Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Why would any country voluntarily dismantle its nuclear weapons which take years and billions to develop?

South Africa is the only country which ever give up its nuclear dissuasion power.

But Why? Did they dismantle the country’s nuclear weapons because they believed in a vision of an Africa free of nuclear weapons, as the press reported?

NO.

The white apartheid regime didn’t want a Black Nation to possess nuclear weapon, a dissuasive power in our contemporary world.

Foreseeing a democratic South Africa where Black people will be in power, the white regime destroyed all the country’s main military facilities, ballistics missiles and dismantling all six complete nuclear weapons shortly after the release of Nelson Mandela from prison in 1990.

South Africa hastily joined the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), and seven weeks later the country signed a Comprehensive Safeguards Agreement with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

According to Greg Mills “South African authorities co-operated fully with the IAEA during the whole verification process, and were commended by the then director-general of the Agency in 1992, Dr. Hans Blix, for providing inspectors with unlimited access and data beyond those required by the Safeguards Agreement“

In less than 3 years all South Africa’s ballistic missiles were scrapped, its six nuclear weapons dismantled, and any remaining missile engines destroyed.

To prevent any future attempt by any upcoming South African administration to empower the country, the apartheid regime enacted the most self-restricting legislation in the form of the “Act on the Non-proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction” that makes provision for a South African Council for Non-proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction to control exports of dual-use materials, equipment and technology."
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Well I think they did the right thing! Why do they need nuclear weapons for???? Anyway I think the US made them do it!

Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

African AE wrote:
Well I think they did the right thing! Why do they need nuclear weapons for???? Anyway I think the US made them do it!
I'll bet the US did have something to do with it
Masud_S_hoghughi __

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

yeah - they didn't want blak spear-chuckers in charge of a nuclear arsenal.........

.....interestingly - the apartheid regime also conducted research into ethnic-specific bio-weapons......viruses/bacte ria that would make blax infertile........wonder wot the fruits of this research were?.........

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

i think the better question will be "who sold nuclear bombs to a racist regime in the first place" what was their motive?
too much monkey business

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

well , I doubt if by themselves they knew how to operate them, and with whites leaving in planefuls, they would have only monkeyed with the bombs and Whoooof! no more S Africa. so Obama told them to hand them over to the big boys .
Masud_S_hoghughi __

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

mistk wrote:
i think the better question will be "who sold nuclear bombs to a racist regime in the first place" what was their motive?
they built them deyseffs.........alwayz remember that YT has the brains and the technology.........wherever he is in the world..........
Masud_S_hoghughi __

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

too much monkey business wrote:
well , I doubt if by themselves they knew how to operate them, and with whites leaving in planefuls, they would have only monkeyed with the bombs and Whoooof! no more S Africa. so Obama told them to hand them over to the big boys .
the blak knigra race is certainly not mature enuff to handel such dangerous things responsibly..........just look how niccuz behave with guns - and they wanna have nukes!- gtfoh.........

and certainly niccuz lack the brains to build these things themselves........
Whisgean Zoda

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Masud_S_hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>the blak knigra race is certainly not mature enuff to handel such dangerous things responsibly..........just look how niccuz behave with guns - and they wanna have nukes!- gtfoh.........
and certainly niccuz lack the brains to build these things themselves........
Your mom dropped a turd in the toilet. You were born wet. Hahahahahaha. White turd.
fonky fleur

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

India got nukes. And they made them all by themselves.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

fonky fleur wrote:
India got nukes. And they made them all by themselves.
but they're not kneegros........
fonky fleur

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>but they're not kneegros........
Why did the western world allow India to go nuclear???
Boon

Eskilstuna, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

mistk wrote:
Israel helped them make the bomb or gave them the bomb. US and UK could have given them the nod. But that is water under the bridge.
fonky fleur

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

NUCLEAR STATES ESTIMATED WARHEADS
United States 7,650
Russia 8,420
United Kingdom 225
France 300
China 240
India 80-100
Pakistan 90-110
North Korea Fewer than 10
Israel 80
Iran??

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Boon wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel helped them make the bomb or gave them the bomb.
Proof pls
Bayou City

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

It's just common sense for South Africa to disarm their nuclear arsenal because everybody knows that nigguhs and nukes are a recipe for disaster.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Bayou City wrote:
It's just common sense for South Africa to disarm their nuclear arsenal because everybody knows that nigguhs and nukes are a recipe for disaster.
.....its wot I've alwayz thought - kneegros r too primitive and unevolved as a race to b entrusted with such things..........

.....they can't even build these things, so y give it to them on a plate?........
Mwafrica

Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

give africa a break one would say usa is entering menopouse period since its more than 400yrs old while africa is entering puberty since its 50yrs old
I would say ots only a matter of time before africa rise.a country like kenya is now invensting in space technology from scratch funded by government of kenya.African educated population is increasing day in day out.extreme poverty has reduced from highs of 70 % in 2000 to 34%in just a decade once africa comes to its foot they will develop nuclear fire arms as they please since they already have all ingredients ready in,uranium,niobium,power,exper ties when the time is right even western powers wont be able to stop them..but firsr let africans first foccus on economic growth..
Shining in darkness

Margate, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

There's no way the powers that be would leave Nuclear weapons in the hands of a bunch of spooks.
Simple as that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••