Black women are meant to be "thick"
Prttybrown

Garden City, MI

#21 May 19, 2009
first off stupid ass.....the term "thick" just means nice thighs,hips and ass but normally flat stomach....kind of like Keyshia Cole, Megan Good,Angela Basset, Tracy Ellis Ross, Lisa Raye etc not Monique.....its just fat women (of all races may i add because i have seen just as many fat sloppy and out of shape white and hispanic women on TV and shit calling themselves "thick") started to use the term to refer to themselves and it does not apply to them.....oh and black men are the ones who like the ACTUAL "thick" black woman so dont complain to us complain to them.......oh and take a look around there are PLENTY of obese white and hispanic women.....i would have to say the most fit women would be asian women who are normally naturally small

Level 1

Since: May 07

Dodge City, KS

#22 May 19, 2009
my body is sexy
black essex chick

Plymouth, UK

#23 May 19, 2009
im really tiny.. im a size 8 or 6 depending on what shop i shop at.. and im 5ft 4 and a half...x doe sthat mean im not a black woman lol coz there 'meant to be thick'?

Level 1

Since: May 08

United States

#24 May 19, 2009
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it has to do with the fact that black women dont have enough money to eat the uber expensive nutritious and healthy foods which contributes to them being overweight. i live in the hood but cannot go to the grocery store in my own neighborhood bc the food is not of the same quality as in some other neighborhoods. i am a grown 24 yo woman, run 3 miles everyday and lift weights. i dont even have a gym membership. i am in great shape but will never be skinny, and honestly dont want to be. its up to black women (of lower socioeconomic status) to educate themselves about healthier food choices and all that. i love fried food but refuse to eat it more than once every few weeks.
Ok. I understand people just have different body builds, but what I can't buy is that most people can't afford to eat right. It is not that bad. Fruits and vegetables are fairly cheap. Potatoes come in sacks and are fairly cheap. Rice is not that expensive. You can find Lean meats such as chicken, and fish pretty cheap. If people would learn how to quickly prepare food and not depend on pre-prepared junk, then this world would be doing a lot better with health. Mother nature doesn't give you a pass on not eating right. It all effects you at some point. For those who need to hear this, go pick up a food chart to see what you need to be eating and how much. Also, read and apply the nutritional facts on the packages of foods you get.
Prttybrown

Garden City, MI

#25 May 19, 2009
Chrishaune wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I understand people just have different body builds, but what I can't buy is that most people can't afford to eat right. It is not that bad. Fruits and vegetables are fairly cheap. Potatoes come in sacks and are fairly cheap. Rice is not that expensive. You can find Lean meats such as chicken, and fish pretty cheap. If people would learn how to quickly prepare food and not depend on pre-prepared junk, then this world would be doing a lot better with health. Mother nature doesn't give you a pass on not eating right. It all effects you at some point. For those who need to hear this, go pick up a food chart to see what you need to be eating and how much. Also, read and apply the nutritional facts on the packages of foods you get.
are you black? i bet not and where do you stay? in a suburb probly....i live in the hood and i totally agree with her....a lot of these markets in the "hood" food is extra expensive and of bad quality....huge as steriod chicken for example and then go to the burbs and they have lean cut chicken but you cant find that in the "ghetto" and trust I know because I eat lean chicken....i also shop outside of the "hood" because hood grocery stores sell A LOT of pork....sausage,ham,perporoni, ham hocks, pigs feet etc and i dont eat pork.....so unless you live in that kind of enviornment dont judge....and a lot of black ppl who stay in the hood cant afford or have a way to outside grocery stores and healthier food
For your eyes only

Santa Cruz, CA

#26 May 19, 2009
Candella88 wrote:
my body is sexy
Yes very nice.Black women are very sensual and very high in the sky.yes i really appreciate the way they walk and talk.If i have to marry a woman it will be a black woman,that is for sure.Beside that...i think they are just fantastic and cool...MERCI.Ciao.

“I'm just a Routined”

Level 5

Since: Mar 09

Bronx, NY

#27 May 19, 2009
why is this idiot still at it?

Rachel just bleach yourself since you're so miserable.

Level 1

Huntsville, AL

#29 May 20, 2009
Prttybrown wrote:
<quoted text>
are you black? i bet not and where do you stay? in a suburb probly....i live in the hood and i totally agree with her....a lot of these markets in the "hood" food is extra expensive and of bad quality....huge as steriod chicken for example and then go to the burbs and they have lean cut chicken but you cant find that in the "ghetto" and trust I know because I eat lean chicken....i also shop outside of the "hood" because hood grocery stores sell A LOT of pork....sausage,ham,perporoni, ham hocks, pigs feet etc and i dont eat pork.....so unless you live in that kind of enviornment dont judge....and a lot of black ppl who stay in the hood cant afford or have a way to outside grocery stores and healthier food
Yes, I"m black. I'm actually from a small town, in the country, in Alabama. I've always eaten like that.Yeah, we had pig feet, chiterlings, pickled pig ears, hawg mauls, souse meat, and all of the like. We ate that, but when we learned it wasn't good for us, we changed our eating habits. If people would read, then they would get and understanding.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31 May 20, 2009
Half Women Half Amazing wrote:
Sweetheart a large number of americans PERIOD are overweight. Weight is becoming a problem w/every american, not just blacks. You really need to get a life, or @ least use your brain & stop talking stupid.
My family is all natually thin. I'm the fattest one.

Level 8

Pacific Northwest

#32 May 20, 2009
GirlPower wrote:
You do what you gotta do to keep yourself looking tight. Dont worry about other folks
Umm... this hoe (Rachael08) is a white troll, m'dear.
Just sayin'

LoL

Since: May 09

NYC

#33 May 20, 2009
Rachael08 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. That's why I put "thick" in quotations. I'm so sick of fat funky Monique looking American black women claiming to be "thick".
LMAO!!! I agree. Thick my a$$! Hamhock eatin, butt busting outta pants talkin bout " he like him some thick womans". Sheeeet!

Level 8

Pacific Northwest

#35 May 20, 2009
TecHouse wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! I agree. Thick my a$$! Hamhock eatin, butt busting outta pants talkin bout " he like him some thick womans". Sheeeet!
You're JOINING UP with a white-supremacist troll to hate on our Black Sistas, TecHouse??

NYC

#36 May 20, 2009
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're JOINING UP with a white-supremacist troll to hate on our Black Sistas, TecHouse??
Naw. That came out wrong. My bad. It just made me think about a friend of mine. She is huge and she told me she was thick. I said sheeeet.

NYC

#37 May 20, 2009
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the last to hate on our sistas.

NYC

#39 May 20, 2009
WTF?! Is Everybody o.k today? I'm otta here man.

“Be Ready to Enjoy Everyday!”

Since: May 07

Southern California

#40 May 20, 2009
Are black women suppose to be "thick"??? Um...I don't know about all black women, but I was definitely made that way.

Level 1

Huntsville, AL

#41 May 20, 2009
Shaquita05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always ate that kind of food and I still eat it on Sundays. The problem is that people don't excercise.
True, people do need to exercise. The thing is though, when you eat bad food, sooner of later it will catch up with you. When you eat healthy and exercise, you can get sick to but your chances can be reduced. I guess it doesn't matter to some people because we will all die some day, and that is true. Overall, I'm just more comfortable eating more natural foods and staying away from as much fat,sugar,and salt as possible.

Level 1

Huntsville, AL

#42 May 20, 2009
I should say extra fat, sugar, and salt.

“"The Truth"”

Level 1

Copperas Cove, TX

#43 May 20, 2009
Aya24 wrote:
I would say it depends on the person. Some of us people of African descent are "thick" and some are lean.
I agree it does depend on the person and their family genes,some people look good with the weight on them, and some don't. But even people who look healthy and are society's depiction of the healthy weight are not so, I think people should just be comfortable in the way they look rather than try to fit into what society say is healthy. If you feel you need to loose the weight do it, but some people go too far.

Level 8

Pacific Northwest

#44 May 20, 2009
TecHouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw. That came out wrong. My bad. It just made me think about a friend of mine. She is huge and she told me she was thick. I said sheeeet.
Okay -- but we don't need to *agree* with racist trolls who are here to insult the black folks we care about, correct?

This place is so wack b/c of people like Rachael08, the white troll who started this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,683,132
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 2 min Taletha 225
Obama was a powerless failed dimwit. 5 min Ugly monkeys 7
My Brothas in Baltimore are Holding it DOWN!!!! 6 min Harrisson 247
If Mike-chelle Obama played football, what posi... 13 min Ttt 4
.......Obama WHIPS Trump 16 min Joey 4
ttt is not white 17 min Ttt 4
WHITE FOLKS: YOU need to know what King Knew! 23 min Harrisson 110
Racist White People on MLK Day. 3 hr MASTER I M WHITE 93
Topix has become another lieu of gentrification. 3 hr Denigrade 31