Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2011

Judged:

Our ancestors (Africans) were the first to discover the concept of a Supreme Being, the first to establish his/her identity and to establish a relationship with the Creator. Thousands of years before God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Krishna, Allah etc.existed there was AMON (the first Deity/ Creator)and all other Gods are his/her children. The people who would later come to worship God, Jehovah, Allah etc. all came and sat at the feet of our ancestors to learn the meaning of life and the knowledge of the creator. They then fashioned their own versions of the Creator in their images. Black people are now worshiping everyone else God but their own. We are the only people without a God of our own who actually looks like us. The Europeans have God, the Jews have Yahweh/Jehovah, the Arabs have Allah, the Hindus have Krishna and we are worshiping these Gods and have abandoned the father/mother of them all.
Lizzie

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2011

Judged:

Nope. We all need one God. :)

Level 1

Since: Feb 11

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Lizzie wrote:
Nope. We all need one God.:)
And he/she should reflect the image of black people. Europeans have made it no secret that God is white. They have his pictures all over Europe inside of their holy places. For example the creation theme where they have God reaching out to Adam from the clouds extending his finger while Adam is extending his finger from earth. Do the research for yourself and you'll see that all cultures depict the Creator in the same nationality as themselves.

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

chemet wrote:
<quoted text> And he/she should reflect the image of black people. Europeans have made it no secret that God is white. They have his pictures all over Europe inside of their holy places. For example the creation theme where they have God reaching out to Adam from the clouds extending his finger while Adam is extending his finger from earth. Do the research for yourself and you'll see that all cultures depict the Creator in the same nationality as themselves.
But most people past the age of twelve do not believe that God the creator is a physical being. So why do you?

Level 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Garrig wrote:
<quoted text>
But most people past the age of twelve do not believe that God the creator is a physical being. So why do you?
Whether the Creator is or is not a physical being is not the the point here. When I refer to the creator as him/her it is an acknowledgment of the divine male and female principle that the creator embodies.

Level 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

chemet wrote:
<quoted text> Whether the Creator is or is not a physical being is not the the point here. When I refer to the creator as him/her it is an acknowledgment of the divine male and female principle that the creator embodies.
Whetther you know it or not the Creator is Black. If you're Christian then the book of Genesis states that God said let there be light which means that before the creation of light everything was dark including the Creator and science verifies this. Before the condensing of the gases that created the Big Bang light did not exist which leads back to everything being dark.

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Judged:

chemet wrote:
<quoted text> Whetther you know it or not the Creator is Black. If you're Christian then the book of Genesis states that God said let there be light which means that before the creation of light everything was dark including the Creator and science verifies this. Before the condensing of the gases that created the Big Bang light did not exist which leads back to everything being dark.
Do you understand that being a physical being means you are finite?? God is said to be infinite, eternal outside of space and time. God is before male, female, dark, light or anything you can imagine.

Since: Oct 08

South Bay, Fl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Black's have a black Santa Claus...

So why not.lol

Since: Jan 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah true that
Garrig wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that being a physical being means you are finite?? God is said to be infinite, eternal outside of space and time. God is before male, female, dark, light or anything you can imagine.
Maverick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

chemet wrote:
<quoted text> Whether the Creator is or is not a physical being is not the the point here. When I refer to the creator as him/her it is an acknowledgment of the divine male and female principle that the creator embodies.
Do you believe in the G-d of Israel?
Lizzie

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Judged:

chemet wrote:
<quoted text> And he/she should reflect the image of black people. Europeans have made it no secret that God is white. They have his pictures all over Europe inside of their holy places. For example the creation theme where they have God reaching out to Adam from the clouds extending his finger while Adam is extending his finger from earth. Do the research for yourself and you'll see that all cultures depict the Creator in the same nationality as themselves.
Jesus was a Galilean Jew. He would of had the appearence of a modern-time Middle East person.

Level 5

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

God is Spirit....people so need to come up out of the completely foolish mind-sets that He is black, white,mexican,or chinese. Which does nothing more than cause racial tension and we have too much of this already. If God wanted us to focus on what color His only begotten Son was, which is the only person truly one can focus on according to skin color, because God is Spirit. Why would He say in His Word that He shows no partiality?(Acts 10:34,Romans 2:11)
Jermaine Malik Floyd

Waterford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Lizzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a Galilean Jew. He would of had the appearence of a modern-time Middle East person.
Modern time Middle Easterns are not the indigenous persons of the land. The original were dark skinned persons.

Level 5

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

And God the Creator of all mankind created us....Woe to him who strives with his maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth! Shall the clay say to him who formed it, what are you making? Or shall your handiwork say He has no hands? Isaiah 45:9. There is no such thing as we discovered or found the God of the heavens, now the gods of this earth they can be discovered or found. Lets not get it twisted.
The Nightmare

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

chemet wrote:
Our ancestors (Africans) were the first to discover the concept of a Supreme Being, the first to establish his/her identity and to establish a relationship with the Creator. Thousands of years before God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Krishna, Allah etc.existed there was AMON (the first Deity/ Creator)and all other Gods are his/her children. The people who would later come to worship God, Jehovah, Allah etc. all came and sat at the feet of our ancestors to learn the meaning of life and the knowledge of the creator. They then fashioned their own versions of the Creator in their images. Black people are now worshiping everyone else God but their own. We are the only people without a God of our own who actually looks like us. The Europeans have God, the Jews have Yahweh/Jehovah, the Arabs have Allah, the Hindus have Krishna and we are worshiping these Gods and have abandoned the father/mother of them all.
The blacks already found their god in the seventies. They called him "Shaft".

“Everybody Dies...”

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

As it's been mentioned, every culture has depicted their deities as their own color. Unfortunately blacks got the European depictions crammed down their throats. Not good for a psyche of people already dealing with white supremacy.
All the sudden, when blacks speak of having their own worship reflecting ourselves, "God is no color."
Other blacks even say this. I don't understand. Somebody gave me (black woman, can't remember if it was my Mom or my gf at the time's Mom) a pink colored white angel fridge magnet, and I swear I want to throw it away everytime I look at it.
Well, I just moved, I may have tossed it, I forgot.
I'll be dayumed if I raise kids one day with someone else's image of God.
http://images.smh.com.au/2010/07/23/1711516/d...
Lol, a HIM^^ looking @$$ Jesus, FOH...

Since: Oct 08

South Bay, Fl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Just invent a black God and get it over with...

Sheesh!!!

Level 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Judged:

Garrig wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what was being taught by the ancient African/ Black people of Ethiopia, Kemet, Babylon, Indus Kush etc. They had spiritual systems in place designed to raise man's spirit from the animal state to God on earth where the practitioner became one with the Creator. These spiritual systems were practiced by nearly all civilizations of the ancient world. It wasn't until Europeans like Justinian and Julius of Constantin's holy Roman empire and the onslaught of Islam that these practices were outlawed and replaced by religion.

Level 1

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Maverick wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe in the G-d of Israel?
It is not for me to believe in the God of Israel that is for the people of Israel to believe.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Lizzie wrote:
Nope. We all need one God.:)
ONE!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

413 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 5 min ti amo 2011 113,248
Racist online forums linked to Deadly U.S. HATE... 7 min No Clue 7
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 8 min marvelous 89,154
why are there no black Navy Seals ??? (May '13) 11 min T-BOS 113
Just in! Lupita Nyong'o Name Most Beautiful! 11 min SadButTrue 181
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 15 min MrAnderson9 67,971
My Promise: I promise to not date or marry BM! 16 min SadButTrue 1
African People: Black Americans DO NOT Claim Yo... 51 min Bigsmoke 266
The Spotted Place 2 hr Ugh 124