The Real Reason Black Americans are m...
Think about it

Columbia, SC

#18841 Jan 25, 2015
Mr Zaius wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they pretty much all do look the same. Very diverse? With the same hair and eyes as the other billion?
Wow you really think that all Africans look the same? do you know that there are different groups of people in Africa? that is like saying that all Asians look the same. Africans have different types of noses, eye shapes, body types and skin colors. Africa is one of the most diverse places in the world. I am hoping that i misunderstood your comment. I just can't imagine someone not realizing that Africa is not one country with one tribe. African Americans are a mixture of different African tribes, Native American tribes and European groups. This is why they look different.
GiaaGunn

United States

#18843 Jan 27, 2015
A lot of your argument is based on severe ignorance bro. I am a VERY attractive dark skinned AMERICAN female and I live in NYC which is very multicultural. I have been stopped about three times by people who came from africa to America telling me that I look so much like a relative of theirs back in their country. If you go to Africa or even watch footage filmed in Africa. You WILL see someone who looks like an American " black " person. Even in Richard Pryor's stand up live on Suset Strip. he talks about his trip to Africa and goes on about how many people he seen who looked just like people back in America. We are all THE SAME PEOPLE. But you're brain washed by the divide and conquer war tactic a.k.a willie lynch . And there are MANY " black " Americans who look just like people living in Africa. And darker skinned children aren't made fun of because they resemble Africans. It's due to them indirectly being taught that being light is better via regularly scheduled programming. It's nothing wrong with having your own opinions. Just don't be offensive to others because I doubt you're the sharpest tool in the shed and find out the truth about your people first.
Twenty26

Manassas, VA

#18847 Mar 13, 2015
It's a personal opinion. Just like most black people find black people more attractive, I'm sure most African black people find African black people more attractive.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#18848 Mar 14, 2015
GiaaGunn wrote:
A lot of your argument is based on severe ignorance bro. I am a VERY attractive dark skinned AMERICAN female and I live in NYC which is very multicultural. I have been stopped about three times by people who came from africa to America telling me that I look so much like a relative of theirs back in their country. If you go to Africa or even watch footage filmed in Africa. You WILL see someone who looks like an American " black " person. Even in Richard Pryor's stand up live on Suset Strip. he talks about his trip to Africa and goes on about how many people he seen who looked just like people back in America. We are all THE SAME PEOPLE. But you're brain washed by the divide and conquer war tactic a.k.a willie lynch . And there are MANY " black " Americans who look just like people living in Africa. And darker skinned children aren't made fun of because they resemble Africans. It's due to them indirectly being taught that being light is better via regularly scheduled programming. It's nothing wrong with having your own opinions. Just don't be offensive to others because I doubt you're the sharpest tool in the shed and find out the truth about your people first.
I do think that Blacks everywhere have been mentally colonize to one extent or another, but nowhere as much so as have we Blacks in the USA. As far as I'm CONCERNED, sisters are BEAUTIFUL whether they be dark, light or in between.
lehlohonolo

South Africa

#18849 Mar 19, 2015
african americans are africans who happens to live in america,we africans have our own names,cultures and languages what do you black americans have

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#18850 Mar 19, 2015
lehlohonolo wrote:
african americans are africans who happens to live in america,we africans have our own names,cultures and languages what do you black americans have
Is that a rhetorical question, or are you actually interested in knowing?
Sweetheart

Mountain View, CA

#18851 Mar 19, 2015
lehlohonolo wrote:
The term black Americans fits us best as we're not 100% African blood. We're not Africans living in America. We're people of African decent that don't acknowledge our European genetic ancestry. Although I'm 25% Irish/english, if asked I'm black American. We are who we are because of our history. We have our own culture and we share some of the struggles of other people of color around the world.

The title of this thread and OP's comments are bs, though.
Carlos

London, UK

#18852 Mar 19, 2015
lehlohonolo wrote:
You heard it here from an African. You blax are ACTUALLY African. Lmfao
lehlohonolo

South Africa

#18853 Mar 19, 2015
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a rhetorical question, or are you actually interested in knowing?
im not trying to know, im telling it like it is,african americans thinks they are better than africans,why?why?i ask that not fair,to think that their ancestors are from africa,thats sad
casey

South Africa

#18854 Mar 19, 2015
you find chinese people in china,mexicans in mexico,africans in africa,germans in germany,italians in italy,australians in australia,spanish in spain so where do you find african americans?in america?that not you home folks,your true home is the mother land ,even though you guys dont like us and think you better than us,but not all of you are like that.why can we just get along?
matador

Phoenix, AZ

#18855 Mar 19, 2015
lehlohonolo wrote:
Africans In America is the most accurate description.
julia

South Africa

#18856 Mar 19, 2015
im a black american but have been living in south africa for the past ten years,regardless of where you were born,if you are black you are an african.many black americans have gotten upset to be called african americans,because they have been brain washed to think that if they act american and bow as low as a dog that they will be accepted as true equals.no matter how much you bow,you will always be africans to those whom have disliked you from time.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#18857 Mar 20, 2015
lehlohonolo wrote:
<quoted text>
im not trying to know, im telling it like it is,african americans thinks they are better than africans,why?why?i ask that not fair,to think that their ancestors are from africa,thats sad
In short, you were posing a rhetorical question. Now the facts: Some African Americans, duped by racist propaganda against Africa (also intended as a weapon against us), do try to distance themselves from African and believe themselves superior. Other African-Americans actually take pride in the African past, and the African beginnings of our own cultural self-formation. At higher levels of political consciousness, some African Americans actually feel and affirm solidarity with Africa and with Blacks in other parts of the world.
In port cities like Baltimore, Black American dockworkers went on strike and refuse to lift chrome from Rhodesia during the 1070s or materials from Fascistic apartheid South AFrica. Some sought to fight as volunteers in support of Ethiopia during the Italian fascist invasion. And for some American Blacks Italy's rape of Ethiopia is what first incensed to the point of wanting to fight Fascism in Europe. Some Black members of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade volunteering to fight Franco stated they were initially motivated by the attack on Ethiopia. Black American churches, community organizations, trade unions and some businesses withdrew funds from institutions known to be investing in the apartheid regime. Black intellectuals used the power of the word, in both writing and speaking, to educate the public about struggles in southern Africa.(In the 1970s there was even an African Liberation Support Committee organized to raise funds for the liberation movements and public awareness in the USA). I was personally involved in some of this while still in high school during the 1970s, and continued into the 1980s and beyond. Black American churches raised funds for the education of South African youth who had to flee their country after the Soweto massacres. My mother's church was one of them. There were endless rallies, protests and sometimes arrests. The Black media, including the BALTIMORE AFRO-AMERICAN helped keep the issue alive. And our predecessors, folk like W.E.B. Du Bois, Paul Robeson, Lorraine Hansberry, Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, and the original Black Panther Party kept the issue of African American/African solidarity on the front burner.(I even recall a mass rally at Fisk University in which some brothers who were Vietnam vets wanted to know if THEY couldn't go to South Africa to help fight the racist regime. I recall one vet who stood up and said: "We spent years, and some lost our lives fighting the yellow man for the white man. We need to fight our REAL enemies. And I'd like to know how well those f**king crackers shooting kids in Soweto can do against BLACK MEN with GUNS!" Which got a round of applause. But ANC spokesman said that building a movement in America was the best way to assist the struggle in South Africa). To make a long story short, brother, I think if you want to tell it like it is, you need to make sure you know FULLY how it is.
ARandomDarkness

Lake Jackson, TX

#18858 May 2, 2015
I've seen some dumb comments in my time but this DEFINITELY takes the cake. I don't even know where to start. Anyways, all this talk about one ethnic group being more beautiful than the other is dumb because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Now that sounds very corny, so let's put a new spin to it. Beauty is defined by culture, meaning the media practically tells us who/what to like and what not to like. For example, there's many places in Africa where people think big lips make for much better kissers. And there's places where a more moderate size is preferred. And in some places the softer lighter look is for women, while men are considered more attractive when they are dark and tough looking.
But more importantly, this attempt to separate AAs from Africans is the main reason why AAs as a group are generally considered inferior to white people. Because if your standards of beauty revolve around how close you are to WP who in general see you as little more than animals, then there's something fundamentally wrong with you. You let others tell you what's beautiful and what's not, and that's just pathetic. In a sense, that's a lingering slave mentality, only this time the whip's the media.
I much admire Nigerians and other Africans who insist on going back to their kinsmen and women to marry. Not that I am for segregation but I respect people who have so much self respect they don't try to conform to some other person's standard of beauty.
ARandomDarkness

Lake Jackson, TX

#18859 May 2, 2015
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, you were posing a rhetorical question. Now the facts: Some African Americans, duped by racist propaganda against Africa (also intended as a weapon against us), do try to distance themselves from African and believe themselves superior. Other African-Americans actually take pride in the African past, and the African beginnings of our own cultural self-formation. At higher levels of political consciousness, some African Americans actually feel and affirm solidarity with Africa and with Blacks in other parts of the world.
You're right, what a lot of AAs don't realize is that there's a concerted effort to drive a wedge between them and Africans. On the one hand they are made to view Africans as little more than dumb, stupid animals from wartorn famine and sickness infested countries, while Africans are taught to stay away from the violent, uneducated, no good dead beat scum that are African Americans.

We see all this in the media and the way it presents both groups. Tales of conflict, poverty and backwardness in Africa versus crime and gang life in the AA populated inner cities.

And yet these same white people keep returning to African countries for trade and investment. Why's that? Because all the conditions are already set for growth and wealth. Abundant resources, affordable cost of living, lower production costs, emerging economies, growing markets, evergrowing populations of working age, take your pick.

And yet in the news they feed us all this bullshit about an Africa perpetually in misery and in need of a helping hand. And we wonder why African Americans want to distance themselves from such an image.

In other words, it's the equivalent of your homie who tells you not to go after a girl because she isn't all that then rushes in when you have your back turned.

But the tides are turning. More AAs are waking up from slumber, even if it's mostly the top tier. Notice the increase in AA celebrities like Oprah embarking on a quest to retrace their Ancestral African roots? The return of celebrities like Chris Aire (the celebrity Jeweller) and Osas Ighodaro (miss black USA 2010) to cater to the growing Nigerian entertainment industry? The signing on of several African artists in popular American record labels (DBanj by Konvict music)?

The handwriting's on the wall plain for all to see. What separates the successful from the not so successful is their ability to read it and react long before others even noticed it was there. These distinguished AAs are going there because they've forseen that the best popular future for their people lies in renewed and powerful relations with their African cousins. But the rest of the AAs prefer to it on their thumbs and ignorantly hate while the same white people they are trying to please pull away this opportunity that was theirs for the taking.
-tHe-prosEcutor-

Dubai, UAE

#18860 May 2, 2015
I thought looks and physique were personal and not communal...LOL
Der_ro

Manassas, VA

#18861 Jun 2, 2015
I don't see how any thing mentiond matters...why are ppl so content with finding some way to belittle a group of ppl or find some way to make one sound better then the other ...aren't we all just human ..
Negro Isrealite

Marcus Hook, PA

#18862 Jun 9, 2015
This is stupid we are more attractive because of the different shades we are. Simply ignorant
bantu

Seattle, WA

#18863 Jun 10, 2015
BLACK AMERICAN PRINCE wrote:
I have been talking to a lot of Africans lately and one thingthat seems to always come up is the differences between Africans and American blacks. Of course there are the cultural reasons like food, clothing, mannerisms, etc but when it comes down to discussing the genetic differences. Whenever I politely point out that there is a subtle, yet noticeable and important difference between us and them they always get defensive, and when I point out the fact that most people (who aren't African) find us (and other diaspora blacks) more attractive they get downright angry, claiming that this isn't true and that there is no difference between us and them.
I thought it was something I only noticed among a few people, but when I got curious and looked it up on the Internet I saw dozens of discussions involving pathetic Africans trying to convince the world that they are "just as attractive" and that there is "no difference". Pfft. I feel it's necessary to break down the physical differences, as I see them, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed these differences too:
1. We are a unique mix of about a dozen different west African groups, with a dash of European averaging %15. Of course we are going to look different.
2. We have, on average, lighter skin than Africans. About 20% of us are lightskinned, 60% are a medium shade of caramel or cinnamon brown skinned, and about 20% of us are dark-skinned or African-colored. These last 20% tend to get made fun of and are considered unattractive in the African American community. Personally, I would say they don't look like "real" African Americans, or at least they don't fit the quintessential look we have going.
3. We have softer features. African Americans tend to have more medium sized noses as opposed to the pinched, bird beak noses of whites and the bulbous, sausage noses of pure West Africans. We also tend to have normal sized foreheads and full lips that sit well on our faces (think Meagan Goode or Gabrielle Beauvais) as opposed to oversized lips that are spread across our face and disproportionate to the rest of our features. Generally this creates a more "moderate" African look (or what one might call "the African American look") that you see on TV shows and on the hottest young black stars (think Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Tristan Wilds, etc).
4. We have more moderate bone structure. Our faces tend to be slimmer and softer as opposed to the robust, bulging cheekbones and foreheads of Africans. This is why most Africans are considered extreme looking while AA's are not.
5. We tend to have better body types. We tend to be taller and less squat/stocky. Now don't get me wrong, a lot of AAs have that short stocky body type but they are a far smaller minority than the amount of Africans who do.
lol like most blacks you are in denial black man. the vast majority of black americans look overwhelmingly like west africans. horn africans and north africans are still africans and look about ten times better than black americans. even afro brazilians and other latin american blacks look better than afro americans.

black americans
https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/0...

nigerian
http://www.investorsinpeople.org/wp-content/u...
Mikeydonedidit

Moseley, VA

#18864 Jun 11, 2015
The person who wrote this and started this ignorant "dialogue" is an idiot. First where the hell did you get your "percentages" concerning African-American complexions? Secondly lumping Africans, the most genetically diverse people in the world, into anything that remotely speaks to making general assumptions is ascinine. Third, atleast you somewhat got the historical component of African-American origins correct-we are principally descended from West Africans ( none of us are descended from South Africans though ), however there you descend yet again into ignorance. A significant amount of African American ancestry comes from peoples such as Igbos who were from the Bight of Biafa area. The Igbos are known for having a significant number of light-skinned UNMIXED individuals, so much so that they were known during slavery for it and it is speculated that the terms Red-bone/ Yellow-bone is a word play on adverts specifically calling for Red-Igbos etc. West Africa abounds with a significant amount of light-skinned people. Strange enough the African mixture of all of the various peoples of that region mixed with that of Central Africans has given a lot of Black-Americans the look of Congolese people and not say a stereotypical Senegalese. There has been too many years of dissention planted between Africans and African-Americans and reading the comments and the initial post was like seeing the sick sentiments of truly demented people. May you grow in truly educating yourself and also gaining a true understanding of self and acknowledgement of the full galmut of African beauty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Tamil Souljah 1,348,302
most actors and singers are spiritually poor an... 8 min rebel soldier 5
thanks kkk for standing up and defending southe... 10 min rebel soldier 6
the Obama bimbo will be evicted from white 's h... 10 min rebel soldier 13
are white people human or subhuman (Nov '10) 11 min Overit 76
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 14 min Fact 40,299
Sucking big morrocan cock 15 min Suzy 10
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 22 min Moses 130,780
Black people have every reason to hate whites 28 min KIP 63
Asian woman use the 'N' word 35 min Overit 44