Black people don't tip

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#65 Jan 9, 2013
ieo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we are there to have a good time but not with you, with our friends/family. I HATE when service people try to be social with me, you need to understand you aren't seen as a normal person, you're just a waiter bringing me my food.
Ummm....hold on there. You may be out to have a good time with friends but the exchange of pleasantries with the server is not a heavy lift. Granted, the rest of the poster's comment leaves a lot to be desired but it never hurts to take the high road.
Ya mother

Jersey City, NJ

#66 Jan 9, 2013
Suck the tip of this d%%k, and get a real job.
Well

Columbus, OH

#68 Jan 13, 2013
KIP wrote:
No one is ENTITLED to a tip.
Tips are GRATUITY. That means the person served leaves a little something extra for the effort made to deliver their quality of service. I'm black and I tip generously when the service is good and I tip very generously when the service and food are above average. However, if my service is bad I'll tip much less and give the establishment a bad restaurant review online. I don't like bad service. If you are unhappy with your job, then resign and move on. Paying customers shouldn't have to be a part of your misery through bad service you provide.
hmm, have you ever worked in the service industry? You do know servers get paid under $4.00 per hour and rely on tips. You say you don't like bad service, which I agree with but honestly I find working as a server makes me understand more what they are going through maybe they are busy or stressed or the costumers they are dealing with are not so enjoyable. I guess what I'm saying is yes it's optional but if you can't afford to tip or are going to be cheap on a tip for saving money sakes I feel you simply should not go out to eat. Serve yourself
Kyy

Columbus, OH

#69 Jan 13, 2013
Ya mother wrote:
Ignorant. Who will serve your food then ? Hahah
UNCLE BEN

Finksburg, MD

#70 Jan 13, 2013
That's not a stereotype. That's true.

Chinese restaurant employee cycles through the city in the rain to deliver lunch to some black female employees of my workplace. When the poor wet guy arrives, they debate whether or not to give him ANY TIP AT ALL.

NOT EVEN A STINKIN' DOLLAR, GF????

SERIOUSLY?
UNCLE BEN

Finksburg, MD

#71 Jan 13, 2013
Y'all are tighter than a crab's ass.
Phaedrus

Kenner, LA

#73 Jan 15, 2013
C Smacker AKA Most Envied wrote:
Most BP tip according to SERVICE. Since a lot of you uneducated poverty stricken racist rednecks take up 'tip jobs', y'all tend to treat black patrons less than stellar. Hence the low tips. On the other hand, if the service is great, BP will tip more than the standard 15%. We're not going to tip you muthaphluckers just because we don't want to be stereotyped as low tippers. Do your job and you'll get your tip. Plain and simple.
So explain all the occasions I've tried extra hard for the black folks that come in my bar and still can't even get the 50 cents off a 2.50 beer now and then. It's true, y'all don't tip. So maybe rethink your argument.
Umm

Atlanta, GA

#74 Jan 15, 2013
I tip every time and im black!!!

Level 7

Location hidden

#75 Jan 15, 2013
Umm wrote:
I tip every time and im black!!!
Liar! Black and tipping can't be used in the same sentence.
j/k.....That's how ridiculous this thread is. I'm black and always tip...and tip well.

To the poster who talked of adulterating people's food: be prepared to eventually lose your job over that behavior. In some jurisdictions, you could end up with criminal charges. Not too bright.
blacknwhite

Indianapolis, IN

#76 Jan 19, 2013
I think this is stupid ..it has nothing to do with race it is. Not knowing how to respond. With social etiquette. I'm very sure this is done just as much in redneck poor nascar white trailer git r done neighborhoods .!
ben

Knightdale, NC

#77 Jan 20, 2013
Blacks are dreadful tippers. Get on the same page as the rest of humanity and step up. It shows a startling lack of class. Otherwise choke on your meal.
Felicia

Alexander City, AL

#78 Jan 24, 2013
I am a server and I totally agree. Black people don't tip. Lets break down the word t.i.p.s for them shall we. T- to I- insure p- proper s- service. If I get a table of black people I make them sit there and wait for me to deal with my tipping tables first. I don't smile when I wait on them, and I will be damned if I refill their drinks. I make them flag me down I they need ANYTHING. I charge them for every little thing they ask for. If they want anything special that we can do but is not on our menu I just tell them we can't do it. If I am working at a resturant that has a gratuity button I will slap it on them every time. And if they order alcohol I will put half the liquor they are paying for. And if they don't want to tip, they deserve every bit of that. McDonald's is everywhere. They can take their no tipping butts there and stay out of my resturant.

Level 7

Location hidden

#79 Jan 24, 2013
Felicia wrote:
I am a server and I totally agree. Black people don't tip. Lets break down the word t.i.p.s for them shall we. T- to I- insure p- proper s- service. If I get a table of black people I make them sit there and wait for me to deal with my tipping tables first. I don't smile when I wait on them, and I will be damned if I refill their drinks. I make them flag me down I they need ANYTHING. I charge them for every little thing they ask for. If they want anything special that we can do but is not on our menu I just tell them we can't do it. If I am working at a resturant that has a gratuity button I will slap it on them every time. And if they order alcohol I will put half the liquor they are paying for. And if they don't want to tip, they deserve every bit of that. McDonald's is everywhere. They can take their no tipping butts there and stay out of my resturant.
See my post above. If you were my server, you'd get your 15% followed by being called on the carpet by your employer. For the last time, tipping is unrelated to race. It has everything to do with social graces and upbringing.
Felicia

Alexander City, AL

#80 Jan 24, 2013
Ya mother wrote:
If every server got a "real" job then who would feed you and clean up after your sorry a**. If you don't want to T.I.P.S ( to insure proper service) cook your own food, refill your own drinks, wipe your own tables, sweep your own floors, clean up after your messy ungrateful family, and wash your own damn dishes
Felicia

Alexander City, AL

#81 Jan 24, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post above. If you were my server, you'd get your 15% followed by being called on the carpet by your employer. For the last time, tipping is unrelated to race. It has everything to do with social graces and upbringing.
The same families come into my resturant. I will give someone one chance. But if I give u good service and dont tip and you come back and sit in my section again. You will get the service I stated above. Don't get me wrong I do it to white people too. I live in Alabama and I have got to say I put rednecks and Christians in the same category as blacks when it comes to tipping. If I recognize you as a poor tipper, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, redneck. You will not get good service. I will use my energy toward the deserving. Think of tipping this way. Keep in mind I make 2.13 an hour. Going to a resturant give you the option to pay the server Based on your experience. Horrible service from someone who doesn't care probably shouldn't get a tip. Bad service but you can tell they tried a little should get 10%, good service 15%, great service 18% and outstanding service 20% or more. I you order alcohol you should leave a little extra. Your server has to pay the bartender to make your drink. If you order $50 in alcohol $5 goes to the bartender. If you don't tip at all that server has to take that money she made from another table and pay the bartender. If you go to get your car fixed you have no house to pay or the labor they provide. When you go to Walmart prices are raised so they can pay their employees. I think resturants should just raise the price of everything by 20% and just pay their servers that way instead of relying on greedy Americans to pay them. Then your $15 steak is now a $18 steak. So on and so on. America is to greedy to rely in them to do the right thing
Lomba

New York, NY

#82 Jan 24, 2013
Roofis wit da gold toofis wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct Kern. I have even left extra tip money after black friends of mine didn't tip or not much at all. Look what happened to Denny's a few years ago. Das raht
you have black friends?
Felicia

Alexander City, AL

#83 Jan 24, 2013
Cayla N wrote:
Why are crackkkers so thirsty for our tips?
Why are blacks so thirsty for government assistance. Welfare is what is wrong with our economy. I say get rid of it and give those people a reality check on life and how to work for a living. We should have classes on how to not have 8 kids and expect other to pay for them.
Felicia

Alexander City, AL

#84 Jan 24, 2013
Leeroy wrote:
Shoon bay I kno datz ryte y'all mothafackin raciss crackaz do owe my peepz
Did you go to school????? No we don't owe your "people anything". I hate my ancestors just as much as you do because they brought your people over here. If I could travel in time I would go back and warn them before the first slave ship set sail. If they only new what the future held for us they might have done the work themselves.
Felicia

Alexander City, AL

#85 Jan 24, 2013
blacknwhite wrote:
I think this is stupid ..it has nothing to do with race it is. Not knowing how to respond. With social etiquette. I'm very sure this is done just as much in redneck poor nascar white trailer git r done neighborhoods .!
You are right. Rednecks are just as bad.

Level 7

Location hidden

#86 Jan 24, 2013
Felicia wrote:
<quoted text>The same families come into my resturant. I will give someone one chance. But if I give u good service and dont tip and you come back and sit in my section again. You will get the service I stated above. Don't get me wrong I do it to white people too. I live in Alabama and I have got to say I put rednecks and Christians in the same category as blacks when it comes to tipping. If I recognize you as a poor tipper, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, redneck. You will not get good service. I will use my energy toward the deserving. Think of tipping this way. Keep in mind I make 2.13 an hour. Going to a resturant give you the option to pay the server Based on your experience. Horrible service from someone who doesn't care probably shouldn't get a tip. Bad service but you can tell they tried a little should get 10%, good service 15%, great service 18% and outstanding service 20% or more. I you order alcohol you should leave a little extra. Your server has to pay the bartender to make your drink. If you order $50 in alcohol $5 goes to the bartender. If you don't tip at all that server has to take that money she made from another table and pay the bartender. If you go to get your car fixed you have no house to pay or the labor they provide. When you go to Walmart prices are raised so they can pay their employees. I think resturants should just raise the price of everything by 20% and just pay their servers that way instead of relying on greedy Americans to pay them. Then your $15 steak is now a $18 steak. So on and so on. America is to greedy to rely in them to do the right thing
Personally, I think servers need to be laid a living wage just like everyone else. Then, there would not be an issue as to who tips and who does not. That being said, broad characterizations are unfair. Obviously, from your post above, you are quite aware that non/poor tippers can be found in every demographic. I know this is Topix, but in the future, please resist the urge to pile on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 1,536,022
Black women want kids with that GOOD HAIR 9 min Harrisson 26
Black men are weak and cowardly! lmao 28 min T-BOS 8
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 31 min dreamhunk 34,579
Does Washington State Have A Lot Of Racism? (Oct '11) 31 min StayAwayFromEastWA 63
BM will never RISE 32 min Virginia Sue Jenk... 13
New Serena Williams Pregnancy pics 33 min Keyanna 34
HA HA HA! Trump cuts $1.7 TRILLION in welfare! 37 min Paul 222
Why are black men so thirsty for white women? 1 hr KC The Troll Hunter 77
White women are extremely jealous of bw! 3 hr WHITE MASTER 42
More from around the web