JUANITA BYNUM 'SAVAGELY' BEATEN BY HU...

JUANITA BYNUM 'SAVAGELY' BEATEN BY HUSBAND: Famed televangelist suffers domestic abuse.

There are 484 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Aug 23, 2007, titled JUANITA BYNUM 'SAVAGELY' BEATEN BY HUSBAND: Famed televangelist suffers domestic abuse.. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*It was only yesterday in EUR's Gospel Pages that we broke the news of 48-year-old Juanita Bynum playing the part of a twenty something TV producer in the upcoming movie "Mama I Want to Sing." Now comes the news that the televangelist, known for her fiery and frank sermons about women's empowerment have won her a national following, got the crap beat out of her by her husband who's also a minister! via Eurweb.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Kathy Kat

Killeen, TX

#1 Aug 23, 2007
Please say it isnt so.. not the minister beat his wife!?!
Ashley

Denver, CO

#2 Aug 23, 2007
Now watch Tommy DISMISS THIS one (shakes my head). Yes baby....."blacks" are VEEEEEERY spiritual people with nothing but love to give, not a single bad bone in their (our) bodies, isn't that right Tommy?

It's ashame that the damn priests and preachers are the main ones people just can't trust to do the right thing anymore.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#3 Aug 23, 2007
Yeah, honey. That's why I do NOT go to church anymore. We're living in a time when anything goes in the church. Let me tell you something, I get hurt more in the church than in the world. We have to study the Bible for ourselves. I hate hypocrisy in the church. Judgment will surely start in the house of God.
Running Deer

Baltimore, MD

#4 Aug 23, 2007
Why... Why did you do this to us?

http://youtube.com/watch...

http://youtube.com/watch...
Patricia Zimu

United States

#5 Aug 23, 2007
My prayers are with you, and may Yaweh forgive him.
Miss Sha

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 24, 2007
This is so sad. Breaks my heart, I was watching What's Love Got To Do With It the other night and had to change the channel in the violent parts...just heart wrenching!

Since: Jul 07

Dublin, Ireland

#7 Aug 24, 2007
My stomach aches with this news. Please tell me this isn't true because I'm about to break into tears right now.

North London

#8 Aug 24, 2007
OH MY GOD!! I cannot believe Bishop Weeks would do such a thing...They were in London not too long ago with their 'Lover's Retreat' giving couples marriage advice. WOW!!!

North London

#9 Aug 24, 2007
Nicole Little wrote:
Yeah, honey. That's why I do NOT go to church anymore. We're living in a time when anything goes in the church. Let me tell you something, I get hurt more in the church than in the world. We have to study the Bible for ourselves. I hate hypocrisy in the church. Judgment will surely start in the house of God.
I totally agree. When I used to go to church, I was gossiped about like you wouldn't believe because of my testimony and I got no support from the pastors. The hypocracy in the Church is crazy. Thomas Weeks takes peoples money advising them about their relationships while using his own wife as a punchbag. Its a crying shame.

“Fabulosity at its BEST”

Since: Aug 07

Washington DC

#10 Aug 24, 2007
I am not suprised. People talk about how wild I am, and I have no moral standards BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!......Hmmm But this is what goes on in a "Christian Household"?! Interesting to say the least. Maybe if I attend church the pew wont catch on fire after all! Lol!

Seriously all jokes aside, this is horrible. My sister's ex husband used to beat the sh!t out of her, which is strange for her to tolerate it especially since we didnt grow up with it in our household. Well My brother, sister, and I were all hanging out at her house, drinking by her pool area, when one day her hubby came home and wanted to start some drama. As soon as he snatched her out the chair, we BUMRUSHED him! Ripped his clothes off, and beat his ass! When we were finished, we took the water hose, and sprayed him down...Mind you its like March, so it was cold as sh!t outside too. We werent finished......Oh NO! He needed to be embarassed. We dragged him out front, ran in the house, and locked the door :-) Meanwhile he is standing outside in the cold, butterball naked, with no wallet, no phone, and most importantly..NO KEYS! He has never raised a finger to her yet, that was 2yrs ago~ We PROMISED him the next time we were telling Daddy...And he definately didnt want that drama~~
tommy

Winder, GA

#11 Aug 24, 2007
Kathy Kat wrote:
Did you start this thread? Thanks for the info. Wow. So much confusion in the world.
tommy

Winder, GA

#12 Aug 24, 2007
Ashley wrote:
Now watch Tommy DISMISS THIS one (shakes my head). Yes baby....."blacks" are VEEEEEERY spiritual people with nothing but love to give, not a single bad bone in their (our) bodies, isn't that right Tommy?
It's ashame that the damn priests and preachers are the main ones people just can't trust to do the right thing anymore.
Ashley grow up. That's all you have to say?

What else do you know? What other topics do you talk about besides black people,or how great white men from Europe are?

You just as bad as the rest of these youngsters here talking about the same stuff.

Small minds talk about small things.

(paperless society,I robot coming soon).
(hurt people hurt people, only the broken are good at mending)
tommy

Winder, GA

#13 Aug 24, 2007
Kathy Kat wrote:
I can't dismiss this one as some tried to say.

There are three ways peope in this world sin however.

Lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes,and the pride of life.

Thanks for the info, but it is very sad.
Miss Sha

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Aug 24, 2007
The devil attacks those fighting him the most. It is no surprise to see the church and Christians attacked vehemently, as this is the biggest threat to the devil.

If the devil already has you in his corner and you are no threat to him, then you probably won't be bothered much...which is not a good thing..

North London

#15 Aug 24, 2007
Miss Sha wrote:
The devil attacks those fighting him the most. It is no surprise to see the church and Christians attacked vehemently, as this is the biggest threat to the devil.
If the devil already has you in his corner and you are no threat to him, then you probably won't be bothered much...which is not a good thing..
C'mon, Miss Sha, the man is a Bishop. While he was savagely beating his wife, was he not in the devil's corner?

This makes a mockery of her 'No More Sheets' sermon coz she's managed to attach herself to a woman beater. It just goes to show that no matter how sanctified you are, you are really no better than the rest of us.
Miss Sha

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Aug 24, 2007
babyluv wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, Miss Sha, the man is a Bishop. While he was savagely beating his wife, was he not in the devil's corner?
This makes a mockery of her 'No More Sheets' sermon coz she's managed to attach herself to a woman beater. It just goes to show that no matter how sanctified you are, you are really no better than the rest of us.
Never said that
Miss Sha

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Aug 24, 2007
babyluv wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point entirely.

“REVOLUTION”

Since: Jun 07

Woodridge, IL

#18 Aug 24, 2007
Kathy Kat wrote:
a minister is nothing but a man he has faults just as any other man that was terrible what he did but thats why i dont let "church folk" tell me what and what not i should be doing. my relationship with the "most high " has always been a personal one. alot of people be so shocked when they hear bad things in the church but thats where you will find the most hypocritical people.

North London

#19 Aug 24, 2007
Miss Sha wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point entirely.
I didn't miss your point at all.You're using the same rhetoric they use in the church...the closer you are to God, the more drama the devil will bring into your life to try and tear you down.

I just think that for a Bishop, that excuse is LAME!
Miss Sha

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Aug 24, 2007
babyluv wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't miss your point at all.You're using the same rhetoric they use in the church...the closer you are to God, the more drama the devil will bring into your life to try and tear you down.
I just think that for a Bishop, that excuse is LAME!
Okay. Have a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 4 min Who 559
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,419,833
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 13 min fluer 259
News Christie defends Trump's racist 'what do you ha... 19 min Go Blue Forever 2
Should Americans start considering The Black Ma... 28 min blackman913 1
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 29 min enoch powell 7,208
153 Years and Still Nothing??? 31 min Trumping On MMXVI 54
Interracial relationships. Who does it AFFECT?... (Sep '15) 56 min fluer 64
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 1 hr Go Blue Forever 84
Blue ivy is UGLY!!!! (Jul '13) 6 hr sopheast 56
More from around the web