Unemployment for Black women at 4-yea...

Unemployment for Black women at 4-year low

There are 26 comments on the New Pittsburgh Courier Online story from Nov 8, 2013, titled Unemployment for Black women at 4-year low. In it, New Pittsburgh Courier Online reports that:

"Over the last few months, Black women have seen the greatest decline in their unemployment rate, so there is a continual improvement taking place," said Valerie R. Wilson, chief economist for the National Urban League.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Pittsburgh Courier Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 9, 2013
Wonderful.. BW are far superior to lazy feckless BM. These statistics prove it!

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2013
alfie wrote:
u sheboons to tout ur own horn n belittle bm...
they r low paying ,part time jobs - they r not jobs paying 60k year...
shebeasts rate is at 10% n that's 3% above the national rate...
u beasties got a school loan ,got a degree just to
get a mcdonalds job...how smart can u b..
AA men abandon their children in high numbers, so AA women only work Part time, so that they have time to spend raising their children.
Stoooopid.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Everywhere

#6 Nov 10, 2013
Any Black person posting on this thread please ignore the racist bigots who have and will post bigoted comments. Don't let their hatred and ignorance distract you from having a meaningful discussion about the topic of this thread.

Also, don't let the good news about unemployment rates going down for Black Women start a divisive discussion between Black men and Black women.

Far too often Black people fight among themselves over issues that should bring them together instead of tearing them apart. Also, you will have racist bigots who will sometimes instigate these fights because they love seeing Black men and Black women fight with each other.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#9 Nov 10, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a real inner city "leader",
... blaming whites for how dysfunctional blacks are....
You obviously did not read my post, or you did not fully comprehend it.

First of all I did not mention anything about Whites so why are you saying I am blaming Whites for anything.

Second I never said anything about Blacks being or not being dysfunctional. I merely encouraged them to not get side tracked by racist bigots who post on this forum to disrupt the conversation and in some cases to instigate fights among Black people.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#10 Nov 10, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a real inner city "leader",
... blaming whites for how dysfunctional blacks are....
You also apparently missed what I said about Black people far to often fight with each other over issues that should bring them together.

I realize that you are probably one of the many racist bigots who come here day in and day out to insult Black people, but could you at least carefully read post before you start your ignorant rants?

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#11 Nov 10, 2013
typo: ...far too often....
Cigar Face

United States

#12 Nov 10, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
<quoted text>
You also apparently missed what I said about Black people far to often fight with each other over issues that should bring them together.
I realize that you are probably one of the many racist bigots who come here day in and day out to insult Black people, but could you at least carefully read post before you start your ignorant rants?
Are you a sistah?

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#16 Nov 10, 2013
alfie wrote:

So why are you as a white racist so concerned with the black race?

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Nov 10, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
You're in need of counseling.

Level 3

Humble, TX

#18 Nov 10, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
Any Black person posting on this thread please ignore the racist bigots who have and will post bigoted comments. Don't let their hatred and ignorance distract you from having a meaningful discussion about the topic of this thread.
Also, don't let the good news about unemployment rates going down for Black Women start a divisive discussion between Black men and Black women.
Far too often Black people fight among themselves over issues that should bring them together instead of tearing them apart. Also, you will have racist bigots who will sometimes instigate these fights because they love seeing Black men and Black women fight with each other.
people like shalimar and the others are just divisive azzhats that have nothing better to do than attempt to create discord. It's good to know that unemployment for black women is low, but for some any achievement or good fortune for black women seems to equal a strike against black men. Case in point check out the post about Kerry Washingtons husband getting cut from the 49ers and you'll see so much hatred directed against the man that it's just unreal.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#20 Nov 10, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T740RUGTRJUUD...
Since you hypersensitive crybabies seem to believe you "can't BE" racist,
.....you must have been talking about Asians and Hispanics, then,.....right?
(Fkkng LIAR!)
I never said anything about who can and cannot be racist.
When I say racist bigots I'm talking about racist bigots,
if the shoe fits wear it, and if it does not apply to you then
ignore it.

How am I liar because I corrected you by letting you know I never
said anything about White people? I did not mention White people so I was telling the truth when I said I did not mention White people.

I don't know which is greater, your ignorance or your stupidity.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#21 Nov 10, 2013
mrman0351 wrote:
<quoted text> people like shalimar and the others are just divisive azzhats that have nothing better to do than attempt to create discord. It's good to know that unemployment for black women is low, but for some any achievement or good fortune for black women seems to equal a strike against black men. Case in point check out the post about Kerry Washingtons husband getting cut from the 49ers and you'll see so much hatred directed against the man that it's just unreal.
To the extent that it happens, I think Black men and Black women need to stop treating each other as the enemy. Of course there are some Black men and Black women who are irresponsible and a detriment to the Black community. There are also some self hating Black people. However they do not represent all Black people.

As soon as Black people learn to celebrate Black men and Black women who are doing positive constructive things, the Black race will do much better as a whole. I am not saying that Black people should ignore the bad negative behavior in some Black men and Black women, but those people should not be held up to represent the majority of Black people.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#22 Nov 10, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>
You're damned RIGHT we do.
Will Crackers ever become Human?
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T6CV6K248SBT4...
Can you crackers Read? African American Forum!
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TP5RKDPGOD810...
Are Crackers Ashamed of themselves?
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TMQNVVHFFHB94...
a lot of white ppl wont admit it but
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TSK05AB2SCJB4...
Serious question. How can white people eat a pig?
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TLSAAB680MU6D...
Does the Sun hate White People?
Does the Sun hate White People?
The only discussions you colored racists ever have,
... are ABOUT us "racist bigots".
First of all I don't condone the use of any derogatory words to describe a group of people. You have never seen me use the word
"Cracker" to refer to White people.

Second, for every thread that you can show me that you think shows Black people attacking Whites, I can show you a LOT more with Blacks being insulted and attacked by people who I assume to be White.

Third, my guess is if you didn't have so many people coming to the AA forum day in and day out using derogatory insults against Black people, most Black people on here would not retaliate by using words like "Cracker." I'm sure there may be some who would, but in large part most Black people are just sick and tired of seeing racist comments posted about them no matter what the topic of the thread is.

Forth, why are you even here? If you dislike Black people as much as I think you do, why do you spend so much time in the AA forum?
If I despised a group of people that much, I sure as hell would not be spending so much time where they are.

“Get use to the cold!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#23 Nov 10, 2013
alfie wrote:
You write like that Masud guy, could you be him too? some bm smh!

Level 5

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24 Nov 10, 2013
Now if only BM around here would do something to better their.
African black mask

United States

#25 Nov 10, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
that's not something good to bragg about your own race. how many more stupid people exist out there? btw suicide rates are rising among AAm so maybe people like you should bragg about being the cause of that.
Exit Stage Left

United States

#26 Nov 10, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
Far too often Black people fight among themselves over issues that should bring them together instead of tearing them apart. Also, you will have
racist bigots who will sometimes instigate these
fights because they love seeing Black men and
Black women fight with each other.
That still doesn't excuse or explain why bm are deadbeats who abandon their kids to be raised by the low income bw they abused.
between the lines

Hazleton, PA

#29 Nov 10, 2013
They are not counting the people that are collecting disability instead of unemployment as unemployed. It is a sneaky thing politicians do to pat their own backs.
Chris

Tampa, FL

#31 Nov 10, 2013
Birthing Welfare Babies is now an occupation??
Big Knob

United States

#32 Nov 10, 2013
Exit Stage Left wrote:
<quoted text> That still doesn't excuse or explain why bm are deadbeats who abandon their kids to be raised by the low income bw they abused.
can you tell me why 16.6 million ww are single, or why you have a 50% divorce rate, and why are there 4.7 million more ww than wm..........bm dont need your help., stick to what you know best ww and children.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 3 min Moses 47,286
Shoot all whites 21 min Rebel soldier 32
Why do black people like claiming that us Mexic... (Jan '12) 44 min Cuz merica 2,409
The Black Race - Gods Chosen People! (Mar '13) 1 hr africa 259
News Black therapist with hands up shot by cops whil... 1 hr U Make Me Laugh 147
Check your friends request on Facebook. 1 hr LMLWAO 2
NEANDERTHALS made WHITES more INTELLIGENT (Apr '13) 1 hr Curious Me 1,641
Dallas Shooter wrote "RB" in blood 2 hr bluestreak returns 291
More from around the web