BREAKING NEWS: women placed on the f...
aisling-

Port Clinton, OH

#132 Jan 25, 2013
Congress? Congress who, right, King Barry? What's a few more leaks, eh, Barry? Sounds like par for the course.

1-23-13

"Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said it was “unacceptable” for the Defense Department to leak news about lifting the ban on women serving in direct combat positions prior to briefing Congress.

News reports on Wednesday citing “senior defense officials” said that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was lifting the ban, put in place in 1994. Specific details were not provided but it was reported that Panetta would make an official announcement on Thursday.

“It is unacceptable that information on the Defense Department’s plans related to women in combat was leaked prior to Congress being briefed,” said Inhofe.“As a result, we don’t yet know the details of this announcement. Based on my conversation today with Deputy Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, I believe that Secretary Panetta will provide specific direction to the services on how to evaluate and identify opportunities for women to further serve their country.”

“I do not believe this will be a broad opening of combat roles for women, because as the 2012 report indicated, there are ‘serious practical barriers which must be resolved so that the department can maximize the safety and privacy of all military members while maintaining military readiness,’” said Inhofe.

Numerous inquiries to the Pentagon for clarification on the issue were not answered before this story was posted."
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/inhofe-unacce...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#133 Jan 25, 2013
ROMPER STOMPER wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone can toss out accusations of someone "trolling". Proving it is another thing. If you have the "goods" on the poster in question , than lay your cards on the table and prove it. I'll check in later , or tomorrow , and see if you provided proof. I'm not exactly holding my breath , though.
Maybe you have a personal problem with her , but that's you. I don't involve myself in other people's "drama" , real or imagined. I will continue to converse with interesting and intelligent people on here , and I place her at/near the top of the list. I can't help you if you object to that.
Easily played? Ok, if you say so lol. Yeah , she's manipulating me and drawing me into her sinister web of deceipt and lies , toying with me while planning my pending demise. Miss , please stop it with this silliness.
Miss , if you're in Oak Park , just go out and head east. Cross over Harlem Avenue , and you'll find yourself in the little "cow town" where I was born and raised. Now tell me , have you ever met some dimwitted rube from Chicago? We Chitown folk are born with just a little "street smarts" and savvy , so you don't worry your pretty little head about me being "played" , ok?
Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
Obviously I post/debate pretty heavily my feelings on controversial subjects, so I'm not looking for acceptance, lol. If I wanted to cuss people out or use gutter language (much, anyway)/racial epitaths, I would. It's just not my style/part of my personality or things that come into my brain. I post how I think and how I would talk to someone in person if we were in a heated debate or whatever. I really don't get the "being many people" thing. This is just me.

Carol does not like White women and supposedly thinks we are federal agents on here, so....
aisling-

Port Clinton, OH

#134 Jan 25, 2013
Personally, I don't believe women should serve in combat for the obvious reasons. However, if any person, male or female, refuses to serve when called up, then they should revoke their citizenship and no longer should they be allowed to themselves an American, IMO.
aisling-

Port Clinton, OH

#135 Jan 25, 2013
*allowed to refer to themselves as an American, even.

Location hidden

#136 Jan 25, 2013
aisling- wrote:
Personally, I don't believe women should serve in combat for the obvious reasons. However, if any person, male or female, refuses to serve when called up, then they should revoke their citizenship and no longer should they be allowed to themselves an American, IMO.
Hi Aisling. Do you believe that women should have to sign up for selective service or be eligible for the draft?

Location hidden

#137 Jan 25, 2013
Panetta: Women May Be Included in Future Draft

Jan 25, 2013 Military.com | by Bryant Jordan

Females may be included in the Selective Service and qualify for a potential draft should one be ordered by the president, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said.

The U.S. military’s civilian leader lamented that he didn’t know who ran the Selective Service, but whoever does will “have to exercise some judgment based on what we just did,” Panetta said at a Pentagon press conference Thursday.

On Thursday, Panetta and Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, lifted the official ban on women serving in combat roles, removing gender barriers from jobs in the military.

Congress established the U.S. Selective Service as an independent federal agency in 1940, one year ahead of the start of World War II. Presidents had drafted men in previous wars, but this was the first time it was established in peace time. In America’s history, the military has never drafted a woman or ordered her to register for the Selective Service.

That could change as the service leaders determine how to institute the new policy of allowing women to serve in combat arms specialties. In doing so, it may force Congress or the president to include women or scrap the Selective Service, analysts said.

“That, frankly, could be true,” Nancy Duff Campbell, co-president of the National Women’s Law Center in Washington, D.C., told Military.com .

The Supreme Court cited the exclusion of women from combat in its ruling 30 years ago that the male-only Selective Service System was constitutional.

The inclusion of women in combat roles means a new constitutional challenge to the men-only system could turn out differently, Campbell said. That or the Supreme Court could rule that Selective Service can remain in effect only if women are required to register.

Elaine Donnelly, president of the Center for Military Readiness, called the Pentagon’s decision “ill-advised.” In part, she said, because it will affect “unsuspecting civilian women, who will face equal obligations to register for Selective Service when a future federal court rules in favor of litigation brought by the [American Civil Liberties Union] on behalf of men.”
aisling-

Port Clinton, OH

#138 Jan 25, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Aisling. Do you believe that women should have to sign up for selective service or be eligible for the draft?
If it's the law, then yes. If a person wish to dodge the draft while others are sent to war, then, as I've always felt, they are not an American and should be forced to leave this country after serving time. If one's country calls one up, then it's one's duty to go and just like everyone else who's called up. I have very little tolerance for those who refuse to serve when called up. So yes. Male or female, if it's the law, it's one's duty to serve their country.

Personally, I believe that this country would probably be a whole lot better off it it were required that all those of an eligible age, male and female, were required to serve in the Armed Forces. Even in peace time.

Have a good weekend, sONE.
aisling-

Port Clinton, OH

#139 Jan 25, 2013
Might I add, perhaps rather than sending women to fight in combat, and if selective service/a draft is implemented, is to not send the females into combat but allow women to fill non-combat positions so that able bodied men would be able to serve in combat.

If this country is at war and someone refuses to serve? Then get the h*ll out. God help us in that people are more concerned about themselves than this country facing the enemy.

Location hidden

#141 Jan 25, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's the law, then yes. If a person wish to dodge the draft while others are sent to war, then, as I've always felt, they are not an American and should be forced to leave this country after serving time. If one's country calls one up, then it's one's duty to go and just like everyone else who's called up. I have very little tolerance for those who refuse to serve when called up. So yes. Male or female, if it's the law, it's one's duty to serve their country.
Personally, I believe that this country would probably be a whole lot better off it it were required that all those of an eligible age, male and female, were required to serve in the Armed Forces. Even in peace time.
Have a good weekend, sONE.
I'm a bit surprised you'd feel that way about women being drafted, not because they are "too good" or "too special" not to be- but because of tradition, family units, etc.

If the US was being attacked on our shores- I would not have to be told to help defend it- I would. The thought of starting a family and then being told to go to Lybia or Afghanistan does not bode well. I know there are husbands and their wives who are in the military at the same time- with little children- as a choice- but I don't think children should have this done to their families by force unless it is the most extreme emergency within our nation or approaching it.

Location hidden

#142 Jan 25, 2013
^^^^^typo LIBYA.
aisling-

Port Clinton, OH

#143 Jan 25, 2013
"Mandatory Military Service Would Benefit the U.S.

Would you like to see your son, daughter, niece, nephew or teenage neighbor become hard-working, respectful, disciplined, honorable and prepared for life? Would you like to see crime, teenage pregnancy and substance abuse rates decline? No, this is not an advertisement for a magic pill; this is an argument for mandatory military service.

Each passing generation produces teenagers who are more and more brazen, disrespectful, lazy and ill-qualified for success in the real world. Thus, our society becomes more dangerous, depleted and dishonest every year. With one simple – albeit radical – move, our government could eliminate these problems and help our children and our country reach their potential. Mandatory military service, or conscription, could cure many of our societal ills and allow American teenagers to truly reach their potential.

Mandatory military service is one of the oldest forms of national service and is common to both democratic and non-democratic countries. Such democratic countries as Austria, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey require male and occasionally female citizens to participate in military service when they become 18 years old. These countries prove that conscription, when handled properly, can be an asset to the military, the society and the conscript.

Here's my basic plan for American conscription: Every able-bodied citizen (both men and women) must honorably serve at least two years in the United States military before they are 25 years old. They can enter the military branch of their liking, request to be trained in a specific field, and serve in the state of their choice.

Furthermore, the military will guarantee that conscience objectors or conscripts wary of conflict will be placed only in non-hostile positions. After two years of service, conscripts are free to depart the military if they choose to do so."

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/...

Location hidden

#144 Jan 25, 2013
Axe_V12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment aisling, but "they should be forced to leave the country" has some problems. If they're American citizens (obviously in the loosest sense of the word), where do we send them? How can we righteously foist such a loser, a product of our society, on some other unsuspecting nation?
Such a cowardly citizen is our problem, sadly. We still have the death penalty for high treason, which to me would seem more appropriate than to burden Mexico or Canada with our trash.
Do you believe that after all this time we should change the policy and have women sign up for selective service and be eligible for the draft?

Location hidden

#146 Jan 25, 2013
Axe_V12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm probably more old-fashioned than the average guy, but I think if women CHOOSE to sign up as a moral choice, that's fine. I don't think it should be required. That may be something that's surely coming down the pike, but I don't necessarily feel as society we're there yet.
I rather prefer the concept of men protecting women and women protecting families, communities and societies through what I would call the feminine gift for communication and creating bonds, but I'll admit that the idea sounds kind of outmoded.
I do think we shouldn't ignore inherent differences, biological skill sets in the sexes. That seems short-sighted and irresponsible to me. I don't see why we can't be "equal" without dismissing everything that mother nature gave us.
I agree with you. I really don't see why, all of a sudden almost, most all remaining age old tradtions are just thrown out, and why is it good?

I know women make a great contribution to the military and at first I thought, If some of the ones who join want to volunteer to join the front lines and are capable of passing the physical tests they have for men- then let them. There are women police officers after all. However, at second thought I knew it would open up the draft- it is the obvious follow up.
THE RELIC

United States

#147 Jan 25, 2013
1. Separate the father from his family and his children

2. Separate the mother from her family and her children.

WHO WILL RAISE THE CHILDREN? THE STATE!

“Booyah!”

Level 5

Since: Jun 09

Laramie, WY

#149 Jan 25, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.:) I really enjoy reading your posts and can relate to a lot you say.
I'm not sure how to characterize myself politically. I have definite opinions on many issues- but they don't all fall under one specific political belief system by any means. I think I'm a combination of things- I just say Constitutionalist. What are some views you have on impotant issues as a Liberatarian- such as the wars and job offshoring?
White and straight- whoever would have thought that would be a negative- AND I imagine some of those people you speak of are also White. I also live in a college town and currently attend a univerity in my town. I have lived at my parents home the entire time I've been in college. I'm so glad that I didn't have to live on campus and I have not gotten to know any other students at the university. I just stick with the friends I've had since childhood for the most part. Some of us have gone different directions with our political views as we grew up- but none of them are "fanatics" or activists in ways I can't deal with- so we just concentrate on other things and remain friends. My very closest friends, for the most part, have political beliefs close to mine.
Actually, it seems all kinds of people are kind of open to being my friend/aquaintance- but the place where I live is kind of more laid back and many people seem to have a more loving attitude than a lot of other places. It's hard to explain, lol. As more new people move in, that seems to change though. I just find comfort in being around my long term "people" who are like family to me by now.
Yes, I do let the current times bring me down too much, but there's not much choice at this point than to "roll with it". I think the cluelessness of many people is just astounding to me and that's what bothers me most.
Wow, I bet that your family, coming from the former Yugoslavia has a lot of foresight concerning negative trends and understand what it means when they see the way things are progressing.
Weii . You might be enjoying them a little more , as I have vowed to refrain from swearing in all future postings. It's childish , and I also have cut back on my daily caffeine intake , which was probably the primary cause behind my foul language laced rantings lol.

My political viewpoints on "hot" issues? You might have to PM me if you want my FULL opinion concerning those , as I don't want to take up two full pages of this thread , but here's a little sampling : AGAINST Iraq War from the moment the neo-con contingent drew up the plans. Saddam Hussein was not a threat to the U.S., he was a threat to another Mid-East nation , and I believe we were "suckered" into doing their dirty work. I shall say no more , as I do not want to lure "Barros Serrano" in here threatening me. Not in the mood for that today. Gay marriage should be decided on a state-to-state basis. I will never march in the street in support of , nor will I march against it. It's a time wasting non-issue to me , and if California wants it , and Texas does not , that'fine with me. I'm in favor of legalizing weed , as long as it's strictly regulated. I , ahem , do not partake in that activity , and if stoners want to , well then they can pay and help contribute to their states' financial well being. We seem to be running out of legitimate forms of revenue in this country , and weed seems to be a logical choice , IMO. I pretty much agree with the FOX newscaster John Stossel on 90% of what he preaches., if that helps illustrate where I stand on things.

Living at home during college? Smart girl. You're probably not getting caught up in the whole partying/sorority BS. You have your priorities straight. Have you declared a major yet? I hope you are more responsible in college than I was. I spent more time in Panama City than I did in class, UNTIL my folks read me the "riot act". I turned it around pretty d*mn quick after that lol.
Lopez

Perris, CA

#150 Jan 25, 2013
aisling- wrote:
Might I add, perhaps rather than sending women to fight in combat, and if selective service/a draft is implemented, is to not send the females into combat but allow women to fill non-combat positions so that able bodied men would be able to serve in combat.
If this country is at war and someone refuses to serve? Then get the h*ll out. God help us in that people are more concerned about themselves than this country facing the enemy.
God's not going to help the struggle of war mongers because Mr.'turn the other cheek said so.
Indeed help yourself in following your own individual conscience,and,in parallel to that you'de be violating one's individual religious liberty especially with those young christ'ians who dont believe that war is answer to human dilemmas of any kind.

They're must at "least" be those who are exempted to the rule,just as you believe women shouldnt be combative in war,you know?
Lopez

Perris, CA

#151 Jan 25, 2013
..And by the way who is the "enemy" anyways?.. most civilians dont even have a proper knowledge of who "the enemy" is,yet they assume their leaders do,right? Wonderful lol
Two White Crows

AOL

#152 Jan 25, 2013
SHEETS O FIRE wrote:
<quoted text>
you know gays inside and out dont you sissyboy
Knigguhzz and gays should be the only ones in the army.... in that way we could kill two birds with one stone given that no one gives a shyyt for either of the two.

oh yeah they shouldnt be given any guns while engaging the enemy either.
African AE

Randburg, South Africa

#153 Jan 25, 2013
sONE wrote:
^^^Equality
Yes women should go to war! Thee Israeli women have been fighting in the army for years and the Muslims even have female suicide bombers, so yes its a good idea for US women to fight as well!

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#154 Jan 25, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because women are equal to men and should have equal responsibilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 4 min Mara 133,338
Black men dating white women = genocide of whit... 6 min Johnny 6
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 7 min Dateman 6,254
3 Types of Somali women 10 min freddie47 3
Africans that talk bad about african americans ... 16 min lord evil 6
Ir dating is hurting the white race 20 min lord evil 7
black women like anal sex from white men 30 min lord evil 16
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr KiloEcho 43,559
More from around the web