they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

The moon is now almost full in Libra,the sign of partnerships/relationships.Are we pretending in our modern society to be monogomous? Monogamy, as we see it today, is a recent invention, much popularized by christianity and westerners.Some even believe females are naturally polyandrious(having more than one sex partner)

I'm curious to know what the posters on here think about the fact that woman historically were forced into monogamy.
According to animal studies. We aren't naturally mogomous.

Of the roughly 5,000 species of mammals, only 3 to 5 percent are known to form lifelong pair bon

Most cultures have allowed men to have many wives.A few cultures, especially very primitive ones, have been known to practice open relationships. The Canela in Brazil actually have partible paternity arrangements, with any man a woman has intercourse with during her pregnancy being considered a "spirit father"to the offspring (and bearing some of the responsibility for its' well-being).

Because of recent revelations from animal studies, scientists now distinguish between three different types of monogamy:

- Sexual monogamy is the practice of having sex only withonemateata time

.-Social monogamy is when animals form pairs to mate and raise offspring but still have flings—or "extra-pair copulations" in science lingo—on the side.

- Genetic monogamy is used when DNA tests can confirm that a female's offspring were sired by only one father.

For humans, social and sexual monogamy usually go together, but this isn't always the case with other animals. For example, an estimated 90 percent of all birds are socially monogamous, living and raising young together, but many frequently have sex with other partners. One famous experiment found that female blackbirds paired with sterilized males were still laying eggs that hatched. The females couldn't chirp their way out of that one.

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Is the reason for todays high divorce rates due to the fact we aren't wired to be with one mate for life? How times have changed.
In the east before various Muhammoud, Sharia laws was also matralineal, with some reports that powerful women had what they called "seraglios" (feminine version of harems) throughout the ancient,Arabian penninsula(long a subject of discomfort for modern Islamics) as Mecca was once a goddess, moon/star cultic center util Mohammed attacked and converted the "infidels"). Virgin goddess mainly means one unto herself,i.e.:self-sufficient,c omplete, self-contain.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

i don't think monogamy is natural for men.

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dragonpat wrote:
i don't think monogamy is natural for men.
Some studies show women are the same, or worse..just better at covering up their tracks.

"we got our game from a women"-Tupac(dear moma)
http://voices.yahoo.com/penis-evolution-inter...
There is some evolutionary evidence that the human penis evolved as a mechanism to displace sperm(1). By using the coronal ridge to create a suction mechanism, the penis is able to remove sperm already deposited in the female's reproductive tract. This is significant because it would imply that females are not monogamous, otherwise sperm displacement would be useless, because only one male's sperm would be present. Humans are culturally socialized to believe that women do not seek out sex. If the penis did evolve as an instrument to displace sperm, which there is much evidence to suggest, Western culture may have to reassess the way they categorize women sexua
makes

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

oh oh divorce that's different.. i hate polygamy..
makes

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

having more wives than someone is almost as bad as punching them in the head.. like trayvon..

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Ezekiel 23:20-She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey's and emissions like those of a horse."

Gallup and coauthor, Rebecca Burch, conjecture that,“A longer penis would not only have been an advantage for leaving semen in a less accessible part of the vagina, but by filling and expanding the vagina it also would aid and abet the displacement of semen left by other males as a means of maximizing the likelihood of paternity.”

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

J-Town Ninjah OhH YeE AhH wrote:
divorce rates are 50%...(in america)
so there are just as many people that stay together as there are that dont.
sexual monogomy does happen in nature
so there is a chance it is "hardwired" into humans (i dont think so)
but it could just be a social construct, because people are inherently jealous, vengeful, and violent... so 1 on 1 partnerships could have evolved around these facts
just as many other social actions have evolved along time to benifit the population as a whole
But even the creatures that do pair and mate for life occasionally have flings on the side.Animals once regarded as examples of faithfull,such as gibbons and swans are now known to cheat,abandon even "divorce" one another just like humans.Males are hardwired to spread their genes and females try to seek out the best dad for their young. Also monogomy is costly because it requires an individual to place their entire reproductive investment on one mate. In nature putting all your eggs in one basket means there's a lot of pressure on each animal to pick the perfect mate.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-121...

Think men are the unfaithful sex? A study shows WOMEN are the biggest cheats

'The biggest difference is that women are much better at keeping their affairs secret,' he says.'If you look at the studies into paternity, even conservative figures show that between eight and 15 per cent of children haven't been fathered by the man who thinks he's the biological parent.

We lie so much that often we don't even think of it as lying at all, but as 'relationship management'

The truth is that we have always lied about our sex lives. British men consistently claim to have had more partners than women - the current average is 13, while women claim to have had only nine.

When studies about sexual partners or fidelity use a mixture of face-to-face interviews and anonymous computer questionnaires, men will give the same answers to both, but women will report much higher numbers when the answers are anonymous.

Why do women lie? Because we must, and because we can. In spite of apparent equality and a more sexually open society, we are still more harshly judged for our sex lives than men.
Roswell 47

Ostrava, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps monogamy is putting eggs into one basket BUT it means that you only have to look after one basket and can be more sure of successful rearing.

Many species that are not monogamous will actively kill the offspring of other males.

Even some families that have an alpha male only guarantee his offspring while he remains the alpha male.

If we look at other apes, monkeys and primates, they all have different social structures to humans, so no one knows how the common ape/primate ancestor we have with them behaved.

Ultimately all life is an experiment, life doesn't care how we propagate, or even if we as individuals survive, humans are insignificant to the planet, it is only our invention of God that makes us think we are special or divine. We are not, life on Earth was around for 3.5 billion years until we turned up, we're not necessary for life to exist,

Here's a thought, 99.9% of ALL species that have ever lived are now dead, and the average lifespan of a lineage is about 7 million years, which is how long ago we left our common ancestor with chimpanzees.

The only thing certain about life, is that it goes extinct, and humans WILL go extinct some day, the only reason we're successful now is because of a lull in an Ice Age, the world should be much colder than it is, and it will certainly get much colder.

People think that Ice Ages don't effect Africa but they are wrong, Ice Ages bring drought and death to Africa.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

J-Town Ninjah OhH YeE AhH wrote:
<quoted text>
humans are evolved more than animals...
females animals for the most part dont have sex for pleasure nor do they seek it when not ovulating
both wich are not true in human females...
... i know of no animals that practice birth control in the wild either
so it would seem picking and choosing wich actions you want to compare to fit a specific agenda, is just that... picking and choosing to fit an agenda
Yeah,huemans do have the power to choose whether to supress their natural desire to have more than one partner.How do you explain almost 20% of children being fathered by another man? Theres an old saying,.."momas baby,daddys maybe". Meaning only the mother knows who the true father is.Some belive the current institution was created to control womens sexuality. Just like youre naive to believe women dont have sex for pleasure.

"The biggest difference is that women are much better at keeping their affairs secret,' he says.'If you look at the studies into paternity, even conservative figures show that between eight and 15 per cent of children haven't been fathered by the man who thinks he's the biological parent."
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Those judging these posts wont let their husband/wives read all their text messages,go through their cell phones,email,or read the private facebook flirty conversations carried on behind closed doors. Why?

"in an age of deceit,telling the truth is revolutionary"
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Even in astrology,the 5th house is the house of sex for fun,love affairs(one night stands or cut buddies),and romance. While the 8th house sex is deep meaningful sex in a commited relationship. So humans have the power to choose from their higher impulses or lower animal impulses.

http://sasstrology.com/2012/05/mars-neptune-a...
The Nature of the Orgasm Addiction Cycle

At the beginning of our relationships, inspired by a vision of the perfect union (Neptune) or the perfect state of sexual bliss (Neptune) we throw ourselves head first (Mars) with great passion right into one another (Mars). The result, in the beginning, is what we call “the honeymoon period.” Conquest and ideals blend immediately and there are great amounts of newness and happiness. If this were the end of the story, we would all be blissed out and in love, and I would not see so many clients whose love lives suffer so greatly. Unfortunately, this honeymoon period ends relatively quickly (for some it lasts longer than others), tensions mount, the passion often fades, tensions rise, and we begin to despair. We wonder,“What happened? Things were going so well! Why does this always happen to me? I must have bad karma!”

One age-old mystical answer—that often gets swept under the rug—suggests that it is our attachment to orgasms during intercourse that keeps us falling in and out of love with new partners.

The reason “something new” is needed is because that “something new” is what ignites the conquest drive (Mars) toward the perfect fusion (Neptune) all over again. The problem with all of this is simple. These destructive relationship behaviors demonstrate an addiction to the Mars/Neptune impulse rather than a constructive fusion of their archetypal functions toward healthy ends.

In our relationships, orgasm addiction can be the beginning of the end. When we get fixated on the momentary bliss of orgasm instead of the circulating of affection, touch, breath, and intimacy, we can quickly objectify each other. Instead of building intimacy between two people, we use each other to manifest our ego ideals and then quickly become disenchanted when we find ourselves not really knowing or loving each other, and not having accomplished anything. Such is the nature of the ego who does not know how to serve the higher self!
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

The church didnt like this message today.lol

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

I understand most people on this forum are christian or europeanized traditionally,and this topic offends them.

So according to some studies monogomy evolved for humans to raise the kids. Not because its natural for us to be monogomous.

"Sill a mystery

While scientists are starting to uncover clues about what causes certain animals to stay loyal to a partner, the underlying reason for monogamy is still an open question. The most commonly accepted explanation is that monogamy evolved in situations where young have a better chance of surviving if both parents are involved in raising them.

This helps explain why humans tend to be "socialy" monogamous, since human children take so long to mature

“whatever.”

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

im one of those people who think being alone is great! Why not be alone! That's whats natural! You are born alone (unless ur a twin) and your gonna die alone so why not stay alone forever!???

if i wasn't in a relationship i would totes be alone.

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Bobby Hemmit once mentioned how there are pictures in hindu templees of women depicted taking several penises at the same time in Shiva temples. Back before european/male dominated society.

Even the ancient meaning of "virgin" changed under european christianized society.com

MAKEDA, QUEEN OF SHEBA - THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN-THE VIRGIN WARRIOR QUEEN

Ancient moon priestesses were called virgins. "Virgin" meant not married, not belonging to a man-a woman who was "one-in-herself." The very word dervies from a Latin root meaning strength, force, skill; and was later applied to men: virle. Ishtar, Diana, Astarte, Isis were all called virgin, which did not refer to sexual chasity, but sexual independence. And all great culture heroes of the past, mythic or historic, were said to be born of virigin mothers: Marduk, Gilgamesh, Buddha, Osiris, Dionysus, Genghis Khan, Jesus-they were all affirmed as sons of the Great Mother, of the Original Onem their worldly power deriving from her. When the Hebrews used the word, and in the original Aramaic, it meant "maiden" or "young woman," with no connotations of sexual chasity. But later Christian translators could not conceive of the "Virgin Mary" as a woman of independent sexuality, needless to say; they distorted the meaning into sexually pure, chaste, never touched. When Joan of Arc, with her witch coven associations, was called La Pucelle-"The Maiden," "the Virgin"- the word retained some of its original pagan sesne of a strong and independent woman."

The Great Cosmic Mother: Rediscovering the Religion of the Earth

by: Monica Sjoo & Barbara Mor
Zebrahead

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps there is more to the explanation than just evolution.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

There are many polygamous, polyamorous societies and communities that do not subscribe to the monogamous norm ,which is essentially a function of the process societal modernization, necessary for capitalism to work.Now that capitalism seems to be failing, who knows what the future holds?

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

New studies reveal humans aren't wired for monogmy as previously assumed.
http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/myth-...

According to a recent study of middle-aged British women, more than 20% of the participants admitted to having cheated on their spouses or live-in partners at some point in their lives.

Think of the birds. Many species are monogamous in the sense that males and females pair up to raise chicks. But fascinating experiments reveal that both males and females engage in sneaky “extramarital” affairs.

Female promiscuity is common among many primate species, too. In chimpanzee societies, it’s normal for ovulating females to mate with lots of males.

Why do females mate promiscuously? There are probably several reasons.

In some cases, promiscuity helps females insure that they find the best genes for their kids.

In other cases, sexual liaisons build relationships that benefit offspring. Studies show that male primates become more protective if they’ve mated with a female in the past. Did you mate with me last season? Then maybe this kid is yours.

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

In the Greek mythology, Zeus and Hera, called upon Tiresias to resolve their longrunning marital dispute: who enjoys sex more, men or women? Zeus was sure that women did, but Hera would hear none of it. Tiresias replied that not only did females enjoy sex more than males, they enjoyed it nine times more!

His response incensed Hera so much that she struck Tiresias blind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 128
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

332 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min PDUPONT 1,081,672
Paris Hilton is a RACIST. She "hates" black men 4 min Gargantos 123
Another BM with a HOT WW Wife__----------- 16 min Ash 267
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 26 min bannedagain3 9,518
White women that love black men are the cream o... 32 min Exterminate Ruskies 1
Whites are ugly hook nosed chimps 33 min Exterminate Ruskies 7
are indians black? (Nov '13) 42 min YOURindianBRO 141
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 44 min cmd6241983 6,214
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 1 hr Aussie Bob 565
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 1 hr Gargantos 78,316
•••
•••