Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Once you go white”

Since: Feb 07

Jersey

#2 Mar 13, 2007
U have brought up some very valid points and it is obvious that this has been a controversial subject of late with the Da Vinci code as well as all the other arguments for Christianity's assumed pagan origin. But having studied the subject of christian apologetics for a while now I can tell u that those claims are not backed up. What these authors and their ilk fail to demonstrate conclusively to the public is the predominant Jewish origin of Christianity and the fact that many earlier polytheistic religions borrowed myths from each other and then later ascribed them to more core beliefs. If you look at christianity in its jewish context you will see that Christ's life is a reflection of what was pronounced by the prophets in the old testament (the book of Isaiah for example). Judaism is known as the first monotheistic religion, but it would be false to say that it was without some pagan influence. So it is conclusive to reason that some of these pagan religions actually borrowed from Jewish writing and culture and assimilated it to their own. But faith is something you have to discover for yourself, but try reading the arguments from the other side. I suggest Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ" and Norman Geisler's "When Skeptics Ask". I must warn you, reading these will change your life and challenge you to seek the true face of Christianity.

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#6 Mar 13, 2007
The Submitter wrote:
The Catholic Church No longer swears by truth of the Bible
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509...
You know what, the Catholic church no longer swears by a lot of things. Please do not allow what the papal church says in Rome to dictate your belief in Christianity. One denomination does not a faith make.

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#7 Mar 13, 2007
The Submitter wrote:
The Catholic Church No longer swears by truth of the Bible
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509...
Also, in terms of the accuracy of the bible. Understand that it is first and foremost a living book. That is why so many passages are written in parables and other figurative phrases. Furthermore, ask any historian in the world today and they will tell u that the bible is one of the best tools they use to record facts about history. Also, in the article it doesn't say the Catholic church doesn't swear by the bible, just that it should not be looked at without understanding its human element. And we should be glad for that for no man can fully know God, but through the bible we get a cursory glimpse as to how God relates to man.
Ashley

Windsor, CO

#9 Mar 13, 2007
I do not believe in religion whether it is muslim/Islam, christianity, Jewish, or what have you. I totally agree with you The Submitter with your very first posting. This is one of many reasons why I am not a christian.

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#10 Mar 14, 2007
Ashley wrote:
I do not believe in religion whether it is muslim/Islam, christianity, Jewish, or what have you. I totally agree with you The Submitter with your very first posting. This is one of many reasons why I am not a christian.
So Ashley (I don't think your my Ash from Denver) what do you believe in. Its human nature to believe in something. Belief in this context is just what your heart adores, and every person has something they adore.
Ashland on the 14th

United States

#11 Mar 14, 2007
Ashley wrote:
Some of the meanest and most hypocrital people I have ever met in my life have been Christian! I get tired of hearing that sam ol' tired excuse:"Noone is perfect" when one of them phucks up! I tell them "perfection" is not what I am looking for! Just a little consistency!

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#12 Mar 14, 2007
Ashland on the 14th wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the meanest and most hypocrital people I have ever met in my life have been Christian! I get tired of hearing that sam ol' tired excuse:"Noone is perfect" when one of them phucks up! I tell them "perfection" is not what I am looking for! Just a little consistency!
Well there was only one who was perfect. As for the consistency, Christians are still human and backslide just like everyone else. Furthermore, Christians are not a homogenous group so we come with our own experiences and perceptions of others, but our challenge in Christ is to love. And that is much harder than u might think, esp. for us men who have pride. If we perfect, there would be no need for a savior right. For all men have sinned and fallen short. All includes Christians as well. Thats what I don't get, people are always quick to say how Christians are hypocrites without fully understanding the full context of Christianity's formation. There are so many testaments in the bible about knowing good fruit from bad fruit and how u will know the difference. Not everyone who calls themself a Christian is a true follower of Christ. So please don't let a few bad apples spoil the truth of the gospel and the promise that lies in Christ.

“keep it fair across the board!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 06

Texas

#13 Mar 14, 2007
<quoted text>
I have seen plenty of so called christians and they are worse than non christians. They are the worse ones if God sent them to tell me the word I dont want it.I wonder why they are so obsessed with my soul when it appears their soul is at risk?
Ashland on the 14th

United States

#15 Mar 14, 2007
Once you go white wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there was only one who was perfect. As for the consistency, Christians are still human and backslide just like everyone else. Furthermore, Christians are not a homogenous group so we come with our own experiences and perceptions of others, but our challenge in Christ is to love. And that is much harder than u might think, esp. for us men who have pride. If we perfect, there would be no need for a savior right. For all men have sinned and fallen short. All includes Christians as well. Thats what I don't get, people are always quick to say how Christians are hypocrites without fully understanding the full context of Christianity's formation. There are so many testaments in the bible about knowing good fruit from bad fruit and how u will know the difference. Not everyone who calls themself a Christian is a true follower of Christ. So please don't let a few bad apples spoil the truth of the gospel and the promise that lies in Christ.
I understand backsliding from time to time. But they seem to take a nosedive straight into sinful behavior! I get tired of people trying to get me to go to church! for what? The churches are full of ex-pimps who are now ministers (they found a new huslte) And all lot of them don't believe in cardio fitness! Look at the Baptist ministry and all of those overly bloated people getting the holy ghost! I don't know why they think they are going to Heaven when they die! gluttony is a sin! Besides, If they did get their Angelic wings, they will be to fat to get off the ground to fly and do God's work!
Ashland on the 14th

United States

#16 Mar 14, 2007
Yeah! I get sick of christians asking me if I believe in god just becasue I'm not a Christian! Yes I believe in God, I just don't beieve in you; there is a difference you know! And what is up with all of the obese Baptists in the church! that's why it's so dam hot in that place! Gluttony is a sin last time I checked, but the eat all that dam pork and be in hot as clothing and then sit up under eat other for 10 hours and chit!

If they do die and God let's them into heaven! their wings won't be able to carry their big asses there any way! And will they be able to fit through the pearly gates? Sheesh!

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#17 Mar 14, 2007
<quoted text>
I understand backsliding from time to time. But they seem to take a nosedive straight into sinful behavior! I get tired of people trying to get me to go to church! for what? The churches are full of ex-pimps who are now ministers (they found a new huslte) And all lot of them don't believe in cardio fitness! Look at the Baptist ministry and all of those overly bloated people getting the holy ghost! I don't know why they think they are going to Heaven when they die! gluttony is a sin! Besides, If they did get their Angelic wings, they will be to fat to get off the ground to fly and do God's work!
LOL, man that is some funny stuff. But once again you are looking at others actions and letting them define your belief system. Christ said no man come to the father, but through me. As you already know, the fat baptists and the hustler preachers won't get u there. There are some scriptures about what Jesus says about these modern day pharisees. But man, I don't c how those baptists can be fight wit all that praisin and shoutin they do. them folks got soul and they sing they hearts out.

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#18 Mar 14, 2007
Yeah! I get sick of christians asking me if I believe in god just becasue I'm not a Christian! Yes I believe in God, I just don't beieve in you; there is a difference you know! And what is up with all of the obese Baptists in the church! that's why it's so dam hot in that place! Gluttony is a sin last time I checked, but the eat all that dam pork and be in hot as clothing and then sit up under eat other for 10 hours and chit!

If they do die and God let's them into heaven! their wings won't be able to carry their big asses there any way! And will they be able to fit through the pearly gates? Sheesh!
LOL, well lucky enough for them God promises us a new body.

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#19 Mar 14, 2007
I meant to say fat, not fight.

“Once you go white”

Jersey

#20 Mar 14, 2007
Kathy Kat wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen plenty of so called christians and they are worse than non christians. They are the worse ones if God sent them to tell me the word I dont want it.I wonder why they are so obsessed with my soul when it appears their soul is at risk?
Actually Kathy if u don't believe then your soul is more at risk. God sent his one and only son to die for us and we can't just ignore the gift of his blood and still be right in God's eyes. Take me for example. I am human and I make mistakes all the time. I constantly mess up and like Paul says in the bible even when i want to do good i find myself doing bad, but I try to tell everyone the truth and love everybody. I am not perfect, but I do try and that is what God is asking us to do with the help of Christ and the holy spirit.
Ashland on the 14th

United States

#21 Mar 14, 2007
Once you go white wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, well lucky enough for them God promises us a new body.
I hope so! them mofos ain't gon' fit through that white tunnel!
Ashland on the 14th

United States

#22 Mar 14, 2007
Ashley wrote:
And speaking of Jewish people! What the hell does a circumsion have to do with anything? Leave my "Homie" out religion! I know some ancient religions viewed the phallus as sacred but dam! LOL!
Ashland on the 14th

United States

#23 Mar 14, 2007
*God with a plunger after successfully plunging the fat Baptists spirits*

"You see that one(tunnel) over there going downward?, take that one you'll fit just fine!"
Ashley

Greeley, CO

#24 Mar 14, 2007
Once you go white wrote:
<quoted text>
So Ashley (I don't think your my Ash from Denver) what do you believe in. Its human nature to believe in something. Belief in this context is just what your heart adores, and every person has something they adore.
Yes, I'm the Ashley from Denver. Topix just likes to play around too much and change people locations for some reason. I do believe in something.....SCIENCE :D. I do not let religion dictate my life or else I'd go crazy, dirt poor, and miserable like many others I see moping around. I have a [email protected] good life WITHOUT the FALSEHOOD of any religion. The holy bible has been changed so many times, therefore, I won't even open one not even to get a good laugh. Christianity isn't for all cultures, certainly not MY culture.
Ashley

Greeley, CO

#25 Mar 14, 2007
<quoted text>
Myyyy goodness! I love the last line here and totally agree with it. I do not want to intertwine myself with anyone who's a religious nut or else I'M going to end up fanatical just like them. I have been raised as a christian (southern baptist) and it was all fun and cool when I was younger because I didn't fully understand the concept of it, but now that I'm older.....I broke away from "the church" and found my peace of mind in spirituality alone. Religious people claim to be holier than thou, yet I hear more profanity out of their mouths than a drunken sailor. They claim to know where the "heathens" are going (heaven or hell), yet whenever you ask them....they have not a clue. They preach about what Jesus likes and disapproves of, yet they practice hypocrisy every single day by judging others. Christians have murdered and systematically raped my ancestors (not speaking in general but personally of my great grandmother) so I spit on religion and on christianity.
Ashley

Greeley, CO

#26 Mar 14, 2007
Once you go white wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Kathy if u don't believe then your soul is more at risk. God sent his one and only son to die for us and we can't just ignore the gift of his blood and still be right in God's eyes. Take me for example. I am human and I make mistakes all the time. I constantly mess up and like Paul says in the bible even when i want to do good i find myself doing bad, but I try to tell everyone the truth and love everybody. I am not perfect, but I do try and that is what God is asking us to do with the help of Christ and the holy spirit.
So to believe in YOUR God and YOUR bible is the only way to get to heaven? Is that what you are saying? I'm asking before I assume anything. What do you think of the nation of Islam?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 4 min Moses 134,154
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 14 min itsmariaa 6,343
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 17 min KiloEcho 44,764
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min flack 1,382,549
Madonna DEAD after a fatal car accident! (Dec '09) 36 min FTrumpNhisFans 28
Why Why Why are BM so Effeminate, childish and ... 45 min T-BOS 10
The Rise in Gay Black Men Qweens! 48 min SadButTrue 1
Whites Are Not To Blame For Your Problems 5 hr Looking On 63
Trump taking about deporting illegal immigrants 5 hr Sicklecell Supporter 40
More from around the web