Are We Kidding? We Don't Know Why You...

Are We Kidding? We Don't Know Why Young Black Women Are Obese?

There are 9 comments on the Science Library Pad story from Jun 7, 2012, titled Are We Kidding? We Don't Know Why Young Black Women Are Obese?. In it, Science Library Pad reports that:

Wow... I've just finished reading this article about exercise controlling weight in young white girls better than in young black girls .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Science Library Pad.

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 8, 2012
Women are more attractive when they have a little something extra going on. Not obese. But not that skinny anorexic model crap.

“Cardinals-World Series :}”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3 Jun 8, 2012
Young black women aren't obese. Neither are young black girls. They may not exercise as much as white girls because they live in shitty neighborhoods full of perverts on average, not in nice grassy neighborhoods where people mind their business lol. 30+ black women are obese. Not young. Unless you live in a nasty state or city, most young black women are overweight at most (because of our butts). I'm considered overweight to white standards because I have cs and some ass for my small frame. So fuck them and their studies.
Come now

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jun 8, 2012
This seems to be a hot topic in a lot of circles. There are so many issues. I think that there are some blk women who struggle with obesity, but not half as many as we've been led to believe. Our bodies are made differently. A friend of mine in public health did some studies on this. Asian women have been given adjusted measures of obesity that are different from white women cultural norm, but we have yet to have a different one for blk women, even though our bodies are also different.
Being "thick" is labelled as fat by European standards when these women with tiny waists and round booties are clearly not out of shape. This misunderstanding has ballooned obesity stats for us.
Stereotypes in teh media don't help either.
Ambiguous

Dallas, TX

#5 Jun 8, 2012
HelloWorld3 wrote:
Young black women aren't obese. Neither are young black girls. They may not exercise as much as white girls because they live in shitty neighborhoods full of perverts on average, not in nice grassy neighborhoods where people mind their business lol. 30+ black women are obese. Not young. Unless you live in a nasty state or city, most young black women are overweight at most (because of our butts). I'm considered overweight to white standards because I have cs and some ass for my small frame. So fuck them and their studies.
You said 5'6.5 160 is fat you hippocrate.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#6 Jun 8, 2012
obesity is a problem among all americans. eating to dorn much and not excercising will cause most of the big walrus figures walking around today.

blk women simply need to walk much more and drink more water..eat a lot of fruit. eat especially watermelon.

Level 7

Location hidden

#7 Jun 9, 2012
dragonpat wrote:
obesity is a problem among all americans. eating to dorn much and not excercising will cause most of the big walrus figures walking around today.
blk women simply need to walk much more and drink more water..eat a lot of fruit. eat especially watermelon.
...and pole dance.
Stan

North Olmsted, OH

#8 Jun 9, 2012
Race Riot at Capital
White soldiers and Sailors Make Raid on Negro Quarter

WASHINGTON, July 19 1919 -- White soldiers, sailors, and marines on liberty in the city, said to have been aroused by repeated attacks on white women by colored men during the last few days, invaded a colored residential district tonight and one colored man George Montgomery, 55-year-old was severely beaten.

Several shots were fired before police and provost guards got to the scene.

Several other negroes were caught by the crowd, but made their escape with only trifling injuries, though shots were fired at them.

The uniformed men participating in the attack were gathered together in the downtown district after individual fights had taken place and were inflamed, it was said, by reports that another white woman, and the wife of a sailor, had been attacked by a negro.

Reserves from three police stations besides the military guard and a detachment of marines on guard answered emergency calls, but found the mob dispersed when they arrived at the scene of trouble. About 100 service men were said to have been involved.

A patrol was continued after midnight through the area to prevent any repetition of the violence.
Stan

North Olmsted, OH

#9 Jun 9, 2012
race riots renewed white soldiers and sailors attack negroes on Pennsylvania Avenue July 20 1919-- Police reserves rushed to the heart of Washington, DC, in the "Centre Market district, Seventh and Pennsylvania Avenue," to quell several hundred white soldiers, sailors, marines, and a thousand civilians who made attacks on negroes "in retaliation for attacks on white women in Washington during the past month," "Negroes were hauled from street cars and from automobiles, Francis Thomas, a black 17-year-old, reported to the NAACP,"A mob of sailors and soldiers jumped on the [street]car and pulled me off, beating me unmercifully from head to foot, leaving me in such a condition that I could hardly crawl back home." Thomas said he saw three other blacks being beaten, including two women."Before I became unconscious, I could hear them pleading with the Lord to keep them from being killed." Aggression toward blacks had started on sweltering Saturday and Sunday, July 19 and 20, 1919, when white civilians, and soldiers, sailors, and Marines freshly home from Europe collected in a spot and pointed to any black who might be passing and yelled,"There he goes!""Such outcries generally were followed by an attack upon the negro by some of the sailors and soldiers." Lawrence Johnson, a black man was beaten up by rioting white Marines just spitting distance from the White House. Using rocks wrapped in handkerchiefs, they beat him about the head, until one finally pulled out a club and knocked him to the pavement. He lay there, bleeding, until an ambulance picked him up 20 minutes later. At Fourteenth street and Pennsylvania Avenue an white overseas soldier climbed through an open window of a street car and, grabbing a negro passenger by the coat collar, dragged him from the car. Police put the number of negroes taken to the hospital at 15, one of the men attacked on 7th street had his collar bone broken.'
BigBootyGirl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Jun 9, 2012
KFC + EBT = more cushin for da pushin!

WORD UP!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll True or False: Blacks can survive without whites? (Mar '16) 8 min Sadbuttrue 16
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Reality Check 1,579,371
Will people start destroying monuments to Liber... 10 min Sadbuttrue 27
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 12 min Sadbuttrue 9
Why I married PW trash for 20 yrs & chased WW w... 13 min Sadbuttrue 1
What the 6,000 man White Nationalist rally mean... 13 min Anonymous 56
True forced Loneliness is what Black men feel 20 min Sadbuttrue 18
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 26 min Sadbuttrue 89
I have token white friends. 1 hr A Pimp Is A Pimp 64
Cavebeasts of Topix 2 hr Fun Facts 30
More from around the web