Carmiana wrote:
Wait, what is monogamy again?
are u ok?

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2396 May 2, 2013
LOLOL!!!!

I guess this KKKlown THINKS that I'm on "front street" because I'm now on one of the many countless threads that have slid out his stupid, moronic @zz.

N!**a, you'll be like Zab Judah was last weekend, gettin' your Brooklyn @zz beat by a Philly
n!**a...WHILE IN BROOKLYN.

Fcukin' SNITCH!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2400 May 2, 2013
Carmiana, Lls!!!:)
observer2

Anonymous Proxy

#2401 May 2, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>We dont listen to what you rain bow bright sock,micro braid wearing h0e n//ggaz like you listen to where im from.You a fck boy.You still havent explained what you meant by telling a male poster "id throw my panties at you,if i where a women,no homo"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-lsFZH5MhwUXX
explain yourself fck boy.You on front street now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_homo

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2403 May 2, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>Snitch?Aint that somthin?It was you callling out someones real name yesterday in something you had nothing to do with.You what they call a "dry snitch"on the street. You snitch for nothing.fck n//gga.Why you keep avoiding explaining your "throwing your panties at another man" comment?You claim you gave us a reason on the Bands thread,but we never got it.Nows your chanceon front street.
Look here, fcuk n!**a, the only one on "front street" here is YOU! But check it...no one placed you there BUT YOU.

YOU were the one that got on the mic and told the WORLD WIDE WEB that you intended on impregnating a married woman of THREE CHILDREN in order to make yourselk look like "A Pimp Named Slickback".

What's even more fcuked up is that you actually managed to sear your own conscience and convince yourself that something like this was actually kosher!

B!tch, you need to be put down like the filthy, ravenous, foamy mouthed mutt you really are!

You a SNITCH and a B!TCH. And when I say "B!TCH", I mean that LITERALLY!!

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#2404 May 2, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I pretty much agree. I think though however, when we actually take a look at both in detail, they end up being completely different. Selfishness winds up being completely different from self interest once looked at closely. They are truly only the same in the regard for self but how/why they move ends up being totally opposite the other imo.
I guess i can kinda see what you mean..
London wrote:
<quoted text>And those selfish people aren't good people when it comes down to it. I've known and been involved with many to know, at the end of the day, they aren't about anything but themselves. It's weirdness to them imo. It's something screwy with the wiring in their brain or something.
I agree..ppl who are selfish are usually that way due to lack of love and attention..without going into detail i personally know a couple of ppl like that..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2405 May 2, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you have posted deters me from my stance.
keep your stance, but realize you're in the wrong; incorrect..
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text> You are right, we have already been over this.
I already explained to you what without regard for consequences to others means. You just cant grasp it.
When you say "exaggerated self interest" is that you admitting that there is a GOOD and a BAD self interest? If so, then its the same as selfish...we agree and your bytchin for nothing. If not...well....you contradicted yourself again :)
Your examples, like "In your self interest for everyone to be happy" is the same thing I posted already...I posted a definition, link and a similar example that showed that this form of self interest is also selfish. Remember when I said "It even has a example about charity!"?
Sometime I think the blind don't want to see.
no i fully understand the meaning of self interest it's only you refusing to see the distinction between it and the word selfish..self interest in itself isn't unhealthy or bad, but "exaggerated" self interest is no longer self interest it's selfishness being disguised as self interest and i've already said this several times a few pages ago..ppl can be selfish and justify it by identifying it as self interest..I did not contradict and i've shown you many links NOT BLOGS that prove you're wrong..
No your example of charity was, if i remember correctly, about selfish altruism not self interest and as far as the blind goes you're preaching to yourself not me..

This is not a blog: http://www.presspublications.com/opinionscolu...
This is not a blog: http://philosophy.lander.edu/ethics/egoism.ht...
This i not a blog: http://www.studymafia.com/what-is-the-differe...
This is not a blog: http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/line-betw...
THis is not a blog: http://www.thedailybell.com/2590/Selfishness-...

Level 6

The Sequel

#2406 May 2, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
The writer doest say that. The writer never said or implied that we can not determine if selfish or selfinterest is the reason behind a persons actions. The writer said that there is no way to tell if the persons intentions were good or bad selfish/interest because threre is no way to see the persons true human nature...or as the writer said, human self. Not once did the writer say selfish or self interest was not involved.
You are refusing to comprehend.
the summary of the article said that..that is what the author was saying and the author makes it clear that self interest and selfish are two separate concepts not one in the same..you keep trying to mesh the two together as one when they simply are not the same...

Level 6

The Sequel

#2407 May 2, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
People are selfish... FACT! SCIENTIFIC FACT!!
Didnt you clink my link about the children? The scientific study that was conducted?
They were all selfish when they thought no one was looking?
They were only giving when they knew someone was looking and it was in their best interest...the reward being praise or acknowledgement.
we don't need science to prove ppl are selfish because we already understand that..I did not say ppl were selfish i simply stated and proved that there is a such thing as true altruism and not everything ppl do is selfish nor should everything we do, even simply petty things that you and cap like to mention, be considered selfish..
furthermore it's an attempt to oversimplify human nature and we as humans are very complex..everyone has been selfish at one time or another, but in order to consider someone a selfish person IMO that would mean that one would have to have selfishness stand out more than any other part of their personalty and this isn't the case for everybody..
i will say it again, it is a scientific fact that ppl are not innately selfish and studies show that selfish ppl are that way because of their child rearing and i showed proof of that. I also posted a study showing children being altruistic WITHOUT parents in the room and proving that we aren't innately selfish.
I also showed you a study which explained that although ppl are more likely to act selfishly the more decision time they're given the overwhelming majority STILL gave. I posted several studies that prove you're wrong and you did not reply to the last links i posted on altruism..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2408 May 2, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>you need to go back and record that scraggly @ss voice again.And give me and 910 an apology for being so fckin stupid and stubborn.
I don't need to apologize for shyt, fcking simpleton, don't wear those pompoms out lolol..smh oh and speaking of apology isn't there something you need to be doing??? i haven't forgotten..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2409 May 2, 2013
910disaster wrote:
Jaz and London...YOU HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
The 2 words are very similar and like I said ESSENTIALLY the same.
I agree, there are some differences. One is 1 word...the other is 2 words...
Why, thank you for seeing the light ladies.
they are not the same and you can hunt down and search through every dictionary that exists on the net you will never be able to find that the two are the same thing...give it up you're wrong and i'm sure all of these have more "clout" than what you think.. lol..
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/line-betw...

http://www.studymafia.com/what-is-the-differe...

http://philosophy.lander.edu/ethics/egoism.ht...

http://www.presspublications.com/opinionscolu...

Level 6

The Sequel

#2410 May 2, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>
They been murked ten pages ago.
910 Disaster-- Now...its time for me and you to debate.:)"
Lol.hmm -thinking if I should-
You already know ima win :-)
lmaohh look at this you're so butthurt lolol sit your butthurt azz back in the cut and continue licking your wounds

Level 6

The Sequel

#2411 May 2, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
What gets you angry is when someone doesn't agree with your views. That IS stupidity. So, really you are angry with yourself. Personal attacks during an argument?? Seriously, you make yourself look very foolish and butch when you do this. You are extremely embarrassing. If you can't handle yourself, stop butting in.
The rest of your post I will ignore because I simply don't agree with you. I've posted the links.
lol pretty much she's spazzin out because she's pretty much killed her own argument with her own words over and over like "true definition", etc she's said it herself lol it's pretty much nothing, but semantics. throughout the entire thread and her and cap have been taking bits and pieces of a definition instead of looking at the meaning in it's entirety..it's right there in her face..self interest and selfishness aren't the same and no i didn't give her someone's opinion i gave her real facts and studies all she posted was outdated shyt..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2412 May 2, 2013
910disaster wrote:
<quoted text>
wha?...If that were true...the same would apply to what Jaz called scientific facts. Are you saying that her views and "facts" are also false because we are debating it? You're looney.
<quoted text>
But you said if it were a fact we wouldnt be debating it! lmao.
ugh...I have posted scientific studies, articles from DOCTORS (not blogs or opinion columns) and authentic definitions from reputable sources that dispute what you 2 nuts are saying. Pay attention.
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say I have not?
Someone hasnt been paying attention!
ALMOST every post from me has a link that backs up my claim. Reputable sources. PAY ATTENTION!
i actually posted several studies from DOCTORS, psychologists, biologists, etc that proved you were wrong and on top of that they were much more recent than what you originally posted, which was outdated...and as far as self interest being different from selfishness i didn't give you an opinion either i gave you facts..something many experts understand to be different, unlike yourself playing semantics and misusing the word selfish over and over..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2413 May 2, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were a fact, there would be no debate about it. There are "scientific" studies and facts which dispute your facts. I've posted links and so has Jaz.
pretty much and she wants to try and reduce them down to someone's opinion..her beliefs of psychological egoism have pretty much already been debunked...by experts..

"II. By way of clarification of relevant terms, James Rachels, among others, points out common confusion concerning selfishness and self-interest.

Actions in self-interest are not necessarily selfish actions. For example, it is in your self-interest to obey the law, to exercise, and to enroll in college, but no one would claim that it is selfish for you to do so.

Actions in self-interest and actions for the interest of others are not exclusive categories of action. That is, it is false that every action is done from either self-interest or other-regarding motives. Some people smoke or eat too much, and these actions are not clearly in either category of actions.

Actions in self-interest are not necessarily incompatible with the interest of others. For example, it is in your self-interest for everyone to be happy (cf., Adam Smith's "unseen hand"). If you are to help others, you must first be in a position to do so. I.e., in many instances, you have to help yourself first to obtain the knowledge of how to help others."

and no this is not a blog and no this isn't someone's opinion!

Level 6

The Sequel

#2414 May 2, 2013
KingAceSuited wrote:
<quoted text>
Selfish
1: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2: arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others <a selfish act>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sel...
1: a concern for one's own advantage and well-being <acted out of self–interest and fear>
2: one's own interest or advantage <self–interest requires that we be generous in foreign aid>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sel...
Webster's New World College dictionary and Merriam-Websters, both authorities on definitions seem to be a bit at odds. Also, the primary definition of the word should be pointed out as well as the context of original use of the word.
I don't know when this all started, but if someone had a quote of the word(s) initial use, that'd be helpful.
Without the posts that started this back and forth, people can be as slippery as they want with what they meant - and I recommend a reboot in that case.
Exactly, and the primary definition as well as the original context of the word is what myself, london, and others have been using this entire time..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2415 May 2, 2013
lmaohh lololololol oooooookk this thread obviously went to shyt overnight dayum!.........dayum! I'm late..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2416 May 2, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
pretty much and she wants to try and reduce them down to someone's opinion..her beliefs of psychological egoism have pretty much already been debunked...by experts..
"II. By way of clarification of relevant terms, James Rachels, among others, points out common confusion concerning selfishness and self-interest.
Actions in self-interest are not necessarily selfish actions. For example, it is in your self-interest to obey the law, to exercise, and to enroll in college, but no one would claim that it is selfish for you to do so.
Actions in self-interest and actions for the interest of others are not exclusive categories of action. That is, it is false that every action is done from either self-interest or other-regarding motives. Some people smoke or eat too much, and these actions are not clearly in either category of actions.
Actions in self-interest are not necessarily incompatible with the interest of others. For example, it is in your self-interest for everyone to be happy (cf., Adam Smith's "unseen hand"). If you are to help others, you must first be in a position to do so. I.e., in many instances, you have to help yourself first to obtain the knowledge of how to help others."
and no this is not a blog and no this isn't someone's opinion!
this also proves we don't do everything out of our own self interest..

Level 6

The Sequel

#2417 May 2, 2013
Lol oh wow Smh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Grand Jury and History 10 min TheDoby 22
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min RealDave 1,126,932
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 13 min GetReal 290
In Retrospect for Michael Brown (and others lik... 14 min Raoul 7
Many HISPANICS think they're WHITE 16 min ASHLEIGH 3
How can I get Blacks to stop talking to me 21 min Justa Thawght 133
12 year old black boy 1 hit k.o white cop 23 min KIP 22
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 26 min 7New Earth7 25,661
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 1 hr Gargantos 7,634
Why do WM have all the women, power, prestige, ... 3 hr Edgar12 63

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE