How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

Jul 15, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.poz.com

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Comments (Page 32)

Showing posts 621 - 640 of700
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Or more likely because everyone there is too drunk to get an erection.
Go ahead. Talk like a fool. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world for a reason. And remember that 60% by age 40 is not a pretty picture. It looks like a population decline to me. Most of those will be dead by age 50.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Level 1

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead. Talk like a fool. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world for a reason. And remember that 60% by age 40 is not a pretty picture. It looks like a population decline to me. Most of those will be dead by age 50.
So, according to your POORLY worded sloppy bad grammar post, 60% by age 40 of the population becoming Islam is NOT a pretty picture? I SO agree. And, you say that all those Muslims will be dead by age 50? My, my.

I knew it was dangerous to join that primitive cult.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming for the sake of good humor that your 60% claim be correct, the assumption that they'll die by age 50 is ridiculous. That may be true in Africa--where AIDS is primarily a heterosexual disease and medical treatment is not always available.

But in the US, virtually nobody dies of HIV anymore. HIV is a treatable, chronic disease. Its victims are likely to live long productive lives as long as they follow doctor's orders. If HIV+ is treated, patients will die of something else--like old age, heart disease, cancer, or other ailments that are killing their HIV- friends as well.

There are far worse chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, fibromyalgia, ALS, muscular dystrophy, etc.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

I am not going to waste my time talking to fools like these. If an intelligent person has a comment, I will respond. But not to this type of stupide non-sense.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
I am not going to waste my time talking to fools like these. If an intelligent person has a comment, I will respond. But not to this type of stupide non-sense.
You aren't bright enough to spot an intelligent person. Between your False claims about HIV and your Nonsense about your Myths and Legends, you should probably stick to someone in the 3rd world countries, you know, the places where your lack of actual education on the subjects might go unnoticed. Here' you wouldn't stick out as a buffoon any more if you painted yourself green.

Level 1

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
Typical response of the sore loser. "If you won't play MY way, then I am taking my ball and going HOME!"

What's wrong, most highly educated scholar in all of St. Louis? Embarrassed that I noted your ignorant careless grammar error which made you look like more of a fool than USUAL?

And, it's spelled STUPID, not STUPIDE, genius. Also, NONSENSE is ONE word, not hyphenated. You can't even TAUNT correctly. You make it TOO easy for me!

Level 1

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming for the sake of good humor that your 60% claim be correct, the assumption that they'll die by age 50 is ridiculous. That may be true in Africa--where AIDS is primarily a heterosexual disease and medical treatment is not always available.
But in the US, virtually nobody dies of HIV anymore. HIV is a treatable, chronic disease. Its victims are likely to live long productive lives as long as they follow doctor's orders. If HIV+ is treated, patients will die of something else--like old age, heart disease, cancer, or other ailments that are killing their HIV- friends as well.
There are far worse chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, fibromyalgia, ALS, muscular dystrophy, etc.
A lot of HIV patients are well into their third decade of treatment and their doctors have told them that they will most probably die of OLD age, and NOT AIDS. You are correct, it is about as treatable as diabetes or some other chronic but controllable illnesses.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of HIV patients are well into their third decade of treatment and their doctors have told them that they will most probably die of OLD age, and NOT AIDS. You are correct, it is about as treatable as diabetes or some other chronic but controllable illnesses.
That depends strictly on their treatment, how soon it was started and how low their cd4 count got before they actually stared treatment. Older patients who are now on the newer meds may not ever actually recover their immune function to a level to get them "out of danger". It is treatable but people DO still die from this....

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That depends strictly on their treatment, how soon it was started and how low their cd4 count got before they actually stared treatment. Older patients who are now on the newer meds may not ever actually recover their immune function to a level to get them "out of danger". It is treatable but people DO still die from this....
I knew people who had two feet hanging over the edge of their graves in the early nineties who are now living active lives. The new meds have changed the outlook, even for those who were in late stages of infection.

Unfortunately, many do have evidence of their former poor health, such as wasting of their body. Nevertheless, they are likely to live robust lives until something else takes their health away.

Level 1

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That depends strictly on their treatment, how soon it was started and how low their cd4 count got before they actually stared treatment. Older patients who are now on the newer meds may not ever actually recover their immune function to a level to get them "out of danger". It is treatable but people DO still die from this....
I didn't say they wouldn't. I just know several pals who are HIV and who have undetectable viral loads, yet are up into their higher 60's or 70's.
LION

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

look up Oklahoma aids cure

“ reality, what a concept”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

LION wrote:
Look up North Carolina's cure for idiots, it went by the initials EBNC and be thankful they wouldn't do that to you anymore.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Reported for DANGEROUS spamming.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

john wrote:
There are many testimonies of cure of HIV and AIDS but there is not even
one case of a cure that is independently and scientifically validated. It
is possible that healing miracles can happen but when they do occur, they
leave behind them trails of physical evidence that can be independently and
scientifically validated. However, where no evidence is found, then the
purported claim did not happen. Presently, there is no reported case of
cure of HIV/AIDS by drug, vaccine, prayer or a combination of the three.
All the claims of cure of HIV/AIDS till date stem from misdiagnosis,
nature of the assay method (immune based or gene based) used,
suggestion/hypnotism on the part of faith healers, autosuggestion/self
hypnotism on the part of the infected, denial on the part of the infected,
outright fabrication by the faith healer or his ministry etc. I believe
that God can heal a person with HIV or AIDS but when such happen, then
[b]scientifically verifiable evidence will be found in the cured person
that authenticates the miracle.[/b]So far, no such genuine healing has
been reported. Besides if one is actually gifted with healing ability, such
a person will naturally work with medical science instead of being
suspicious or in some cases even hostile to medical science. Hostility to
scientific investigation is a clear sign that the faith healer is not
called by God to heal but believes in imagined abilities or in some cases
knows that he has no ability but lacks the humility to acknowledge that for
fear of loosing members who hold him in such a high esteem. you can contact
him in his email address now so that you will get heal now email
XXXXXXXXXXXX
LIARS !!!

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

The only cure for AIDS is to not get it in the first place. That means first and foremost to stop all kinds of illicit sexual activity. In Africa, it means testing all "tourists" before granting them a tourist visa. There is no excuse for allowing HIV positive people to enter Africa under any circumstance.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
The only cure for AIDS is to not get it in the first place. That means first and foremost to stop all kinds of illicit sexual activity. In Africa, it means testing all "tourists" before granting them a tourist visa. There is no excuse for allowing HIV positive people to enter Africa under any circumstance.
It's rampant in Africa...better start test there,NOW!

“Sara for Fun (( M 2 F ))”

Level 1

Since: Aug 10

Bahrain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

I can not been relieved myself for fun sex with men, but I can use a condom, and taking a well-known group to practice together in a healthy sexual intercourse and safe

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
That's a load of CRAP. First, Africa is a Continent, not a country, you don't get a Visa to go to a Continent, they're required by the Countries. Second, stopping "tourists" because they are HIV+ does NOTHING. The majority of tourists aren't there for sex tourism, but those who will and do have sexual relations with the locals are just as likely to acquire HIV there and take it home to their own country where drugs for HIV2, which is the predominant HIV strain in the Continent, aren't as available. Third, HIV+ people have just as much a right to travel as others do and their Poz status has no bearing on their actual character or the likelihood of their passing the infection along to others, there is far more danger from those who do not know they are infected but assume that they are NOT merely because they are "not Gay".

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That's a load of CRAP. First, Africa is a Continent, not a country, you don't get a Visa to go to a Continent, they're required by the Countries. Second, stopping "tourists" because they are HIV+ does NOTHING. The majority of tourists aren't there for sex tourism, but those who will and do have sexual relations with the locals are just as likely to acquire HIV there and take it home to their own country where drugs for HIV2, which is the predominant HIV strain in the Continent, aren't as available. Third, HIV+ people have just as much a right to travel as others do and their Poz status has no bearing on their actual character or the likelihood of their passing the infection along to others, there is far more danger from those who do not know they are infected but assume that they are NOT merely because they are "not Gay".
Dog, if a "tourist" has certain diseases, they are not allowed to enter USA borders. We have a sovereign right to defend our borders. HIV people have no right to enter any country in Africa. The border authorities have been negligent in their duties. All they have to do is test those bastards before they give them a tourist visa. We the African do not want that kind of tourism. Each country in Africa has a right to protect its borders against HIV. And that is exactly what we are going to do.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>It's rampant in Africa...better start test there,NOW!
Well, we need to test the bastards who brought it to Africa in the first place and continue to bring it to Africa. And we know who they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 621 - 640 of700
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

356 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
White men can't stop white women from dating b... 9 min Sadbuttrue 102
Real Black History 17 min African AE 30
Black Women: Do you avoid black men in public? 19 min Sadbuttrue 59
Museum celebrates African Americans' ties to th... 19 min paddyomalley 1
Whites, Bestiality And Their LOVE of Animals 21 min Black Power 6
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 21 min MrAnderson9 76,809
Black Americans, Why Are We So Quiet On Illegal... 22 min jose maria jesus 56
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 3 hr VampiYAH StabB 119,238
.I'm leaving my Italian stallion due to irrecon... 3 hr Matthew_1 85