is marriage based more on love or nec...

is marriage based more on love or necessity

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scholar86

Greenwood, MS

#1 Sep 5, 2013
Is marriage "really" base on love. Just think about it.

“is a local ”

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

in my own little space

#2 Sep 5, 2013
both imo. there are just too many benefits that go along with being in a positive marriage.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 Sep 5, 2013
The necessity of love...

AgentSmith9

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 10

and so was I

#4 Sep 5, 2013
Aziya Shines wrote:
The necessity of love...
You need to be loved?

Location hidden

#5 Sep 5, 2013
AgentSmith9 wrote:
<quoted text>You need to be loved?
Omg could u get off my nipples??!!

AgentSmith9

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#6 Sep 5, 2013
Aziya Shines wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg could u get off my nipples??!!
Who said anything about your ragedy nipples?:)

“What do the stars say......”

Since: May 11

...explore outside the milkway

#7 Sep 5, 2013
I think most marriages are based on necessity, my parents former marriage is an example. There are very few marriages that were based on actual love which is why 50% of marriages end in divorce.

They want the house, they want the cars, they want the children, they want the benefits, they want a family, but sometimes they are so focused on those material things that they forget about love.

To me the foundation to a strong marriage begins with love. If the marriage is not based on love, then the family structure will be fragile.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 5, 2013
AgentSmith9 wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about your ragedy nipples?:)
Lol well stop flowing me like you're attached to them.
u know my nips are far from raggedy they're tantalizingly succulent that's why u stay on them

AgentSmith9

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#9 Sep 5, 2013
Aziya Shines wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol well stop flowing me like you're attached to them.
u know my nips are far from raggedy they're tantalizingly succulent that's why u stay on them
Is it still "cold" out there :)

AgentSmith9

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#10 Sep 5, 2013
Aziya stop trying to seduce me, you already know what I'd do to that :)

Enable your PMs. I want to ask you a question.

AgentSmith9

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#12 Sep 6, 2013
Spoiled Brat wrote:
Single black mothers know nothing of true love except the love of welfare & all the benefits it gives them, when they do find a sap to marry them it's out of selfishness, they just want a no balls father figure to support them & babysit their trash while they go clubbing.
That's not true for all black women.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#14 Sep 6, 2013
Scholar86 wrote:
Is marriage "really" base on love. Just think about it.
In a Marriage you have help raising children, two incomes which is helpful & you have someone to be intimate & conversate with regularly. I say BOTH!

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#15 Sep 6, 2013
Having someone who motivates you is always special!

“Sexy emo chick :)”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#16 Sep 6, 2013
Men only marry women to have a sex slave..kitchen slave and babysiter and maid.Then after u do all tht they cheat on u and say its just sex.But if u do it back u are a whore.The point is only women luv men not the reverse men only date to have sex...its the truth..women date wishing they will find prince charming when all men are actually the same..no surprise there tho
Scholar86

Greenwood, MS

#17 Sep 10, 2013
Carmiana wrote:
I think most marriages are based on necessity, my parents former marriage is an example. There are very few marriages that were based on actual love which is why 50% of marriages end in divorce.
They want the house, they want the cars, they want the children, they want the benefits, they want a family, but sometimes they are so focused on those material things that they forget about love.
To me the foundation to a strong marriage begins with love. If the marriage is not based on love, then the family structure will be fragile.
I strongly agree!
Scholar86

Greenwood, MS

#18 Sep 10, 2013
Mint cookies wrote:
Men only marry women to have a sex slave..kitchen slave and babysiter and maid.Then after u do all tht they cheat on u and say its just sex.But if u do it back u are a whore.The point is only women luv men not the reverse men only date to have sex...its the truth..women date wishing they will find prince charming when all men are actually the same..no surprise there tho
Not all men are that way!
Scholar86

Greenwood, MS

#19 Sep 10, 2013
Just think about old people and how long a lot of their marriages last. Part of it is based on the sanctity of marriage, but just be real most of their marriages were based on necessity as well. In the old days, women didn't have the rights and opportunities they have today. In the old days, men were not expected to help out with dishes, cleaning,changing diapers, and cooking the way they are today, so they NEEDED a woman around.
Scholar86

Greenwood, MS

#20 Sep 10, 2013
Many old people have a "holier than thou" attitude toward younger people when it comes to the topic of marriage. In general, older people are more serious when it comes to religion on this issue, but still it was largely based on necessity. I believe if women had the same rights they have today in the the old days, their marriages would still last longer than most marriages today, but not as long as 40+ years.
Scholar86

Greenwood, MS

#21 Sep 10, 2013
Not to be disrespectful toward the elderly, but I'm just stating the truth. Many old people act as if it is mainly based on love, but not to the extent as they would have people believe.IT WAS A NECESSITY! Out of wedlock births, being unmarried, being childless,etc are all looked down upon, especially for women. Those things were much worse in the old days. SO IT WAS OUT OF THE NECESSITY OF NOT BEING A SOCIAL RECLUSE!

“Sexy emo chick :)”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#22 Sep 10, 2013
Scholar86 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all men are that way!
yes they are!trust me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do you hate ]\[iggers? 2 hr Ihn 11
Other cultures and their traditional dress 2 hr Ihn 5
'Sperminator' many fathered 26 kids in Target ... 2 hr Tamale 25
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr USAsince1680 1,744,862
Turn in illegal aliens and businesses who hire ... 2 hr KIP 10
Upvote if.... 2 hr Tamale 5
U have to be naked to post on this thread 3 hr Tamale 12
Africa's Greatness ENRAGES the Alt-Right Haters... 5 hr Anonymous 58
"Demon possession" - Is it real? 6 hr THX Human Overlord 27
Troop, What Does White Pride Represent To You? 7 hr Barros 24