Are the Tutsis of Rwanda originally f...
eezee

Birmingham, UK

#152 Oct 25, 2009
Ndayitabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Tutsi's are from Ethopia and no they are no BANTUS, i am often being mistook for an Ethopian, But i am half Tutsi and half Congolese(RDC). I may Look like an Ethopian or Somalian and not like a Congolese. It Took several months to find clear answers about my past origin, when i found out that the Tutsi population oucne where slaves of the Egyptians i was shocked....But what mathers we are all Africans, some are related some aren't....what the hell
I am from congo and pure bantu and I say fuck off to all these tutsis needy.I grew up with tutsis friends who were always ashamed to be tutsis.They will invent all types of familly genealogies to prove they were congoleses.To all scumbags tutsis out there I say:stop disgracing the name Congo by claiming to be congoleses.Be proud of your origins and go back there.Congo is tired of all these parasites and beggars.For sure tutsis and somalis come from the same origin coz they are the biggest parasites on earth.They have never built a single state in their entire existence .They gp where they can have free rides.Fuckin scums!
Barros Serrano

United States

#153 Oct 25, 2009
Tutsis speak a Nilotic language. The Somali language is Cushitic. This does not indicate a common ancestry, but of course language cannot always be used as an indicator of ancestry.

Looking at the spread of Cushitic languages, it would seem they originated in the Nile valley and probably Sudan if not Egypt. That would mean that the Somali language migrated in from elsewhere.

Of course the origins of the various African language families is not entirely deciphered yet by scholars. Let's try to address these issues without bigotry and preconceptions. There is no reason to disparage anyone in Africa, whether Cushitic, Nilotic or Bantu or whatever else.

RESPECT, please.

Level 2

Since: Jan 09

Ta netjer - D.L.

#155 Oct 26, 2009
Tutsi came from Ethiopia and they are related with oromo as well.
Dinka Gudeta

Axum, Ethiopia

#156 Oct 27, 2009
I am from Ethiopia (Oromo )
I am surprised when I read the names like Hima, Ankole,Nyankole,Tutis and Dinka all names have a meaning in Affan Oromo (Oromo language). Therefore the movement of all these tribes to the south and south west direction would took place during the strong Gada system of Oromo people some 500-600 years ago. So based on physical and wards similarity to the Oromo peoples Tutis's are from Ethiopia
Sinajuavi

Winfield, WV

#157 Oct 27, 2009
Word similarities are not enough to prove ancestry or relationship.

Oromo is a problematic language. It has been classified by many as Afroasiatic, and used to bolster the theory that Afroasiatic languages originated in the Ethiopia area, but newer linguistic studies are declaring that it is NOT Afroasiatic, and so the whole issue is up in the air currently.

These questions of the origins of the Tutsi, other Nilotics, and other peoples of NE Africa are not easily resolved. Far more evidence is needed to conclusively determine just where and when each group originated.

Very interesting topic to discuss, however...
Ndayitabi

Netherlands

#158 Nov 5, 2009
eezee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from congo and pure bantu and I say fuck off to all these tutsis needy.I grew up with tutsis friends who were always ashamed to be tutsis.They will invent all types of familly genealogies to prove they were congoleses.To all scumbags tutsis out there I say:stop disgracing the name Congo by claiming to be congoleses.Be proud of your origins and go back there.Congo is tired of all these parasites and beggars.For sure tutsis and somalis come from the same origin coz they are the biggest parasites on earth.They have never built a single state in their entire existence .They gp where they can have free rides.Fuckin scums!
What the F**k,
Who are you to judge my herritage???
Ignorant people like you should learn before saying bull shit. That is WHY I hate Congolese people. They are to ignorant to believe that in the time of Mobutu tutsis and congolese where getting married and starting a family.
khalfain hisham

Kenya

#159 Nov 8, 2009
hutus, tutsi,hima and all those tribes occupying current states of rwanda, uganda, burundi, chad and DR Congo are somali origin. they trace their identity to a somali tribe called Ajurans. this miration came as aresult of a famous war among the somali community reffered to as the war of aji and ajuran. for more information, read about the origin of somalis
Princess

Murfreesboro, TN

#160 Nov 8, 2009
Tutsi people are descendants of Jews of Ethiopia through King solomon and the queen of sheba.
Mohamed

Hammerfest, Norway

#161 Nov 13, 2009
It is true the Tutsis of Burundi and Rwanda are from Ethiopia, they were cattle keepers so they migrated to east and central Africa in search of pasture and water of their livestock. Tutsis are not related to Somalis but probably they are related to Oromo of Ethiopia. Some Tutsis have that disgusting hair like of Somalis where as others do not have.
MrTutsi

Kigali, Rwanda

#162 Nov 15, 2009
Hello,
I am a Tutsi living in Rwanda and so proud to be a Tutsi.i know very well that we have a jewish blood via Ethiopia.
I have read about jewish people every time i get the opportunity and i have come to realise that we are the same peoploe.Because we stand out from the croud and defend ourselves, the world hate us and jelous.
but we love peace.
Look at the genocide committed against the Jews. The same reasons were being given when the Tutsi genocide was taking place in Rwanda.Pure hatrade!!!
But above all that, we are such a resilient people, great fighters, and intelligent. thats why we have won so many battles despite being few in numbers, and we continue to live
when i meet Ethiopian and Somali people in conferances and schools abroad, we talk about it and we seem to be too close, and like each other so much. They would Immediately ask me "from Ethiopia?" immediately i reply that, for now from Rwanda but historically from Ethiopia. They narrated to me that in the Ethiopian writtings, they talk about a tribe that went to the Great lakes region of central Africa, the present day Rwanda and Burundi. Being few in numbers, as centuries passed, the Tutsis had to learn the local bantu languages.
But the truth is i have a jewish blood and one day i will go back home, or visit home
BANTU

Otjiwarongo, Namibia

#163 Nov 15, 2009
MrTutsi wrote:
Hello,
I am a Tutsi living in Rwanda and so proud to be a Tutsi.i know very well that we have a jewish blood via Ethiopia.
I have read about jewish people every time i get the opportunity and i have come to realise that we are the same peoploe.Because we stand out from the croud and defend ourselves, the world hate us and jelous.
but we love peace.
Look at the genocide committed against the Jews. The same reasons were being given when the Tutsi genocide was taking place in Rwanda.Pure hatrade!!!
But above all that, we are such a resilient people, great fighters, and intelligent. thats why we have won so many battles despite being few in numbers, and we continue to live
when i meet Ethiopian and Somali people in conferances and schools abroad, we talk about it and we seem to be too close, and like each other so much. They would Immediately ask me "from Ethiopia?" immediately i reply that, for now from Rwanda but historically from Ethiopia. They narrated to me that in the Ethiopian writtings, they talk about a tribe that went to the Great lakes region of central Africa, the present day Rwanda and Burundi. Being few in numbers, as centuries passed, the Tutsis had to learn the local bantu languages.
But the truth is i have a jewish blood and one day i will go back home, or visit home
Funny that it is the tutsi who first commited an act of genocide to the hutu people (killing nearly 300,000 in burundi) which directly resulted in the genocide of the tutsi by the hutu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burundi_genocide
MrTutsi

Kigali, Rwanda

#164 Nov 15, 2009
My friend eezee,
Its not good to abuse people. when u abuse people no one will take you seriously. you seem to be possessed with hatrade. Tutsis, Ethiopians and the Somalis you are abusing, are such a respected people. On this forum we are discissing important issues concerning our origin.
So, just give constructive ideas instead of ashaming the Congolese pple who are peace loving people too.
By the way, i want to visit the Oroms community in Ethiopia to prove whether i come from there or not.
Pyerarama Stewart

Kampala, Uganda

#165 Nov 16, 2009
It makes a lot more sense to demonstrate civilization other than tearing each other apart,i trace my orign to Ethiopia but when i look at wars, poverty and death every where, i feel its not enough to originate anywhere but what value have you added to this planet earth, thats where all fake Africans with interest in orign must start from.
Good day folks.
Cobalt

London, UK

#166 Nov 16, 2009
Pyerarama Stewart wrote:
It makes a lot more sense to demonstrate civilization other than tearing each other apart,i trace my orign to Ethiopia but when i look at wars, poverty and death every where, i feel its not enough to originate anywhere but what value have you added to this planet earth, thats where all fake Africans with interest in orign must start from.
Good day folks.
Good post

You are clearly intelligent and insightful
Dinka Gudeta

Axum, Ethiopia

#167 Nov 18, 2009
MrTutsi

I really appreciate your Idea, that you said we have to respect each other on this forum. Unless other wise we can not discuss interesting issues raised in this forum. Any way it is interesting to trace the origin of the people belongs to the same group. If you need to know further facts on the relationships of the people living in east and central Africa, I can provide you with more information on your private mail.
Anyway, The origin of today’s ( Oromo, Dinka, Hima, Ankole, Borana and Hinjiran or Ajuran) are from the same origin. They are Cushitic origin of south Egypt or north Sudan (Meroe) some 2000-3000BC. The team was displaced due to many historical reasons.
Their name was called Megalan ( Brawn face people).The Megalan team which were arrived the upper Blue Nile basin was reorganized in the strong Gada (Oromo Political system) to explore for fertile land and grass for their cattle in all direction with in small strong groups. Each group was given a task from a Gada system to get and hand over a plot of land to the second Gada team. The formulation and regulation of the Gada were formulated in such a way that any surrended enemy or captives were mixed up to “Megalan” with out any discrimination. The rules and regulation established in the Gada system were like (Mogassa, Harmehodha and Gudifacha) which avoid discrimination, torching of all war captives. This helped the Megalan to disperse in all direction of east and central Africa of today. Then they started to get different names like Oromo for those who are living in today’s Ethiopia. Similarly, the team remain traveled to Sudan called Dinka means “surprise”. The team moves dawn to ward south or North Kenya named as Borana which is the elder in Oromo family. The team pushed further to Uganda named as Hima means “Teller of the message”. The team further went to West Tenzania called Ankole means “ Big container milk ” and the team pushed dawn to Rwanda, Burundi and Zaire is called Ho-tusi means “related the milk” and a people inter to Somalia is Wajiran means “Requsting for some thing” all the meanings are in Oromifa language.
Historian

Marina, CA

#168 Nov 18, 2009
I think they are from "FunkyTown", a city in the colony if "Jive", located in the great "Jiggaboonia".
kamit4ever

Vancouver, Canada

#169 Nov 18, 2009
King Ahzi wrote:
The Tutsi`s did originate from the horn of Africa but moved southward. I did a report on it in college. The Bantu`s came in later from West Africa and mixed with them.
Look at you! Did you even get a D with that so-called report? Where did you learn your theory of West Africa bantu migration from?
kamit4ever

Vancouver, Canada

#170 Nov 18, 2009
MrTutsi wrote:
Hello,
but we love peace.
You have nothing to do with the Jews. I have not come across any existing scientific facts that could racially relate Tutsis to the Jews. Someone has brought here on this thread the DNA composotion of the Tutsis and there is nothing that could differentiate Tutsi DNA from other Africans. Just be proud of your African origins and from where you are.

The Bantu tribe of the Lemba people who look nothing "Caucasian" has one of the highest DNA percentages of Cohen, or priests clan of the Jews. Could that make them Jews? I would say no.

Jews are known for playing race cards to get into other people's issues for centuries. They may say you are one of them but you need to be careful and analyze what is behind their head. BE CAREFUL OR YOU WILL FALL IN THEIR TRAP. Use your head to understand and try your best to keep you EMOTIONS down.

Africans who are happy to be called Jews must sit down and think twice. Africans should not give into the idea that Jews are God's chosen people and stop trying to be Jews. ALL RACES ARE CHOSEN period.

Lets us learn from History, brothers and sisters.
MrTutsi

Kigali, Rwanda

#171 Nov 19, 2009
Hi Dinka Gudeta,

Thank you so much for sharing with me that rich history. if you have any thing written about the origins like you have indicated, pliz share it with me.I love that history. I will appreciate it so much. My Email is [email protected]

Thanks
MrTutsi

Kigali, Rwanda

#172 Nov 19, 2009
Well said kamit4ever.
Some times its good to have these forums where we share ideas. some times what we are told might not be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 10 min Moses 48,738
Why do blacks here stick up for Somalis when So... (Mar '12) 13 min Italian-somali 85
How did Jesus and the Hebrews become WHITE? (Dec '13) 19 min Moses 45
The laughable irbm negative stereotype. 30 min Sweetheart4 6
Bbm pins 2016 1 hr Shannon 18
If the real Jews are Black (Dec '14) 1 hr MICHA 390
News George W. Bush: Museum celebrates not only equa... 1 hr Andrew 3
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 2 hr obama 35,230
IR at the walmart 4 hr Mick 46
This is why no one takes afrocentrics seriously 5 hr Moses 480
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 8 hr wdt26 6,485
More from around the web