Ohio teacher suspended indefinitely f...

Ohio teacher suspended indefinitely for racist comment

There are 385 comments on the USA Today story from Dec 30, 2013, titled Ohio teacher suspended indefinitely for racist comment. In it, USA Today reports that:

FAIRFIELD, Ohio - A suburban Cincinnati teacher, suspended indefinitely without pay a week ago after making racially insensitive remarks, has not yet requested a hearing to contest the matter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

kygolfer

Philippines

#108 Jan 2, 2014
just wondering if anyone takes notice of the huge slave trade going on

in todays modern world..young women get kidnapped and drugged ,

they end up in some pervert palace with no chance of escape..

that is today,not the slave trade of 300 years ago..

if the black people actually hate slavery ..why not stop it ..

why not get loud jessee or al not so Sharpton to speak out against

modern day slavery,,,it is happening under our nose ..but you wont

hear Obama speak about it..ever ever ever,,his wife wont allow that
R12 Freon

Chino, CA

#109 Jan 2, 2014
kygolfer wrote:
just wondering if anyone takes notice of the huge slave trade going on
in todays modern world..young women get kidnapped and drugged ,
they end up in some pervert palace with no chance of escape..
that is today,not the slave trade of 300 years ago..
if the black people actually hate slavery ..why not stop it ..
why not get loud jessee or al not so Sharpton to speak out against
modern day slavery,,,it is happening under our nose ..but you wont
hear Obama speak about it..ever ever ever,,his wife wont allow that
If he did speak out it would go against the first lady's "all this for a flag' ideology.
After all our flag does stand for freedom.
rash

Voorhees, NJ

#110 Jan 2, 2014
i'mb lack but obama still darker than me and i don't Actually look up to him and he doesn't make me wanna beat up white people..
R12 Freon

Chino, CA

#111 Jan 2, 2014
rash wrote:
i'mb lack but obama still darker than me and i don't Actually look up to him and he doesn't make me wanna beat up white people..
Yeah he's really not a good choice to look up too, but it's him and holder sending out the message it's ok to beat up white people. After all neither is speaking out against it happening.

It's gunna turn shitty when the whites start beating up blacks again. People only put up with so much, then start retaliating. The worse it get's the easier it will be, I'm afraid.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#112 Jan 2, 2014
R12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Like to have heard the conversation that led up to not needing another black president. Maybe democrat president would have been a better choice of words. Maybe they were comparing this black president to past white presidents. Maybe the teacher was making a point as to not another black president OR white president but maybe Hispanic or Asian one.
Maybe he is worried about the crumbling cliff we all are standing on, while explaining economics to a kid that thinks they don't have to learn because their black and told whats not given to them, it's ok to just take it. And the comment slipped out.
One things for sure, the sheeps minds are already made up...
Whether or not Mr. Voight actually made the statement, the statement itself is blatantly racist — regardless of how much effort one may make to sanitize it through multiple rationalizations concerning context. Neither can dismissing people with whom you disagree as "sheeple" work such magic.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#113 Jan 2, 2014
kuda wrote:
It's not a freedom of speech issue. Any teacher making racist comments to students is a form of verbal abuse of the children entrusted to his care.
Kinda iffy....on the "verbal abuse" scale, isn't it?.....
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#114 Jan 2, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Kinda iffy....on the "verbal abuse" scale, isn't it?.....
There's absolutely nothing "iffy" about adults teaching children that they or their peers are worth less than other people. Why would you want to rationalize it?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#115 Jan 2, 2014
maybe it's a tough school. some of the schools up there are so tough, the school newspaper has an obituary section.
CEEK

United States

#116 Jan 2, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
maybe it's a tough school. some of the schools up there are so tough, the school newspaper has an obituary section.
are you from fairfield, oh.....no youre not. If you were you would not have posted such a asinine comment. The obituary section in that schools newspaper simply informs you of the passing of former or current students. It has absolutely nothing to do with violence.....maybe you should work for fox news.

Alpharetta, GA

#117 Jan 2, 2014
CEEK wrote:
<quoted text>are you from fairfield, oh.....no youre not. If you were you would not have posted such a asinine comment. The obituary section in that schools newspaper simply informs you of the passing of former or current students. It has absolutely nothing to do with violence.....maybe you should work for fox news.
haha, gotcha, you California ponytailed ex hippy....aren't you late for the gay pride parade you guys host daily? grab your birkenstocks and get there.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#118 Jan 2, 2014
CEEK wrote:
<quoted text>are you from fairfield, oh.....no youre not. If you were you would not have posted such a asinine comment. The obituary section in that schools newspaper simply informs you of the passing of former or current students. It has absolutely nothing to do with violence.....maybe you should work for fox news.
Does San Francisco really pay for transsexual surgery? Still allow the homeless to accost the tourists for change, around the Fisherman's Wharf?

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#121 Jan 2, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
Norm Crosby.

NO one expects you to give credit where credit is do.

Alpharetta, GA

#123 Jan 2, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Norm Crosby.
I thought it was Henny Youngman...next time I'll be more careful whom I steal jokes from.
39ehonor

Jupiter, FL

#126 Jan 2, 2014
teacher should have been reprimanded, not suspended, its not like he used the N word--this teacher makes $73k a year, not bad for a part time job

“Life is Good”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#128 Jan 2, 2014
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>Does the Law require them to Register , Stolen Guns,...
Only if the are used by drug lords from Mexico like yesterday. Fast and furious is still killing people, while Obama hides the facts by executive order.

“Life is Good”

Level 3

Perpignan

#129 Jan 2, 2014
Dr Smith wrote:
<quoted text>As a child yes. As an adult no. Your ignorance and racist discussions only display the level of stupidity racist people have. For any person to condone what the man said that was clearly meant toward that child's race and ambitions then they need to seek God. I guarantee if it was your child you would be at that school raising cane! As mentioned previously, I am not a democrat or republican. I follow the laws of God. I am not perfect, in fact if you and I were to see each other and I had a biracial child and you called them a racial slur, I would very well crack your jaw open. I do not agree with Obamacare, or homosexual marriage. But I am not going ton say Obama is the worse President. I think that goes to Bush Jr. Let's not forget, he got us in this mess, Obama just can't get us out! I love being white but I also love other races and cultures as God would want.
You need to quit whining every time some one steps on your pinky. Man up whiner.

“Life is Good”

Level 3

Perpignan

#130 Jan 2, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>What this teacher said was wrong on so many levels and you know that.
How many levels when blacks attack and beat up old and female Jews multiple times and Holder ignores the hate crimes against the Jews. Drug Heil.

“Life is Good”

Level 3

Perpignan

#131 Jan 2, 2014
Dr Smith wrote:
<quoted text>This has nothing to do with knock out games or hate crimes. This just about right and wrong and that teacher is wrong. Stop looking for excuses to your ignorance of a racist mind. Do I agree with the fact there are racist acts done to whites by blacks? He'll yes! I've been a victim but it doesn't mean I advocate racist acts to be done in return. And this is a teenager and high school shapes the way a person's mind works. There are racist acts done by whites to blacks and other races everyday. My brother works for a police station in PA. He has arrested white men and women at least 20 times since 2003 in regards to racist acts and the white men and women almost beat a 30 year old black man to death because they felt that too many blacks were moving into their neighborhood. No hate crime ever filed. Another case of a beautiful young Cristian black girl who was raped by two 22 year old men during a study session at a college study room that had no cameras. We'll all the local white people said she asked for it despite the bruising, bleeding and screaming that some students said they heard down the hall but thought it was just someone clowning around. After the boys got off, one of them went to MySpace and confessed and asked for the girls forgiveness. Guess what?? No one had anything to say then. Racism happens from all sides, don't pretend to be so blind to it. Ask yourself how you would feel if your son told you he wanted to marry a black girl. Would you be ok with it or would you be against it? See I am a Dr. That studies the human mind and theory of thinking. I could determine more things about you than some of your family could by simply having a conversation face to face.
If he is so fragile because he is black and only because of an insult, you better keep him.
Off topix

“Life is Good”

Level 3

Perpignan

#133 Jan 2, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Norm Crosby.

Oh yous wants mo credicks. You done burned dat bridge Amos.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#135 Jan 2, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to quit whining
You've been whining since 2008, AuDumbo.

How'd those 14 swing states work out for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who can play guitar better? Blacks or Asians? 7 min Stupid Thread 55
Misty Copeland’s Rise: The Banker and the Balle... 8 min bidniznews 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min sonicfilter 1,250,896
I'm in love with Trish b from Topix 15 min Ugh 63
White Gang responsible for over 100 breakins a... 18 min Phenomenon 2
Why I HATE MACEO PATTERSON! 19 min Ugh 18
All women prefer white men 20 min NotSoDivineMsM 5,180
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 2,051
Black girls!!!we're not taking your men! we've ... 1 hr Stupid Thread 139
I am a bm and I am sticking with bw. PERIOD! 3 hr bw are winning 129