abc’s interracial dating experiment –...

abc’s interracial dating experiment – what would you do?

Posted in the African-American Forum

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#1 Apr 16, 2012
http://concreteloop.com/2012/04/video-abcs-in...
ABC’s ‘Primetime’recently held an another experiment on its popular show,‘What Would You Do?,’ where people are faced with that very question when experiencing a dilemma or uncomfortable situation that tests their personal character and values.

In a more recent segment, John Quiñones has actors Carlton and Olivia play an interracial couple pretend that they are meeting one of their parents for the first time. In the clip, a Caucasian young woman is sitting with her father (who also happens to be an actor) and introduces him to her boyfriend, an African-American male.

As onlookers watch the far from quiet event, one person reacted to the father’s negative reaction and didn’t appreciate his blatant racism, others agreed with the father’s disapproval of their relationship, especially one elderly woman. Watch and see what happened in the clip below. What would you do?

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 16, 2012
Nothing you can do... If a man can't stand up for me or has not told his parents about me, it doesn't sit well. That sets the stage for the entire relationship. That person will always be in fear of the pursuit of independence and happiness. I let the man know from the start that if he can't make his own decisions and stand next to me, he isn't the man for me. Find me when you grow a set. Interestingly enough, I have met quite a few parents.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3 Apr 16, 2012
Surprisingly the most prejudice ones were the women while the men stood up for him.

Level 5

Location hidden

#4 Apr 16, 2012
Carlton in the video is from Utah. I know him. Give it up to him.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#5 Apr 16, 2012
VirgoSLC wrote:
Nothing you can do... If a man can't stand up for me or has not told his parents about me, it doesn't sit well. That sets the stage for the entire relationship. That person will always be in fear of the pursuit of independence and happiness. I let the man know from the start that if he can't make his own decisions and stand next to me, he isn't the man for me. Find me when you grow a set. Interestingly enough, I have met quite a few parents.
Grow a set of what?

Level 5

Location hidden

#6 Apr 16, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>Grow a set of what?
A set of balls.

Level 5

Location hidden

#8 Apr 17, 2012
It's usually the father who is the saving grace of IR relationships, if there is one. I see more women with nasty looks and men praying she doesn't say anything whether he is racist or not.

“It really don't matter”

Level 4

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 17, 2012
Lol

I saw this.

Is it wrong I thought it was funny?

He ddnt try to blanket his feelings

UNLike my uncle GFs parents.

Did you see the ones with the

IR Couples(BM/WW+WM/BW)

Having domestic disputs

Or out eating?
mr keep it real

New Orleans, LA

#10 Apr 20, 2012
VirgoSLC wrote:
Surprisingly the most prejudice ones were the women while the men stood up for him.
and you believe that shit. That was fake. Ain't no white man going to but in like that. You still got it bad don't you.
hmmm

Saratoga Springs, NY

#11 Apr 20, 2012
yeah I watched this one before ;D

Level 5

Location hidden

#12 Apr 20, 2012
mr keep it real wrote:
<quoted text>and you believe that shit. That was fake. Ain't no white man going to but in like that. You still got it bad don't you.
Actually, WM have stood up for me and my brother before, but that doesn't mean there are people who aren't prejudice.
Klaus

Toronto, Canada

#13 Apr 20, 2012
Race mixing is evil and ugly so most White humans will naturally look upon such filth with revulsion.

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#14 Apr 20, 2012
Klaus wrote:
Race mixing is evil and ugly so most White humans will naturally look upon such filth with revulsion.
Wrong again, KKKlaus. My goodness, you're a bitter, spiteful and negative man!

In case you didn't already know, most white women find it acceptable. Even notorious, right-wing or "conservative" WWs like Sarah Palin or Ann Coulter have seen fit to personally partake of the legendary BBC. I think you're fighting a losing battle.

LOL :o)
Klaus

Toronto, Canada

#15 Apr 20, 2012
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, KKKlaus. My goodness, you're a bitter, spiteful and negative man!
In case you didn't already know, most white women find it acceptable. Even notorious, right-wing or "conservative" WWs like Sarah Palin or Ann Coulter have seen fit to personally partake of the legendary BBC. I think you're fighting a losing battle.
LOL :o)
Engage in wishful thinking if it helps ya get through the day. Harrisson-Ahab.
Hangard

Englewood, CO

#16 May 26, 2012
“Colored People”,“I have good friends that are colored”,“They should stay with their own kind” Those evil people made me sick. I thought my head was going to explode. These throwbacks were even crying saying they were concerned for the kids of interracial unions. The only people those kids need to worry about are those morons.

These idiots would be the first to say they were not prejudice. I guarantee you these ignorant bastards go to church regularly and would expect to go the heaven to live with Jesus. If there is a hell they will most certainly spend their eternal days there.

The only thing missing were white sheets. For anyone doubting the evil of racism in America, just sit and watch that little nugget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead Prince Jokes? 3 min fair and biased 7
Poll Will Donald Trump be the next President of the ... (Aug '15) 5 min TheOriginalDoby 1,445
Most teacher-student statutory rapists are White 17 min New Beginning 32
Black mom's are telling their daughters not to ... 23 min T-BOS 7
Zika Virus has hit the USA !! 25 min MeSo 1
Black women more loud, angry, and ghetto than o... (Mar '10) 37 min lord evil 105
What Exactly is "SEXUAL HARASSMENT" ??? 39 min undercoverboss2016 5
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 1 hr Redefined 6,183
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr TranshumanX 43,483
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 5 hr Moses 3,423
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 8 hr A__v__A 123,775
More from around the web