Macklemore wins Hip Hop Grammy, talks on white privilege

Jan 29, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The racial divide is a nasty concept that affects everything in life. Nothing is safe, especially not music.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of158
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
uppercut

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2014

Judged:

Who cares?. Hip hop is retard music anyways.

“No man is worth it”

Since: Jan 14

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

The only reason he won that Grammy was because white people like him. I don't think he is all that or even half way there. That is the reason we have the BET Awards so that we don't have to just go with the flow and agree with the decisions of the majorly white opinionated music award shows. They try to control and run it now. Hip-hop is our culture. Many of the really great R & B , hip-hop, and rap artists that we like don't get awarded at those shows. Rihanna usually gets everything in the R & B category but there are many female R & B artists that sing better and in my opinion, have better music. When it comes to hip-hop you will never see Tupac or Nas win anything over a white rapper who can't even half way rap well or a black rapper who talks about how much he loves white girls and has a million of them in his videos. WHO CARES ABOUT THE GRAMMY'S
Tony touch

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

It was onlya short time ago that only the good black hiphop was awarded

What happened?

The next generation sleep walking, accepting everything without a whimper and never questioning nothing...an being totally cut off from anything over 6 years ago and now have the same culture as whites and act like em, and aspire to be them

Don't even have a clue when they f*ck you over...which is daily

In other words..the pathetic ass new generation of blacks

Yall reap what you fuggen sow, and get knocked the f*ck out if you never have the intelligence to know you're even in a gotdamn fight

Dumb muthafuggas

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

This what I mean by whites degrading everything blks do so blks will be more willing to give it to them. Again, it's basic psychology

Degrade rao music, call it garbage now they control It and make billions off of it.
Iggy Azelea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

He won and shouldn't have to apologize for it.Black men are hypocrites,they don't have a problem with white female rappers winning awards and taking the place of black women in hip hop.It only becomes a problem when its a white male.
Iggy Azelea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Kendreya wrote:
The only reason he won that Grammy was because white people like him. I don't think he is all that or even half way there. That is the reason we have the BET Awards so that we don't have to just go with the flow and agree with the decisions of the majorly white opinionated music award shows. They try to control and run it now. Hip-hop is our culture. Many of the really great R & B , hip-hop, and rap artists that we like don't get awarded at those shows. Rihanna usually gets everything in the R & B category but there are many female R & B artists that sing better and in my opinion, have better music. When it comes to hip-hop you will never see Tupac or Nas win anything over a white rapper who can't even half way rap well or a black rapper who talks about how much he loves white girls and has a million of them in his videos. WHO CARES ABOUT THE GRAMMY'S
Black men opened the floodgates for white and latina women to take the place of black women in r&b and rap music,this is just karma taking place.

“No man is worth it”

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

You see how Miley Cyrus started twerking and all off a sudden you see white people twerk now. If it was just black people doing it they would think it is "ghetto" and nasty and degrading. and then twerking was supposed to go in the dictionary. We started twerking and of course they try to run that too. She can't even twerk right. The real twerk girls, mainly girls, should be the ones in the spotlight!!
uppercut

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Kendreya wrote:
You see how Miley Cyrus started twerking and all off a sudden you see white people twerk now. If it was just black people doing it they would think it is "ghetto" and nasty and degrading. and then twerking was supposed to go in the dictionary. We started twerking and of course they try to run that too. She can't even twerk right. The real twerk girls, mainly girls, should be the ones in the spotlight!!
It is nasty, disgusting, and ghetto. No matter who does it they are repulsive. Plus miley looks like a dude so it makes it even worse. twerking is not sexy at all, its filthy and embarrassing.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Tony touch wrote:
It was onlya short time ago that only the good black hiphop was awarded
What happened?
The next generation sleep walking, accepting everything without a whimper and never questioning nothing...an being totally cut off from anything over 6 years ago and now have the same culture as whites and act like em, and aspire to be them
Don't even have a clue when they f*ck you over...which is daily
In other words..the pathetic ass new generation of blacks
Yall reap what you fuggen sow, and get knocked the f*ck out if you never have the intelligence to know you're even in a gotdamn fight
Dumb muthafuggas
True!
Unique2

Byron, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Kendrick Lamar was robbed!!! Whites tryna take over Hip-Hop, and R&B the way they did Jazz and Blues.
Cyrus

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Unique2 wrote:
Kendrick Lamar was robbed!!! Whites tryna take over Hip-Hop, and R&B the way they did Jazz and Blues.
Now you know why Nas said Hip-hop is dead.

“No man is worth it”

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Iggy Azelea wrote:
<quoted text>
Black men opened the floodgates for white and latina women to take the place of black women in r&b and rap music,this is just karma taking place.
What!! who told you that? BLACK women dominate R & B, rap, and hip-hop. As much as I don't care for her, Nicki Minaj dominates rap right now- man or woman, Beyonce dominates hip-hop and music in general and don't get me started with R & B. Haven't you heard of Kelly Rowland, M J B, Tamar Braxton, Rihanna, and sooo many more? It truly does not matter what white or Latina woman steps in the game cause more bw have stronger and powerful voices anyway. If they can't sing they're not competition. and I don't see many in that category anyway. Arianna Grande can sing though. I have no idea what genre she's in though
Big Knob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

ah_verkligen wrote:
If whites have white "privilege",
....and blacks are oppressed and "held down" by whites,
.....then how stupid does a black have to be to actually believe whites are "jealous" of blacks?
.....Anyone...???...
Whites know blacks are not inferior, no people could endure what ours have and still be standing, any lessor people would have perished, like those original people in the carribbean or the canary islands. So the assault on bp has been psychological, and you use racial stereotypes, divide n conquer, lies, untruths, and I/R & religion to pacify bp, but your fear is that bp will wake up out of the mindset of white supremacy, and begin to challange white folk's bullshit, with research, scholarship, science, and end the great white hope myth, and that day has come, and thats why you try so hard to rein force, black inferiority, but it wont work, the rabbit's out of the hat, so there will be no going alone with the program, or caring about what wp's opinions of black folks, are, & no relying on the benevolence of or being the tutelage of white folks, and no PSYCHOLOGICAL DEPENDENCY,..games up..........
Big Knob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Kendreya wrote:
You're a smart lady, you have keen en- sight, and your right, how can you compare rhianna to angie stone, or erika badu, real thought provoking hip-hop doesnt get air play, or acknowledged, but the clown stuff do, the nasty stuff do, rappers with a positive message get no label backing at all, I stopped watching the Grammys a long time ago, for that very reason, its the foolish, or watered down black music/culture, that wins the award, and thats done intentionally, for me, its the Soul Train or the Bet awards,........im glad that you see that..........enjoy.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Some have said Kendrick Lamar singlehandedly saved Hip-Hop this year with "Control"; and although that may be somewhat of a dramatic statement, however I do acknowledge his solo accomplishment of having changed the competitive tone of Hip-Hop music that's been lacking for some time.

Considering the year Kendrick's had musically AND his corporate figures, him not being formally awarded with a Grammy is preposterous.
Big Knob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Hip-Hop has been robbed, the music has been watered down, no message, just, sex n money & partying, I remember the days when it stood for something, with artist like slick rick, gang starr nwa, nas, pac, biggie, common, public enemy, money love, BDP, brand nubian, x-clan, queen latifa, mc lyte, the music & videos were slamming, now not only have they replaced bw in videos, but now theyre trying to replace young bm with a white image world wide, like rock n roll with elvis or disco with the bee gees, this music is popular world wide, so its a chance for white folks to glorify the image of wm off black music world wide, so these artist need to take back their image and music, its ours to share with the world, and not to promote the image of wht/guys off our culture......... Do it like the bros & sistas in the 80 & 90s did..........

“AKA StoneDlove”

Since: May 12

Happy Days!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Iggy Azelea wrote:
He won and shouldn't have to apologize for it.Black men are hypocrites,they don't have a problem with white female rappers winning awards and taking the place of black women in hip hop.It only becomes a problem when its a white male.
co sign.
Big Knob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Iggy Azelea wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre wrong ive been to many video shoots, and back in the day the artist were more independant, and had more control, now the record companies have the control thats why todays music kinda sucks, plus these non black women, are put in there by todays white casting directors, and video directors not bm, in the past when black owned record companies and directors were heavy players you had more bw in videos, period, look at the 80s & 90s videos vs today, its done to hijack black culture and sell more Cds , and slowly take black out, like they did disco & rock n roll whitened it up with elvis, and the homosexuals used blk culture Disco to promote their lifestyle at bps expense, thats what happened, todays artist are too passive..........theyre not hard core like NWA, or Ice-Tee, or boogie down productions, its all about money, that has nothing to do with karma,.

“Black in Amerikkka”

Level 4

Since: Sep 13

Im High risk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Pimp C said "fck Hip hop, this country rap tunes"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"i made this for the n//ggaz tryna chop in they cars"(R.I.P Pimp C)
Spit-Fire

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Kendreya wrote:
<quoted text> What!! who told you that? BLACK women dominate R & B, rap, and hip-hop. As much as I don't care for her, Nicki Minaj dominates rap right now- man or woman, Beyonce dominates hip-hop and music in general and don't get me started with R & B. Haven't you heard of Kelly Rowland, M J B, Tamar Braxton, Rihanna, and sooo many more? It truly does not matter what white or Latina woman steps in the game cause more bw have stronger and powerful voices anyway. If they can't sing they're not competition. and I don't see many in that category anyway. Arianna Grande can sing though. I have no idea what genre she's in though
BW do NOT dominate rap/hip hop. Our overall presence in this genre is non exsistent. Nicki Minaj had a good debut, she has not sold out stadiums or had a hit record in years. That is not domination.
RiRi and Beyonce are not dominating anything right now, both are living off of name recognition right now.
Not ONE Black person had a #1hit on the Billboard charts for the entire year of 2013. Not One.
That includes Kanye, Kendrick, Jay Z, RIRI or Beyonce.
White men- Robin, Justin, Macklemore, Slim Shady are ruling.
Iggy is right, it was all good while BW were disappearing, but they stupidly believed that it could not happen to them.
The music industry waited for the Grammys to make a mockery out of BM on a world stage and they are powerless to do anything to stop it.
They are reaping what they've sown.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of158
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••