Halle Berry is NOT black!!!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Boom Boom

Dickinson, TX

#1 Jun 26, 2012
She is a beautiful white woman.

sand_cracker
Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 26, 2012
Boom Boom wrote:
She is a beautiful white woman.
Lol, if she is white then so are half of the Blacks here.

“~~~~you called ~~~~</3”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Boom Boom wrote:
She is a beautiful white woman.
that explains why she wants to raise her child as black/african american

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/225826/hall...
fnord

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 Jun 26, 2012
She says she's black; according to the One Drop Rule, which most members of both races accept as valid, she's black. Therefore, she's black!

sand_cracker
Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 26, 2012
fnord wrote:
Therefore, she's black!
True that.
mansa musa

Newark, NJ

#6 Jun 26, 2012
You can clearly tell she is mixed. She looks more black than white.

Even her daughter that is mostly white. You can clearly tell she is not 100% white.
Fred

Torrance, CA

#7 Jun 26, 2012
By the General American terms, she is just considered Black, just like Barack Obama.

Culturally, they act more "White".

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#8 Jun 26, 2012

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#9 Jun 26, 2012
Halle Berry's black identity was influenced by her mother, she told her "no one would believe that you had a white mother". Many do not know this, but Halle was very close to her black side of the family, they were key in helping her prepare for beauty pageants, and her sister said, she always considered herself black, it was never a issue. She was close to her half sister, and her nieces, til her dad died, and she started going more hollywood, she cut them off. They even help her raise money as well, for her beauty pageants. Halle is dirty.
mansa musa

Newark, NJ

#10 Jun 26, 2012
She can past for black but could never past for white.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#11 Jun 26, 2012
Halle Berry’s Half-Sister Renee Says Halle Has Disowned Black Side Of Family :
http://hellobeautiful.com/1682265/halle-berry...
Ambiguous

United States

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Bp beg too much thats why I would disown them. Fyi Im black.

sand_cracker
Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 26, 2012
Ambiguous wrote:
Bp beg too much thats why I would disown them. Fyi Im black.
Apparently your recessive white genes weren't fully suppressed.
Janette

Montgomery, NY

#14 Jun 26, 2012
mansa musa wrote:
You can clearly tell she is mixed. She looks more black than white.
Even her daughter that is mostly white. You can clearly tell she is not 100% white.
Yes Hslle looks black,and even looks just as black as many blacks who are not even bi-racial.She looks the same as many African Americans, so that I can understand her thinking herself black based upon her physical appearance. I recall viewing Halle Berry on TV once and she stated that as a child,her white mother told Halle that she looks physically black,and therefore that black is how she should expect the society to see her as being,which is probably why Halle sees herself as black.
Regarding Halles statement about that she believes in the one drop rule,I think that statement from her was ignorant,because the one drop rule was orginated for purpose of racism,and to discriminate against black blood,in all phases of social encounters. And for her to say that she applies the one drop rule to herself and her child,is ignorant to me.Plus for her to mention that she wants the black community to know it,shows that she is kissing up to the black community,clearly not respecting her own dual ancestry.But I quesss everyone has a right identify with whichever of their ethncity they choose.
I understand that she really has no choice but to see herself as black,cause she looks similar to many blacks,as her mother told her. But she should not speak for or apply the one drop rule to all other biracials,since many of them don't look basicly black like herself,example Lonette Mckee,some of my relatives,Mariah Carey etc etc. She should speak for herself.
Plus regardless of how her daughter looks,her daughter is 3/4 white and 1/4 black,and so blood-wise,is more white than she is black,and is at the very least mixed,before she is either black or white. You can tell she's not pure white. But with kids it can go either way,and at maturity,either side can dominate their coloring,and features,no matter how fair they looked as kids.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#15 Jun 26, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
Halle Berry's black identity was influenced by her mother, she told her "no one would believe that you had a white mother". Many do not know this, but Halle was very close to her black side of the family, they were key in helping her prepare for beauty pageants, and her sister said, she always considered herself black, it was never a issue. She was close to her half sister, and her nieces, til her dad died, and she started going more hollywood, she cut them off. They even help her raise money as well, for her beauty pageants. Halle is dirty.
Halle was never close to her black side because they neer tried to reach out to her and this came from Halle's own mouth several times.
Janette

Montgomery, NY

#16 Jun 26, 2012
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Halle was never close to her black side because they neer tried to reach out to her and this came from Halle's own mouth several times.
I think the woman speaks from both sides of her mouth.But then with celebrities, you can't take anything they say too seriously,cause most of the time they only say what will reflect favorably upon themselves. She claims she identifies as black,yet dates only white men,and even when dating black men,they were always light skinned biracial looking anyways.
All this I love black coming out of her mouth is a bunch of bunk,if you ask me. But she should identify as black,since that is what she looks more like. If she went to Europe,or anywhere in the world,she'd been seen as a woman of color,or as black.
Janette

Montgomery, NY

#17 Jun 26, 2012
Fred wrote:
By the General American terms, she is just considered Black, just like Barack Obama.
Culturally, they act more "White".
What is "culturally acting black mean"?
Janette

Montgomery, NY

#18 Jun 26, 2012
Fred wrote:
By the General American terms, she is just considered Black, just like Barack Obama.
Culturally, they act more "White".
What does "culturally acting white mean"?
WTF

Dickinson, TX

#19 Jun 26, 2012
Halle, like all biracial blacks have more white blood in them. Because blacks are already mixed down the bloodline anyway. Mixed people identify with whites more because they are MOSTLY white anyway. Light skinned blacks with 2 blacks parents, should take a DNA test. There's a good chance they'd turn out 50/50 white/black.
Janette

Montgomery, NY

#20 Jun 26, 2012
WTF wrote:
Halle, like all biracial blacks have more white blood in them. Because blacks are already mixed down the bloodline anyway. Mixed people identify with whites more because they are MOSTLY white anyway. Light skinned blacks with 2 blacks parents, should take a DNA test. There's a good chance they'd turn out 50/50 white/black.
I don't need a DNA test,the mirror already tells me that I am either 50/50 black/ white,or more white than black.But even though I see myself that way,I still accept that from societies view, my black blood,puts me into the black ethnicity,even though to me I am of no one ethnicity.
What you say here is something that is not recognized AT ALL,cause you rerely hear anyone either write it as you have here,or say it on public discussions. But you are likely a person who thinks for yourself instead of following behind what everybody else is thinking.And I too have always said what you're saying here,which is that when people speak of a biracial person who has a white parent and an African American parent,that biracial person likely has some white blood coming from the black parent in addition to the black that's in that black parent. So truth be told,that biracial person is actually not 1/2 black and 1/2 white,but is greater than 1/2 white,and less than 1/2 black,since the black parent is himself/herself of some white mix,and not pure black. Yet you hear the ignorance all the time-one has a black parent,and a white parent, the black parent sometimes is dame near white looking,and people will still say,that the biracial person half white,and half black.
Exception is one like our president Obama.Now he has a pure black father,or at least from his fathers very black appearance,safe to say thatr Obama's father is overwhelmingly predominantly black. So that in Obama's case he is an example of being perfectly 1/2 black and 1/2 white. And there are biracials here in the USA, typical like Obama in the percentage of the white and black mix that is in them.
But I agree with you,that lots of U.S. biracials with a black parent and a white one, are less than 1/2 black,and are more than1.2 white,since the black parent is usually mixed with some degree of white themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,383,998
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 134,468
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 6 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 44,971
Le PAPYRUS de KAMARA (Nov '15) 7 min dcool 861
Black lives matter! 10 min PATRIOT DVC MOLON... 9
Afrikan Americans Claim to be Gorillas 14 min PATRIOT DVC MOLON... 2
Why do black people usually yell in my store? (May '12) 15 min KCL 126
Angela Merkel to Nonwhites: Integration is a must 21 min bolle 34
How black people lost Egypt. ------------------... 3 hr dcool 80
I do not like black men 6 hr Sadbuttrue 76
More from around the web