Is MONOGOMY Unatural??
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#1441 Apr 22, 2013
Why do some women dress provacative?Most of womens wardrobe these days is to bring out thier curves(show cleavage,make the butt look better etc). They know(sub consciously) thats what the man is looking for,so they hope to attract him with their body.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#1442 Apr 22, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>The outcome(as you say)would be "the end justifies the means" which you believe. You believe even if you decide to have children based on your own selfish desire to pass on your genes,that as long as the child is molded and raised with your thoughts and views,or the person you want them to be,that everything is good and "healthy". "Each man is rich in his excuses to justify his prejudices and instincts"-ancient kemetic proverb
Selfishness is about the motive/intent on the inside,not the outcome as you say.If i kill someone for money,the outcome is the murder/dead body,but my motivation was the money.Is that easier for you to understand it that way?
If you kill a man for money, you are indeed selfish but you are ASSUMING someone is selfish because they share the same desire for money. If we were all selfish, we would all kill for money. So we can see the outcome determine our mindstate as individuals. You can't label someone selfish off desires since our desires can also lead to prosperity, happiness or stability depending on our individual character. This kinda thinkin' is why so many PPL view sex as bad because it has been perverted by PPL who are selfish.

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1443 Apr 22, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
If you kill a man for money, you are indeed selfish but you are ASSUMING someone is selfish because they share the same desire for money. If we were all selfish, we would all kill for money. So we can see the outcome determine our mindstate as individuals. You can't label someone selfish off desires since our desires can also lead to prosperity, happiness or stability depending on our individual character. This kinda thinkin' is why so many PPL view sex as bad because it has been perverted by PPL who are selfish.
If your actions are a direct result of your desires, wanting for happiness or anything beneficial to you...that is selfishness.
As humans we are all selfish...we are imperfect.

Just as there are different levels of love, there are different levels of selfishness. One may kill for money (robbery) while another may kill for money via power(think politics)...another may not kill at all because while money is wanted...they dont have it in them to kill for it. Doesnt make them less selfish, just means they wont kill for money or maybe just not a killer.:shrugs: Depends on the person.

People that think of sex as perverted do so because of their religious or personal beliefs. Does that make them selfish? no. Imposing their beliefs unto others...does that make them selfish? yes. Among other things...
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#1444 Apr 22, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
Your desires are selfish still.Thats my point.Youre naturally selfish,like an animal.Only youre wearing a monkey suit when you go to work and bring home the bacon.What monkey suit you have on today?Wal-mart,Mcdonalds,Sprin t,BMW? etc.Like an animal you must eat. You go to work to eat.Men choose to go to school,or get a trade to get better wages,to attract better looking females,to have children with better genes.Very basic animal instincts.

"pleasure makes people cunning,deceptive"--Osho
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#1445 Apr 22, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just the point..a lot of what OSHO believed and a lot of what your believe isn't based on science, it's religion just like any other religion you just think yours is better just like everyone else believed theres is absolute truth.
The science of the mind existed with G-d like everything else did before He spoke it..
You can't prove you weren't created by a G-d, you can't prove you are a god..
Im trying to keep our convo at an elementary level so we can be on the same page.The Earth's own electromagnetic field, deep space, and people in a meditative state are all resonating at a frequency of approximately 7.8(schumann resonating frequency).

"After learning Mathematics, which is Islam, and Islam is Mathematics, it stands true. You can always prove it at no limit of time."-W.D Fard

"Yoga is not a religion-remember that. Yoga is not Hindu, it is not Mohammedan. Yoga is a pure science just like mathematics, physics or chemistry. Physics is not Christian physics is not Buddhist. If Christians have discovered the laws of physics, then too physics is not Christian. It is just accidental that Christians have come to discover the laws of physics. But physics remains just a science. Yoga is a science -- it is just an accident that Hindus discovered it. It is not Hindu. It is a pure mathematics of the inner being. So a Mohammedan can be a yogi, a Christian can be a yogi, a Jain, a bauddha can be a yogi"--OSHO

When The Honorable Elijah Muhammad(A Prince Hall Mason) taught that “the white man is the devil” he was actually saying (in code) that the ego part of the conscious mind was the primary impediment (adversary/devil) to God-consciousness (Nirvana, Samadhi). The Asiatic Black man symbolizes the mind when in a state of trance.

Because trance sets in at a breathing rate of 7.5 breaths per minute, the Messenger taught (in code) that the Blackman had a 7 ½ ounce brain.

Jaz there will always be an exoteric religion for sheep like you that need santa clause,and esoteric sciences reserved for the adept.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#1446 Apr 22, 2013
Religious pple like Jaz and london hate this topic because it peels thier mask off.

"They would like to destroy me the way they destroyed Jesus, the way they destroyed Socrates, the way they destroyed Mansoor. They would like to destroy me too, because once they have crucified me they will be at ease again. Again they are beautiful because there is nobody to reflect them. The mirror is no more there, so they can believe in whatsoever they want to believe.Religiousness is sensitivity, it is awareness. How can you become more sensitive by going to a church and listening to some stupid priest or minister who knows nothing, who lives almost as double a life as you live, in fact even more, who wears thicker masks than you are wearing? Your masks are thin; sometimes your real faces even show. Your masks are very thin. But the priest, the saint, the rabbi, the pope, has to wear a very thick mask. He has to believe in himself and he has to live a double kind of life -- one at the front door, one at the back door. And the front door life is just hypocrisy -- he knows it.

That's why every so-called religious person feels guilty -- guilty because he knows that he is doing something wrong, but he cannot stop doing it because that something wrong is wrong only because others say it is wrong. He has not experienced its wrongness. He does not know on his own what is right and what is wrong. He has no light of his own. He has believed others that this is wrong, but his own biology says that this is right. NOW he 1S m a jam, a real jam. If he follows his natural instinct, guilt arises that "I am doing something wrong.If you do what should be done, what is told by the others, then your nature suffers. Then you have to repress, and nothing that is repressed is going to remain repressed forever. It will assert itself again and again, it will start surfacing, because it is accumulating momentum, energy."--Osho

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#1447 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
If your actions are a direct result of your desires, wanting for happiness or anything beneficial to you...that is selfishness.
As humans we are all selfish...we are imperfect.
Just as there are different levels of love, there are different levels of selfishness. One may kill for money (robbery) while another may kill for money via power(think politics)...another may not kill at all because while money is wanted...they dont have it in them to kill for it. Doesnt make them less selfish, just means they wont kill for money or maybe just not a killer.:shrugs: Depends on the person.
People that think of sex as perverted do so because of their religious or personal beliefs. Does that make them selfish? no. Imposing their beliefs unto others...does that make them selfish? yes. Among other things...
PPL who extend their own happiness to others....would you also label them selfish??
London

Memphis, TN

#1448 Apr 22, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
Why do some women dress provacative?Most of womens wardrobe these days is to bring out thier curves(show cleavage,make the butt look better etc). They know(sub consciously) thats what the man is looking for,so they hope to attract him with their body.
There's men looking the woman doesn't want, so that crosses out your theory. Attention is nice but that doesn't mean every move someone makes they are looking for attention ..if that's the case you wouldn't see so many folks, both men and women, looking a hot mess.

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#1449 Apr 22, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>Your desires are selfish still.Thats my point.Youre naturally selfish,like an animal.Only youre wearing a monkey suit when you go to work and bring home the bacon.What monkey suit you have on today?Wal-mart,Mcdonalds,Sprin t,BMW? etc.Like an animal you must eat. You go to work to eat.Men choose to go to school,or get a trade to get better wages,to attract better looking females,to have children with better genes.Very basic animal instincts.
"pleasure makes people cunning,deceptive"--Osho
I have already acknowledged ur point a few comments ago.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1450 Apr 22, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
PPL who extend their own happiness to others....would you also label them selfish??
They are "extending their own happiness to others" for a reason.
See my charity explanation.
No one does something for nothing.
Being selfish isnt bad....its how you survive.
The ones who go overboard & hurt others in the process has given selfishness a bad name. Like I said, there are different levels.

Level 8

Orlando, FL

#1451 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones who go overboard & hurt others in the process has given selfishness a bad name. Like I said, there are different levels.
I did & while I agree with what ur saying, I still wouldn't apply us being self serving to every situation. If we applied this to humanity, none us would help anyone unless we knew we were getting something outta of it & I don't believe that is how we all normally think especially if we see someone suffering.
London

Memphis, TN

#1452 Apr 22, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>Thats what i thought,no answer.
Dont try to dodge the question.Is love as you say "putting others first before your wants",if so,why do you decide who to love based on your own selfish personal desires? You exclude those and dont love those who dont fit your personal desires.Obviously youre not "putting others first before your wants".
I know you see the contradiction.
When speaking about conditional and unconditional love, embedded in that is the understanding we are only speaking about those we love to begin with. Its obtuse to railroad the discussion to speaking about those we don't even know sir.
London

Memphis, TN

#1453 Apr 22, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Selfish is bad. How bad is a whole different question but selfishness is not good. And there are people who do things for no other reason other than they can. There are some who give to charity and don't want there name known because it's not important to them. There are lots of people who give and want absolutely nothing back in return.
London

Memphis, TN

#1454 Apr 22, 2013
Having a need isn't selfish. Some are actually believing having a need is selfish. So needing a drink of water is selfish? That makes no sense.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1455 Apr 22, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
I did & while I agree with what ur saying, I still wouldn't apply us being self serving to every situation. If we applied this to humanity, none us would help anyone unless we knew we were getting something outta of it & I don't believe that is how we all normally think especially if we see someone suffering.
There was a study sometime ago by a university...harvard, yale, one of em.
selfish vs unselfish...egoism and altruistic study. It was concluded something like...

When people act “unselfishly” they still derive good feelings.
Act for the sake of deriving good feelings, they are indeed acting selfishly.
Therefore, so called “unselfish” actions are really selfish and when people act voluntarily, they act selfishly.

So yes...even if you see someone suffering. Im going to look for the study

Level 6

Location hidden

#1456 Apr 22, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
Selfish is bad. How bad is a whole different question but selfishness is not good. And there are people who do things for no other reason other than they can. There are some who give to charity and don't want there name known because it's not important to them. There are lots of people who give and want absolutely nothing back in return.
You've been programmed.
Selfish is natural.

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#1457 Apr 22, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
this pretty much proves cap is wrong.

"Do we help just to feel pleased with ourselves or to avoid guilt? The obvious way to test this, Batson argues, is to see how we feel after learning that "someone else" has come to a victim's aid. If we really cared only about patting ourselves on the back (or escaping twinges of guilt), we would insist on being the rescuer. But sometimes we are concerned only to make sure that the person who needs help gets it, regardless of who does the helping. That suggests a truly altruistic motivation.

Pretend you are one of the subjects in a brand-new study of Batson's. You are told that by performing well on a game with numbers, you might be able to help someone else (whose voice you've just heard) avoid mild but unpleasant electric shocks. A little later, you're informed that the person won't be receiving shocks after all. How do you feel? Batson found that many subjects were pleased even though they personally didn't get the chance to do the good deed.

Batson, incidentally, used to assume that we help others primarily to benefit ourselves. But after a decade of studying emphathic response to distress, he's changed his mind. "I feel like the bulk of the evidence points in the direction of the existence of altruism," he says.

If we're naturally selfish, who does helping behavior start so early in life? At the age of 10 to 14 months, a baby will often look upset when someone else falls down or cries. Obviously made unhappy by another person's unhappiness, the child may seek solace in the mother's lap. In the second year, the child will begin comforting in a rudimentary way, such as by patting the head of someone who seems to be in pain. "The frequency (of this behavior) will vary, but most kids will do it sometimes," says Eisenberg.

By the time children are 3 or 4, prosocial behavior is common. One group of researchers videotaped 26 3-to-5-year-olds during 30 hours of free play and recorded about 1,200 acts of sharing, helping, comforting and cooperating. Children can be selfish and mean, too, of course, but there's no reason to think that these characteristics are more common or "natural" than their prosocial inclinations."
http://www.alfiekohn.org/miscellaneous/beyond...

.there is a distinct difference between selfish ppl and ppl who aren't selfish, although there are more complex situations where we cannot judge whether or not someone has selfish motives...

Level 6

The Sequel

#1458 Apr 22, 2013
London wrote:
Having a need isn't selfish. Some are actually believing having a need is selfish. So needing a drink of water is selfish? That makes no sense.
http://www.alfiekohn.org/misce llaneous/beyondselfishness.htm
there's a distinct difference in selfish ppl and ppl that aren't selfish...cap is misusing the word selfish repeatedly...
more on this study..
"Psychologist Hoffman points to two studies showing that newborns cried much more intensely at the sound of another baby's cry than at other, equally loud noises. "That isn't what I'd call empathy," he concedes, "but it is evidence of a primitive precursor to it. There's a basic human tendency to be responsive to other persons' needs, not just your own."
Hoffman rejects biological theories that claim altruism amounts to nothing more than "selfish genes" trying to preserve themselves by prompting the individual to help relatives who share those genes. But he does believe "there may be a biological basis for a disposition to altruism. Natural selection demanded that humans evolve as creatures disposed toward helping, rescuing, protecting others in danger" as well as toward looking out for their own needs.
According to Hoffman, the inborn mechanism that forms the basis for altruism is empathy, which he defines as feeling something more appropriate to someone else's situation than to your own. The way he sees it, empathy becomes increasingly more sophisticated as we grow. First, infants are unable to draw sharp boundaries between themselves and others and sometimes react to another's distress as if they, themselves, had been hurt.
By about 18 months, children can distinguish between "me" and "not-me" but will still assume that others' feelings will be similar to their own. That's why if Jason sees his mother cry out in pain, he may fetch his bottle to make her feel better. By age 2 or 3, it is possible to understand that others react differently and also to empathize with more complex emotions.
Finally, older children can feel for another person's life condition, understanding that his or her distress may be chronic or recognizing that the distress may result from being part of a class of people who are oppressed.
Other psychologists, meanwhile, believe that you are more likely to help others not only if you feel their pain but also if you understand the way the world looks to them. This is called "role-taking" or "perspective-taking. " "When people put themselves in the shoes of others, they may become more inclined to render them aid," according to Canadian researchers Dennis Krebs and Cristine Russell.
When they asked an 8-year-old boy named Adam whether that seemed right to him, he replied as follows: "Oh yes, what you do is, you forget everything else that's in your head, and then you make your mind into their mind. Then you know how they're feeling, so you know how to help them."
Some people seem more inclined than others to take Adam's advice -- and, in general, to be prosocially oriented. Staub has found that such people have three defining characteristics: They have a positive view of people in general, they are concerned about others' welfare and they take personal responsibility for how other people are doing.
All these, but particularly the first, are affected by the kind of culture one lives in. "It's difficult to lead a competitive, individualistic life" --as we're raised to do in American society -- "without devaluing others to some extent," says Staub. So raising children to triumph over others in school and at play is a good way to snuff out their inclination to help.
It appears, then, that caring about others is as much a part of human nature as caring about ourselves.."

Level 6

The Sequel

#1459 Apr 22, 2013
http://www.alfiekohn.org/miscellaneous/beyond...

as i was saying in my previous post, cap is misusing the word selfish..

Level 6

The Sequel

#1460 Apr 22, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
Religious pple like Jaz and london hate this topic because it peels thier mask off.
"They would like to destroy me the way they destroyed Jesus, the way they destroyed Socrates, the way they destroyed Mansoor. They would like to destroy me too, because once they have crucified me they will be at ease again. Again they are beautiful because there is nobody to reflect them. The mirror is no more there, so they can believe in whatsoever they want to believe.Religiousness is sensitivity, it is awareness. How can you become more sensitive by going to a church and listening to some stupid priest or minister who knows nothing, who lives almost as double a life as you live, in fact even more, who wears thicker masks than you are wearing? Your masks are thin; sometimes your real faces even show. Your masks are very thin. But the priest, the saint, the rabbi, the pope, has to wear a very thick mask. He has to believe in himself and he has to live a double kind of life -- one at the front door, one at the back door. And the front door life is just hypocrisy -- he knows it.
That's why every so-called religious person feels guilty -- guilty because he knows that he is doing something wrong, but he cannot stop doing it because that something wrong is wrong only because others say it is wrong. He has not experienced its wrongness. He does not know on his own what is right and what is wrong. He has no light of his own. He has believed others that this is wrong, but his own biology says that this is right. NOW he 1S m a jam, a real jam. If he follows his natural instinct, guilt arises that "I am doing something wrong.If you do what should be done, what is told by the others, then your nature suffers. Then you have to repress, and nothing that is repressed is going to remain repressed forever. It will assert itself again and again, it will start surfacing, because it is accumulating momentum, energy."--Osho
if i hated the topic i would simply leave..the only person who keeps bringing up religion is you and you were the first to bring up religion because you are religious..you just don't want to see it that way because it bothers you to think of what you believe as a religion..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Blacks Are The Real Jews (May '08) 42 min MICHA 3,237
Why are black women so unattractive? (Aug '15) 1 hr sexysnowbunny 68
Esau is NOT the white man! (Aug '14) 1 hr Jonny 417
Poll Why would Tiger Woods deny being Black or AA? (May '09) 2 hr Rebel 31
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 hr Africanamericangirl 136,926
Poll Do You Think Beyonce/Jay-Z marrage Will Last? 2 hr Brandy trujillo 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,497,479
Why Are White Women Adopting Black Babies? 3 hr WHITE POWER 4 EVER 47
Got into it with the cafeteria worker this morning 3 hr WHITE POWER 4 EVER 26
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 4 hr The Power Of Mast... 1,110
What Exactly Is a "Good" Black Man? 5 hr TRUMPS WHITE SOLDIER 50
More from around the web