Level 3

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3207 Mar 18, 2013
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
You baited the poster with your unsupportable question.
In the light of modern scientific DNA analyses, your question is now completely racist and therefore infuriating.
Most educated Ethiopians do not want to be or think of themselves as anything other than decent Human Beings.
There is NO shame in being Capoid, or Australoid, or Mongoloid, or Pygmoid, or Negroïd, or Caucasoid, or any combination thereof, or even from some transitional evolutionary stage between one and another.
You can't rightfully insist that all dark People be compelled to swear fealty to your OWN misplaced hubris, either.
curious me, ignore her........i know her.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3209 Mar 18, 2013
bethethio wrote:
<quoted text> curious me, ignore her........i know her.
ignore whom?

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3210 Mar 18, 2013
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but YOU are being extremely irrational.
Negros who are citizen residents of the U.S. proudly call themselves African-Americans.
While I do agree that they are indeed //**"AMERICANS"//**, as there citizenship affirms,
I would question the validity of Negro-Americans referring to themselves as "AFRICAN".
"AMERICANS", whose ancestral origins are from Europe, are tecnically NOT correct in referring to themselves as European-Americans since that would imply that they are Naturalized-Americans that were born in Europe.
In fact some Western European Countries have a verbal way of distinguishing
'ANCESTRAL-LINEAGE' from
'GEO-POLITICAL-ORIGIN'
EXAMPLE:
American citizens BORN in the U.S.
1.)w/English ancestry are ANGLO
(never English)
2.)w/French ancestry are FRANCO
(not French)
3.)w/Spanish ancestry are HISPANO
(never Spanish)
4.)w/Ethiopian ancestry are Aethiopid(heh heh)
(though I'm certain to get yelled at by every Aethiopid here)
This convention is conspicuously important because Spain, France, and England were the major colonizers of the Americas.
It is hilariously absurd to assert that "ANGLOS" born in Africa, as citizens of South Africa, are not in fact South Africans.
""AMERICANS", whose ancestral origins are from Europe, are tecnically NOT correct in referring to themselves as European-Americans since that would imply that they are Naturalized-Americans that were born in Europe."

well not exactly. many multi-generational white americans of certain ethnic groups will sometimes refer to themselves in that concatenated hyphenated way "italian-american" for example.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3211 Mar 18, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
""AMERICANS", whose ancestral origins are from Europe, are tecnically NOT correct in referring to themselves as European-Americans since that would imply that they are Naturalized-Americans that were born in Europe."
well not exactly. many multi-generational white americans of certain ethnic groups will sometimes refer to themselves in that concatenated hyphenated way "italian-american" for example.
Well yeah, but notice how the Italians were conspicuously NOT part of that very short list.

I did say that France, England, and Spain were the countries that colonized the Americas...Italy was not.

Perhaps that's why it does not often follow that other Europeans necessarily have verbal constructs of that sort,

but still they do not refer to themselves as Europeans but rather make reference to their particular ancestral country, not as a political affiliation, but as deep ancestral ties.

Spain, France, and England probably developed such distinctions as Hispano, Franco, and/or Anglo because all three were Major Empires and therefore a proportionately much large percentage of those three different ancestries had Peoples scattered outside of the actual country of ancestral origin.

It is important to a that individual that he be referred to in a manner that more properly reflects his ancestry without interfering with how his citizenship status is presented.

In other words, most likely, Italians hadn't really given it as much thought as an Hispano, a Franco, or an Anglo would have.

The 'proof-of-the-pudding' is that a Franco might be more likely than an Hispano or an Anglo to not follow that convention, but that in my opinion would be because France's Empire was much smaller than either Spain's or England's.

Oh and I through the "Aethiopids" in just for grins.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone.

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3212 Mar 19, 2013
There are 90 tribes in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is not a race but a name a nation. Most of the tribe are black African. BUT HABESHA NOT BLACK.
Anonymous

Satellite Provider

#3213 Mar 19, 2013
I am habesha and i am black

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3214 Mar 19, 2013
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah, but notice how the Italians were conspicuously NOT part of that very short list.
I did say that France, England, and Spain were the countries that colonized the Americas...Italy was not.
Perhaps that's why it does not often follow that other Europeans necessarily have verbal constructs of that sort,
but still they do not refer to themselves as Europeans but rather make reference to their particular ancestral country, not as a political affiliation, but as deep ancestral ties.
Spain, France, and England probably developed such distinctions as Hispano, Franco, and/or Anglo because all three were Major Empires and therefore a proportionately much large percentage of those three different ancestries had Peoples scattered outside of the actual country of ancestral origin.
It is important to a that individual that he be referred to in a manner that more properly reflects his ancestry without interfering with how his citizenship status is presented.
In other words, most likely, Italians hadn't really given it as much thought as an Hispano, a Franco, or an Anglo would have.
The 'proof-of-the-pudding' is that a Franco might be more likely than an Hispano or an Anglo to not follow that convention, but that in my opinion would be because France's Empire was much smaller than either Spain's or England's.
Oh and I through the "Aethiopids" in just for grins.
Please forgive me if I have offended anyone.
well it seemed you were suggesting that aa were the only multi-generational americans who hyphenate. you can find this with italians, irish, polish, basically any ethnic community regardless of how long they've been in the country. you even have puerto ricans who by default are americans, and may have been living in the mainland for generations, will self-identify as just puerto rican, without adding the 'american' part.

so, imo, it just depends on the group.

Level 5

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3215 Mar 19, 2013
samrawit wrote:
There are 90 tribes in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is not a race but a name a nation. Most of the tribe are black African. BUT HABESHA NOT BLACK.
And Russians are not white.

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3216 Mar 19, 2013
samrawit wrote:
The debate as to 'Ethiopians are black or not' can not be argumentative, as color is veriable in nature. Classifying people as black and white was popular in the 17th century, mainly in the U.S. at which time Ethiopians were not in the U.S. We Ethiopians still do not precisely understand what actually meant by 'Black' or 'White'. We don't give that value as we don't have color based race problem.

One can imagine if the most hated slavery could have included Ethiopians, then we are likely to be labelled as Black, so classifying as black is not just color based, but linked with Slavery. The fact that we didn't pass through that slavery made the people of the U.S to think Ethiopians as non-Black. However, if you think of the classification as just color, we Ethiopians are mainly Black.

Still, you can view the classification based on genetics, in which case 62% of the Ethiopians cluster with middle east, as per studies

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.co...

That is not important at all, as race is mainly defined by the Society, and not by us. I personally beleive that most of the world today consider we Ethiopians as Blacks, although the case is slightly diffrent in the U.S black community. I am personally happy to be labelled as 'Black' but most importantly as 'Ethiopian'

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3217 Mar 20, 2013
Glimmer wrote:
<quoted text>
The debate as to 'Ethiopians are black or not' can not be argumentative, as color is veriable in nature. Classifying people as black and white was popular in the 17th century, mainly in the U.S. at which time Ethiopians were not in the U.S. We Ethiopians still do not precisely understand what actually meant by 'Black' or 'White'. We don't give that value as we don't have color based race problem.
One can imagine if the most hated slavery could have included Ethiopians, then we are likely to be labelled as Black, so classifying as black is not just color based, but linked with Slavery. The fact that we didn't pass through that slavery made the people of the U.S to think Ethiopians as non-Black. However, if you think of the classification as just color, we Ethiopians are mainly Black.
Still, you can view the classification based on genetics, in which case 62% of the Ethiopians cluster with middle east, as per studies
http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.co...
That is not important at all, as race is mainly defined by the Society, and not by us. I personally beleive that most of the world today consider we Ethiopians as Blacks, although the case is slightly diffrent in the U.S black community. I am personally happy to be labelled as 'Black' but most importantly as 'Ethiopian'
I see there being MANY different types of "society" and I tend to want to buck most of them, as so many of those different types of "society" are far too close to resembling MOB RULE and I do mean that in the most pejorative way.

Actually, that I can see, ALL "societies" have often fallen prey to sentiments of what to me is merely reactionary MOB influence.

In the case of what I see as mere opinions, concerning a focus on a certain particular population segment of Africa, I fail to see why ANY of the differing MOB opinions should be given deference.

Actually I believe that what I'm saying applies to any segment of the WORLD, but this opinion is far more dramatically illustrated in at least ~some~ Aethiopid population segments.

When something is not necessarily *A* nor *B* but is actually at a nexus between *A* and *B* and HAS been at that nexus for literally thousands of years, then differing MOB opinions will all be unstable and completely unreliable, probably.

In such a case, I would be far more interested in a more detached disciplined and quantifiable scientific expression,

and because of that, I view terms such as either 'Black' or 'White' are just too BLACK&WHITE.

Unfortunately, any sort of classification can run into that same problem, i.e.; Caucasoid or Mongoloid, as in the case of the Siberian Sekups and the Kets, who happen to be a stabilized blend between Caucasoid and Mongoloid.

Science, however, shows that they are actually more Mongoloid than Caucasoid.

There of course is another interesting facet in the case of Aethiopids in that the main Y-DNA component is 'E-M78'Y-Hg and science shows that it is far too genetically distanced from the 'E-M2'Y-Hg to be in that same classification, regardless of whatever name you might choose to give that classification.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3218 Mar 21, 2013
Dyna_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You sarcasm is off base on more than one level.

What you might have meant to reference, that is if you had had an education, is Russians that are 'CAUCASIAN' not Russians that are "white".

The fact is that Russian Caucasians come in more than one shade and just like in their former satellite countries such as Georgia, Belarus, or the Ukraine, many of their citizen Caucasians are ruddy complected.

There are Russian Cossacks, Russian Eskimos, and other Mongoloids too, and they range from fair to ruddy complected.

Actually Selkups and Kets are thought of, by some, as neither Caucasian nor Mongolian but something in between.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3219 Mar 22, 2013
Dyna_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The genetic map below shows the Aethiopid population being within the green shaded area and that is inclusive of both the Amhara and the Oromo.

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files.wordpr...

Level 5

Location hidden

#3220 Mar 22, 2013
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
The genetic map below shows the Aethiopid population being within the green shaded area and that is inclusive of both the Amhara and the Oromo.
http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files.wordpr...
Mathilda has been shut down and reloaded and questioned because of fallacies and scientific racism.Really you are using this as a source of information?tsk tsk.All of this cause you dont want to be grouped in with "negros".What ashame.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3221 Mar 22, 2013
Dyna_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathilda has been shut down and reloaded and questioned because of fallacies and scientific racism.Really you are using this as a source of information?tsk tsk.All of this cause you dont want to be grouped in with "negros".What ashame.
That's an ÁSS HÓLE LIE you Afro-Stúpid Buffoons love to tell yourselves and none of your belly aching has the slightest bit of truth to it.

I've even been told that she believes that Caucasoids did not evolve from Peoples that had originally exited Africa, but I have yet to see any evidence of any such sentiment in her blogging words.

All of her information is taken from legitimate sources and she has stated nothing that I haven't already seen proven to be true.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3222 Mar 22, 2013
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an ÁSS HÓLE LIE you Afro-Stúpid Buffoons love to tell yourselves and none of your belly aching has the slightest bit of truth to it.
I've even been told that she believes that Caucasoids did not evolve from Peoples that had originally exited Africa, but I have yet to see any evidence of any such sentiment in her blogging words.
All of her information is taken from legitimate sources and she has stated nothing that I haven't already seen proven to be true.
F*ck you and your opinion too.The rest of the world does not care about this trivial sh*t you irrelevent fools spew.Only on this raggedy ass easy board is where you race obsessed morons can voice your opinions that nobody cares about.You want to believe all that sh*t?Yeah Caucasoid.Nobody is using that anymore not even coroner's.You want to be grouped in with Europeans and central Asians that bad?What good does it do ya.Nobody is using that race hierarchy anymore.Asians,native Americans,and Inuits are related but they dont care.THey are contributing to the world.No AA's care about this either.Only shallow dumbasses will entertain all of these thoughts like you and the other dumbasses.Yeah yall Caucasoids.Go do something.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3223 Mar 22, 2013
Curious Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Only fools use Mathilda cause it entertain fools like you who want to be told your skull matches the same as a European or someone of the Caucasus.But guess what who care's?Yeah I guess you fools are jumping with joy cause she "dispels" what some Afrocentrics think?Like who even listened to them in the first place?No AA"s believe what those con man think why you all so nervous of some even claiming yall cause we many dont and dont even know who you are.It seems you insecure horners are the ones who are trying to lay claim to whatever to build yourselves up.You can have all that irrelevent sh*t.Get some real self-esteem and join the 21st century you shallow sheepskin sh*t.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3224 Mar 23, 2013
Dyna_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck you and your opinion too.The rest of the world does not care about this trivial sh*t you irrelevent fools spew.Only on this raggedy ass easy board is where you race obsessed morons can voice your opinions that nobody cares about.You want to believe all that sh*t?Yeah Caucasoid.Nobody is using that anymore not even coroner's.You want to be grouped in with Europeans and central Asians that bad?What good does it do ya.Nobody is using that race hierarchy anymore.Asians,native Americans,and Inuits are related but they dont care.THey are contributing to the world.No AA's care about this either.Only shallow dumbasses will entertain all of these thoughts like you and the other dumbasses.Yeah yall Caucasoids.Go do something.
100% AGREED AND HIGH FIVED.

Level 5

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3225 Mar 23, 2013
Dyna_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Only fools use Mathilda cause it entertain fools like you who want to be told your skull matches the same as a European or someone of the Caucasus.But guess what who care's?Yeah I guess you fools are jumping with joy cause she "dispels" what some Afrocentrics think?Like who even listened to them in the first place?No AA"s believe what those con man think why you all so nervous of some even claiming yall cause we many dont and dont even know who you are.It seems you insecure horners are the ones who are trying to lay claim to whatever to build yourselves up.You can have all that irrelevent sh*t.Get some real self-esteem and join the 21st century you shallow sheepskin sh*t.
you are ghetto old lady. we ethiopian dont like you. stop folloing us.

Level 3

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3226 Mar 23, 2013
H2O Z2 wrote:
<quoted text>ignore whom?
you,

you are ethiopian not abyssinian. Abyssinian are not black.

“DANGER!!”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3227 Mar 23, 2013
Dyna_girl wrote:
<quoted text>
HAH!

"The rest of the World"!!???

Your imaginary World fits inside that peanut shell of a pathetic cranium in which you pretend to have a brain.

In the REAL WORLD, however, would be voodoo witch hags like YOU are ignored as if they do NOT exist at all.

You can't just 'wish' away a word like Caucasian or Mongoloid or Negroïd just because YOU don't want to believe that the GENETIC MARKERS for the like actually DO exist in the REAL WORLD.

Only in YOUR NON-EXISTENT WORLD do coroners not use the terms such as Caucasian, Mongoloid, or Negroïd, and we KNOW that you've set up your FOOLISH LITTLE IMAGINARY WORLD mostly because YOU desperately want NOT to be thought of as a NEGRO, which is the saddest most pathetically stúpid thing about some of you Afro-Føøls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 2 min RFD 122,861
The Moors, Egyptians and Phoenicians were not b... (Jun '14) 3 min African AE 1,483
Black women travel to Europe for sex 10 min UruEuWauWau 32
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 11 min Glimmer 112,707
Give up those surnames, they are not yours! 11 min MFM2912 1
What the hell is going on with black men? 12 min Imgreat 27
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min PolakPotrafi 1,207,397
Biracial IS NOT black 22 min UruEuWauWau 529
Why Whites can use the "N" word 2 hr Jefferson 64
More from around the web