling for you. 13 min Ttt 2
Dr. King Threatened China's National Security 24 min Savant 34
CNNs Van Jones calls Russia story a nothing burger 25 min El Rey del Mundo 6
black men i know why u bash ur women! 26 min Cigar Face 49
white ppl are always at war or preparing for war 28 min 2 Dogs 161
He feared for his Life 3 hr 9a43w62x 65
More from around the web