Black Millionairs

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Everywhere

#23 May 26, 2013
I was hoping to get a lot more of a good discussion going on this thread.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#24 May 26, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
I am going to read a book I just heard about called:
"The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires"
by Dennis Kimbro.
Another book I plan to read is "The Millionaire Next Door"
by Thomas J. Stanley.
Can anyone else recommend some books that might be good to read
for those of us who are interested in building financial wealth?
A read a book called "Smart women finish rich" by David Bach, it will work for men as well.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#25 May 26, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
A read a book called "Smart women finish rich" by David Bach, it will work for men as well.
Thank you for sharing this information.
I will add that to my list of books to read.

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA.

#26 May 26, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing this information.
I will add that to my list of books to read.
You are welcome, you should look at all of his books, he specializes in building wealth. Another one is Automatic Millionaire based on the real estate market and Start late finish rich.
Brilliant Disguise

United States

#27 May 26, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
I am going to read a book I just heard about called:
"The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires"
by Dennis Kimbro.
Another book I plan to read is "The Millionaire Next Door"
by Thomas J. Stanley.
Can anyone else recommend some books that might be good to read
for those of us who are interested in building
financwealth?
Believe or not , there is at least one black millionaire on this forum. You would never know it though because they act just like the same ghetto shuffling fools on here that ain't got sh*t. If people only knew. LOL!!!!

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#28 May 26, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome, you should look at all of his books, he specializes in building wealth. Another one is Automatic Millionaire based on the real estate market and Start late finish rich.
I think I have heard of the book "Start late finish rich,"
but I have not read it yet.

I want to read as many books as I can on this and other subjects.
There are probably a lot of books out there that discuss building wealth. I'm sure some are better than others, but I guess it is up to us the readers to figure out what best works for us and what does not.

Thanks for contributing to this thread with your recommendations.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#29 May 26, 2013
I should say that one does not have to be wealthy to learn how to manage money wisely.

Whether you are a millionaire or working a job making minimum wage, it is always a good idea to budget and spend your money wisely.

Saving is important too, even if you can only put aside a few pennies every month, it is better than not saving at all. We all have to start somewhere.

Learning to live within our means is important too.
Nothing wrong with striving to do better or to make more money, but it is never a good idea to spend money that we don't have on things that we really don't need.

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA.

#30 May 26, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
I should say that one does not have to be wealthy to learn how to manage money wisely.
Whether you are a millionaire or working a job making minimum wage, it is always a good idea to budget and spend your money wisely.
Saving is important too, even if you can only put aside a few pennies every month, it is better than not saving at all. We all have to start somewhere.
Learning to live within our means is important too.
Nothing wrong with striving to do better or to make more money, but it is never a good idea to spend money that we don't have on things that we really don't need.
True if a 20 year old puts away just $15 a week up to the age of 65 he/she will have well over a million dollars for retirement. Surly someone can do that.
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#31 May 27, 2013
IkeLike-NotSoDivineMsM-BLACK MYSTERY-Fairguy-NotSoDivineMsM -YoYo-vampiYAH stabB-Amelia Sugar COCAINE-Crackersaredogkissers- 0h_really-Savant-Not-Raptors Revenge-Amelia-Dev143-TheCat-D esmondSanford-BlackPatriot-Sha rlimar-MACEO wrote:
"]Check out Dr. Farrah Gray's books.
I remember reading about him becoming a millionaire at the age of 14 or 15.
http://farrahgray.com/

Here are some books by him I plan to read:
"Reallionaire: Nine Steps of Becoming Rich on the Inside Out"
"Get Real, Get Rich: Conquer the 7 Lies Blocking You from Success"
"The Truth Shall Make You Rich: The New Road Map to Radical Prosperity"
MACEO

Excellent! I read on Farrah Gray prior but he's less than 1% of the Black men who did something productive with his life!

Farrah saw his Father didnt' do anything for this Mother, abandoned them, Ran off with White women and left them to fend for themselves. His Mother worked 2-3 jobs and she had a heart attack, while Farrah father continue to harass his wife he abandoned and beat saying she wasn't worth anything to him; White women were superior!

(Sounds like you)

That's what motivated Farrah to do something with his life! He's brilliant and amazing! Because of his "No Good Father" he decided that he will always make enough money to provide for his Mother and Grandmother who he adores!

That's Truly GOD!

Look how you wasted your life! lmao Your the opposite of this Brilliant young man!

Scoffers like you MACEO need to be STONED and thrown out the Black community; your a waste!

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#32 May 27, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
True if a 20 year old puts away just $15 a week up to the age of 65 he/she will have well over a million dollars for retirement. Surly someone can do that.
That's exactly why Black parents have to practice good money management and saving habits, and teach their children to do the same.

Another book I have on my list to read is called "Rich Dad Poor Dad: what the rich teach their kids about money that the poor and middle class do not!"

From what I've heard about that book, I don't think I would agree with everything in it, but I do agree that the poor and the middle class need to teach their children about money, budgeting, and investing at an early age. The public library and university libraries are full of books on this topic that can be checked out for free.

If children are at least taught the basics about saving more and spending less, they will have a much better chance of accumulating some form of wealth by the time they are adults.
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#33 May 27, 2013
IkeLike--NotSoDivineMsM-BLACK MYSTERY-Fairguy-NotSoDivineMsM -YoYo-vampiYAH stabB-Amelia Sugar COCAINE-Crackersaredogkissers- 0h_really-Savant-Not-Raptors Revenge-Amelia-Dev143-TheCat-D esmondSanford-BlackPatriot-Sha rlimar-MACEO wrote:
<quoted text>

That's exactly why Black parents have to practice good money management and saving habits, and teach their children to do the same.
Another book I have on my list to read is called "Rich Dad Poor Dad: what the rich teach their kids about money that the poor and middle class do not!"
From what I've heard about that book, I don't think I would agree with everything in it, but I do agree that the poor and the middle class need to teach their children about money, budgeting, and investing at an early age. The public library and university libraries are full of books on this topic that can be checked out for free.
If children are at least taught the basics about saving more and spending less, they will have a much better chance of accumulating some form of wealth by the time they are adults.
MACEO

It takes two parents in the home who have similar values! Black men like yourself who didn't have those values and didn't value education or goal setting called Black women names for trying to do better.

That's why Black women are dating/marrying White males because your "Late in the Game" your 60 years old!

Your Father should have taught you these tools! That's why Black women don't want Black men! In many cases even when Black women are the breadwinners; Black males "Values Differ" like yours!

You value chasing Trashy WW, getting a Car, a few gadgets and chasing SEX from poor White women and you thought you accomplished alot....you were arrogant!

An Educated person have different values then you! They value education, schooling, conducting your life to gain respect, helping others all the value that you don't "Inhabit"!

So Black women don't want Black men for many reasons! Not only is it the Narcissistic Wrong mentalities like yourself but you don't have the same values!

Black men want to live off women and chase ASS, buy a car, few gadgets, chase Puzzy so you can brag to your Broke Friends on how your getting over on your wife like a FOOL! LMAO

Everybody see it in you and many other Black males which is why we are running from Black males!

Your FOOLISH!
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#35 May 27, 2013
IkeLike--NotSoDivineMsM-BLACK MYSTERY-Fairguy-NotSoDivineMsM -YoYo-vampiYAH stabB-Amelia Sugar COCAINE-Crackersaredogkissers- 0h_really-Savant-Not-Raptors Revenge-Amelia-Dev143-TheCat-D esmondSanford-BlackPatriot-Sha rlimar-MACEO wrote:
<quoted text>

MACEO

It takes two parents in the home who have similar values! Black men like yourself who didn't have those values and didn't value education or goal setting called Black women names for trying to do better.

That's why Black women are dating/marrying White males because your "Late in the Game" your 60 years old!

Your Father should have taught you these tools! That's why Black women don't want Black men! In many cases even when Black women are the breadwinners; Black males "Values Differ" like yours!

You thought you accomplished alot....you were arrogant!

An Educated person have different values then you! They value education, schooling, gain respect, helping others, valuing their families/children, safe communities all the value that you don't "Inhabit"!

So Black women don't want Black men for many reasons! Not only is it the Narcissistic Wrong mentalities like yourself but you don't have the same values as many Black women who have educations.

You never sacrificed; so you feel entitled without earning it! It simply doesn't work that way MACEO!

Black men want to live off women and chase ASS, buy a car, few gadgets, chase Puzzy so you can brag to your Broke Friends on how your getting over on your wife! You brag about it and act like FOOLS! LMAO

In the end like yourself; many Black men end up old, broke and dying alone! Even your children or family don't have any respect for the collective group of Black males like yourself!

You LOOK FOOLISH!

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#36 May 27, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing I have been doing to save money is to actually save the money that I save when using coupons or buying things on sale.

For example if I buy a product that cost 2.00 and use a coupon that is .50 off for that product, I will put .50 (the coupon value) in my savings account. In other words, the money that I saved by using the coupon goes into my savings account.

Also, if I purchase an item that is on sale, I will put the money I saved by buying the item on sale into my savings account. For example, if a 15.00 shirt is on sale for 10.00 I saved 5.00 by buying it on sale. I will take that 5.00 and put it into my savings account.

This helps me see what I'm doing with the money that I save by using coupons and buying items on sale when I can. Over time this
money adds up, depending on how many times you make purchases on sale or use coupons.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#37 May 27, 2013
Clarification:

That ".50" coupon is fifty cents. I was not sure if the decimal point I put in front of the .50 could be seen.
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#38 May 27, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing I have been doing to save money is to actually save the money that I save when using coupons or buying things on sale.
For example if I buy a product that cost 2.00 and use a coupon that is .50 off for that product, I will put .50 (the coupon value) in my savings account. In other words, the money that I saved by using the coupon goes into my savings account.
Also, if I purchase an item that is on sale, I will put the money I saved by buying the item on sale into my savings account. For example, if a 15.00 shirt is on sale for 10.00 I saved 5.00 by buying it on sale. I will take that 5.00 and put it into my savings account.
This helps me see what I'm doing with the money that I save by using coupons and buying items on sale when I can. Over time this
money adds up, depending on how many times you make purchases on sale or use coupons.
MACEO

STFU and go fishing FOOL!

You truly wasted your life! LMAO

Yoru 60 years old and all you do is Yelp on nTopix like a fool
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#40 May 27, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
Clarification:
That ".50" coupon is fifty cents. I was not sure if the decimal point I put in front of the .50 could be seen.
MACEO

GO DIE!
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#41 May 27, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
I was hoping to get a lot more of a good discussion going on this thread.
MACEO

http:www.dictionary.com

Learn how to spell millionaires!
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#42 May 27, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
<quoted text>
MaCEO the Scoffer and Fool!

MACEO

You thought you accomplished alot....you were arrogant!

An Educated person have different values then you! They value education, schooling, gain respect, helping others, valuing their families/children, safe communities all the value that you don't "Inhabit"!

So Black women don't want Black men for many reasons! Not only is it the Narcissistic Wrong mentalities like yourself but you don't have the same values as many Black women who have educations.

You never sacrificed; so you feel entitled without earning it! It simply doesn't work that way MACEO!

Black men want to live off women and chase ASS, buy a car, few gadgets, chase Puzzy so you can brag to your Broke Friends on how your getting over on your wife! You brag about it and act like FOOLS! LMAO

In the end like yourself; many Black men end up old, broke and dying alone! Even your children or family don't have any respect for the collective group of Black males like yourself!

Level 6

Los Angeles, CA.

#43 May 27, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine read that book and she loved it. I have yet to read it but I probably will. About to start Outliners, was skimming over it at Costco and an older gentleman approached me telling me what a great book it was and that he read it while out in the Marina on his yacht. He said he was buying a few copies for friends, needless to say I bought it, I also bought "What The Dog Saw" and going to purchase Blink and the Tipping Point as well. I've heard a lot of good things about Malcolm Gladwell.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#45 May 28, 2013
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine read that book and she loved it. I have yet to read it but I probably will. About to start Outliners, was skimming over it at Costco and an older gentleman approached me telling me what a great book it was and that he read it while out in the Marina on his yacht. He said he was buying a few copies for friends, needless to say I bought it, I also bought "What The Dog Saw" and going to purchase Blink and the Tipping Point as well. I've heard a lot of good things about Malcolm Gladwell.
Thank you very much for sharing this with me. My goal is to read more than I usually do. I read text books, but I want to expand my reading to other types of books (fiction and non-fiction).

Although this thread is about wealth and millionaires, I am interested in so many other subjects (physics, music, film making, math, technology, etc.).

I'll have to add the books you mentioned to my growing list of books to read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CANCERS =most manipulative, lying, and thieving (Jun '12) 16 min Do I know you 42
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min Fck you 1,680,373
Racist White People on MLK Day. 40 min bravesoul 44
Trump denies making disparaging comments about ... 48 min Jake 141
MLK-JFK files 1 hr Royals Love Black... 16
Well, I'm out a thousand dollars.... 1 hr felt 36
Highest poverty rate in U.S.? California! 1 hr real 57
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 2 hr yeametoo 37,766
Trump's, "Worst Week Ever"! 4 hr The Laughing Axe 54
More from around the web