Is MONOGOMY Unatural??

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1461 Apr 22, 2013
The point is, as humans, we are all selfish to some extent.

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#1462 Apr 22, 2013
Capricorn Black wrote:
<quoted text>Yoga is a science.The missing 18 yrs of your so-called Jesus life was spent in India studying the same thing,Osho,Buddah and every other spiritual master taught.I dont have time to break down to you the number of breaths per minute and ow they affect your mind/consciousness.Youre still stuck in sunday school lessons,which is fine for your stage of development.You will wake up at your own timing.Right now you need a fictitious "God",like training wheels until you learn to ride the bike by yourself.
"Yoga is science,notareligion.Breathing and thinking are deeply connected, as if they are two poles of one thing. You also sometimes become aware, if you are a little mindful, that whenever the mind changes, the breathing changes. For example, you are angry: immediately the breathing changes, the rhythm is gone. The breathing has a different quality. It is non-rhythmic.
When you have passion, lust, sex takes over, the breathing changes; it becomes feverish, mad. when you are silent, just not doing anything, just feeling very relaxed, the breathing has a different rhythm.
This exhaling, inhaling, cleanses the whole body. When you exhale out and retain for three seconds or five seconds -- as much as you want, as much as you can -- what happens inside? The whole body throws all that is poisonous into the blood. Air is out and the body gets a gap. In that gap all the poisons are thrown out. They come to the heart, they accumulate there -- poisonous gases, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, they all gather together there."-Osho
actually it wasn't..the so called book of Jesus's lost 18 yrs conflicts with history and the dates are off and this has already been confirmed..Jesus is G_d and so he doesn't need to study anything because he knows everything..
meditation has nothing to do with G_d not existing..Christians meditate also..

Level 6

The Sequel

#1463 Apr 22, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>Im trying to keep our convo at an elementary level so we can be on the same page.The Earth's own electromagnetic field, deep space, and people in a meditative state are all resonating at a frequency of approximately 7.8(schumann resonating frequency).
"After learning Mathematics, which is Islam, and Islam is Mathematics, it stands true. You can always prove it at no limit of time."-W.D Fard
"Yoga is not a religion-remember that. Yoga is not Hindu, it is not Mohammedan. Yoga is a pure science just like mathematics, physics or chemistry. Physics is not Christian physics is not Buddhist. If Christians have discovered the laws of physics, then too physics is not Christian. It is just accidental that Christians have come to discover the laws of physics. But physics remains just a science. Yoga is a science -- it is just an accident that Hindus discovered it. It is not Hindu. It is a pure mathematics of the inner being. So a Mohammedan can be a yogi, a Christian can be a yogi, a Jain, a bauddha can be a yogi"--OSHO
When The Honorable Elijah Muhammad(A Prince Hall Mason) taught that “the white man is the devil” he was actually saying (in code) that the ego part of the conscious mind was the primary impediment (adversary/devil) to God-consciousness (Nirvana, Samadhi). The Asiatic Black man symbolizes the mind when in a state of trance.
Because trance sets in at a breathing rate of 7.5 breaths per minute, the Messenger taught (in code) that the Blackman had a 7 ½ ounce brain.
Jaz there will always be an exoteric religion for sheep like you that need santa clause,and esoteric sciences reserved for the adept.
yoga is a part of the religion..meditation is a part of your religion, it doesn't make it any less a religion nor is it the only religion where ppl meditate..a great deal of buddhism/hinduism is based on myth, not science..it's a reason you're only talking about meditation because you know a great deal of the religion is based on myth..

Level 6

The Sequel

#1464 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
The point is, as humans, we are all selfish to some extent.
I believe we all can and a lot of times are in fact selfish, but i also believe unselfish ppl exist...
Nomadic Prince

Saint Paul, MN

#1465 Apr 22, 2013
Nomadic Prince here, let me give you my two cents. I was born in a very old-style country. People lived in the countryside, herded goats, cattle, and raised chickens. Fresh eggs brown and beautiful from humanely raised chickens free of antibiotics. Fruits and vegetables not sprayed with pesticides and without gmo strain (they were grown with very old seeds which go back to hundreds of years before). To top it off, my great-grandfather towered over over his many herds like a exalted figure. He had 4 wives, but also had many other so called "concubines" he won raids so common in my country. In the Koran it says a man may take four wives, but he may also keep the captives his right hand won (raids and bride-theft, etc...) He was a shepherd amongst the people and had over 200 children. It may or may not be true. All I know is that my great-grandfather had many

Level 6

The Sequel

#1466 Apr 22, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
I did & while I agree with what ur saying, I still wouldn't apply us being self serving to every situation. If we applied this to humanity, none us would help anyone unless we knew we were getting something outta of it & I don't believe that is how we all normally think especially if we see someone suffering.
study proves we aren't always selfish..

http://www.alfiekohn.org/miscellaneous/beyond...
London

Memphis, TN

#1467 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
Every action has intent.
Everything, including charity, is done for a reason.
Some give to others becuase it makes THEMSELVES feel good or its the >>insert religion here<< thing to do therefore they will get into heaven...
If you love someone, there are reasons why. If that person changes, and you dont like the change...love will either be lost or changed. That is conditional.
smh @ these people. They dont understand Cap...
Actually for every action there is a reaction. For every action, there isn't always intent because sometime people can't give reasons for there actions.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#1468 Apr 22, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually it wasn't..the so called book of Jesus's lost 18 yrs conflicts with history and the dates are off and this has already been confirmed..Jesus is G_d and so he doesn't need to study anything because he knows everything..
meditation has nothing to do with G_d not existing..Christians meditate also..
And you are just as much a God as Jesus.Even your Jesus said that you and other pple would do "greater works than me".THat means you can do greater works tan this God that you think is greater than you(only because someone else told you its so).Any time you suppress whats natural it still finds its way out in the open.Christian couples who are dating have sex after bible study.But pray for forgiveness,which is an easy cop out.Deep down you dont believe that shyt Jaz.Why do you and your boyfriend hunch and grope each other while waiting for marriage top have sex?.lol.Those animal urges are hard to contain huh
London

Memphis, TN

#1469 Apr 22, 2013
http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/12/sc...

Another interesting article stating the invalidity of everyone being selfish. A need is NOT selfishness.
London

Memphis, TN

#1470 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been programmed.
Selfish is natural.
You've been programmed.
Selfish is unnatural.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1471 Apr 22, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>Im trying to keep our convo at an elementary level so we can be on the same page.The Earth's own electromagnetic field, deep space, and people in a meditative state are all resonating at a frequency of approximately 7.8(schumann resonating frequency).

"After learning Mathematics, which is Islam, and Islam is Mathematics, it stands true. You can always prove it at no limit of time."-W.D Fard

"Yoga is not a religion-remember that. Yoga is not Hindu, it is not Mohammedan. Yoga is a pure science just like mathematics, physics or chemistry. Physics is not Christian physics is not Buddhist. If Christians have discovered the laws of physics, then too physics is not Christian. It is just accidental that Christians have come to discover the laws of physics. But physics remains just a science. Yoga is a science -- it is just an accident that Hindus discovered it. It is not Hindu. It is a pure mathematics of the inner being. So a Mohammedan can be a yogi, a Christian can be a yogi, a Jain, a bauddha can be a yogi"--OSHO

When The Honorable Elijah Muhammad(A Prince Hall Mason) taught that “the white man is the devil” he was actually saying (in code) that the ego part of the conscious mind was the primary impediment (adversary/devil) to God-consciousness (Nirvana, Samadhi). The Asiatic Black man symbolizes the mind when in a state of trance.

Because trance sets in at a breathing rate of 7.5 breaths per minute, the Messenger taught (in code) that the Blackman had a 7 ½ ounce brain.

Jaz there will always be an exoteric religion for sheep like you that need santa clause,and esoteric sciences reserved for the adept.
yes babe keep dropping science :)
This is too deep for most ppl

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1472 Apr 22, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe we all can and a lot of times are in fact selfish, but i also believe unselfish ppl exist...
If you use the bad(true)definition of the word selfish, of course unselfish people exist.
But even unselfish people are motivated by things they want...desire...need such is human nature. Their actions are a result of this. Which makes them selfish. This is why I say, different levels and not all are bad.
London

Memphis, TN

#1473 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a study sometime ago by a university...harvard, yale, one of em.
selfish vs unselfish...egoism and altruistic study. It was concluded something like...
When people act “unselfishly” they still derive good feelings.
Act for the sake of deriving good feelings, they are indeed acting selfishly.
Therefore, so called “unselfish” actions are really selfish and when people act voluntarily, they act selfishly.
So yes...even if you see someone suffering. Im going to look for the study
But just because it feels good as a result STILL doesn't mean the motivation behind the action isn't unselfish.

Take sex for example (I know you and cap will enjoy this), there are some who will do anything if it means sex at the end of the day because they know that is a feel good return for them. There's plenty of people who only view success according to if they get sex after the action. However, there are others, who simply do what they do because they have a genuinine like for someone and will only deal with others they have a like for; if sex comes, they won't turn it down but there primary action was based on a genuine like.

Level 6

The Sequel

#1474 Apr 22, 2013
another study showing we aren't innately selfish..

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/08/is-huma...
London

Memphis, TN

#1475 Apr 22, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.alfiekohn.org/miscellaneous/beyond...
there's a distinct difference in selfish ppl and ppl that aren't selfish...cap is misusing the word selfish repeatedly...
more on this study..
"Psychologist Hoffman points to two studies showing that newborns cried much more intensely at the sound of another baby's cry than at other, equally loud noises. "That isn't what I'd call empathy," he concedes, "but it is evidence of a primitive precursor to it. There's a basic human tendency to be responsive to other persons' needs, not just your own."
Hoffman rejects biological theories that claim altruism amounts to nothing more than "selfish genes" trying to preserve themselves by prompting the individual to help relatives who share those genes. But he does believe "there may be a biological basis for a disposition to altruism. Natural selection demanded that humans evolve as creatures disposed toward helping, rescuing, protecting others in danger" as well as toward looking out for their own needs.
According to Hoffman, the inborn mechanism that forms the basis for altruism is empathy, which he defines as feeling something more appropriate to someone else's situation than to your own. The way he sees it, empathy becomes increasingly more sophisticated as we grow. First, infants are unable to draw sharp boundaries between themselves and others and sometimes react to another's distress as if they, themselves, had been hurt.
By about 18 months, children can distinguish between "me" and "not-me" but will still assume that others' feelings will be similar to their own. That's why if Jason sees his mother cry out in pain, he may fetch his bottle to make her feel better. By age 2 or 3, it is possible to understand that others react differently and also to empathize with more complex emotions.
Finally, older children can feel for another person's life condition, understanding that his or her distress may be chronic or recognizing that the distress may result from being part of a class of people who are oppressed.
Other psychologists, meanwhile, believe that you are more likely to help others not only if you feel their pain but also if you understand the way the world looks to them. This is called "role-taking" or "perspective-taking. " "When people put themselves in the shoes of others, they may become more inclined to render them aid," according to Canadian researchers Dennis Krebs and Cristine Russell.
When they asked an 8-year-old boy named Adam whether that seemed right to him, he replied as follows: "Oh yes, what you do is, you forget everything else that's in your head, and then you make your mind into their mind. Then you know how they're feeling, so you know how to help them."
Some people seem more inclined than others to take Adam's advice -- and, in general, to be prosocially oriented. Staub has found that such people have three defining characteristics: They have a positive view of people in general, they are concerned about others' welfare and they take personal responsibility for how other people are doing.
All these, but particularly the first, are affected by the kind of culture one lives in. "It's difficult to lead a competitive, individualistic life" --as we're raised to do in American society -- "without devaluing others to some extent," says Staub. So raising children to triumph over others in school and at play is a good way to snuff out their inclination to help.
It appears, then, that caring about others is as much a part of human nature as caring about ourselves.."
Excellent! Some people are selfish and some people aren't. Some are also confusing a need with selfishness in this thread, which is very bizarre.

Level 6

The Sequel

#1476 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
If you use the bad(true)definition of the word selfish, of course unselfish people exist.
But even unselfish people are motivated by things they want...desire...need such is human nature. Their actions are a result of this. Which makes them selfish. This is why I say, different levels and not all are bad.
two studies proves the opposite..
http://www.alfiekohn.org/miscellaneous/beyond...

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/08/is-huma...

it would be selfish if someone gsve charity just to be looked up to or just to look good, but who are we to judge the motives behind such actions?

Level 6

The Sequel

#1477 Apr 22, 2013
i wouldn't say selfish is unnatural or natural because it depends on the individual, but studies do show that we're altruistic early on in life and there are countless studies that prove humans aren't born with a "selfish gene"

Level 6

The Sequel

#1478 Apr 22, 2013
here's a third study that proves we aren't innately selfish..
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,859...

Level 6

The Sequel

#1479 Apr 22, 2013
yet another study proving we aren't innately selfish..

Level 6

The Sequel

#1480 Apr 22, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do N(EYE)GGERS fphckkk up our WORLD and are... 8 min Sarah 2nd Grade 3
Tommy Sotomayor 🦍 9 min Reymundo Mejia Gu... 16
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min Grey Ghost 1,621,014
Latino Men/Black Women (Mar '12) 55 min NewYorkHoney 4,261
Breaking News: Las Vegas Mass Shooting 1 hr bluestreak returns 482
Poll Which women are easiest to get into the bed ? (Jun '11) 1 hr FireFellow44 51
WHY do BLACKS move into WHITE NeighborHoods ???? (Nov '11) 1 hr FireFellow44 1,098
OOPS! Pre-Human remains found in GERMANY! 2 hr FireFellow44 42
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 4 hr YouTube matters 39
Can America Become 80% White Again? 5 hr Deanna 244
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 12 hr Djay 1,580
More from around the web