Black cats are scarier than white cats.

Black cats are scarier than white cats.

Posted in the African-American Forum

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 23, 2013
The Witches have ruined the reputation of the black cats.

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Feb 23, 2013
Yeah, I agree that witches have ruined the reputation of black cats.

I had a black cat when I was younger, and I loved her. She was as cute as any other cat. She had big green eyes, and she was very playful.

She was abused as a kitten by children. A family friend rescued her, and gave her to me to take care of. She was my best friend, and we adored each other.

Black cats are no different from any other colored cat. Don't let wacky OLD superstitions get you down.
Jonesy

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 Feb 23, 2013
Black = BAD
White = GOOD

This applies to all things except cars.

Level 2

Location hidden

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Jonesy wrote:
Black = BAD
White = GOOD
This applies to all things except cars.
But why does no one use the white crayon?

Why is black so slimming?
Jonesy

Elizabeth, NJ

#6 Feb 23, 2013
Jay_Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
But why does no one use the white crayon?
Ummmm.... Because the paper is white.
Jay_Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>Why is black so slimming?
Ummmmm.... Why are 80% of black women obese? Black can't be too slimming.

Level 2

Location hidden

#7 Feb 23, 2013
I'm sorry for going off topic.

This particular thread is about cats.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 23, 2013
Jay_Victoria wrote:
Yeah, I agree that witches have ruined the reputation of black cats.
I had a black cat when I was younger, and I loved her. She was as cute as any other cat. She had big green eyes, and she was very playful.
She was abused as a kitten by children. A family friend rescued her, and gave her to me to take care of. She was my best friend, and we adored each other.
Black cats are no different from any other colored cat. Don't let wacky OLD superstitions get you down.
I am scared of all cats but the black ones are really terrifying I always convince myself that they will curse me. I know down here in the south there is a superstition that if they run in front of your car either turn around or face bad luck forever.
Jonesy

Elizabeth, NJ

#9 Feb 23, 2013
Remember when you blacks used to call each other cats? Now you call each other dogs. Why the change?
yop

France

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Don t you have a more interesting discussion??
theni

Saltville, VA

#11 Feb 23, 2013
people eat cats.. imagine how people who eat cat see this conversation..

hey you wknow what i kinda realized.. i would eat dog.. depending on what kind of dog it was..

like if it was a vicious dog who always attacks everyone it wouln't feel as guilty what if they were dipped in butter??

Location hidden

#12 Feb 23, 2013
yop wrote:
Don t you have a more interesting discussion??
If you don't like it then why come in here.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 23, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
The Witches have ruined the reputation of the black cats.
not witches. but the Church that did. the Church linked cats, mainly black ones to the Olde Religion as demons in disguise. but in other parts of the world. black felines are seen as a good animal.
http://www.petside.com/article/black-cat-myth... As devout Christians, they were leery of anything symbolic of evil or connected with the devil. With British and European backgrounds, black cats were seen as companion animals or 'familiars' to witches. In fact, any person found with a black cat in their possession was subject to severe punishment or even death.
The black cat was considered part devil and part sorcery.
http://blog.aspca.org/content/debunking-black... And just for the record, in many other cultures, a black cat is a prized pet. In places like Japan and the British Isles, they’re even thought to bring their pet parents good luck!

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

United States

#14 Feb 23, 2013
Black cats have a powerful look which may be seen as intimidating.
http://www.strangehistory.net/blog/wp-content...

Location hidden

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Redefined wrote:
Black cats have a powerful look which may be seen as intimidating.
http://www.strangehistory.net/blog/wp-content...
This one and most black cats are beautiful but like you said that powerful look makes them scary.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 23, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
not witches. but the Church that did. the Church linked cats, mainly black ones to the Olde Religion as demons in disguise. but in other parts of the world. black felines are seen as a good animal.
http://www.petside.com/article/black-cat-myth... As devout Christians, they were leery of anything symbolic of evil or connected with the devil. With British and European backgrounds, black cats were seen as companion animals or 'familiars' to witches. In fact, any person found with a black cat in their possession was subject to severe punishment or even death.
The black cat was considered part devil and part sorcery.
http://blog.aspca.org/content/debunking-black... And just for the record, in many other cultures, a black cat is a prized pet. In places like Japan and the British Isles, they’re even thought to bring their pet parents good luck!
It's funny a white group made them bad because I say it's us blacks who hate cats lol. Not to stay on race but whites seem to love cats more especially the black ones.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

United States

#17 Feb 23, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>This one and most black cats are beautiful but like you said that powerful look makes them scary.
I wouldn't say scary unless they were disfigured looking. Black cats are beautiful tho even tho I don't really like cats due too all the fur shedding. They are very sophisticated & mysterious animals.
yop

France

#18 Feb 23, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't like it then why come in here.
because i own a black cat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The KKK making a comeback, going after coons ag... 5 min ugly monkeys 5
buck gets huge nu sentence for sexually abusing... 10 min The Reality 5
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 12 min Pharaohisrealite 32,718
White Create Nothing It's Jewish People 20 min Truth Hurts 1
White Man Sentenced to 40 Years for Throwing Feces 23 min Truth Hurts 16
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,396,296
Poll white people drink blood by eating rare meat (Aug '08) 27 min Nunyabizniz 135
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 31 min TranshumanX 46,597
Eurafrica 38 min enoch powell 68
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 118
Mudshark and c00n on Judge Judy. 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 48
More from around the web