Are the Tutsis of Rwanda originally f...
didi

UK

#107 Nov 4, 2008
Tutsis are mor likely to be of masai origin than anything else:they look exactely like masais.Some tutsis claimed to be jews but these are scammers who want money and support from jews.If anything,culturally and genetically jews have more in common with bantus than with tutsis(lembas,etc..).Tutsis never practiced circumcision which is one of the tenants of judaism.Tutsis have nothing in common with bantus.They are more likely to be related to somalis and masais and not with ethiopians coz ethiopians are mixed bantus/asians/whites.

“Peace”

Since: Aug 08

Awaare

#108 Nov 4, 2008
No i thought they were originally from Ethiopia and moved south

“The Ah-Nizzle”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles

#109 Nov 4, 2008
The Tutsi`s did originate from the horn of Africa but moved southward. I did a report on it in college. The Bantu`s came in later from West Africa and mixed with them.
DMutabazi

Amriswil, Switzerland

#110 Dec 22, 2008
Franck wrote:
Hey Cushitic Princess, hold dog dit muslimske arabfedterøv kæft, I'm tutsi and I'm 190 cm tall, narrow nose, small lips, and I find it insulting that you call all tutsis bantu, you know nothing about us, my tip-tip-tip-tip-tip grandparents by tales thorugh generation migrated from Southern Ethiopia and as the generation went by the real tutsis talked the slaves'(hutus) language, so shut the fuck up, most of us are not bantus, all those ppl saying we are are just trying to prove that shithutus are our brothers. So talk about u know
Very strong words... I am Tutsi too, but I do not feel insulted. Hutu's are human too. There may be some bad elements (which led to the genocide), but we are all human. I do not think it is helpful to post such aggressive and negative, inflamatory remarks. What good could come out of it?
DMutabazi

Amriswil, Switzerland

#111 Dec 22, 2008
King Ahzi wrote:
The Tutsi`s did originate from the horn of Africa but moved southward. I did a report on it in college. The Bantu`s came in later from West Africa and mixed with them.
Interesting post. So based on your research, the Hutu came after the Tutsi. I think because of the relative proximity, there were always Bantu coming into Rwanda and Burundi from other predominantly Bantu countries in the region e.g. Uganda, Tanzania, Congo, Angola etc...

The migration of Hamitic people's from the North may have occurred in different waves 1300-1400 years ago and the Bantu (Hutu's) earlier, continuously and to date, from neighbouring countries. Bantu groups migrating into these regions would naturally take on a Hutu identity based on appearance and methods of subsistence. On the other hand you do have Hamitic and Pastoral groups like the Hema and Bahima in the Congo (Zaire) and western Uganda whose social-economic practices (until recently) were more or less identical to those of the Tutsi (not forgeting appearance).

My question to you is- What are your sources for the information you have posted? I would be interested in pursuing this objectively and could very much learn from you.
Sinajuavi

United States

#112 Dec 22, 2008
Tutsis are Nilotic peoples, like Dinka or Masai. Thus it is far more likely that they migrated southward from Ethiopia than Somalia. Somalis speak a Semitic language.

While what the Bantu-speaking Hutus did in the well-publicized genocide was atrocious, keep in mind that Tutsi militia have committed similar atrocities in the time since, and they and others have turned the area around Rwanda-Congo-Uganda in a mess.

Nobody is innocent in this. Including France, Belgium and the USA.

“The Ah-Nizzle”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles

#114 Dec 25, 2008
DMutabazi wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post. So based on your research, the Hutu came after the Tutsi. I think because of the relative proximity, there were always Bantu coming into Rwanda and Burundi from other predominantly Bantu countries in the region e.g. Uganda, Tanzania, Congo, Angola etc...
The migration of Hamitic people's from the North may have occurred in different waves 1300-1400 years ago and the Bantu (Hutu's) earlier, continuously and to date, from neighbouring countries. Bantu groups migrating into these regions would naturally take on a Hutu identity based on appearance and methods of subsistence. On the other hand you do have Hamitic and Pastoral groups like the Hema and Bahima in the Congo (Zaire) and western Uganda whose social-economic practices (until recently) were more or less identical to those of the Tutsi (not forgeting appearance).
My question to you is- What are your sources for the information you have posted? I would be interested in pursuing this objectively and could very much learn from you.
As soon as i can get the link i would be more than happy to share with you. I was just going of what i wrote in back in school and that was 7 years ago.
Rahul

Leicester, UK

#115 Dec 25, 2008
From
Genetics and History of Sub-Saharan Africa",Yearbook of Physical Anthropology 30 (1987), pp. 151-194

The Tutsi and Hima, despite being surrounded by Bantu populations, are "closer genetically to Cushites and Ethiosemites".
no name

Ottawa, Canada

#116 Jan 18, 2009
The Tutsis do not at alllll loook like Hutus
Hutus have big noses but tutsi s have a straight nose almost like somalians or Caucasian features
We are soo not similiar 2 hutus even during the genocide the hutus recognized the tutsi because of how they looked liked and who ever said that hutus where died more than tutsi s trust meee SHAME ON YOU!!! and if you want say somthing like that dont say it all because we all no what happend and dont make yourself sound stupid . Kagame did not kill anyone by the way.

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#117 Jan 19, 2009
no name wrote:
The Tutsis do not at alllll loook like Hutus
Hutus have big noses but tutsi s have a straight nose almost like somalians or Caucasian features
We are soo not similiar 2 hutus even during the genocide the hutus recognized the tutsi because of how they looked liked and who ever said that hutus where died more than tutsi s trust meee SHAME ON YOU!!! and if you want say somthing like that dont say it all because we all no what happend and dont make yourself sound stupid . Kagame did not kill anyone by the way.
if you bring a hatu and tutsi in my face I wouldnt know the difference..no offense but you all look like eachother...
Soldierman

Crawley, UK

#118 Jan 19, 2009
Tutsi beauty

Brampton, Canada

#119 Mar 7, 2009
umm Im a Tutsi and Tutsi are not Bantu's Hutu's are Bantu's. Tutsi's are from the south of Ethiopia who migrated east to Rwanda and adopted the Bantu language.
NYC girl

Atlanta, GA

#120 Mar 7, 2009
noooo, but the Hutus ARE from hatersville
Dina

Brampton, Canada

#121 Mar 7, 2009
I am 100% Tutsi I have no Hutu blood and i look Somali i am always mistaken for a Somali my hair isn't nappy its pretty soft and I am pretty tall I truly believe that Tutsi migrated from Ethiopia and just adopted the Bantu language there are many Tutsi who look Hutu because of intermarriages but many do not marry out of their Tutsi culture.But just because some Tutsi do not look Somali or Oromo doesn't mean we are not Somali or Oromo.
Amaru Isdine

Hatfield, UK

#122 Mar 21, 2009
tutsi are tutsi hutu are hutu, somalians are somalians, west is west east is east and we all african whether u r balck, green , blue, dark ....the different is the way we look. some of us are cute some r puuuush i don't wanna mention it cos u know it nawy.listen 2 dis tusti belong to every1, trust i'm 4rom rwanda and tutsi if u don't mind. we have those who look like somalians, ethiopians, eritreans, cape verte, we av those who look like nigerians or ghanians or Hutu, we av thos who seem like south african. n guess what our language sound like some of otha african language. example like shona in zimbabwe, botswana language,some, kenyan,tanzanian ugandan language and at time sounds laki cicewa in malawi. ehh and that's the beauty of tusti, we relate to every1 but some people find it hard 2 take in, but heyyy it's all gud mab it will come with the knowledge of who we r. jst keep on learning
Ndayitabi

Netherlands

#123 Apr 2, 2009
CuShitic_PrinceSs wrote:
<quoted text>
They are bantus not Ethiopians, Somalians, Sudanese. They are bantus bantus bantus and related to their fellow bantus both genetically and culturally. they might look like Somalis because they are tall like us and have the same features but they are not related to us except that we are both Black/Africans.
Tutsi's are from Ethopia and no they are no BANTUS, i am often being mistook for an Ethopian, But i am half Tutsi and half Congolese(RDC). I may Look like an Ethopian or Somalian and not like a Congolese. It Took several months to find clear answers about my past origin, when i found out that the Tutsi population oucne where slaves of the Egyptians i was shocked....But what mathers we are all Africans, some are related some aren't....what the hell
kikuyuguy

Nairobi, Kenya

#124 Apr 2, 2009
I've been to Kigali twice,syayed in Remera and heres my opinion. Tutsis migrated ina succession of waves from S.Ethiopia,the last being in 1611.
I have saw this tutsi guy once, and he looked Somali, except his hair was really nappy. They also speak a kushtic language like Somalis, Afar and Oromos.I would say Oromos, but I don't know if Oromos are tall like typical Somalis.So, do you think that they're from Somalia originally?
Zamzam,you couldn't be more wrong!!Tutsis speak Kinyarwanda and Kirundi,understood by other E.African bantu speakers.
I've seen both hutu and Tutsis who resemble my relatives. On my first trip in 2001 a Tutsi lady mistook me for her nephew and the following year in Uganda,a Muhima girl thought I was her dead brother.
Gentoypes and phenotypes are not reliable racial indicators.
Btw, I know for a fact,more hutus than Hutus died!! Sometimes in April,hotel Rwanda and all the mainstream media attention are all deliberate bs,disguising what Kagame and the Americans did in the region.
WakeUpPeople

Groton, CT

#125 Apr 2, 2009
kikuyuguy wrote:
I've been to Kigali twice,syayed in Remera and heres my opinion. Tutsis migrated ina succession of waves from S.Ethiopia,the last being in 1611.
I have saw this tutsi guy once, and he looked Somali, except his hair was really nappy. They also speak a kushtic language like Somalis, Afar and Oromos.I would say Oromos, but I don't know if Oromos are tall like typical Somalis.So, do you think that they're from Somalia originally?
Zamzam,you couldn't be more wrong!!Tutsis speak Kinyarwanda and Kirundi,understood by other E.African bantu speakers.
I've seen both hutu and Tutsis who resemble my relatives. On my first trip in 2001 a Tutsi lady mistook me for her nephew and the following year in Uganda,a Muhima girl thought I was her dead brother.
Gentoypes and phenotypes are not reliable racial indicators.
Btw, I know for a fact,more hutus than Hutus died!! Sometimes in April,hotel Rwanda and all the mainstream media attention are all deliberate bs,disguising what Kagame and the Americans did in the region.
Tutsi and Hutus had nothing to with superificial reasoning during the German rule - it had everything to do with financial status. You guys are incredible. As a result, the Belgian change it to superficial reasoning to divide and conquer the people. For the record, those from Somalia do not have Caucasoid features.
princess

Murfreesboro, TN

#127 Apr 8, 2009
The features and beauty of ethiopian and somali women, and tutsi women of rwanda and burundi,and hamitic women of uganda,is another way to tell you that these people have something in common and are related in one way or another.

Since: Mar 09

UK

#128 Apr 8, 2009
somalis are nomads so it could be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More questions blacks won't answer... 1 min Harrisson 21
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Coffee Party 1,685,558
Why does nothing ever work for Negroes? 3 min Sarah 2nd Grade 79
Affecting people with the flu virus literally a... 5 min Yisraelite Suprem... 18
smelly crackers 7 min Ugly monkeys 2
You always knew they were dumb but not this dumb! 10 min Got_Rope 1
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 11 min Lawrence Wolf 99
The white race will rise again 14 min sucks 46
Racist White People on MLK Day. 24 min Sarah 2nd Grade 170
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 415
More from around the web