Azania

North Fort Myers, FL

#7053 Dec 6, 2008
Saylaci wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been to Egypt, Yemen and the U.A.E and i have never heard of some people Called Circassion. Care to elobrate on them if you dont mind and as for the Middle East and Africa what conncets is a religion and for some its both language and Religion. So Your African American so what do you mean you favour an African identity? You know there is no such thing called African Identity right. Africa is 54 countries and some countries having multiple ethnicites and religions so one the place doesnt have one idenitity.
If you've never herd of Circassian people then their (Circassians) doing what their suppose to do, stay low key and stick to themselves!!! Most tend to just claim the Arab identity for social reasons (status, etc....).

Even when Africa and the middle east didn't share language and religion, they still were strategic to each other due to location!

I prefer the African point of view over the western view! There is no need for me to get into any specific country or culture, you know what I mean!

You also should know the Africans I look up to, by the many posts of mine!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7054 Dec 6, 2008
Petros The Habesha King wrote:
<quoted text>
lol @ the eyes. Now can you tell an eritrean from an ethiopian? Somalis tend to have a little more finer features than us so thats how I can tell a Somali.
But yeah, pure ignorance! I'm not surprised that others thought you're arab or mixed. A lot of the females from our region get that a lot.
Actually my best friend in school is Eriterian so i would say can tell them apart unless their both Tigre or Tigriyina. Usually for me its alot easier to tell when someone is Amhara. Also dont forget you guys tend be shorter than we are LOL. Well here in MN its no Longer the case because there is load of us but when i travel somewhere else, they always assume iam an Arab and the Headscarf adds more to it.

“young petros”

Since: Feb 08

Addis AKA The Real A-Town

#7055 Dec 6, 2008
Saylaci wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my best friend in school is Eriterian so i would say can tell them apart unless their both Tigre or Tigriyina. Usually for me its alot easier to tell when someone is Amhara. Also dont forget you guys tend be shorter than we are LOL. Well here in MN its no Longer the case because there is load of us but when i travel somewhere else, they always assume iam an Arab and the Headscarf adds more to it.
Wow I'm impressed. You even know some of our ethnic groups. I'm amhara on my ethio side, tigray on my eri side. Which ethnic group or clan are you from if you don't mind me asking? Darood or Issaq maybe? And Lol yes some of us are shorter but not all like me!!!

Yeah MN has a bunch of you guys just like here in ohio. An habesha buddy in Columbus was telling me the other day there is now 40,000 Somalis, 20,000 ethiopians and 5,000 Eritreans. I was like danggg we taking over!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7056 Dec 6, 2008
Petros The Habesha King wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I'm impressed. You even know some of our ethnic groups. I'm amhara on my ethio side, tigray on my eri side. Which ethnic group or clan are you from if you don't mind me asking? Darood or Issaq maybe? And Lol yes some of us are shorter but not all like me!!!
Yeah MN has a bunch of you guys just like here in ohio. An habesha buddy in Columbus was telling me the other day there is now 40,000 Somalis, 20,000 ethiopians and 5,000 Eritreans. I was like danggg we taking over!
Offcourse i know you guys ethnic groups even though for most Somali all ethiopians are just Habesha. Iam Isaaq and am quit shocked you know of our clans. Yeah there is a big somali community in Columbus and Seattle now. So your half and half no wonder you dont look fully Amhara. I believe Reikik is Amhara. Well my friend is Tigray and she is from Eriteria and there are plenty of oromo here in MN.

“Not African, we're Orginal!”

Since: Sep 08

The World

#7057 Dec 6, 2008
Greggriffin111 wrote:
<quoted text>
She looks African ...light skin does not equal mixture ... I can name many women in my family that resemble her ... FYI the majority of the Brazilian population is of African descent ( almost 50 %)... around 90 % of the population has 10 % or more African ancestry ...
She didn't publicize her DNA, right? I maintain that she looks Brazilian.
Azania

North Fort Myers, FL

#7058 Dec 6, 2008
Dynagirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Circassians are a very small minority like the Tatars that inhabits mostly the caucasus and middle eastern countries particularly Syria.They were made as sex slaves to noble men during the ottoman empire and they live in poverty today.They mostly assimilate in whatever country they are in, that's why you may have not heard of them.
Many Egyptians have Circassian admixtures and/or ancestry(e.g. Georgians, some mixed caucasian Turk tribes, caucasian Arabs, and possibly Persian-Circassian admixtures). Egyptians didn't always look like Hosni Mubarak (lol)!!!!

Salayci-Somal would probably see them (Circassian Arabs-Arabized) right in front of her face, but didn't know who they were, nor their background! She probably didn't care neither!

Peace, in the middle east, and it's very superficial boundaries!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7060 Dec 6, 2008
^http://www.jugalbandi.info/wp -content/uploads/2007/08/botsw ana/San_tribesman020.jpg

Location hidden

#7061 Dec 6, 2008

“young petros”

Since: Feb 08

Addis AKA The Real A-Town

#7062 Dec 7, 2008
Saylaci wrote:
<quoted text>
Offcourse i know you guys ethnic groups even though for most Somali all ethiopians are just Habesha. Iam Isaaq and am quit shocked you know of our clans. Yeah there is a big somali community in Columbus and Seattle now. So your half and half no wonder you dont look fully Amhara. I believe Reikik is Amhara. Well my friend is Tigray and she is from Eriteria and there are plenty of oromo here in MN.
Lol I know b/c I'm in a horn african club at my university where we discuss issues that affect our region. In college, most of us are grown and put political differences aside and won't judge anyone based on what their government has done.

Yeah I've got both Amhara and Tigray blood. I'm not sure exactly what Rekik is but I think shes got Tigray and Oromo blood as well. These days a lot of us habeshas are very mixed. How are the Oromos in MN? Do they bash everything Ethiopia?
Jakub

London, Canada

#7063 Dec 7, 2008
"Somali people are black Africans plan and simple. Theres only 30,000 Arabs in the entire contry of Somalia so it's not possible for all of us to be mixed with them.
P.S Arabs are evil.

You're not fooling anyone you aren't one of us nor do most of us process your demonic way of thinking, hence Somali's are pure Africans and yet there are not blacks. Quit spreading propaganda as facts...I doubt your ass has left your state much less bent to East Africans. It's not like all Africans look the same but we look just like our Africans brothers/sisters....if we differ slightly it's cause we are a combination of many African tribes mixed throughout the centuries. Somali's are mixed with Arabs and some even European blood. Somalia and Yemen have mixed from beginning of time, which explains why Somali's have smaller features and nice hair than West Africans.
Aliyah Al-Haddad

London, Canada

#7065 Dec 7, 2008
Elaborate Djhixx.

“BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO GIVE!”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Hergeisa

#7066 Dec 7, 2008
Jakub wrote:
"Somali people are black Africans plan and simple. Theres only 30,000 Arabs in the entire contry of Somalia so it's not possible for all of us to be mixed with them.
P.S Arabs are evil.
You're not fooling anyone you aren't one of us nor do most of us process your demonic way of thinking, hence Somali's are pure Africans and yet there are not blacks. Quit spreading propaganda as facts...I doubt your ass has left your state much less bent to East Africans. It's not like all Africans look the same but we look just like our Africans brothers/sisters....if we differ slightly it's cause we are a combination of many African tribes mixed throughout the centuries. Somali's are mixed with Arabs and some even European blood. Somalia and Yemen have mixed from beginning of time, which explains why Somali's have smaller features and nice hair than West Africans.
BS... Try again. Only a small minority are mixed.
AficanMan

Arcadia, CA

#7067 Dec 11, 2008
Dear Tod arabs are not evil
evil lies in the heart of hater
we Somalis enjoy multicultural even thought now is shady since we reside eastern part of Africa and longest cost of Africa by country it was a gateway for European and Arabs to some parts of Africa and some of them still reside after the civil war the number decreased.
Bottom line we are African as the Africans differ in appearance from east to west to north and south it idiotic to say why all of then not the same in appearance.
It true that we are (Somalis, Eithopian) look different and agree we may have a touch of another blood but the majority is Africanism.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7068 Dec 12, 2008
this thread is not dead yet? wow!

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Location hidden

#7069 Dec 12, 2008
kreepykid wrote:
Why should it die now, it's becoming more interesting. Don't you think?

“http://www.wakeu pproject.com/”

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

THE ARRIVALS

#7070 Dec 12, 2008
kreepykid wrote:
it will DIE off when PEOPLE come to the REALIZATION that there is NO different RACES

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7072 Dec 13, 2008
really interesting?...hmmm
redundent is the better word.
it's the same arguement telling somalis they are mixed with arab or indian or even russian for that matter....and the somalis arguing that they know their geneology better than the people that keep speculating what is in their dna.

a bit arrogant don't you think for someone to tell you who you are?

“somali coast”

Arnhem, Gelderland

#7073 Dec 13, 2008
kreepykid wrote:
really interesting?...hmmm
redundent is the better word.
it's the same arguement telling somalis they are mixed with arab or indian or even russian for that matter....and the somalis arguing that they know their geneology better than the people that keep speculating what is in their dna.
a bit arrogant don't you think for someone to tell you who you are?
People have nothing better to do.
Cultural Purity

Toronto, Canada

#7074 Dec 13, 2008
black mans burden wrote:
SOMALIS ARE BLACK!!!!! WHO CARES WHAT DELUSIONAL THOUGHTS YOU HAVE ABOUT YOURSELVES!! you people sound like the nazis who is the most arayan genitically i would be scared if if somalia had any real power! becuase your people would start a racial or ethnic genocide its better you guys just stick to piracy in those wooden boats! and that region will be alot safer
Lol, what the hell are you talking about??? Nazi's? Man, I see the White Western media has done some great work on your intellect. Somalia was not like this always, you do know that right? In fact, once Somalia had one of the most powerful Army in Africa.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7075 Dec 13, 2008
i personally beleive they are black africans what irritates me is when i go to the store or on campus with my niece and they question me about her she has very fine hair and some people think she is mixed with something she usually tells them that she is mixed with african and american lol anyway if they don't consider themselves black whatever but they need to realize blacks come in all shades, hair textures and facial features so feel what you want to feel no love lost

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ILLEGAL Mexicans 12 min Rey Boricua 81
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Morse 1,141,335
Can the negro ever become a civilized productiv... (Aug '12) 15 min Klaus666 210
Obama's Amnesty Pushes Blacks Aside 18 min abc-ya 154
White Power, what is it ? 19 min Rey Boricua 17
Operation SAA 21 min Griot 6
My daughter bought home a white man!!! 23 min KIP 15
How may women has Bill Cosby RAPED ????? 23 min Charly 86
Why do AA call West Africans Ugly? (Jul '11) 1 hr Curiousmind1 359
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr Ben YISRAEL 96,616
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Chief RBG Quantum... 26,347

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE