Black people don't tip
Sun of God

Jersey City, NJ

#380 Apr 17, 2013
We only tip if the waiter has good service, at least my family anyway.
Sun of God

Jersey City, NJ

#381 Apr 17, 2013
welfare delivery service wrote:
<quoted text>
What blacks seem to miss is that if you don't have money for a tip than you don't order delivery - you get a driver's license, buy a car, insure it, and then drive to Domino's and pick-up your own food. You do not use some stranger just because they can't force you to tip. you are a bad person.
Don't quote me on this but I heard in Asia it's rude to tip someone for doing their job.
Sun ofa Bytch

United States

#382 Apr 17, 2013
Sun of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't quote me on this but I heard in Asia it's rude to tip someone for doing their job.
Don't quote me on this but this AIN'T FCUKIN ASIA AZZHOLE!!!!
Sun of God

Jersey City, NJ

#383 Apr 17, 2013
Sun ofa Bytch wrote:
<quoted text> Don't quote me on this but this AIN'T FCUKIN ASIA AZZHOLE!!!!
Whatever get a reel job Bitch boy.
Toomis

Houston, TX

#384 Apr 17, 2013
Sun of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever get a reel job Bitch boy.
Mo Negro obfuscatshum. Some peeps have to work thise jobs. Pay um you cheap purple drinker.
Negro Mann

Houston, TX

#386 Apr 17, 2013
Hey, you got to understand that we slaves deserve to get service and not have to pay cuz we done paid in the cotton fields back in 1700s. We still wont' our riparatons. You need to listen to Jesse Jackson he know the truth. We got obamma now though, and we going to get riparatiom.

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Minneapolis, MN

#387 Apr 18, 2013
It really depends where you live. I grew up in MN everyone I knew tipped. Though I do think if your delivering in a low class neighborhood that they wont tip. Some don't have the money others are ignorant and believe its just a pizza they don't need to tip.
Truth

New York, NY

#388 Apr 21, 2013
J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH wrote:
<quoted text>
I tip and didnt grow up rich... 2 people 2 eat at applebees is 20$... wats a 3 dollar tip?
its supposed to be a 4 dollar tip 20% of 20 is 4
Truth

New York, NY

#389 Apr 21, 2013
mindgames wrote:
<quoted text> White chicks are always on our tip.
not the ones white men want
Pizza Parlor

United States

#391 Apr 21, 2013
Bronze5 wrote:
You pizza boys want a tip?
Get another part time job if you need the money that bad.
And FYI, I only tip black pizza men.
We know. That's why ALL of us spit loogies in your pizza. You only thought that the Oregano tasted extra salty! Lol ENJOY.
Pizza Parlor

United States

#393 Apr 21, 2013
Bronze5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's why I like to order a buck load of food, then cancel it 30 minutes later.
That's okay, it's a write off. We give it away to our "GOOD" customers for FREE! Enjoy your "LoogieRoni" SUCKA. Lol
ServerHumor

Chicago, IL

#394 Apr 27, 2013
I have been a server at a restaurant for approximately a year that unfortunately attracts a lot of "unsavory" customers. I've found that black people do tip less than whites, but that class is a better indicator of who will tip than race. I made this video to document my experience while serving.

NotAngryButAnnoy edBlacMan

Murfreesboro, TN

#395 Apr 30, 2013
I'll tell you why I don't tip... it's because of the consistently lousy service I get from white people.

Don't get me wrong, I get it from my own people as well, but the bottom line is I tip based on the SERVICE I received. When you ignore me, or don't even acknowledge my presence, you've already lost 50% of the 25% I was prepared to leave for you. It goes down even further when my food arrives an hour after the the patrons who arrived after me received their meal, or you make subtle insults to me or the people in my group, or you show attitude if I make a request for something as simple as an extra napkin.

So, if you think we don't tip because of certain stereotypes you may have about us, MY answer to you is it's because of the TRUTH about how you treat us when you have to serve us.
server

Helena, AL

#397 May 3, 2013
When I see black people coming in the restaurant I look at the hostess and she knows not to seat them in my section... You know why? Because I'm sick and tired of busting my ass for you to have the best service and me getting zero or okay 2 dollar tips on $45 checks or more... Is not that your broke is just that you are selfish.. I got a family to feed so do us all a favor( because there are black servers that agree) eat at home .. Most people honestly do not want to serve you.. Sorry truth hurts
server

Helena, AL

#398 May 3, 2013
How much would you tip on a 35 dollar check?

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#399 May 3, 2013
server wrote:
How much would you tip on a 35 dollar check?
If I get service as expected, you'd get $7. Could go up or down a bit depending upon your service. You don't know who is walking in your restaurant, I could be a good tipper, a poor tipper or a 'shopper' hired by corporate. You have no idea who I am when you I walk in your restaurant. Don't be so vindictive in your service as to screw yourself over in the end.
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#400 May 4, 2013
TIP: To insure service

Americans don't understand tipping, thus they are being raken advantage of. People who own service oriented businesses support tipping for two reasons, both financial. In many states, tips allow ownes to reduce wages--even though there is no guarantee that the worker will get a tip, and tipping is a way of passing labor costs directly onto the consumer--even a way of controlling a worker's behavior without supervision.
Thus, the idea of tipping to insure service gets morphed into tipping to further profits and exploit workers. People who are dependent on low wage jobs are loathe to complain to their boss--the person that wage questions should be directed towards--they, instead, take it out on the consumer--those who provide the job in the first place.
then comes racist and fools: this group wants those who are most exploited to take the blame.
Here's a tip: Want more money, talk to your boss.
Kil People

United States

#401 May 4, 2013
J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH wrote:
<quoted text>
I tip and didnt grow up rich... 2 people 2 eat at applebees is 20$... wats a 3 dollar tip?
Ummm... It's a bad tip. That's what it is.

Every waiter shudders when they get a table of black people. When you see them walk in the door, you feel like a game of Russian Roulette just began.

On the plus side, after they act stupid, the white people around them feel bad for me, and will typically tip more for having to deal with the black table.

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa OK. & Lugano Switzerland

#402 May 4, 2013
server wrote:
When I see black people coming in the restaurant I look at the hostess and she knows not to seat them in my section... You know why? Because I'm sick and tired of busting my ass for you to have the best service and me getting zero or okay 2 dollar tips on $45 checks or more... Is not that your broke is just that you are selfish.. I got a family to feed so do us all a favor( because there are black servers that agree) eat at home .. Most people honestly do not want to serve you.. Sorry truth hurts
The only truth that hurts is you are waiting tables depending on tips to feed a family. Probably no health,dental,retirement savings,etc.. And you will have no choice but to wait on some people who won't tip good enough to your liking and you won't know if you will get any tip at all until they are done with their meal and gone.

This is one of the many scenarios my dad warned me about when i was in high school and why getting an education and establishing a career/trade/profession is important before having a family or creating bastard kids.
Glad I listened.

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#403 May 4, 2013
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
TIP: To insure service
Americans don't understand tipping, thus they are being raken advantage of. People who own service oriented businesses support tipping for two reasons, both financial. In many states, tips allow ownes to reduce wages--even though there is no guarantee that the worker will get a tip, and tipping is a way of passing labor costs directly onto the consumer--even a way of controlling a worker's behavior without supervision.
Thus, the idea of tipping to insure service gets morphed into tipping to further profits and exploit workers. People who are dependent on low wage jobs are loathe to complain to their boss--the person that wage questions should be directed towards--they, instead, take it out on the consumer--those who provide the job in the first place.
then comes racist and fools: this group wants those who are most exploited to take the blame.
Here's a tip: Want more money, talk to your boss.
Even better, organize and take on the National Restaurant Association. They have an extremely powerful lobby apparatus that works specifically for restaurateurs to depress wages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The truth about white people/their secrets and ... (Mar '15) 2 min Guest 34
Urbanwear 2 min Oh No You Di-nt 11
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 3 min Don Barros Serrano 103
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min flack 1,395,823
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 9 min dreamhunk 32,675
20% of Trump’s campaign $ goes to Trump busine... 11 min John S 1
Poll Can Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton? 12 min Don Barros Serrano 339
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 18 min Don Barros Serrano 46,523
Do you understand 1 hr Fukanig 29
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 1 hr American Cuckold 298
More from around the web