Black people don't tip
Mariah

Victoria, TX

#232 Feb 1, 2013
Yes I am black and I waitressed while going to school to help pay my tuition and brothers and sisters DO NOT TIP. Very rarely they did. And yes I had some try and get me to give them discounts and free food. Broke fools.

If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out. Your broke ass needs to stay home and get some bread and peanut butter and serve your own self.
Ron

Gastonia, NC

#234 Feb 2, 2013
I worked part time as a pizza delivery driver for 5 years in NC.
About 90% of whites over 25 would tip over a dollar.
Whites under 25 and especially teenagers would tip less than half the time. Mexicans tipped about as much as whites.
East indians would almost never tip.
Blacks? Maybe 1 in 10 would tip. Rich or poor, it makes no difference at all. They know that they should too. It's some weird cultural thing. I would try my best to give good service. I would offer cheese packets, pepper packets and offer coupons. I would smile and say thank you. It didn't matter at all. 1 in 10 blacks tip. This comes from 5 years of experience.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#235 Feb 2, 2013
Mariah wrote:
Yes I am black and I waitressed while going to school to help pay my tuition and brothers and sisters DO NOT TIP. Very rarely they did. And yes I had some try and get me to give them discounts and free food. Broke fools.
If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out. Your broke ass needs to stay home and get some bread and peanut butter and serve your own self.
AMEN!
Grace

New York, NY

#236 Feb 2, 2013
Ron wrote:
I worked part time as a pizza delivery driver for 5 years in NC.
About 90% of whites over 25 would tip over a dollar.
Whites under 25 and especially teenagers would tip less than half the time. Mexicans tipped about as much as whites.
East indians would almost never tip.
Blacks? Maybe 1 in 10 would tip. Rich or poor, it makes no difference at all. They know that they should too. It's some weird cultural thing. I would try my best to give good service. I would offer cheese packets, pepper packets and offer coupons. I would smile and say thank you. It didn't matter at all. 1 in 10 blacks tip. This comes from 5 years of experience.
This is so true! and I am a mix girl (Black/White). I work in restaurants for years and black people don't like to tip. And usually leave a big mess on the tables they eat. I feel bad because in the restaurant I work now, I will tell any new waitress/waiter to take care of the Black Table. I am actually doing racial profiling but what can I do? I live off tips for the most part!!
Jeremy

Miami, FL

#237 Feb 2, 2013
Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true! and I am a mix girl (Black/White). I work in restaurants for years and black people don't like to tip. And usually leave a big mess on the tables they eat. I feel bad because in the restaurant I work now, I will tell any new waitress/waiter to take care of the Black Table. I am actually doing racial profiling but what can I do? I live off tips for the most part!!
LOL! Mix girl? You are doing racial profiling?
Who do you think you are?
You are not fooling anybody putting yourself in a Mix category like that means anything.
You are black career waitress that can't do anything else.That being mix don't seem to be helping you get a better job.
LOL! you people crack me up.
Kern

Houston, TX

#238 Feb 2, 2013
Since I switched stores out of the black area a few months ago I get good tips. I usually buy 5 dollars worth of extra red pepper and parm shakers and always ask if they want extra. Even in the lower middle class areas, which are mostly Mexican, people remember me and are very nice and tip well.
Jon

United States

#239 Feb 2, 2013
KIP wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not entitled to a tip.
Do your job and provide the customer service necessary to support the business without the race bias. If you do not want to do the job, then move on and quit complaining.
Yes, I tip when the service is good and generously when the food is superior.
I am a driver also I delivered to 5 blacks today and only one tip if you can not tip don't order we send our money on gas so you can eat next time we will take our time to get it there to you
Chris

Dallas, TX

#240 Feb 4, 2013
C Smacker AKA Most Envied wrote:
Most BP tip according to SERVICE. Since a lot of you uneducated poverty stricken racist rednecks take up 'tip jobs', y'all tend to treat black patrons less than stellar. Hence the low tips. On the other hand, if the service is great, BP will tip more than the standard 15%. We're not going to tip you muthaphluckers just because we don't want to be stereotyped as low tippers. Do your job and you'll get your tip. Plain and simple.
This is simply NOT true. I manage a restaurant and maintain STRICT service standards that in NO way discriminate. African Americans do NOT tip. They play ALL sorts of games when ordering their food. They return their food at a significantly higher rate than all other patrons. In short, they behave BADLY. It is true that I have to force servers to take care of African Americans because they KNOW they are not going to get a tip. To be truthful, I usually just do it myself. I am writing this so you will know that African Americans really do have a problem when dining out that they have created all on their own.

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#241 Feb 4, 2013
Well I tip. All I can do is focus on myself. I still expect great service no matter what.
Cornelio

Houston, TX

#242 Feb 4, 2013
MumRa wrote:
Well I tip. All I can do is focus on myself. I still expect great service no matter what.
Try wearing an "I tip" sticker on your purple bowler hat to distinguish yourself from the typical of your breed.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#243 Feb 4, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
This is simply NOT true. I manage a restaurant and maintain STRICT service standards that in NO way discriminate. African Americans do NOT tip. They play ALL sorts of games when ordering their food. They return their food at a significantly higher rate than all other patrons. In short, they behave BADLY. It is true that I have to force servers to take care of African Americans because they KNOW they are not going to get a tip. To be truthful, I usually just do it myself. I am writing this so you will know that African Americans really do have a problem when dining out that they have created all on their own.
Ah, Truth!
Philly

Philadelphia, PA

#244 Feb 4, 2013
I don't like bad service. If you are unhappy with your job, then resign and move on. Paying customers shouldn't have to be a part of your misery through bad service you provide.

I 100% agree with you. I have bartended for over 10 years. Also waitressed two separate times (Unos,Applebees) and it was hell! I learned through bartending that you never judge a person and assume how that person will tip... No matter what you will almost never receive a good tip with a bad attitude!
Also, if the food is bad that is not the wait staffs fault. Its the wait staffs job to try and make the customer happy by offering options to better their experience. No excuses... even though you will have some people that are never pleased. You just need to keep your cool and hold a smile. You might get stiffed but you will make it back on your next table or next night.
I'm white, an Italian Jewish girl, and I will admit that the stereo type is true that a good amount of black people don't tip enough or at all. But I used to tend bar at a local club on Sundays and it's crowd was mostly middle to upper class AA professionals and I wouldn't give up that night for anything! I was tipped pretty well and it was a great crowd with awesome music!
Lastly, college kids, any race, are the WORST tippers! They are also binge drinkers and tend to be loud and sloppy.
Philly

Philadelphia, PA

#245 Feb 4, 2013
"Grace"

Sad but very true.... BUT you can't expect coworkers to take your tables because you have a feeling you won't get a good tip, if any tip.
I bartended and even some black girls I worked behind the bar with would skip over AA to serve a white guy because they would say "My people don't tip" Since I was the manager at the one club, that excuse is bs because you need to serve EVERYONE!
Yes tipping is "optional" but at the same time it is expected that you leave a tip.
While waitressing I had a bad experience with a large group of AA. They made me give them separate receipts so they wouldn't have to pay the 18%, automatic tip. They ran me ragged took up all my tables, threw chicken bones on the floor, called me names.... I bite my tongue and did my best to serve them as well as I could. When I gave them their tab, all 10 separate ones, and stayed an extra 30 minutes after paying then handed me a penny!!! My manager finally asked them to leave and let them no they weren't allowed back... When I went to clean up the tables I saw $5 and was surprised, not that $5 was even close to a good tip, but that they left me more after getting a penny!
Found out later through another coworker that my manager left it for me... That manager happened to be black... just saying
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#246 Feb 4, 2013
MumRa wrote:
I ordered pizza delivery yesterday. It was $20 and I gave him a $5 tip.
:)
I also have Tip Calc App on my Android phone. Not because I can't figure out 20%. I just like playing with the app.
It doesn't matter WHAT you tip MumRa. Hell you could give him a $100 tip and provide the same amount in your church every Sunday they are still going to complain. It's all these kind of white people do is COMPLAIN about black people. It's part of the reason they are so phuked up in the first place. They spend too much time whining about whether blacks are tipping. Hell, I see white people all the time who don't tip and laugh about not having to do so, but they wont talk about that. They are too busy whining about what we do.

Just some thoughts.
Freddy

Houston, TX

#247 Feb 4, 2013
Philly wrote:
"Grace"
This is so true! and I am a mix girl (Black/White).
You forgot to change your name to Grace in the prior post. Funny you cant even lie properly to make it look like some black people tip. HAR DEE HAR HAR
Philly

Philadelphia, PA

#248 Feb 4, 2013
"Freddy"
You forgot to change your name to Grace in the prior post. Funny you cant even lie properly to make it look like some black people tip. HAR DEE HAR HAR
Why would I need to lie? I just erased the her past comment but left the name mistakenly.
Do you think my past two comments warranted me to lie about my identity? I don't think so.
Anyway, I'm Jaime.
Philly

Philadelphia, PA

#249 Feb 4, 2013
"Freddy"

My first comment was supposed to be a reply as well. The first paragraph was the other persons comment I was replying to.
I just looked at my last comments... I don't know what i'm doing wrong because I hit reply but when I try to "post comment" I can't unless I get rid of the quotation thing??????
Average Joe

East Lansing, MI

#250 Feb 4, 2013
C Smacker AKA Most Envied wrote:
Most BP tip according to SERVICE. Since a lot of you uneducated poverty stricken racist rednecks take up 'tip jobs', y'all tend to treat black patrons less than stellar. Hence the low tips. On the other hand, if the service is great, BP will tip more than the standard 15%. We're not going to tip you muthaphluckers just because we don't want to be stereotyped as low tippers. Do your job and you'll get your tip. Plain and simple.
Standard tip is 20% for good service, 15% for timely drink refills and a smile, 10% just for walking up to your table. They only get 2.65 an hour in most states, and usually have to give 5% to 8% to other employees such as bartenders and bar backs. So pay them fair. Especially at the first of the month when you cash that check full of their tax money.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#253 Feb 5, 2013
Discuss...
most methheads are white

Delaware, OH

#254 Feb 5, 2013
do white methheads

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min BlueFlag 1,563,388
Entitled White Feminist 5 min Somebody 2020 7
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 8 min dreamhunk 34,662
Do white men like fat black women? (Jan '09) 11 min Aria 476
Height is worthless to a lot of women 13 min foot long corn dog 18
1682 Native Americans and Africans were combine... (Feb '15) 18 min JELL-O problems 49
RAW VIDEO: Teens Heckle Drowning Man 20 min Ugly monkeys 4
Should We Consider Segregating Schools Again? 42 min Sok 94
Ugly monkeys: I am sorry to all the blacks I ha... 50 min News in your GRILLZ 21
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 1 hr Chalotte 40
KIP: You're down with this, right? 4 hr Fun Facts 19
Whites Should Stop Sending Aid To Africa, Israe... 4 hr Fun Facts 71
More from around the web